Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 07:04 AM   #121
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojay View Post
Tanx a Bunch
I do know it works but am scared my body's used to it n its holding on to d fats,people keep looking @ ??? lik ???r a food junkie which is false,I want 2 do dis n maintain LC for life

Have you been following Stillmans and not getting results? Sometimes there are a few days without a loss and then whoosh! bye-bye 4 pounds...

I worry too about what people think. Had to bring the kids back to school today and Im like 20 pounds heavier. My face is looking quite jolly..
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2011, 07:04 AM   #122
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
So girlies.. I know what I have to do. I need to bust a pen and paper and start recording my food again. Im gonna post it here and hope that you guys do too. If Im not telling you what i ate then that means Im avoiding the topic because I caved. I need to do things old school, and get some results!!!

Im not a breakfast eater...so far coffee..no cream. woohoo!!! It aint all that bad!
Yeah I was thinking that too this morning in bed!! I was going to write everything I ear-this has to be back to strictly Stillman's!
So- for breakfast I'm eating 2HB eggs............I say breakfast, more like lunch,it's 2oclock! We were out last night-hubby's last outing before going back to work!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:08 AM   #123
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I couldnt find one with gagas face!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:13 AM   #124
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Have you been following Stillmans and not getting results? Sometimes there are a few days without a loss and then whoosh! bye-bye 4 pounds...

I worry too about what people think. Had to bring the kids back to school today and Im like 20 pounds heavier. My face is looking quite jolly..
Haven't put anything on my face......stomach-yup, hips-yup----face-not a gram!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:20 AM   #125
Big Yapper!!!!

Ojay, Stillman's....or any very low carb eating plan will work. You have to be strict but it does work. Maybe it won't be as fast as you like,maybe it won't be nice an neat with a 3lb loss every week, or maybe it won't come off from the places you'd like first, but it does work, I promise.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:33 AM   #126
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Good Morning Ladies...

Just want to wish you a very happy Monday....

I am just wondering if you could tell me, like a sample Stillman breakfast or lunch...is it like Atkins????

It's so cold for us here...I can see snow in the mountains...but I love it....
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
So girlies.. I know what I have to do. I need to bust a pen and paper and start recording my food again. Im gonna post it here and hope that you guys do too. If Im not telling you what i ate then that means Im avoiding the topic because I caved. I need to do things old school, and get some results!!!

Im not a breakfast eater...so far coffee..no cream. woohoo!!! It aint all that bad!
Al, do My Plate at livestrong.com, sooooooooo easy, much better than ******!

1/2 lowfat cottage cheese so far....2 c. coffee w/half n half.....everything tastes like crap cuz I'm sick....prob gonna be broth from the five chik breasts I have roasting away....in a bit of H2O to keep them moist.

Quote:
If you don't realize that losing weight and low carb is a lifestyle change and not a diet, that our bodies were never designed to ingest grain, and that you can never go back to what you were eating before then you will repeat the lesson until you learn it.
THANK YOU CC!!! I needed that! Ive been in carb fog, but Im breaking through. Lead me to the clearing!!! because you are so right!![/QUOTE]

I am a firm believer in this. The science and seeing what happens when we eat carb from grain all makes so much sense.....the shutoff mechanism that is triggered when u eat prot or fat is triggered, but is absent with grain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Nooooooo! Well actually thinking about it yeah very thin and gay guys working in clothing stores do! It does look good on them!
gadar on.....LOL, maybe it's a secret code..

[quote=ojay;14226124]
Quote:
Hi ojay! I wish I had the answers but instead I would really like to encourage you to give Stillmans a fair shot before looking into surgery. I completely understand about wanting results right away but I have found this plan to be the quickest of them all. We just have to put our minds to it, do it right, and good things will follow. You can lose up to 20 pounds in two weeks. I beleive it. I lost 14 my first run. I continued to lose and even at 3 pounds a week I was still complaining. Meat can be the answer. keep it lean, and keep it meat. If you start to feel fatigue or nausea, up the fat a little bit, but keep it meat fat. I swear this will work. In fact, I think I keep cheating another day because I know I can get the pounds off quick again!! Big hugs to you. We're here if you need us.

Tanx a Bunch
I do know it works but am scared my body's used to it n its holding on to d fats,people keep looking @ ??? lik ???r a food junkie which is false,I want 2 do dis n maintain LC for life

O, your body is literally in a coma from grains and carbs. It does not know what to do with them as they are unnatural to the homo sapien dietary needs.
Your body cannot store fat that is eaten, only the fat that is converted from carbs to sugar, then when not burned away, to fat.

Again, I will post the link to the article that will make you understand.....it is a long read but I promise you that a billion bulbs will go off in ur head when you discover that it's not your fault you are overweight, but a massive conspiracy perpetuated on the human race by politicians, food producers and food lobbies worldwide. That is why lowcarb is still the nutritional world's dirty little secret...

What if It's All Been a Big Fat Lie? - NYTimes.com

and, even more importantly, scientific proof that we did not eat grain until at least 8,000 years ago, but survived well over 100,000 on animals and occasional plants.

The Naive Vegetarian - Second Opinions, UK

these are a MUST read
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
I am back. 4 lbs to lose till I hit goal weight and start on maintenance. I am seeing a bunch of ladies that I have not seen since the first part of December... and with my breast reduction, there is more to notice. I HATE being noticed which is most likely why I allowed myself to get obese in the first place. I will have to go through with this meeting. I actually found myself wanting carbs just before I leave for this meeting, which means I am an emotional eater for sure... I do look very slim, almost time for a picture post. I am still on Stillmans for these last four lbs. I feel I need to take a day off just for maintenance and to up my calories for that down hill slide into my goal weight of 145. I should get my new blood glucose monitor and some strips, which always helps me stay on track with Stillmans.

Becky, I would have eaten pancakes too if there were tornadoes all around me!!

Welcome back those who are back on board, and for the new peeps. I haven't had time to read the past 5 pages. I have been in my own little world and kind of enjoying the time to reflect and think.

Honestly, I can not believe I am almost at goal. I just haven't worked that hard to get there because Stillmans takes away those nasty carb cravings. I almost, (though not quite) feel a pang of guilt for the 67 lbs.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: No flour no sugar
Today is my 6th day, whoo-hoo!

Today I realized that the stricter I am with the plan, the faster my results will be. After I finish up this package of turkey sausage, I'm not going to buy another one because the salt & additives in the sausage will probably slow down my loss. I'm also going to stop using the sugarfree fiber powder supplement because it has carbs in it.

Aleriaaa gave some great advice earlier: if you're hungry, just eat spoonfuls of ground turkey until you're not hungry any more.

My first mini-goal is 145lbs, because I haven't been able to get under 150lbs for a year. Here's hoping I lose these 5lbs in the next week!

Go, Stillmanites, go!
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #130
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
I am just wondering if you could tell me, like a sample Stillman breakfast or lunch...is it like Atkins????
Stillmans QWL, which is what I like to do, is lean meats, fish & seafood, non-fat cottage cheese, eggs, vitamins, and water. Artificial sugar in tea and coffee is permitted but could slow losses in some. There is a 14 day shape up plan that includes veggies, but still low fat.

You could read more in detail by checking out the stickies for QWL or Quick Weight Loss and 14 day shape up. The 3rd plan is all veggies no meat. I dont like that one. I need my meat!!!!

My lunch was a can of tuna, and I just had a bowl of ground turkey for my afternoon snack.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #131
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi anything and Milo!!! Gotta run! BBL
Old 01-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #132

Aleriaaa.. I thank you, I looked all over the internet for a sample menu.. and because I am computer illiterate I couldn't find any..so you guys eat very little fat????

OMG I know what you mean... I love my red meat....turkey, chicken all of it..
Old 01-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #133
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ojay
Stats: 253/231/220
WOE: Atkins/Stillman
Start Date: June 2010
I cant thank Each n every1 of ??? enough,am goin 2 give dis my best shot n see how far ild go,did d yogurt diet 2day n am down 2lbs now,I L??? You All,You al r Wonderful
ojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #134
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Honestly, I can not believe I am almost at goal. I just haven't worked that hard to get there because Stillmans takes away those nasty carb cravings. I almost, (though not quite) feel a pang of guilt for the 67 lbs.

67 pounds is awesome!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #135
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
Today is my 6th day, whoo-hoo!

Today I realized that the stricter I am with the plan, the faster my results will be. After I finish up this package of turkey sausage, I'm not going to buy another one because the salt & additives in the sausage will probably slow down my loss. I'm also going to stop using the sugarfree fiber powder supplement because it has carbs in it.

Aleriaaa gave some great advice earlier: if you're hungry, just eat spoonfuls of ground turkey until you're not hungry any more.

My first mini-goal is 145lbs, because I haven't been able to get under 150lbs for a year. Here's hoping I lose these 5lbs in the next week!

Go, Stillmanites, go!
great Milo! plain and simple will work wonders!!! Im taking my own advice. Since this is day 1 for me, Ive been spoonfulling it in!! YOU WILL LOSE 5 POUNDS BY NEXT WEEK! PLUS!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #136
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojay View Post
I cant thank Each n every1 of ??? enough,am goin 2 give dis my best shot n see how far ild go,did d yogurt diet 2day n am down 2lbs now,I L??? You All,You al r Wonderful
You are so welcome!!! Im excited for you. You will be amazed at the weight you lose. Give it 2 weeks no matter what.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #137
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
so you guys eat very little fat????
The plan calls for no fat, but I have to repeat...if you feel fatigue or nausea, have a little bit. Fat will slow your loss but not stop it so its better to add a little and feel good and keep meat going than to let yourself feel sick and then cave on some carbs to feel better. This is one diet you dont want to keep starting over and over again. Just follow it and get it done and over with.

So are you convinced to try yet??

milo knows what up now. Shes gonna get to goal Q-U-I-C-K! woohooo!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #138
Blabbermouth!!!

I may be on here all night!!! i gotta tell ya.. the "bad stuff" keeps calling my name, but I will not answer!!! Almost have a day under my belt. 2 more to go til freedom!!!

milo, how are you feeling on day 6?? perhaps having a few days of meat/fat helped to get over the 3 day detox period. I feel a slight headache coming on and I'll prob have to go to bed early. BUT not before I shake it to some dance central in my living room!

Im not cranky yet. thats good news too.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #139
Blabbermouth!!!

oh! and I picked up a frozen turkey breast today. Was all happy and pulled out my slow cooker...the stupid gravy pack and guts were frozen inside!!! I didnt even think of that! I rememebr IM2 saying to cook it frozen though..its thawing in my fridge for a few days..sigh

and that gravy pack is going right in the trash once i can pull it out!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #140
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2- that vitamin is making me pee like crazy... I havent even drank a lot today... Dont know where its coming from..haha
Old 01-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #141
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Haven't put anything on my face......stomach-yup, hips-yup----face-not a gram!
thats good news, then no one will notice! Maybe I'll have time to put some more pics up tonight. you can really see the difference
Old 01-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #142
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
thats good news, then no one will notice! Maybe I'll have time to put some more pics up tonight. you can really see the difference
Bet we wouldn't!
Yeah think that's why people always think I'm thinner than I am!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #143

Aleriaaa....I don't know if I could do without some fat.. I do Atkins now.. even though I haven't been great for awhile..well I have been back on plan since Nov 30th.. and dropped 20 pounds.. I do not eat as much fast as I am supposed to on Atkins...but I don't know if I could go as low as you guys do...

Right now I am on an egg fast...2nd day....even then I am not eating as much fat as it says to...I think having no gallbladder, I just can't physically stomach a high fat content....but as I said I do eat some...

Last edited by crazyone; 01-03-2011 at 03:55 PM..
Old 01-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #144

I really apologize for asking so many questions...I don't even know when I first posted, that it was Stillman's.. don't ask me how I even got here...LOL
Old 01-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #145
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I really apologize for asking so many questions...I don't even know when I first posted, that it was Stillman's.. don't ask me how I even got here...LOL
I love questions! Plus, it was fate! Stick with us! We're a bunch of losers!!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #146
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Aleriaaa....I don't know if I could do without some fat.. I do Atkins now.. even though I haven't been great for awhile..well I have been back on plan since Nov 30th.. and dropped 20 pounds.. I do not eat as much fast as I am supposed to on Atkins...but I don't know if I could go as low as you guys do...

Right now I am on an egg fast...2nd day....even then I am not eating as much fat as it says to...I think having no gallbladder, I just can't physically stomach a high fat content....but as I said I do eat some...
Keep doing what youre doing cause its working!!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #147

Well I have been on the Egg fast, this is my second day...then I will jump back to what I was doing...

But let me ask you something.. if you make ground turkey..or tuna.. what do you put on it????
Old 01-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #148
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Well I have been on the Egg fast, this is my second day...then I will jump back to what I was doing...

But let me ask you something.. if you make ground turkey..or tuna.. what do you put on it????
Ugh I've done the egg fast a couple of times!
For tuna I put on some mustard, or a teeny bit of low fat Mayo-I just can't eat tuna dry! On ground turkey-nothing.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #149

Well I have my Thyroid appt on Fri.. bad enough I haven't lost a single pound since I last seen him...but I am trying to get back to where I was..I dreading the lecture...if there is one...I love mustard...anyway that's why I am doing the egg fast...

ok no more questions..
Old 01-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #150
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ojay
Stats: 253/231/220
WOE: Atkins/Stillman
Start Date: June 2010
Tanx Al guess d best way 2 stay true,is 2 post here always,Al ur soooooooooo Sweet,tanx 4 al d advice
ojay is offline   Reply With Quote