Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
oh, look.... a clothing line for Stilly girls......Hunters & Gatherers
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Oooh, GT, I can't imagine you in much there.....so drabulous....tho tis winter, so depressing
There I mostly buy the shoes! Just bought patent pink ballerinas!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #93
Big Yapper!!!!

Checking to see if something works!
Ok it didn't!
Old 01-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok it did!!
Old 01-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Actually it looks a bit weird-I just saw other posters with a ticker and me being me wanted one too! And also I'm reckoning that 127 number is a major lie........but ignorance is bliss peeps!!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
The only shrimp cocktail at the store was frozen, so I made pork chops for dinner instead. I cheated though because I cooked them in 1T of bacon grease :blush:

Q: How do ya'll cook your meat?
I think I should start pan frying or baking meats in chicken broth so they don't dry out or stick to the pan.

Thanks to an earlier suggestion, yesterday's dinner was a can of tuna with mustard, and I surprisingly enjoyed it.

aleriaaa, don't beat yourself up about regaining the weight you lost. I regained the 30lbs I lost a couple years ago, and I think it happened for a reason. I lost weight on a vegetarian low calorie diet (Eat To Live) and it was one of the hardest things I ever did. Not being to able to maintain it made me realize it wasn't a lifestyle plan, and it brought me to low carb... which is where I need to be! I know you can get to goal and maintain it. I believe in you!

Is anyone incorporating exercise into the Stillman's plan? I've been jumping on a rebounder for 15-30 minutes a day and love it. In a couple of weeks I'm going to include some strength training.

Last edited by milo_juniper; 01-02-2011 at 06:05 PM..
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
when are we gonna snap out of it. we need to get back on plan!! stat!
ya know, Al. . vitamins might be the answer.. . seriously. . I can def. tell when i dont' take them.. take them. .that's an order! We are gonna be the losers of 2011
IM2fat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:14 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
Is anyone incorporating exercise into the Stillman's plan? I've been jumping on a rebounder for 15-30 minutes a day and love it. In a couple of weeks I'm going to include some strength training.

OOooo . . thanks for the reminder. . I'm gonna blow the dust off my rebounder and try it out. .

Funny thing.. I was just sitting here looking at my family room. . wondering why does that treadmill and weight set look so dusty. . . Could it be. . .

BECAUSE NO ONE USES IT!!! Should I get rid of them? seriously. . I've had them for years and now they have coats hung on them. .will I do it. . will I? maybe that's why I'm still chubby.. the exercise stuff still has dust on it. . what will it take to make me do it? Help..
Old 01-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
It's TOM for me, so I'm not going to be weighing myself for a couple of days. On the plus side, the longer I wait to weigh myself, the lower the number on the scale will be!

Is anyone else self-conscious when eating this way around other people? I wonder if me eating an entire shrimp cocktail ring for breakfast is going to raise eyebrows...
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:56 AM   #100
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ojay
Stats: 253/231/220
WOE: Atkins/Stillman
Start Date: June 2010
????y New Every One,please I do nid ur support and advice,am 25 240ilbs and just 5'2 I've decided 2 under go surgery 2 take out fat from my legs thighs buttocks and arms,cos am gettin depressed everyday with slow results and cheats.
1. Ild like suggestions of credible hospitals(esp in india)
2. Names of the Procedures n likely Cost
Pls I do need everyone's support,thanks waiting 2 here something ASAP
ojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:20 AM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojay View Post
????y New Every One,please I do nid ur support and advice,am 25 240ilbs and just 5'2 I've decided 2 under go surgery 2 take out fat from my legs thighs buttocks and arms,cos am gettin depressed everyday with slow results and cheats.
Hi ojay! I wish I had the answers but instead I would really like to encourage you to give Stillmans a fair shot before looking into surgery. I completely understand about wanting results right away but I have found this plan to be the quickest of them all. We just have to put our minds to it, do it right, and good things will follow. You can lose up to 20 pounds in two weeks. I beleive it. I lost 14 my first run. I continued to lose and even at 3 pounds a week I was still complaining. Meat can be the answer. keep it lean, and keep it meat. If you start to feel fatigue or nausea, up the fat a little bit, but keep it meat fat. I swear this will work. In fact, I think I keep cheating another day because I know I can get the pounds off quick again!! Big hugs to you. We're here if you need us.

Girls, Im drinking my coffee black! Im shopping for tuna and turkey today. What's your plan gonna be? I will do this!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:23 AM   #102
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Get inspired quick----then pass some on to me!
get ready to catch it!! IM BACK!!!! Love the ticker!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:26 AM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oooh, GT, I can't imagine you in much there.....so drabulous....tho tis winter, so depressing
I checked it out too. Do guys really roll up their skinny jeans like that? Looks a little weird to me.. I remember when Eastlands were big back in the day, and all the preppy kids rolled up their pants. That look was never for me..
Old 01-03-2011, 05:26 AM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
oh, look.... a clothing line for Stilly girls......Hunters & Gatherers
Love it!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:27 AM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
to go with the other 5 pairs!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:37 AM   #106
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
The only shrimp cocktail at the store was frozen, so I made pork chops for dinner instead. I cheated though because I cooked them in 1T of bacon grease :blush:

I think I should start pan frying or baking meats in chicken broth so they don't dry out or stick to the pan.

Thanks to an earlier suggestion, yesterday's dinner was a can of tuna with mustard, and I surprisingly enjoyed it.

aleriaaa, don't beat yourself up about regaining the weight you lost. I regained the 30lbs I lost a couple years ago, and I think it happened for a reason. I lost weight on a vegetarian low calorie diet (Eat To Live) and it was one of the hardest things I ever did. Not being to able to maintain it made me realize it wasn't a lifestyle plan, and it brought me to low carb... which is where I need to be! I know you can get to goal and maintain it. I believe in you!

Thank you Milo!!

My favorite way to cook my meat is on the grill (even in the winter), next would be the slow cooker, next would be just the ground turkey in the pan.

I only bake chicken and turkey if its the whole bird, and then I make stock!

Sometimes I use Pam spray if Im only cooking up one chop, but when Im real strict, I dont. Plus, I usually cook up a ton at once and chomp on it all for a few days.

I can finally say I AM incorporating exercise!!! Did my wall push ups yesterday and hubby surprised me with Dance Central for the Kinect!! I was dancing and jumping around like crazy last night!!! had some really good tracks in the game. Im excited. There is even a workout version that I didnt check out yet. Just performing my own version was workout enough!!!! Gagas Poker face was even on there. How can I say no!?!?! Im so excited!!

This is one of my real strict moments.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:40 AM   #107
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
ya know, Al. . vitamins might be the answer.. . seriously. . I can def. tell when i dont' take them.. take them. .that's an order! We are gonna be the losers of 2011
I'll try it out. Here goes this big green horse pill down the hatch!!!

I never really did give it a fair shot. So lets see what happens!! Thanks!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:43 AM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
yes, they have nice shoes.....O my, what will you wear them with?
everything!

Quote:

good idea on the broth....so sick of dry chicken.

I was walk/jogging two miles every day bit then it got too cold to go out THEN I slipped on the ice and blew out my ankle, so not for now.

Quote:
OOooo . . thanks for the reminder. . I'm gonna blow the dust off my rebounder and try it out. .

Funny thing.. I was just sitting here looking at my family room. . wondering why does that treadmill and weight set look so dusty. . . Could it be. . .

BECAUSE NO ONE USES IT!!! Should I get rid of them? seriously. . I've had them for years and now they have coats hung on them. .will I do it. . will I? maybe that's why I'm still chubby.. the exercise stuff still has dust on it. . what will it take to make me do it? Help..
no clue, except that once you work it into your routine it's easy, it becomes a daily habit.

Quote:
It's TOM for me, so I'm not going to be weighing myself for a couple of days. On the plus side, the longer I wait to weigh myself, the lower the number on the scale will be!

Is anyone else self-conscious when eating this way around other people? I wonder if me eating an entire shrimp cocktail ring for breakfast is going to raise eyebrows...
I think we worry way to much about this, most people don't notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojay View Post
ojay, I can tell you from knowing what others have been through after lipo...
you will NOT be happy with the results. You are thinner where they do the work and fat where they don't. The pain is much worse than they tell you. The recovery time is much longer. A relative had her tummy done and now she has a thinner tum but popeye arms and she looks like a cartoon character. Nothing evens out....unless you do a whole body job and I would imagine that would be 20000 US dollars or more. You would be better off considering gastric surgery if you are that desperate but the criteria to qualify you is strict. These measures are a last resort.
If you don't realize that losing weight and low carb is a lifestyle change and not a diet, that our bodies were never designed to ingest grain, and that you can never go back to what you were eating before then you will repeat the lesson until you learn it.
I'm not trying to bring you down, only telling you what I know to be true.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:45 AM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

So girlies.. I know what I have to do. I need to bust a pen and paper and start recording my food again. Im gonna post it here and hope that you guys do too. If Im not telling you what i ate then that means Im avoiding the topic because I caved. I need to do things old school, and get some results!!!

Im not a breakfast eater...so far coffee..no cream. woohoo!!! It aint all that bad!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:47 AM   #110
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi ojay! I wish I had the answers but instead I would really like to encourage you to give Stillmans a fair shot before looking into surgery. I completely understand about wanting results right away but I have found this plan to be the quickest of them all. We just have to put our minds to it, do it right, and good things will follow. You can lose up to 20 pounds in two weeks. I beleive it. I lost 14 my first run. I continued to lose and even at 3 pounds a week I was still complaining. Meat can be the answer. keep it lean, and keep it meat. If you start to feel fatigue or nausea, up the fat a little bit, but keep it meat fat. I swear this will work. In fact, I think I keep cheating another day because I know I can get the pounds off quick again!! Big hugs to you. We're here if you need us.

Girls, Im drinking my coffee black! Im shopping for tuna and turkey today. What's your plan gonna be? I will do this!!!
Exactly what Al said. Give stillman's a go-it works! It will take way more off than lipo!!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:48 AM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

If you don't realize that losing weight and low carb is a lifestyle change and not a diet, that our bodies were never designed to ingest grain, and that you can never go back to what you were eating before then you will repeat the lesson until you learn it.
[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU CC!!! I needed that! Ive been in carb fog, but Im breaking through. Lead me to the clearing!!! because you are so right!!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:48 AM   #112
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
get ready to catch it!! IM BACK!!!! Love the ticker!!!
Get one!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:50 AM   #113
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Get one!
I couldnt find one with gagas face!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:50 AM   #114
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I checked it out too. Do guys really roll up their skinny jeans like that? Looks a little weird to me.. I remember when Eastlands were big back in the day, and all the preppy kids rolled up their pants. That look was never for me..
Nooooooo! Well actually thinking about it yeah very thin and gay guys working in clothing stores do! It does look good on them!

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 01-03-2011 at 05:52 AM..
Old 01-03-2011, 05:52 AM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Nooooooo!
thank goodness. But Im gonna roll hubbys jeans up tonight to get a good laugh.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:53 AM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

ooops. just saw you changed your mind. Sorry to all the skinny guys out there that are actually in style...
Old 01-03-2011, 05:57 AM   #117
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
to go with the other 5 pairs!
How mean!! Actually I find it really hard to get ballet flats cos my right ankle is really narrow(had an operation on it as a child) so I can only wear ones that are elasticated cos they slip off otherwise!
I used to really wish that the skinny Jean with flats and maternity tops look would go away.....now I've just given in, chunky thighs and all!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:58 AM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
the exercise stuff still has dust on it. . what will it take to make me do it? Help..
do your boys have an xbox? get a kinect!

I cant rememebr if you had the wii fit... stuff like this seems like fun, not a treadmill. and especially weights!! ugh! but i guess we have to start somewhere and hopefully if we keep it up we end up enjoying it and wanting to do it!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:58 AM   #119
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ojay
Stats: 253/231/220
WOE: Atkins/Stillman
Start Date: June 2010
Thank You

[QUOTE=aleriaaa;14225972]Hi ojay! I wish I had the answers but instead I would really like to encourage you to give Stillmans a fair shot before looking into surgery. I completely understand about wanting results right away but I have found this plan to be the quickest of them all. We just have to put our minds to it, do it right, and good things will follow. You can lose up to 20 pounds in two weeks. I beleive it. I lost 14 my first run. I continued to lose and even at 3 pounds a week I was still complaining. Meat can be the answer. keep it lean, and keep it meat. If you start to feel fatigue or nausea, up the fat a little bit, but keep it meat fat. I swear this will work. In fact, I think I keep cheating another day because I know I can get the pounds off quick again!! Big hugs to you. We're here if you need us.

Tanx a Bunch
I do know it works but am scared my body's used to it n its holding on to d fats,people keep looking @ ??? lik ???r a food junkie which is false,I want 2 do dis n maintain LC for life

ojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:59 AM   #120
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I can finally say I AM incorporating exercise!!! Did my wall push ups yesterday and hubby surprised me with Dance Central for the Kinect!! I was dancing and jumping around like crazy last night!!! had some really good tracks in the game. Im excited. There is even a workout version that I didnt check out yet. Just performing my own version was workout enough!!!! Gagas Poker face was even on there. How can I say no!?!?! Im so excited!!

This is one of my real strict moments.
yay and cool!