Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #721
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Yuk, yuk, yuk, I've just esten a can of dry tuna-gosh it was awful! I really hate tuna!
Ok gotta get back to work-and someone brought in fresh hot pizza slices.......they smell so good!
That's what happened to me last Wednesday. Then I stupidly listened (like I didn't know better) to the skinny lady saying "One slice can't hurt." Of course it hurt!! Should have eaten my tuna!!!

Yes, CC, that does mean that carbs are making us insane!! Stupid fat cells taking over our brains! Well, I'm fighting back. Lean beef London Broil strips for lunch and raw cauliflower.

I'm fighting an infection with Doxycycline, and I'm wondering if that's what is making me so insanely hungry for all the foods that have made me a blimp. That, and of course the power-hungry fat cells taking over my brain.

As for the infection, the dermatologist thought it was staph, but the sample they sent to the lab came back "invalid sample". Does that mean the infection is invalid????

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #722
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
That's what happened to me last Wednesday. Then I stupidly listened (like I didn't know better) to the skinny lady saying "One slice can't hurt." Of course it hurt!! Should have eaten my tuna!!!

Yes, CC, that does mean that carbs are making us insane!! Stupid fat cells taking over our brains! Well, I'm fighting back. Lean beef London Broil strips for lunch and raw cauliflower.

I'm fighting an infection with Doxycycline, and I'm wondering if that's what is making me so insanely hungry for all the foods that have made me a blimp. That, and of course the power-hungry fat cells taking over my brain.

As for the infection, the dermatologist thought it was staph, but the sample they sent to the lab came back "invalid sample". Does that mean the infection is invalid????
Ugh, it sounds like the infection is making you insane.

Group, I got da hookup if you ever need any pharmaceutical grade amoxycillin and don't want the hassle of going to the doc for a script, just say the word and I will post the info.

One of the LC recipe sites I posted made me insane for crock pot creamed chicken. I made it, had one and a half servings and then dumped it, saving the chik for soup or whatever. Distractions, distractions.........
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:53 AM   #723
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
I thought it was going to be disgusting too, but it wasn't! My sister (who doesn't low carb at all) even thought it was good! I didn't tell her what was in it though!

This is what I did: put 2 eggs (yolks and all) in a blender, added a tablespoon of vanilla extract (I like a LOT of flavor in my stuff!), and 5 drops of liquid sucralose. I set the machine on high and pressed the 'liquify' button until the egg mix was kinda foamy (about 20-30 seconds).

I then poured in one mug-full of freshly brewed coffee and blended for another 20 seconds.

The result is foamy and not eggy! Quite tasty, actually.
I will take your word for it and give it a go. I'll let you know what I think...thanks.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:29 AM   #724
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oooh I have ankle boots just like that!! (They're everywhere here) Well not just as high, I reckon, but they have a platform! I wear them for everyday and I live in a town with cobbled streets and little hills so high spindly heels-nope! Not wearing anything remotely like them today tho-it's snowing.
My DD has a couple of pairs...they are everywhere...I love heels but I personally do not like them on me when I'm weighty. A 3 inch pair puts me at 6ft 2! Just call me miss Campbell. Thing is when I where them I get a lot of attention from men...mostly big bellied builders who shout from the top of scaffolding.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:22 AM   #725
Major LCF Poster!

I am going to weigh myself tomorrow. I have been putting it off since getting back on Stills as I wanted to be back at my stats weight. I was doing so well but yesterday I went out for dinner and it all went out the window...plus it was happy Hour and I had a few cocktails too many. Straight back on today though. I've no clue what I weigh but my trousers are loose...at least they were before yesterdays overload.

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-27-2011 at 03:24 AM..
Old 01-27-2011, 05:29 AM   #726
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Okay, I'm on day 10. My ketone strips are turning purple and I've exercised everyday so far. My energy levels are way up, my cravings are wayyyy down. I'm done with my period. So why is it that I don't feel like I've lost a gosh darn thing? My clothes are as tight as ever and I don't look any slimmer. I'm not over-eating, and I've been faithful to drinking my gallon of water every day. What's the freakin hold up?

Okay, okay. I realize 10 days is not much, but on Stillmans it kinda is. I'm so impatient! I have a male friend who has to stuff himself silly with all kinds of food just to keep from losing weight at an amazing rate- I am so jealous! Not of the junk food he eats (which won't benefit him in the long run) but of his body's super awesome metabolism. I think mine must run at a snail's pace. And I'm only 22. Blerg!

I will be weighed tomorrow- eek.
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:45 AM   #727
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
My DD has a couple of pairs...they are everywhere...I love heels but I personally do not like them on me when I'm weighty. A 3 inch pair puts me at 6ft 2! Just call me miss Campbell. Thing is when I where them I get a lot of attention from men...mostly big bellied builders who shout from the top of scaffolding.
just remember......men especially, nobody's looking at the muffin top, they're looking at the girls, then your face, then your bum. You have to let yourself be fabulous!

Quote:
Okay, I'm on day 10. My ketone strips are turning purple and I've exercised everyday so far. My energy levels are way up, my cravings are wayyyy down. I'm done with my period. So why is it that I don't feel like I've lost a gosh darn thing? My clothes are as tight as ever and I don't look any slimmer. I'm not over-eating, and I've been faithful to drinking my gallon of water every day. What's the freakin hold up?

Okay, okay. I realize 10 days is not much, but on Stillmans it kinda is. I'm so impatient! I have a male friend who has to stuff himself silly with all kinds of food just to keep from losing weight at an amazing rate- I am so jealous! Not of the junk food he eats (which won't benefit him in the long run) but of his body's super awesome metabolism. I think mine must run at a snail's pace. And I'm only 22. Blerg!

I will be weighed tomorrow- eek.
Blergtranslation, please?

hang in there, girl.........TOM effects take awhile after the fact.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:51 AM   #728
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Just ran across this and was thinking of you guys.. I miss everyone! I need to make time for myself and get back into the LCF Groove. . sorry I've been mia. . I haven't gained/haven't lost so I'm OK with that for now. . BUT DANG IT. . I WANT the last of these pounds to come off already. . I just need a short losing streak and I know it will re-ignite some enthusiasm. . Sick of being in the 160's.. I need more losing power. .

Motivate yourself to keep on sweating with these tricks.

1.Channel that glorious post workout feeling. Whenever you feel the instinct to skip a sweat session, imagine how accomplished and energized you feel after just 30 minutes or an hour of exercise. Just get there already.
2.Make a date with a friend or fitness trainer. If you set a time to meet someone, you'll feel obligated to go, even when your mind and body are telling you otherwise.
3.Create a healthy post workout routine and make time for it too. Reward yourself after a workout by scheduling extra moments to relax in the steam room, blow out your hair to perfection, get a hot coffee, or simply sit and enjoy an apple.
4.Schedule your workout early in the morning before the day's distractions detour you from lofty intentions.
5.Carry a motivational token or photo with you. Beyoncé says she keeps a painting of an Oscar at the gym, so she's literally running toward her next goal. Instead of commissioning a masterpiece, snap a shot of the dress you want to wear on your next date, a beautiful beach you hope to visit this year, or even yourself at your best, and make it the wallpaper on your phone. When you feel like caving, look at it.
6.Instead of going home to watch your favorite show on the couch, suit up and watch it on the treadmill. If your gym doesn't have TVs on each machine load up your iPod or iPhone.
7.Try something new. Sign up for an exercise class you've never taken before, take a hike to a lookout spot, ride your bike to a new trail or work out at a different time.
8.Throw on your favorite workout wear and some lip gloss. Kelly Osbourne admits to dolling up so she feels positive and pretty when she sees her reflection working out.
9.Avoid taking a physical dip by fueling your body with a healthy pre-workout snack. You'll have something to burn and a boost of protein to keep your eye on the prize.
10.Give yourself a gold star. Plot out a reward system and treat yourself when you hit your goal of workouts per week, weight loss, or the finish line.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:55 AM   #729
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My sister in law sent this to me. . There are some good points in it (she is a WW lifetimer so she's always thinking of me!)

Thought for the Day: “Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial.” (1 Corinthians 10:23, see also 6:12)

Reaching my weight loss goal is a precarious place for me. That’s because I find it is a blessing entangled with a curse. The “curse” is the assumption that freedom now means I can return to all those things I’ve given up for the past months. The sacrifices … the missed treats … the deprived taste buds high on salad and low on French fries. I’m tempted to celebrate, live it up, and invite all those foods I’ve missed to a little welcome-home party.

Yet, I can’t fling open the door to all of those missed foods without welcoming back the excess calories, fat grams, cholesterol, sugars, and addictive additives. Most of these guests fall under the category of junk foods. The interesting thing about these guests is that they send out little signals to our brain begging us to party with them again and again. A welcome-home party becomes an invitation to be roommates again, which spells disaster for what we hoped might be a lifestyle change.

A chips-and-chocolate girl like me can find it hard to un-invite certain foods to the party that have been regulars for years. It’s even more difficult to reconcile that they aren’t my friends. Some can be casual acquaintances on a very limited level, but others need to be banished for good. Only you can determine which foods are allowed back, and which are not.

One of my favorite Scriptures in this process is 1 Corinthians 6:12: “Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial.” I quote it over and over reminding myself that I could have that brownie, or that cheese dip, but they wouldn’t benefit me in any way. That powerful thought has helped to make a healthy choice, rather than wallowing in being deprived of an unhealthy choice.

So, lest we start mourning what will be lost, we must celebrate all that’s being gained through this process. “I can” instead of “I can’t” is a powerful little twist for a girl feeling deprived. For example:

“I can” helps me walk into a dinner party and find the conversation more appealing than the buffet.

“I can” helps me stay on the perimeter of the grocery store where the fresher, healthier selections abound and smile that I know this tidbit.

“I can” helps me reach for my water bottle and find satisfaction in its refreshment.

“I can” helps me look at the McDonald’s menu and order a fruit tray without even giving a thought to the Happy Meals that used to be snacks.

“I can” reminds me to look up a restaurant’s nutritional information on the Internet before going out, ensuring wiser choices.

“I can” reminds me that no food will ever taste as sweet as lasting victory!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:55 AM   #730
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. .I'm sneaking on at work so I better get back to it before I get in big time trouble.. . Love to all!
Old 01-27-2011, 05:00 PM   #731
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey, I was reading on the eat fat get thin threads that Barry Groves says too much protein acts like carbs and turns to sugar then fat..........any thoughts? Has anyone tried the EFGT regimen? It just seems, like Atkins, that it can't work without excersize......
Old 01-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #732
Senior LCF Member

^^I don't know if the protein to fat thing is true, but I'm not worried about it. I mean, haven't most of us at one time or another lost a great deal basically following Stillmans? I know I lost most of the weight I had gained in early fall (got down to 117 lbs before I blew it) by eating about 85-90% protein and 10-15% fat.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #733
Senior LCF Member

Gawd, I still feel so heavy! I was looking forward to peaking at the scale tomorrow, but now I almost don't wanna!

Menu today:

Breakfast: Turkey burger and 1 c. steamed broccoli after my morning workout (My "Atkins for Life" book says we don't store fat right away after a workout, so it's a good time to sneak in a few extra freebie carbs...and man, do I need the extra fiber!)

No lunch

Dinner: 1/2 lb hamburger, drained; 1/2 cup sliced beef; "marshmallow" dessert.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #734
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #735
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rebeccadeel
Stats: 267/167/117
WOE: stillmans qwl
hi everyone...been gone a few days. was off the diet for a few days but this week i've been back on it. weighing myself only on sundays now because weighing myself everyday makes me craaaaaazy!!! anyways. was 175 last sunday so i'm shooting for 170 this sunday
rebeccadeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #736
Senior LCF Member

Did not look to see my weight today, but I decided I will weigh myself first thing tomorrow. It's time. I'm so frustrated with not feeling thinner, I want some concrete numbers to work with.

I'm also sick of not going: I broke down and bought a fiber supplement. I will use two heaping teaspoons (12g total carbs with 10 of those being fiber) in the morning after I workout in 1 cup of almond milk (2g carbs with 1 g fiber). That will bring me to 13g carbs total with 11g being fiber post-workout. I will continue to eat a serving of green low-carb veggies at that time too. Hopefully my body will use up those carbs to replace the glycogen (or whatever it's called) that I used during my jog. And, hopefully I will go shortly!

Day 11 menu:
turkey burger, 1 cup broccoli (6g carbs)
2 deviled eggs, sliced ham, sliced turkey (4g carbs)
2 cups almond milk (4g carbs)
--------------------
Total: 14g carbs (4g fiber)----> Net: 10g
Old 01-29-2011, 06:49 AM   #737
Senior LCF Member

As of this morning, I'm 126.6 lbs. That's slightly better than I expected, much better than I feared...and yet I can't help but feel slightly disappointed.

16.6 lbs until I reach my goal weight.

Day 12. Hit the treadmill for my 30 minute jog and ate 2/3 c. of steamed broccoli for breakfast with 10g fiber in my coffee. I'm hoping the extra fiber carbs might give me a little energy boost today- I have to be in my studio for a long while. Monday's deadline looms.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:56 AM   #738
Senior LCF Member

Where are all the peeps at?!
Old 01-29-2011, 07:19 AM   #739
Senior LCF Member

Okay, I made a ticker but the damn system won't let it show up! How did you all get it to work?
Old 01-29-2011, 08:09 AM   #740
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/181/160 5'5"
Hey Everyone!
Just popping in to say I'm still here...still on plan...still in love with meat.

Haven't lost in a while...will be through with TOM tomorrow so I hope to then.

It's a beautiful weekend here...I hope you all are having a great one too!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:56 AM   #741
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Can anyone say SNOW. . .Omg. . we got dumped on last night. . I'm thankful it is the weekend and I had planned to stay home and work . (notice how hard I'm working right now). . Weighed myself this morning. . down 3 . . Not bad considering what I've been up to lately. . Still in the 160's but darn close to getting out! Whoo Whoo. .. I would give anything to be back to my stats but that's life. .

you guys are pretty quiet. . are we losing our motivation? Come on peeps. .Now is not the time to give up! Let's Do it. . let's keep it real and lets eat meat!!!!!
Old 01-29-2011, 03:53 PM   #742
Senior LCF Member

^^I'm still on!

I'm so depressed today but I'm not sure why. I felt pretty crappy yesterday too. I think I need some fun, but unfortunately no one wants to hang out

Food today:
12g carbs in coffee (10g fiber)
4 c. almond milk (8g carbs, 4g fiber) Won't buy this again- I like it too much!
shaved turkey (0g)
shaved ham (0g)
5 deviled eggs (5g carbs?)
meringue (1g)
---------------
Total carbs: 26g Net carbs: 12 g

Wayyyy to high for my ambitious goals
Old 01-29-2011, 03:59 PM   #743
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
As of this morning, I'm 126.6 lbs. That's slightly better than I expected, much better than I feared...and yet I can't help but feel slightly disappointed.

16.6 lbs until I reach my goal weight.

Day 12. Hit the treadmill for my 30 minute jog and ate 2/3 c. of steamed broccoli for breakfast with 10g fiber in my coffee. I'm hoping the extra fiber carbs might give me a little energy boost today- I have to be in my studio for a long while. Monday's deadline looms.
OMG you are so close

maybe some fat for energy? Whatever works, girl, yer workin' it fo sho! (for sure...poor <<S and GT, I feel obliged to translate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccadeel View Post
hi everyone...been gone a few days. was off the diet for a few days but this week i've been back on it. weighing myself only on sundays now because weighing myself everyday makes me craaaaaazy!!! anyways. was 175 last sunday so i'm shooting for 170 this sunday
Go you! Personally I am avoiding the scalebut I did get into those size 8 skinnies from the Limited.....

I have a saying about jeans......'If I'm in 'em, they fit!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
hey girl.....AWOL no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OK. .I'm sneaking on at work so I better get back to it before I get in big time trouble.. . Love to all!
stomp them with your stilettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hey Everyone!
Just popping in to say I'm still here...still on plan...still in love with meat.

Haven't lost in a while...will be through with TOM tomorrow so I hope to then.

It's a beautiful weekend here...I hope you all are having a great one too!

Quote:
Can anyone say SNOW. . .Omg. . we got dumped on last night. . I'm thankful it is the weekend and I had planned to stay home and work . (notice how hard I'm working right now). . Weighed myself this morning. . down 3 . . Not bad considering what I've been up to lately. . Still in the 160's but darn close to getting out! Whoo Whoo. .. I would give anything to be back to my stats but that's life. .

you guys are pretty quiet. . are we losing our motivation? Come on peeps. .Now is not the time to give up! Let's Do it. . let's keep it real and lets eat meat!!!!!
OMG girl, you got hammered again with snow! Send up the lowboy trailer and I will send BF down with our backhoe on it!

we're not quiet, we are losing our members! Did I scare them off? Come back peeps!
Old 01-30-2011, 04:24 AM   #744
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
OMG you are so close

maybe some fat for energy? Whatever works, girl, yer workin' it fo sho! (for sure...poor <<S and GT, I feel obliged to translate)!

Thanks! I would add more fat, but I think that might set me back further now that I've added a fiber supplement. As we all know, the more carbs in a diet, the less fat you can eat (unless you're trying to gain, of course!).

I've been up 15 minutes now and I can tell you today is shaping up to be just as ****** as the last two days. First thing, the scale tells me I gained 1.6 lbs since yesterday. I was like "Wha???!!!" My pee stick turned purple this morning, I didn't eat more than 1200-1300 (low carb) calories yesterday, and I exercised too! How is it my body magically gained?

Eff, man. Just eff. It's day 13; tomorrow is the two week mark. I feel like a ******* blimp. I'm extra frustrated because I had hoped to be down to 120 by Feb. 11th for a party I'm going to. Now I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:31 AM   #745
Senior LCF Member

I would try to eat even less, but I'm worried that I might train my body to rely on too few calories. I mean, it's not like I'm going off low-carb once I reach my goal weight, but I would like to enjoy some cheese or fattier foods now and then, you know? If my new calorie-intake point is super low and I add extra calories in low-carb foods like dairy, I may end up gaining again. No, no, no- even if my weightloss is much slower for it, I will continue eating without counting calories.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:28 AM   #746
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Girlies! Ive been in a mood lately. Sorry Im not around. Im gonna get my act together starting right now!!! Its hard for me to motivate when Im not following my own rules but today is a new day!
Old 01-30-2011, 05:41 AM   #747
Blabbermouth!!!

emky- I want you to succeed and Stillmans QWL can get you there. Although your menus are still low carb, the key factor in the quickest weight loss possible is to eliminate them. Its not easy but once you get into the groove, it works like magic!!

This meat only diet will work, and it will work without exercise. (This does goes against the popular vote, but I gotta say it anyway) I would sit back, relax, eat meat and let your body do its thing. Once you get your energy back and feel like working out, then by all means, do it. Eat meat til your heart (and belly) are content. Then add dairy later on to see what happens. Just my thoughts.

Wanna take on a challenge? Lets go back to black on coffee. I'm in if you're in. Anyone else?

Last edited by aleriaaa; 01-30-2011 at 06:00 AM..
Old 01-30-2011, 06:06 AM   #748
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Can anyone say SNOW. . .Omg. . we got dumped on last night. . I'm thankful it is the weekend and I had planned to stay home and work . (notice how hard I'm working right now). . Weighed myself this morning. . down 3 . .
Great job on the loss IM2!!! We got hit with 5 inches the other day and then another 15 through the night! 20 with the drifts!! Another storm coming up. Could be another foot! Im diesel now with all this shoveling and I actually kinda like it cause we're building tunnels and snow forts with the kids. Im having a blast!!
Old 01-30-2011, 06:07 AM   #749
Blabbermouth!!!

CC- WOOHOO! to size 8 skinnies!!!! Love that cow pic - hilarious!!
Old 01-30-2011, 06:27 AM   #750
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Okay, I made a ticker but the damn system won't let it show up! How did you all get it to work?
they stickyd the instructions in the main lobby. good luck!!