Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #661
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Suck it up----is so American!! Too funny! I used it to my Mum over Christmas when she was saying she didn't think she could do LC cos she ahd to have bread or what she would have for breakie etc. So I went, you just have to suck it up, you think I actually like eating tuna?! That and then I asked her to buy me ground turkey(we call it minced turkey) and then I said when she looked at me weirdly-or whatever ye call it! Then she said, where are you getting those phrases? You watch too much american reality TV!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #662
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

well if I'm looking pretty hot at 5'8" and 171 then you do, too! What are we to do with all those L and XL tops??
Offer them to the nice ladies on that forum we don't like.

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-22-2011 at 09:37 AM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #663
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Offer them to the ladies on that forum we don't like.
Oh too funny!
Old 01-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #664
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Stanford University

I just finished taking an evening class at Stanford. The last lecture was on the mind-body connection - the relationship between stress and disease. The speaker (head of psychiatry at Stanford) said, among other things, that one of the best things that a man could do for his health is to be married to a woman whereas for a woman, one of the best things she could do for her health was to nurture her relationships with her girlfriends. At first everyone laughed, but he was serious.

Women connect with each other differently and provide support systems that help each other to deal with stress and difficult life experiences. Physically this quality “girlfriend time" helps us to create more serotonin - a neurotransmitter that helps combat depression and can create a general feeling of well being. Women share feelings whereas men often form relationships around activities. They rarely sit down with a buddy and talk about how they feel about certain things or how their personal lives are going. Jobs? Yes. Sports? Yes. Cars? Yes. Fishing, hunting, golf?
Yes. But their feelings? Rarely.

Women do it all of the time. We share from our souls with our sisters/mothers, and evidently that is very good for our health. He said that spending time with a friend is just as important to our general health as jogging or working out at a gym.

There's a tendency to think that when we are "exercising" we are doing something good for our bodies, but when we are hanging out with friends, we are wasting our time and should be more productively engaged—not true. In fact, he said that failure to create and maintain quality personal relationships with other humans is as dangerous to our physical health as smoking!

So every time you hang out to schmooze with a gal pal, just pat yourself on the back and congratulate yourself for doing something good for your health! We are indeed very, very lucky. Sooooo let's toast to our friendship with our girlfriends. Evidently it's very good for our health."
Very interesting, makes sense. Cheers!
Old 01-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #665
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Just popping in to say HI!!! It'll probably take me all night and day tomorrow to catch up, but I will!

My mom was in the hospital for a few days (shes ok now!!) but my schedule has been crazy. Thought of you girls everytime I shoveled meat in my mouth!!! There was that one day where I had a glass of wine (just one!) and it knocked me right out!! I know Im probably not losing cause of the all the fat, but I really do feel so much better. Gonna go lean this weekend and then maybe I'll have some courage to get on the scale next week! I want me some results!!!!

Hope all is well. Sending big hugs your way!!

PS- I picked up a copy of "Why we get fat and what to do about it" - by Taubes. Reading it will be my excitement for the weekend. Woohoo!!! Anyone else reading it??

BBL
Hi Al. Sorry your mum has not been well but glad that she is better. I have not heard of that book...let us know how you find it.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #666
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
Going well so far. Haven't weighed myself, but my ketone test strips are turning very pink/purple and my cravings have dropped by 90%. I'm on day 4.

Today I've had:

2 turkey patties
a plate of shaved turkey
1/4 lbs drained ground beef with the remaining fat paper-toweled off
a bowl of gelatin
2 egg-white meringue
6 deviled eggs (Not techinically allowed, but they've never slowed my weight loss in the past!)
I'm gonna get me some sticks...have not used them in ages...It gives me a boost when I see deep purple.

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-22-2011 at 10:08 AM..
Old 01-22-2011, 10:07 AM   #667
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Suck it up----is so American!! Too funny! I used it to my Mum over Christmas when she was saying she didn't think she could do LC cos she ahd to have bread or what she would have for breakie etc. So I went, you just have to suck it up, you think I actually like eating tuna?! That and then I asked her to buy me ground turkey(we call it minced turkey) and then I said when she looked at me weirdly-or whatever ye call it! Then she said, where are you getting those phrases? You watch too much american reality TV!!
Old 01-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #668
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
I'm gonna get me some sticks...have not used them in ages...It gives me a boost when I see deep purple.
I like to use the strips in the morning right before I exercise. It confirms what I already know: that I will be burning fat during my 30 minute session instead of stupid carbs!

So, a friend of mine tagged a photo of me taken from the back yesterday while I was hanging a show I helped jury. Although not terrible, I definitely look like a slightly-chunky girl and much different from what I looked like at 110 lbs. *sigh*

And my shirt had pulled up on one side, which I hate! It looks sloppy, imo. At least it didn't show my face.

Today is day 5. I exercised today, even though I decided I could skip working out on weekends if I wanted. I'm at that point though- I can hardly stand to be this fat another second! I want this damn fat off NOW. At least I will probably notice a difference by the end of next week, and the week after that I will probably stop hating the moment when I struggle to pull on a freshly washed pair of jeans.

Food today so far:
turkey patty
microwaved bowl of flavored meringue

In other news, I feel run down because I finally got my flu shot yesterday evening. I need to do homework, but I feel so ugg!
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #669
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
It blows my mind GT...I know a woman who is a good bit over weight...she asked me how I've lost this weight. After hearing my answer she said something along the lines of, "I'd rather DIE than give up bread."

And I thought, "Really?!?!"

I used to think certain grains had their merit and value...but after reading Why We Get Fat...they don't really seem to do ANYTHING good for my body. To be THAT attached to a FOOD???

Giving up starches, breads, carbs...small price to pay to feel FABULOUS!!!
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #670
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
And I thought, "Really?!?!"
Old 01-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #671
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I used to think certain grains had their merit and value...but after reading Why We Get Fat...they don't really seem to do ANYTHING good for my body.
I agree! I don't think they have any value-fibre maybe(not the white stuff) but then you get that from good veggies.
I don't think it's a case of being attatched to carbs, I think it's a case of being addicted to them.
Also when you've heard so long that LF is the way to go(and that usually always means high carbs) then I think LC, or at least the QWL, which really has no carbs, is a very strange way of eating.
For me personally, I don't actually feel ever good on QWL, I do think I need some carbs, by which I mean veg(Taubes or someone will prob say no-just suck it up!) but honestly if I eat some salad or veggies, and I do that for a few days, the energy I have is unbelievable. I'm nearly always dizzy on QWL.
It's strange!
Old 01-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #672
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
I agree! I don't think they have any value-fibre maybe(not the white stuff) but then you get that from good veggies.
I don't think it's a case of being attatched to carbs, I think it's a case of being addicted to them.
Also when you've heard so long that LF is the way to go(and that usually always means high carbs) then I think LC, or at least the QWL, which really has no carbs, is a very strange way of eating.
For me personally, I don't actually feel ever good on QWL, I do think I need some carbs, by which I mean veg(Taubes or someone will prob say no-just suck it up!) but honestly if I eat some salad or veggies, and I do that for a few days, the energy I have is unbelievable. I'm nearly always dizzy on QWL.
It's strange!
I got a lecture from my chiropractor about how our brains need carbs...I don't discuss my diet with him any more!

When I was doing strict Stillman's I would get a little dizzy and so tired...when I started eating fatty meat...I felt better. I may lose a little slower, but I love meat fat! : )
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #673
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I like to use the strips in the morning right before I exercise. It confirms what I already know: that I will be burning fat during my 30 minute session instead of stupid carbs!

So, a friend of mine tagged a photo of me taken from the back yesterday while I was hanging a show I helped jury. Although not terrible, I definitely look like a slightly-chunky girl and much different from what I looked like at 110 lbs. *sigh*

And my shirt had pulled up on one side, which I hate! It looks sloppy, imo. At least it didn't show my face.

Today is day 5. I exercised today, even though I decided I could skip working out on weekends if I wanted. I'm at that point though- I can hardly stand to be this fat another second! I want this damn fat off NOW. At least I will probably notice a difference by the end of next week, and the week after that I will probably stop hating the moment when I struggle to pull on a freshly washed pair of jeans.

Food today so far:
turkey patty
microwaved bowl of flavored meringue

In other news, I feel run down because I finally got my flu shot yesterday evening. I need to do homework, but I feel so ugg!

I want mine off now too...but we will soon be feeling great. Can I how you make the flavored meringue?
Old 01-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #674
Big Yapper!!!!

Peeps just watched a video on You Tube from the BBC about getting to a 00zero in 5 weeks! It took 2 journalists who did extreme diets and exercise for 5 weeks. One had to give it up cos she couldn't stick it, but the other went from a UK10 to a UK2!!!! It showed her at the end trying on her old jeans and then trying each size down!!!! It was both inspiring and depressing-inspiring cos I think wow you could actually drop that much in so little time, and then depressing cos I think why can't I do that? Seriously, have I been eating so little for so long that my body won't aftually let me lose any more!!
Anyway I'm taking the positive out of it and thinking if she can do it then so can I!!!
With that thought I'm off to Zzzzz!
Old 01-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #675
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh and just to say-I don't actually want to be a 00......but hey I'd take it!!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #676
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Can I how you make the flavored meringue?

It's easy: put two egg whites in a bowl (I toss the yolk), add about 15 drops of liquid sucralose, add a teaspoon or two of any flavoring (I like vanilla the best), and beat on high with a mixer until stiff peaks form (usually a few minutes).

Tip: The meringue will form faster and better if you nuke the whites for 11-12 seconds in the microwave first.

Also, you'll find some extracts will dissolve the meringue so I avoid those. Most mint flavorings do that, as does a cinnamon extract I tried yesterday. Artificial vanilla is the best I've found. Be careful to read the back of extracts, some have HFC as one of the ingredients!
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:28 AM   #677
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Peeps just watched a video on You Tube from the BBC about getting to a 00zero in 5 weeks! It took 2 journalists who did extreme diets and exercise for 5 weeks. One had to give it up cos she couldn't stick it, but the other went from a UK10 to a UK2!!!! It showed her at the end trying on her old jeans and then trying each size down!!!! It was both inspiring and depressing-inspiring cos I think wow you could actually drop that much in so little time, and then depressing cos I think why can't I do that? Seriously, have I been eating so little for so long that my body won't aftually let me lose any more!!
Anyway I'm taking the positive out of it and thinking if she can do it then so can I!!!
I've seen that a couple of times. I think it was called Super Skinny Me. They thought that one of the journalists was developing an eating disorder and made her quit...she was well peed off...bet she wishes she never said anything. The other made it all the way but if my memory serves me right her partner did not like her skinny and she was planning to put the weight, or some weight back on. They end with her getting into a pair of super skiny jeans...I have a pair just like that in my wardrobe...
Old 01-23-2011, 12:34 AM   #678
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It's easy: put two egg whites in a bowl (I toss the yolk), add about 15 drops of liquid sucralose, add a teaspoon or two of any flavoring (I like vanilla the best), and beat on high with a mixer until stiff peaks form (usually a few minutes).

Tip: The meringue will form faster and better if you nuke the whites for 11-12 seconds in the microwave first.

Also, you'll find some extracts will dissolve the meringue so I avoid those. Most mint flavorings do that, as does a cinnamon extract I tried yesterday. Artificial vanilla is the best I've found. Be careful to read the back of extracts, some have HFC as one of the ingredients!
Thanks, I'm going to give it a go. Also I was reading another thread and I came across some posts where you and Milo Juniper talk about a drink called Bee's Egg something or other as an alternative to cream...anyway it mixes coffee and raw egg...can you tell me more about it? Sounds horrid but I am desperate enough to try it. Thanks
Old 01-23-2011, 02:07 AM   #679
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I've seen that a couple of times. I think it was called Super Skinny Me. They thought that one of the journalists was developing an eating disorder and made her quit...she was well peed off...bet she wishes she never said anything. The other made it all the way but if my memory serves me right her partner did not like her skinny and she was planning to put the weight, or some weight back on. They end with her getting into a pair of super skiny jeans...I have a pair just like that in my wardrobe...
That's the one! I thought the one who said she had an ED was lying through her teeth! Yeah the girl who did it to the end ate a big slice of choc cake at the end!! Oh yea and her diet??? Protein shakes!!!!
Oh I have jeans like that from RI-they're actually calles super skinny, and boy are they!----I could barely close them after Xmas----and I'm too scared to try them on again!!! I will in a week or two!!

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 01-23-2011 at 02:14 AM..
Old 01-23-2011, 02:10 AM   #680
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
...anyway it mixes coffee and raw egg...can you tell me more about it? Sounds horrid but I am desperate enough to try it. Thanks
You must be!!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 06:10 AM   #681
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
When I was doing strict Stillman's I would get a little dizzy and so tired...when I started eating fatty meat...I felt better. I may lose a little slower, but I love meat fat! : )
You can say that again!! Couldnt ever bring myself to add more than what the peice of meat came with. I tried 70/30 ground beef without draining, ate too much and the fat made me puke. Too much fat gives me hot flashes and night sweats too. But just the right amount makes me feel like a million bucks!!! No veggie has ever done that for me.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:12 AM   #682
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I was hanging a show I helped jury.
Great job sticking to plan, emky! What does the above mean?? Im stumped.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:14 AM   #683
Blabbermouth!!!

I wish we had more weight/diet shows...mtv has a new one "I Used to be Fat" but I havent caught it yet..
Old 01-23-2011, 06:18 AM   #684
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
It was both inspiring and depressing-inspiring cos I think wow you could actually drop that much in so little time, and then depressing cos I think why can't I do that? Seriously, have I been eating so little for so long that my body won't aftually let me lose any more!!
Sorry its been so hard getting what you want!!!! But I can't tell you enough how perfect you already are!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 06:25 AM   #685
Blabbermouth!!!

Some guy just walked into my job that I havent seen in 8 months.. He said, oh did you change your hair, you did something... you look so different!!! What he meant to say was damn girl you put on some weight! chubba chubba!!

Funny..Im not depressed about it... meat only does make me calm, cool, and collect...
Old 01-23-2011, 06:42 AM   #686
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Some guy just walked into my job that I havent seen in 8 months.. He said, oh did you change your hair, you did something... you look so different!!! What he meant to say was damn girl you put on some weight! chubba chubba!!

Funny..Im not depressed about it... meat only does make me calm, cool, and collect...
oh I nearly spewed my tea!!!! And NO HE DID NOT MEAN THAT, he cldn't possibly.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:45 AM   #687
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm eating a can of tuna-with that weirdy no-cal,no-fat, no-carb mayo. No taste more like! No actually it does taste of something-something yuk! I'm gonna have to train myself to eat dry tuna.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:47 AM   #688
Big Yapper!!!!

My vile mayo is dirt cheap too-hmmm I wonder why!!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:10 AM   #689
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I wish we had more weight/diet shows...mtv has a new one "I Used to be Fat" but I havent caught it yet..
You can watch ours on RTE.ie/player and then go to operation transformation---if you're that desperate!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:26 AM   #690
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm eating a can of tuna-with that weirdy no-cal,no-fat, no-carb mayo. No taste more like! No actually it does taste of something-something yuk! I'm gonna have to train myself to eat dry tuna.
I have tried that mayo. yuk! yuk! yuk!