Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 05:39 AM   #631
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Becky, please do try to see the dentist. Tooth problems never get better with age.

Ugh, I recently had a round of needing fillings repaired....it's not fun. I am firmly convinced that my three year round of vegetarianism led to it. The bright side is there is evidence that meat eaters, after changing from a 'traditional' diet saw gingivitis dissappear.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2011, 06:18 AM   #632
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps! Did Claire's DVD and Tracey's before work! It seriously doesn't get any easier! I reccommend it tho-ye should get it. You def will know you've worked out after it!
Having chicken for lunch-it's really dry cos I think I cooked it too long in Georgie yesterday.
Think I'm back completely on QWL!! Yay!! With the same enthusiasm I had at the beginning! Have no cravings at all! BBL
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #633
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ha! I was! But we do have the QWL book. Al had it then gave it to Sharon to copy it and she emailed to us. The book is funny too-he calls us 'overweights'-how rude! If you want it you can PM me your email adress.
Thanks GT...sending you a PM.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #634
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh and just to whinge more about Dukan-he says your body has a weight that it likes-not an overweight weight or anything-and it's pointless trying to go below that cos it will take too much work to maintain it. There's a test on his website you can take-and guess what mine was-133. Aaaagh! But he kind of was scarily correct cos my body does love that number!!
This is good news for me because when I was younger and used to diet (I was not at all fat) I would always return to 133lb which is ok seeings as I am 5ft 11 (although I was measured a short while back and told I was 5ft 9). Want to take that test.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:31 AM   #635
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
GT, MMS-tell the truth, do London gals really use Rimmel products?
I'm a London girl with the London look but I don't use Rimmel.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:35 AM   #636
Major LCF Poster!

Not that there is anything wrong with Rimmel
Old 01-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #637
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi peeps! Did Claire's DVD and Tracey's before work! It seriously doesn't get any easier! I reccommend it tho-ye should get it. You def will know you've worked out after it!
Having chicken for lunch-it's really dry cos I think I cooked it too long in Georgie yesterday.
Think I'm back completely on QWL!! Yay!! With the same enthusiasm I had at the beginning! Have no cravings at all! BBL
Wow you really are working it. How long did you do all together?
Old 01-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #638
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
This is good news for me because when I was younger and used to diet (I was not at all fat) I would always return to 133lb which is ok seeings as I am 5ft 11 (although I was measured a short while back and told I was 5ft 9). Want to take that test.
Oooh you were skinny! I'm only 5'6.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #639
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Not that there is anything wrong with Rimmel
I love their nail polishes!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #640
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Wow you really are working it. How long did you do all together?
Claire's is 80mins amd Tracey is about 30-i don't do the warm up part or cool down tho! Or her standing abs one eitheer cos no1, I think it's crap and no2, at that hour of the morning it's too early to see her getting off on it
Old 01-21-2011, 11:36 AM   #641
Big Yapper!!!!

Did Callanetics and The Bar Method when I came home-now I'm havin salmon-Mmmm it beats tuna!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #642
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Actually I have used there nail polish.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #643
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Claire's is 80mins amd Tracey is about 30-i don't do the warm up part or cool down tho! Or her standing abs one eitheer cos no1, I think it's crap and no2, at that hour of the morning it's too early to see her getting off on it
Slow down with all this exercise, you are putting me to shame!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #644
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oooh go you! WTG on pure Still's!

Quote:
I'm a London girl with the London look but I don't use Rimmel.
I'll bet you are you gorgeous gal....all model tall and lean!
I love watching Princess Kate for her style.

Quote:
me too!

Quote:
OMG that's two hours of workout, how on earth do you do it?
Old 01-21-2011, 01:18 PM   #645
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Oooh go you! WTG on pure Still's!

OMG that's two hours of workout, how on earth do you do it?
More cos I did 1hr an 45 mins when I came home!
I just wana fit into size 2 jeans baaaaaaadly!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #646
Big Yapper!!!!

Menu today was 2HB eggs, a (tough) chicken breast and a can of salmon. Water consumption was not good!
Old 01-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #647
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
More cos I did 1hr an 45 mins when I came home!
I just wana fit into size 2 jeans baaaaaaadly!!!
Phew! You've got your own boot camp going on there!

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-21-2011 at 02:23 PM..
Old 01-21-2011, 02:23 PM   #648
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks CC. Tall, yes...lean? I'm not so sure. Soon though.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:07 PM   #649
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Phew! You've got your own boot camp going on there!

Quote:
Thanks CC. Tall, yes...lean? I'm not so sure. Soon though.
well if I'm looking pretty hot at 5'8" and 171 then you do, too! What are we to do with all those L and XL tops??
Old 01-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #650
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stanford University

I just finished taking an evening class at Stanford. The last lecture was on the mind-body connection - the relationship between stress and disease. The speaker (head of psychiatry at Stanford) said, among other things, that one of the best things that a man could do for his health is to be married to a woman whereas for a woman, one of the best things she could do for her health was to nurture her relationships with her girlfriends. At first everyone laughed, but he was serious.

Women connect with each other differently and provide support systems that help each other to deal with stress and difficult life experiences. Physically this quality “girlfriend time" helps us to create more serotonin - a neurotransmitter that helps combat depression and can create a general feeling of well being. Women share feelings whereas men often form relationships around activities. They rarely sit down with a buddy and talk about how they feel about certain things or how their personal lives are going. Jobs? Yes. Sports? Yes. Cars? Yes. Fishing, hunting, golf?
Yes. But their feelings? Rarely.

Women do it all of the time. We share from our souls with our sisters/mothers, and evidently that is very good for our health. He said that spending time with a friend is just as important to our general health as jogging or working out at a gym.

There's a tendency to think that when we are "exercising" we are doing something good for our bodies, but when we are hanging out with friends, we are wasting our time and should be more productively engaged—not true. In fact, he said that failure to create and maintain quality personal relationships with other humans is as dangerous to our physical health as smoking!

So every time you hang out to schmooze with a gal pal, just pat yourself on the back and congratulate yourself for doing something good for your health! We are indeed very, very lucky. Sooooo let's toast to our friendship with our girlfriends. Evidently it's very good for our health."
Old 01-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #651
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Just popping in to say HI!!! It'll probably take me all night and day tomorrow to catch up, but I will!

My mom was in the hospital for a few days (shes ok now!!) but my schedule has been crazy. Thought of you girls everytime I shoveled meat in my mouth!!! There was that one day where I had a glass of wine (just one!) and it knocked me right out!! I know Im probably not losing cause of the all the fat, but I really do feel so much better. Gonna go lean this weekend and then maybe I'll have some courage to get on the scale next week! I want me some results!!!!

Hope all is well. Sending big hugs your way!!

PS- I picked up a copy of "Why we get fat and what to do about it" - by Taubes. Reading it will be my excitement for the weekend. Woohoo!!! Anyone else reading it??

BBL
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #652
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rebeccadeel
Stats: 267/167/117
WOE: stillmans qwl
ugggggh woke up at 174 today which is great and ended up eating chinese for lunch didn't eat that much though so i'm trying to decided if i should skip dinner or eat strictly protein for dinner. i just don't know lol. i may just go for a 3 mile jog and call it good. signed up this morning for a 5k race that is march 5th...it will be my first!
rebeccadeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:47 PM   #653
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Going well so far. Haven't weighed myself, but my ketone test strips are turning very pink/purple and my cravings have dropped by 90%. I'm on day 4.

Today I've had:

2 turkey patties
a plate of shaved turkey
1/4 lbs drained ground beef with the remaining fat paper-toweled off
a bowl of gelatin
2 egg-white meringue
6 deviled eggs (Not techinically allowed, but they've never slowed my weight loss in the past!)
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #654
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/166/160 5'5"
CC, I enjoyed reading about the lecture you attended...very interesting indeed! It rings true with my spirit!

AL, I am about to start reading chapter 10...I started WWGFAWWCDAI yesterday. I'm fascinated!! I also like reading the customer reviews at Amazon because a lot of the do a good job of breaking it down into even simpler words...for folks like me! ha

Al, I'm glad your mom is ok...that's the type of situation that can really throw a loop in one's eating plan. Kudos to you for not straying!!

he does seem to have plenty of research to back up his words. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that "overeating doesn't make us fat...we overeat because we are fat..."

Hey everyone! I found my new favorite restaurant tonight! I ordered the Waffle House 8oz ribeye with eggs...9.55...it was mighty good! Much cheaper than the steakhouse prices...It's been decades since I was in a Waffle House ... it felt like stepping back in time! I will definitely be going there again!

I ate too much cheese the past few days. When I get really bad munchies, I fall for the cheese...now I'm....constipated...ugh...when will I learn!?!?

I went to the dentist and although she said my crown pain is unrelated to the fact that one of my fillings on the other side of my mouth was too high...she lowered that filling and my crown pain seems to be gone! I think the two were related, but regardless, I'm thankful my mouth isn't throbbing like it was last night!

Ah....tomorrow is Saturday...sleep in...enjoy!!

Last edited by becky123abc; 01-21-2011 at 07:47 PM..
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #655
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Milo- The chicken and dijon sounds yummy! and It'll be on my list!!! Thanks so much for sharing the pics! You are quite the cutie!! Love your short bangs- wish I could pull it off!! I so understand switching from Stillmans but that doesnt mean you have to go anywhere!! I've really enjoyed your input here and need to keep up the scoop with your band!! Whatever you choose, I wish you well!

Christine- 10 pounds in 9 days is awesome!! Thats Stills for ya!! Keep it up!!!

makeme- You are really rockin the boards lately. Im so glad you are here to stay!! Your sweet and sour chicken and lasanga sound amazing! drool! Thanks for reminding us that stills doesnt have to be boring!! OH- and boot camp for 15 hours sounds unbearable!!! you are the woman for making it through

emky- of course we remember yo!!! I totally need to see the numbers move down on the scale too!! Loose clothes just dont cut it, but I will happily accept it!!! Great job lugging around that jug! Maybe I'll get one and do some arm lifts inbetween swigs!

Becky- So glad your tooth trouble is over and it didnt cost a lot!! I shouldve known you picked up Taubes book!! You are my meat eating hero!

GT- WTG on the exercise!!! Now I have to up my game!! You make me feel so lazy (and makeme too) Great job sticking to plan!!! Nothings gonna stop you now!!!

IM2- Glad to see you poppin in!! I miss our daily rambles and meat talks.

rebecca- Welcome to Stillmans!! As for calories, eat as much lean meat as your heart desires. I dont count!! Isnt that a relief! Looking forward to hearing more about you!!

sensible- I would take GTs advice on exercise. The girl knows her stuff and looks amazing!!!

warmfuzzy- Welcome aboard!!! So glad you joined us. I never did ******* but I lost 60 in 5 months too! A few others have gotten the same results from Stills even with adding fat on occasion.

CC- The part about Stillmans not catching on because he doesnt show evidience...Thats the part I love. He tells me Im a fatty and to just get down and do something about it! Suck it up and eat meat. He can be sooo mean, cant he.. Loved all the jokes and especially the walmartians. I visit the site often and my jaw dropps everytime!!!

I sure hope I didnt leave anyone out! Thats what I hate about not showing up here for a week!!!

Love yas!!

Last edited by aleriaaa; 01-22-2011 at 09:27 AM..
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #656
Big Yapper!!!!

Alieeeeeee! Glad you're back! I really hope your Mom is ok.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #657
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccadeel View Post
. signed up this morning for a 5k race that is march 5th...it will be my first!
Old 01-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #658
Big Yapper!!!!

I read the reviews of Why we get fat on Amazon-sounds true to me! The insulin definitely! I still can't my head around butter and co. not clogging the arteries tho! Maybe some day I will!
Old 01-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #659
Big Yapper!!!!

Your post took up a whole page, Al!
Old 01-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #660
Big Yapper!!!!