Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Thanks! It should never have been that high in the first place.Though I think I'm prob a bit higher than 125 now after my couch-lounging at Xmas-been too scared to weigh! Will on the 1st Feb!
Well you know what they say..."its not where you start, its where you finish".
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #512
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
I made up a yummy new recipe! Canned chicken + dijon mustard + 1 drop of EZ-Sweetz = sweet dijon chicken.

This morning my weight was down to 147.2lbs. I've still got my eyes on 145lbs. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll be 145lbs on Friday's weigh-in. So until then, lean meat, lean meat, lean meat! And maybe a workout session or 2...
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Okay, I bought some gelatin and a few safe (ie no corn syrup, sugar, etc) flavorings for when I have dessert cravings.

I think I'm going to get on the scale tomorrow. It scares the sh*# out of me, but I do want to know how much I can lose in two weeks time. And, I think I'm one of those people who needs to see numbers even though I like to believe that my clothes getting looser is proof enough. Like, I can see an 8+ lbs weight loss in clothes, but not an overnight 2 lbs loss. That's where the scale becomes a motivation tool. And unfortunately knowing just how bad my weight really is can scare me into staying on plan.

Hmm..what says the rest of ye'?
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #514
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Hey Everyone!
I'm hanging in there...had a busy, busy but wonderful weekend. Didn't eat off plan but may have had too much coffee. My scale says 150...instead of that sweet 149! If it still says that tomorrow...i will change stats...sigh.

I'm still addicted to ribeye...the more fat the better.

IM I hope things are going better for you...you are due some mountain top time!!

Love you all!!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #515
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi Emky! Welcome back!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #516
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
I'm making tea!
Always good! Drinking some now!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #517
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Awww thanks!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #518
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
I made up a yummy new recipe! Canned chicken + dijon mustard + 1 drop of EZ-Sweetz = sweet dijon chicken.

This morning my weight was down to 147.2lbs. I've still got my eyes on 145lbs. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll be 145lbs on Friday's weigh-in. So until then, lean meat, lean meat, lean meat! And maybe a workout session or 2...
Oooh I like your pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #519
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Becky!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #520
Big Yapper!!!!

Make me, I did Claire's DVD!
Boy was I sweating! I felt really good after it tho! And she's not annoying! Did not like all those knee lifts!! Actually tho I was quite pleased because I don't think I'm as unfit as I thought I was! (biking is easy so I wasn't sure!) I did the high-impact version the whole time and I haven't done high-impact for years so that's good! Oh yeah and I have more upper body strength than I thought! I hate my (kind of) muscely arms but I have some strength so I must be doing something good!
The thing that really surprised me tho was the ab section. OMG-they were so unbelievably tough, I could barely do any! And I always thought I had good abs! (my waist is my best body part!) obviously not!!!!
Gonna do it again tomorrow! It's actually quite addictive!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 01-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #521
Big Yapper!!!!

Menu today was 2HB eggs and 2 cans of tuna! Oh and I drank lots of water!....for the first time in ages!
Old 01-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #522
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Update on the sweet and sour chicken...it was actually quite good. I'm not jumping up and down about it but then I have never been a one for sweet and sour in the past...I think it was the novelty of cooking with a can of fizzy pop that made me want to try it.

About nine last night I was feeling a little peckish, so I went to the fridge to attack the cold leftovers and I actually preferred it this way than hot. The noodles really took in the flavour...in fact I have to say they were the most successful Shirataki noodles I've cooked.
Today I am cooking the Lasagna...I browned extra lean steak mince with onion powder, dried chopped garlic and celery salt...I know this is going to be good girls, because I just had a small bowl of the mince and it was divine...It's a first for me using celery salt. I am going to use just over half cottage cheese and add some low fat mozzarella (I have always used a little low fat cheese doing Stills and it has never stalled me so...). The mozzarella is 1.6 carbs per 100g and 176 calories, I plan to use 50g. I will be making the sauce soon, I will keep you updated.
O girl please post pr tell us where you are getting the recipes!

Quote:
Ok it's 1.8 carbs for 100g of Courgette (Zucchini). What to do?
LOL I thought that was eggplant..........translator please
and what is peckish?????????? ignorant yank here

Quote:
Ok guys the lasagna is amazing!!! I was a little disappointed at first because the layers were not obvious but boy does it taste good. It went crunchy at the top, which I liked and tasted really cheesy not eggy at all. I have enough for four large servings...wonder if it would freeze ok?
Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
I'm back! (If anyone even remembers me heh)

Okay, so I had a horrible 3 month period of going wacko off Stillmans and low carb altogether. I kept trying to get back on the plan, but would fall off time and time again.

I don't even want to know how much I've gained, but I think it's in the 15-20 lbs ballpark.

But I woke up the other day and KNEW that today (the 18th) would be the day I took control back. I want this fat GONE and I want it off me as soon as humanly possible.

Water and lean meat, here I come! I was going to allow myself half n' half for my morning coffee, but I read that thread about the woman who wants to lose for her wedding. Someone said to cut out all dairy for the quickest results. *Sigh* I love my doctored-up coffee but I will banish the cream!

Also, I have decided that I will jog for 30 minutes at least 5 times a week until I am back to 110 (where I was in summer). I won't weigh myself for a couple weeks though- I'm that afraid of the scale.

Wish me luck!
Gosh girl, too many slink away and hide.......always welcome here. And like I say to the newbies.....no fair loving and leaving us....stay! And always good luck!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hey Everyone!
I'm hanging in there...had a busy, busy but wonderful weekend. Didn't eat off plan but may have had too much coffee. My scale says 150...instead of that sweet 149! If it still says that tomorrow...i will change stats...sigh.

I'm still addicted to ribeye...the more fat the better.

IM I hope things are going better for you...you are due some mountain top time!!

Love you all!!
hey, if I can be cool with stuck at 171 and a 30 lb. loss it's all good...

Quote:
Menu today was 2HB eggs and 2 cans of tuna! Oh and I drank lots of water!....for the first time in ages!
O good you! i made about 24z CL....2 eggs, 4 turkey sausage, one chik breast.
And then I broke down and had a small carrot and some veggie dip madew with veg soup mix and Chobani greek yogurt

we've had about 12 inches of snow today. In between work I have shoveled the back stairs and fron walk about four times, brushed the snow from the trux three times, and Bubba stayed in to run the plow truck up top at the barn and the driveway in front.

After all that it is still coming down and the stairs and trucks have three inches on them with no end in sight.
Can you say back pain? Yep, and vodka tonics, too

Hope you are all warm, dry and loved I am pretty beat so this may be it for me tonight.
Poor Al she got hammered with snow then change over to ice then rain...but think of all the torture...er, excersize we're getting

Hugs and chicken soup!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:23 PM   #523
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rebeccadeel
Stats: 267/167/117
WOE: stillmans qwl
Hi everyone...I'm new here and on day 2 of Stillman's!
rebeccadeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:44 AM   #524
Big Yapper!!!!

Peckish=hungry! (a little bit hungry!)
Old 01-19-2011, 01:45 AM   #525
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccadeel View Post
Hi Rebecca! Welcome!
Old 01-19-2011, 05:26 AM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
you will love it! Lurking long?

Quote:
Peckish=hungry! (a little bit hungry!)
(bell dins) O I get it, like a chicken wanting to peck at some food!

and it's still snowing here!
Old 01-19-2011, 05:34 AM   #527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Recall Notification Report
Tue, 18 Jan 2011 18:42:41 -0600

United Food Group, LLC, a Vernon, Calif., establishment, is recalling approximately 7,875 pounds of ready-to-eat Angus Beef patties that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes (Lm).

McNeil Consumer Healthcare Initiates Voluntary Recall Of Certain Over-The-Counter (OTC) Products
Fri, 14 Jan 2011 18:34:00 -0600

In consultation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc. is voluntarily recalling, at the wholesale level, certain lots of TYLENOL® 8 Hour, TYLENOL® Arthritis Pain, and TYLENOL® upper respiratory products, and certain lots of BENADRYL®, SUDAFED PE®, and SINUTAB® products distributed in the United States, the Caribbean, and Brazil. These products were manufactured at the McNeil plant in Fort Washington, PA prior to April 2010, when production at the facility was suspended.

MS Fish Corp Issues Alert On Listeria In
Fri, 14 Jan 2011 15:37:00 -0600

MS FISH CORP 808 ALABAMA AVE, BROOKLYN, NY 11207 is recalling Ossie’s Schmaltz Herring due to Listeria monocytogenes contamination. Listeria monocytogenes is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail, or elderly people and others with weakened immune systems.

Barry Callebaut USA LLC Issues Allergen Alert on Undeclared Milk Protein in Kroger Value Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
Sat, 15 Jan 2011 19:29:00 -0600

Barry Callebaut USA LLC is conducting a voluntary recall on its product sold by Kroger Stores under the brand "Kroger Value Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips”, 12 oz., UPC Code is 11110–86603 as the product may contain undeclared milk protein. All “Best By” dates ending in 2012 are affected by this voluntary recall.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:36 AM   #528
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
I've ha a bought with the munchies... Last night I ate 3 slices of cheese.

After church Sunday we went to Wendy's and I had a triple cheeseburger (bunless) with bacon. I wonder if that made me gain the pound. It's back off now...

Do you all lose ok eating the occasional fast food burger? I have to find some alternatives to expensive steaks!

Now I want to get in the lower 140's!!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:01 AM   #529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Becky today's lunch is cube steak mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and pretty cheap. I would suggest turkey burgers but turkey 97/3 is as expensive as 90% lean ground beef. Less calories tho.

breakfast was two bowls if chicken soupI couldn't wait for lunch!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:42 AM   #530
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Ladies, I'm sad to report that I need to take a Stillman's break for awhile. The weight wasn't coming off as fast as I'd like, and I missed regular bowel movements and vegetables too much to keep going! So I'm off to do a strict Induction, and then re-evaluate what's best for me. If I do strict Induction for 2 weeks, and I'm not losing as much as I did on Stillman's, I'll be back here, eating spoonfuls of ground turkey and sharing gelatin recipes.

Stillman's was a great experience though. It's funny how when I stripped away everything to eat except for lean meat, what I ended up craving the most were fats and vegetables! Today's lunch is a tuna salad made with relish & lots of mayo, with a cup of spinach on top, and all drizzled with olive oil and vinegar. 2 cups of sliced jicama on the side. For the first time in awhile, I'm excited to eat lunch!

Best of luck on your journeys, ladies. I wish us all health, happiness, and weight loss.
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #531
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I've ha a bought with the munchies... Last night I ate 3 slices of cheese.

After church Sunday we went to Wendy's and I had a triple cheeseburger (bunless) with bacon. I wonder if that made me gain the pound. It's back off now...

Do you all lose ok eating the occasional fast food burger? I have to find some alternatives to expensive steaks!

Now I want to get in the lower 140's!!
Ooh that cheeseburger sounds good! I don't eat the fast food, i stay away,-not because I'm so good but I'd be afraid I would eat the bun! Or worse order chicken McNuggets! Aaaahhh the good old days!! I do miss McNuggs-my waist doesn't tho! Ha!
I do gain if i eat ground beef tho it usually goes back down after a day or 2, so you should be fine!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #532
Big Yapper!!!!

Or McFlurrys!! Ok gotta stop drooling! At Easter they always have a Cadbury Creme egg one! Mmmmmmm!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:11 AM   #533
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Make me, I did Claire's DVD!
Boy was I sweating! I felt really good after it tho! And she's not annoying! Did not like all those knee lifts!! Actually tho I was quite pleased because I don't think I'm as unfit as I thought I was! (biking is easy so I wasn't sure!) I did the high-impact version the whole time and I haven't done high-impact for years so that's good! Oh yeah and I have more upper body strength than I thought! I hate my (kind of) muscely arms but I have some strength so I must be doing something good!
The thing that really surprised me tho was the ab section. OMG-they were so unbelievably tough, I could barely do any! And I always thought I had good abs! (my waist is my best body part!) obviously not!!!!
Gonna do it again tomorrow! It's actually quite addictive!
Well done GT. I on the other hand did not:blush:, but I did do it with DD today. It was so funny because I kept going the wrong way, bakwards istead of forward and left when it should be right but I just figured "hey as long as I am moving". I only did 45 mins though...I could have gone on but daughter only does 45 so I stopped with her. Did you do it again today! Also, I am thinking of getting Sophie's new DVD, not sure what its called but its dance for beginners...do you know it?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #534
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Milo! Stick around here anyway! What I would say with QWL is that even if you feel you're not losing lbs as quick as you like, you def are losing inches, again maybe not in the places you'd like....! With induction I would be careful, it seems really easy to go way over on the calories(i've never done Atkins, so maybe I'm wrong)
To make QWL easier I would go with adding either fat or some LC veggies. Most people go with the fat-i go with the salad when I really can't stick it any longer. I seem to crave it more than the fattier meats etc.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #535
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Well done GT. I on the other hand did not:blush:, but I did do it with DD today. It was so funny because I kept going the wrong way, bakwards istead of forward and left when it should be right but I just figured "hey as long as I am moving". I only did 45 mins though...I could have gone on but daughter only does 45 so I stopped with her. Did you do it again today! Also, I am thinking of getting Sophie's new DVD, not sure what its called but its dance for beginners...do you know it?
Hey Makeme!! I've just done it again! I'm sitting here on my way to the shower-the sweating-yuk! I think it was actually harder this time round-the ab stuff still kills me and today those knee lifts!! And this morning I was like an old woman getting out of bed! So it must be working!
Which bit does she leave out? And who's Sophie?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:27 AM   #536
Major LCF Poster!

CC, I got the recipes from the recipe section here in the Stilly section. I know courgette is an odd name to you guys, I have got a few laughs when I have mentioned it on sites in the past... I suppose zucchini sounds better, certainly much cooler and peckish just means a little hungry, lol...do you really not use that term there?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:29 AM   #537
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Rebecca, welcome...how are ya finding it?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #538
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Becky today's lunch is cube steak mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and pretty cheap. I would suggest turkey burgers but turkey 97/3 is as expensive as 90% lean ground beef. Less calories tho.

breakfast was two bowls if chicken soupI couldn't wait for lunch!
Not so bad...I had lasagna for breakfast.:blush:
Old 01-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #539
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ladies, I'm sad to report that I need to take a Stillman's break for awhile. The weight wasn't coming off as fast as I'd like, and I missed regular bowel movements and vegetables too much to keep going! So I'm off to do a strict Induction, and then re-evaluate what's best for me. If I do strict Induction for 2 weeks, and I'm not losing as much as I did on Stillman's, I'll be back here, eating spoonfuls of ground turkey and sharing gelatin recipes.

Stillman's was a great experience though. It's funny how when I stripped away everything to eat except for lean meat, what I ended up craving the most were fats and vegetables! Today's lunch is a tuna salad made with relish & lots of mayo, with a cup of spinach on top, and all drizzled with olive oil and vinegar. 2 cups of sliced jicama on the side. For the first time in awhile, I'm excited to eat lunch!

Best of luck on your journeys, ladies. I wish us all health, happiness, and weight loss.
maybe you just need a break, but whatever works for you, keep going!

Quote:
Hi Milo! Stick around here anyway! What I would say with QWL is that even if you feel you're not losing lbs as quick as you like, you def are losing inches, again maybe not in the places you'd like....! With induction I would be careful, it seems really easy to go way over on the calories(i've never done Atkins, so maybe I'm wrong)
To make QWL easier I would go with adding either fat or some LC veggies. Most people go with the fat-i go with the salad when I really can't stick it any longer. I seem to crave it more than the fattier meats etc.
you are sooooooooo right GT, people think Atkins is a no holds barred on fats and the like but, as I mentioned before, Atkins says excersize is non negotiable......you HAVE to if you want to eat like that and lose.

Quote:
CC, I got the recipes from the recipe section here in the Stilly section. I know courgette is an odd name to you guys, I have got a few laughs when I have mentioned it on sites in the past... I suppose zucchini sounds better, certainly much cooler and peckish just means a little hungry, lol...do you really not use that term there?
nah, the foods I know cuz I love (well, used to ) cook but I've never heard peckish before.........maybe cuz we don't get a little hungry over here, we just say 'I'm STARVING!' nothing little about most Americans just google Walmartians in a google image search..........be prepared to be horrified
Old 01-19-2011, 09:37 AM   #540
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Sounds yummy. Good luck and stick around to let us know how you are doing.