Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 05:02 PM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Do try to make it two weeks. You wont believe your eyes when you look at the scale!!!!! (I still feel its more torturous switching back and forth )
Tonight wraps up my vacation in Induction land. For dinner I went to the Vietnamese soup place and ordered the lean beef with no noodles. "No noodles? Really?" the cashier asked when I placed my order, haha. Then I took it home and made some tofu shirataki noodles and put them in the soup instead. It was SO GOOD and tasted just like regular pho soup. I can't wait to include them as a staple in my diet after I lose all this weight.

This week I'll be eating clean Stillman's. I've got tuna packets in all of the bags that I use, chicken and fish in the freezer, and tomorrow I shop for turkey burgers, ground turkey, and more cans of tuna.

I've been wondering how long it will take before someone else notices my weight loss, and today was the first day that I noticed it. I can't wait to watch my body change even more.

Oh, and the picture was supposed to be this Wednesday, but I keep putting it off because I don't want to be "overweight" in the photo, and the longer I can postpone it, the skinnier I'll be for it My excuse to the boys is that I want to take the photo after my haircut, which is in 2 weeks. We'll have to take before February 19th though, because that's our first show!

I have a question about photos on this board. Can you only see someone's photos is they're your friend? I haven't been able to see any of the photos that people on this thread have been talking about. I'll upload my before picture if I can figure out a way to keep it private to my friends only, or to Low Carb Friends discussion board members only.
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2011, 02:57 AM   #482
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Ok, got the diet orange going to have sweet and sour for lunch...
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:45 AM   #483
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Milo, yeah you can only see photos from friends or contacts if peple have uploaded theirs albums for "private" only and put you on their friends or contacts list.(i'm not really sure what the difference is!). You can also have them for everyone to see-but that means anyone can look at them!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:53 AM   #484
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Good Morning, everyone. .just a quick fly by. . day off but I got lots to do and I seem to get to always blow all my time playing on my computer so I promised myself. quick check on FB, LCF and then I gotta get stuff done. . I've spent several days sorting and tossing and donating toys! My kids don't play with them anymore and 3 toyboxes is 3 too many. . Feels good to declutter. . I can't control the money thing right now so I'm working on what I do have control over. . my diet and my mess!!

Coffee in hand. . gonna plan my eats today and gonna stay on track! I love that I have 3 pages of stuff to catch up on. .

hugs to everyone!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:03 AM   #485
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Im2!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #486
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I have some shiritaki noodles(0 carb), in the fridge...just been looking at the recipe section and I never got around to trying the sweet and sour chicken so I am going to give it a go and add the noodles. Need to get the diet orange so it might have to wait until tomorrow as I am not up for going supermarket shopping today...wonder if they have any in my Tesco local? Will let you know how it turns out. Decided I will have steak for lunch instead of chicken as it's nearing its sell by date...I really want to make my food more appealing so I will be making a BBQ style sauce for them which I found in the recipe thread and tomorrow I will be trying the lasagna. This does not have to be a bland diet does it...I think I will do much better with some added flavour.
MMS your recioes sound divine.........post often!

Quote:
CC- You crack me up! What cool names for the kitties and thanks for giving me the heads up on the allergy meds.

and the pic should read.... CC's Fashionista Barbie!!!
I knew you would......Oliver was Olive Oyl until he sprouted exra junk in the trunk

I used to stick to the Halloween Barbies but this one was a steal and I can have her on my dresser year round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I never tried Shiritaki noodles-never even seen them! Are they nice?
acquired taste...more Aisian than Italian texture....and make sure you rinse the hell outta them otherwise they are slimy and fishy tasting

Quote:
Oh yeah and my water consumption has been nill.
Quote:
maybe I will too. wine, wine and more wine!
LOL you two crack me up

well, here we are bracing for yet another snow storm tonight through tomorrow with the added fun of ice and sleet mix.....it's a balmy 12F out now.
Then the temps will soar into the 30s and crash back down to the teens for the weekend....ugh why o why did I agree to move here
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #487
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Milo, yeah you can only see photos from friends or contacts if peple have uploaded theirs albums for "private" only and put you on their friends or contacts list.(i'm not really sure what the difference is!). You can also have them for everyone to see-but that means anyone can look at them!
Thanks, GT! I uploaded a "before" picture, and now I'm waiting for it to be approved. I didn't see any privacy settings, so I'm nervous that everyone will be able to see it once its been approved. If I can fix the settings, I'd like to make all my photos private, except to share them with my Stillman's friends.

Today I've eaten 2 turkey burgers, and had 2 cups of coffee with sugarfree syrup. My order from netrition came today, and I got a small container of EZ-Sweetz for when I get coffee out, a bottle of cookie dough sugarfree syrup for when I make coffee at home, and a box of Chocoperfection bars, which I'm saving as a reward for a couple months down the line when I'm at goal weight and on Atkins. I've also considered buying this beautiful summer dress that's on sale at Urban Outfitters right now as a future reward as well.

Time for me to get back to studying at the library. Then grocery shopping, then dinner will be a couple of white fish fillets. Have a good day, everyone!
Old 01-17-2011, 12:43 PM   #488
Big Yapper!!!!

When you upload your album make sure you tick "private album"!
Old 01-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #489
Big Yapper!!!!

Menu today was 3 chicken breasts!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:13 PM   #490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT good menu. Today I had so far
HB egg
12 oz T bone
1/2 c cootage cheese
Old 01-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #491
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Hang in there, IM2! This time of year is naturally depressing. The holidays are over, the days are short and sunless (for those of us who work) and the economy still stinks. I'm fighting off S.A.D myself so I know it's hard to stay on track when you are feeling down!

I just HAD to have some fats, so I did Atkins for the weekend after losing almost 10 pounds in 9 days. Now I'm up an almost 4 lb backwards whoosh. (Should we call it a Shooow?)

1/2 egg for breakfast and a salmon pouch for lunch, and added a little exercise for lunch too. I'm so dadgum HUNGRY!!!! Overcooked the stupid eggs, forgot my lunch, and didn't bring enough water to work. I'm making tea!
Old 01-17-2011, 02:51 PM   #492
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Colorado Firm Recalls Ground Beef Products Due To Mislabeling and Possible Adulteration
Fri, 14 Jan 2011 21:20:00 -0600

Colorado Meat Packers, a Denver, Colo., establishment, is recalling approximately 2,234 pounds of beef trim that was improperly labeled and potentially adulterated.

New Jersey Firm Recalls Ground Beef Products Due to Possible Adulteration
Mon, 10 Jan 2011 19:40:31 -0600

One Great Burger, an Elizabeth, NJ, establishment, is recalling approximately 226,400 pounds of ground beef products that may have become spoiled.

"Popular sleep medicine puts older adults at risk for falls, cognitive
impairment" (Eurekalert [American Association for the Advancement of
Science], Jan. 13, 2011).
Popular sleep medicine puts older adults at risk for falls, cognitive impairment
Old 01-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #493
Senior LCF Member

My "before" picture is up in my gallery. Now, can someone please tell me where I can edit it to make it private to friends only or to LCF members only???????

Today I stayed completely on plan. My only downfall was too much ketchup on my ground turkey. (Didn't get around to making fish fillets. On days I eat tuna, I usually don't want to eat more fish.) I made the green tea gelatin, but reversed the order of cold water first, then hot water, so it never set...so I just drank it, haha. I made another batch this time, following the directions in the right order.

Ground turkey and turkey burgers have become my new favorite food. I used to really love tuna, but after this Stillman's experiment, I'm starting to like it less. Shrimp and chicken are still great. When I was grocery shopping earlier, I saw a bag of frozen calamari rings that I considered purchasing until I saw they contain 3g carbs per serving. So, I'll save those for Induction.

Is anyone taking any supplements aside from a multi-vitamin? I just bought some cod liver oil gelcaps and magnesium gelcaps. I'm taking cod liver oil because I read it helps with depression (This winter is giving me the blues! I'll deal with the amount of extra fat I'm consuming if it means I'm less grumpy during the cold months) and magnesium because it helps relax muscles and ease joint pain (and as I mentioned before, I have a connective tissue disorder that gives me mild arthritic symptoms).
Old 01-17-2011, 09:06 PM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Nevermind, I was confusing the Faces of LCF section with the albums section. I made an album of before pictures that are public (because they're only public to registered LCF message board members, right?). Hopefully in a couple of months I'll be making an After album as a follow-up
Old 01-18-2011, 03:05 AM   #495
Major LCF Poster!

Update on the sweet and sour chicken...it was actually quite good. I'm not jumping up and down about it but then I have never been a one for sweet and sour in the past...I think it was the novelty of cooking with a can of fizzy pop that made me want to try it. About nine last night I was feeling a little peckish, so I went to the fridge to attack the cold leftovers and I actually preferred it this way than hot. The noodles really took in the flavour...in fact I have to say they were the most successful Shirataki noodles I've cooked. Today I am cooking the Lasagna...I browned extra lean steak mince with onion powder, dried chopped garlic and celery salt...I know this is going to be good girls, because I just had a small bowl of the mince and it was divine...It's a first for me using celery salt. I am going to use just over half cottage cheese and add some low fat mozzarella (I have always used a little low fat cheese doing Stills and it has never stalled me so...). The mozzarella is 1.6 carbs per 100g and 176 calories, I plan to use 50g. I will be making the sauce soon, I will keep you updated.

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-18-2011 at 03:27 AM..
Old 01-18-2011, 03:16 AM   #496
Major LCF Poster!

I have a small courgette here and I am thinking of shaving some and using it in one of the layers...I have heard it is quite good as mock pasta when cooked like this...not Stillman's though...I'm going to see how many carbs it has and decide from there.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:23 AM   #497
Major LCF Poster!

Ok it's 1.8 carbs for 100g of Courgette (Zucchini). What to do?

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-18-2011 at 03:26 AM..
Old 01-18-2011, 04:17 AM   #498
Major LCF Poster!

Right, I peeled and shaved 50g of courgette (less than 1 carb) and added it to the first layer. I also added two Basil leaves and a little fresh thyme to the sauce mixture. Oh and I used three eggs as I cooked up a large batch of mince. I kept picking at the mince and now I am full:blush:, so lunch might end up dinner. Anyway, it is in the oven...

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-18-2011 at 04:29 AM..
Old 01-18-2011, 04:31 AM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

Smells good!
Old 01-18-2011, 04:56 AM   #500
Major LCF Poster!

Ok guys the lasagna is amazing!!! I was a little disappointed at first because the layers were not obvious but boy does it taste good. It went crunchy at the top, which I liked and tasted really cheesy not eggy at all. I have enough for four large servings...wonder if it would freeze ok?
Old 01-18-2011, 05:01 AM   #501
Major LCF Poster!

GT, my daughter lost 3lb which is great considering she only does the first 45 mins of the video and consumes between 1600 and 2000 calories of whatever takes her fancy a day. I am going to do it with her this evening.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:02 AM   #502
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Ok it's 1.8 carbs for 100g of Courgette (Zucchini). What to do?
Have it!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:03 AM   #503
Big Yapper!!!!

Love mozeralla and courgettes! Drooling! Eating tuna-puke!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:10 AM   #504
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
GT, my daughter lost 3lb which is great considering she only does the first 45 mins of the video and consumes between 1600 and 2000 calories of whatever takes her fancy a day. I am going to do it with her this evening.
Wow that's really good! Is she the extremely pretty girl that you showed us a pic of once? She def doesn't have anything to lose so that's relly good!
I was gonna do the vid this morning but then chickened out and did bike and Tracey Anderson! Might do it later tho after work!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:02 AM   #505
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Wow that's really good! Is she the extremely pretty girl that you showed us a pic of once? She def doesn't have anything to lose so that's relly good!
I was gonna do the vid this morning but then chickened out and did bike and Tracey Anderson! Might do it later tho after work!
Yes I think I did put her pic up here once. She wants to lose 14 to 18 pounds. She is so driven at the moment and has not missed a day, so I am doing it with her today for some inspiration...maybe her good ways will rub off on me.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:32 AM   #506
Major LCF Poster!

Gosh Gt your ticker is so impressive...127 lb...wow! Well done!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:57 AM   #507
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yes I think I did put her pic up here once. She wants to lose 14 to 18 pounds. She is so driven at the moment and has not missed a day, so I am doing it with her today for some inspiration...maybe her good ways will rub off on me.
Yeah I'm gonna do it tonight!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:01 AM   #508
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Gosh Gt your ticker is so impressive...127 lb...wow! Well done!
Thanks! It should never have been that high in the first place.Though I think I'm prob a bit higher than 125 now after my couch-lounging at Xmas-been too scared to weigh! Will on the 1st Feb!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #509
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
I'm back! (If anyone even remembers me heh)

Okay, so I had a horrible 3 month period of going wacko off Stillmans and low carb altogether. I kept trying to get back on the plan, but would fall off time and time again.

I don't even want to know how much I've gained, but I think it's in the 15-20 lbs ballpark.

But I woke up the other day and KNEW that today (the 18th) would be the day I took control back. I want this fat GONE and I want it off me as soon as humanly possible.

Water and lean meat, here I come! I was going to allow myself half n' half for my morning coffee, but I read that thread about the woman who wants to lose for her wedding. Someone said to cut out all dairy for the quickest results. *Sigh* I love my doctored-up coffee but I will banish the cream!

Also, I have decided that I will jog for 30 minutes at least 5 times a week until I am back to 110 (where I was in summer). I won't weigh myself for a couple weeks though- I'm that afraid of the scale.

Wish me luck!
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:54 AM   #510
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
I'm back! (If anyone even remembers me heh)

Okay, so I had a horrible 3 month period of going wacko off Stillmans and low carb altogether. I kept trying to get back on the plan, but would fall off time and time again.

I don't even want to know how much I've gained, but I think it's in the 15-20 lbs ballpark.

But I woke up the other day and KNEW that today (the 18th) would be the day I took control back. I want this fat GONE and I want it off me as soon as humanly possible.

Water and lean meat, here I come! I was going to allow myself half n' half for my morning coffee, but I read that thread about the woman who wants to lose for her wedding. Someone said to cut out all dairy for the quickest results. *Sigh* I love my doctored-up coffee but I will banish the cream!

Also, I have decided that I will jog for 30 minutes at least 5 times a week until I am back to 110 (where I was in summer). I won't weigh myself for a couple weeks though- I'm that afraid of the scale.

Wish me luck!
Hi Emky. Welcome back to Stillman's. I won't wish you luck because you won't need it...you will do this!