Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 05:37 AM   #301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
LOL I told you guys I was an amazon! Great great great grandparents were from Austtria and Russia.......and on Moms side Scottish!

BTW that was 2005, I'm a bit lighter now...........and the ride is Dad's old Ducati. He traded it for a Yami Vstar.

Last edited by CCGirl; 01-12-2011 at 05:42 AM..
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2011, 05:40 AM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT I know where you're coming from with the chopping........when you start discovering collar and hip bones you don't have to hide anymore!

We are expecting 12" of snow for the duration of the current Noreaster....it took me half an hour to dig out the back stairs and the mailbox.........can you say back pain? Is it too early to start drinkin'? (8:40AM here)
Old 01-12-2011, 06:17 AM   #303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

poor Al, they are getting hammered with snow at her place........check in when you can sweetie!
Old 01-12-2011, 07:12 AM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy SAHM
Stats: 5'5" 224/188/140 ish
WOE: Atkins 72'
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Good Morning!

Sitting here drinking a cup of tea, looking out the window and watching the snow falling..and falling..and falling. We're in for quite a storm today. It's going to be a fun playday at home I think. We'll finally get to open some more of those Christmas games and toys that we haven't played with yet.

CC....how much snow have you gotten so far?

Well, I'm down two pounds today. As long as the scale is moving downward, I'm okay, but, I would like it to come off a little more quickly. I didn't see much movement for a few days. I'm in Ketosis, my sticks were the darkest purple they'd ever been, so maybe a whoosh is on the way? For those of you who say you see a pound a day come off..or 20 lbs in a few weeks...could you please tell me what you are eating????

I bought some more precooked, frozen chicken breasts last night and they are a great go-to when you need a quick fix. I eat them for breakfast. I can cook one up and take it with me to eat on the way to dropping the kids off at preschool. I'm not really a "foodie", nor am I a real sweet eater, so that's why I think LC works well for me. I can eat plenty of meat, poultry, fish (and some veggies) which are my foods of choice anyway, and feel satisfied.

Becky, I'm with you on the Ribeye steak! It's really a succulent dinner! I topped mine with real crab chunks the other night and it was delicious. I bought a three pack of them at the grocery store yesterday and they will be dinner a few nights this week. Have you tried chuck steak? It's really good too (and cheaper).

Oh, and by the way... another long haired girl here too!! I've always had long hair...down to waist all through school. Now, it's still long, but not that long.
I love my long hair. It'll be a sad day when I get it cut. My husband loves it too.

How do I see everyone's hair pictures? LOL And how do I add one of my own?

Okay...off to play some games with my kids!

Stay warm...and enjoy your days.

Colleen
Happy SAHM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:59 AM   #305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sahm we have about ten inches so far.

Click on the name of the person you want to see and click on their public profile. When you get redirected to that page click on albums. If they have pictures posted you will see them.

To upload, go to your user control panel and follow the directions.

BTW you never mentioned where you are or near in NY. I'm near Lake George.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #306
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Colleen, when I was losing like that(ah the good days, it's more like a pound a month now!) I ate 2HB eggs, a tin of tuna and a chicken breast-sometimes 2 if I was hungry. Watch if you stix are purple-as far as I've read it doesn'nt mean you're losing faster or anything-it actually means you're dehydrated. You should up your water intake, especially if you're headachey!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Was so bummed out about the imitation crab meat that I decided to postpone my band photo until next week. (it also snowed a lot last night & I told my bandmates that I didn't want to wear my nice outfit out in the snow. And, next week I'll weigh less )

After the imitation crab fiasco, I ate a can of tuna with mustard. But then I also ate a half block of tofu and an entire package of Jell-O. :blush: Even though I'm on Stillman's, I'm still eating out of stress, which I need to work on. I finished up all the jell-o in the cupboard, and I'm down to my last half block of tofu, so once I finish that up, I'm not going to replace it. I'm also thinking of kicking the diet iced teas because of the aspartame. In addition to carrying around tuna packets, I'm also going to start carrying around bottles of flavored liquid stevia so I'm not tempted to drink diet iced teas or sodas.

So far it's been an on-plan day that I'm proud of. One cup of coffee with DaVinci's, and 4 cooked chicken breasts with no seasonings. I thought I wouldn't be able to eat chicken plain, but it was no big deal. I'm even thinking about eating my next can of tuna plain. I read in one Stillman's forum that the plainer you eat, the quicker your weight loss. And I DO want to lose this quickly and get it over with so I can start eating like a normal low carb person, heh heh.

I'm going to stay on Stillman's until I get to 120lbs, and then I'm going on Atkins to help me get down to 110. After eating the Stillman's way, Atkins Induction sounds luxorious! I look forward to eating juicy burgers, crispy oven fried chicken, and my most favorite breakfast: Bee's Egg Drink (2-3 eggs, 1T coconut oil, 1T butter, hot water, cinnamon, & stevia).

But until then: chicken, eggs, tuna, tilapia, scallops, turkey burgers, 1 cup of coffee w. DaVinci's per day, tea, stevia, and WATER WATER WATER!
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #308
Senior LCF Member

I found this great quote by Sugarfree Sheila and plan to use it when my motivation wanes. (She said this about Atkins, but I'm substituting it with Stillman's)

The fact that you know upfront that Stillman's works, yet you are not willing to stick with the plan long enough to let it work, means that you are simply not ready yet - because when you are, nothing can stop you. Period. When it gets right down to brass tacks, the only person who can motivate you is you. [COLOR=#ff0033] Let the rewards you reap be the motivation you seek.[/COLOR]

Stillman's works...gotta give it the chance to work!

How is every one doing? I'm saving my weigh-in day for Friday, hoping to see that 145!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Thank you IM! I'd love to see your pic! I'm sure you are a beauty...you surely are one here! : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
becky (and all you other long haired hotties!) . I would love, love, love your hair. Why is it that I have much shorter hair and have to wash it every single day! If I don't. .I itch like crazy plus it sticks out every which way and it is oily . ugg! I can't go anywhere (and don't think I have) without washing, curling, drying. . egg. .I've attempted to wash and throw on a ball cap. . Blahhhhhhh. . . I'm a slave to my hair, I tell you . a slave!! Today I had to drag out the hot rollers cuz I have no body (well. .I have lots of "body" just none in my hair! heheh)

Seriously, your hair is gorgeous. . Do not do anything to it. I was in Junior High when mine was down to my waiste and decided to go short. . Its never grown out since! Every single time I go to get it "trimmed" . . she wants to cut more off. . Mine is all layered which can be difficult to maintain if you are trying to grow it out. needless to say, I am on a bad roller coast. .cut, color, grow. .grow. .trim. .cut . .color. . whine. .groan. carry on. . Perm. . primp, cut color. . wash rinse and repeat. . only to start all over again!!!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Becky your hair is gorgeous! And I love your dimples! I want dimples! Congrats on the loss and not being "overweight" anymore! Doesn't it feel good! So anything you want to lose now is purely for cosmetic reasons!
Oh thank you GT!! learning to maintain will be something totally new to me...I've never lost down to where I wanted to maintain!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

SAHM, I will have to try some chuck steak...buying ribeyes is hurting a little...but it is surely cheaper than eating out if I can find them on sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy SAHM View Post
Good Morning!

Becky, I'm with you on the Ribeye steak! It's really a succulent dinner! I topped mine with real crab chunks the other night and it was delicious. I bought a three pack of them at the grocery store yesterday and they will be dinner a few nights this week. Have you tried chuck steak? It's really good too (and cheaper).

Oh, and by the way... another long haired girl here too!! I've always had long hair...down to waist all through school. Now, it's still long, but not that long.
I love my long hair. It'll be a sad day when I get it cut. My husband loves it too.

How do I see everyone's hair pictures? LOL And how do I add one of my own?

Okay...off to play some games with my kids!

Stay warm...and enjoy your days.

Colleen
Old 01-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #312
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Oh thank you GT!! learning to maintain will be something totally new to me...I've never lost down to where I wanted to maintain!
Maintaining sucks!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 08:15 PM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
I may not make the 20 lbs in two weeks, but I'm pretty sure I can make it before mid February. 6.4 lbs down already in a week!

Today I had broccoli at Logan's with a steak that was supposed to have bleu cheese on it, but it looked like butter so I scraped it off and gave it to DH. I hope it doesn't do too much damage. :blush:

The good news is that I'm exercising a little bit each day! Not enough to burn a lot of calories, but being handicapped, doing 10 or 20 minutes is a big deal! And my knees don't hurt too much.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:57 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

CC: I actually did respond to your first request about where I lived.. maybe you missed it..I live off Exit 10 of the Northway. We are actually house hunting now and ideally, I'd love to live in Saratoga Springs. My husband is a physician at Alb Med, however, so that's a bit of commute for him if he's on call. H can't be more than 40 mins. Exit 14 is as far as we can go. My oldest will start Kindergarten next year, so we're looking for a good school district and a great place to raise our family.

Wow..I just cleaned my fridge and freezer out..I didn't realize how much meat I had in there! I will be taking a piece of meat out every evening so I can eat it the next night for dinner. That'll work! So far today, I've had a chicken breast with a drop of Frank's hot sauce, a bottle of water, and a cup of decaf green tea.

Have a great day everyone..I'm being beckoned to play Uno Moo!

Colleen
Old 01-13-2011, 09:17 AM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone

I tried to post some pictures (profile and album) and while it looked like it worked..they aren't here. Do they need to get approved by a moderator first or something?

Thanks,
Colleen
Old 01-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

I see you Colleen!! Girl you are beautiful! Talk about some pretty hair! You don't look a day over 20...are you sure you are 40?!?

And what a beautiful family you have too!

I love connecting faces with my friends on here!

Quote:
Hi Everyone

I tried to post some pictures (profile and album) and while it looked like it worked..they aren't here. Do they need to get approved by a moderator first or something?

Thanks,
Colleen

Last edited by becky123abc; 01-13-2011 at 11:01 AM..
Old 01-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Becky,

Thanks for the nice compliments. I'm not sure why I can't see my profile picture or get into my gallery though.. lol I think we are close to the same age Becky..I'm 41...aren't you around there too?

You have done great with your weight loss! You look fantastic in your photos. You actually look tiny in the most recent ones! I agree with whomever it was that said..anything you want to lose now is for vanity reasons..I think you look great right where you are! Be proud!

Most of those pictures were taken right around my 40th birthday, except of course the pregnancy one and the one in the hospital. That's the BIG version of me! All those little faces around me though...well worth those extra 50 lbs I gained!

I can't wait to get back into those size 8 and 10 dresses again! They hang in my closet..jus calling my name! LOL

Have a great day,
Colleen
Old 01-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #318
Major LCF Poster!

Make sure you are going to the right place to see your pics...right above your smiley face avatar, there is your "Happy SAHM"....click on that...then click on "Public Profile"...that should take you to your albums.

It's confusing because a little below your avatar is your name with a "gallery" link...but that's where you would put pics you want everyone to see. (I guess that's the difference between the two photo spots...it's a little confusing.

I am 43...I love being in my 40's...losing the weight has even made it more wonderful! : )

Quote:
Becky,

Thanks for the nice compliments. I'm not sure why I can't see my profile picture or get into my gallery though.. lol I think we are close to the same age Becky..I'm 41...aren't you around there too?

You have done great with your weight loss! You look fantastic in your photos. You actually look tiny in the most recent ones! I agree with whomever it was that said..anything you want to lose now is for vanity reasons..I think you look great right where you are! Be proud!

Most of those pictures were taken right around my 40th birthday, except of course the pregnancy one and the one in the hospital. That's the BIG version of me! All those little faces around me though...well worth those extra 50 lbs I gained!

I can't wait to get back into those size 8 and 10 dresses again! They hang in my closet..jus calling my name! LOL

Have a great day,
Colleen
Old 01-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #319
Senior LCF Member

I figured it out Becky, but thanks for the note!

What's for dinner tonight, Everyone?

Steak and a side salad on the menu here!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
CC: I actually did respond to your first request about where I lived.. maybe you missed it..I live off Exit 10 of the Northway. We are actually house hunting now and ideally, I'd love to live in Saratoga Springs. My husband is a physician at Alb Med, however, so that's a bit of commute for him if he's on call. H can't be more than 40 mins. Exit 14 is as far as we can go. My oldest will start Kindergarten next year, so we're looking for a good school district and a great place to raise our family.

Wow..I just cleaned my fridge and freezer out..I didn't realize how much meat I had in there! I will be taking a piece of meat out every evening so I can eat it the next night for dinner. That'll work! So far today, I've had a chicken breast with a drop of Frank's hot sauce, a bottle of water, and a cup of decaf green tea.

Have a great day everyone..I'm being beckoned to play Uno Moo!

Colleen
O I did miss it. LOL a CP girl! Saratoga taxes should be much lower! And the south side is the nicer side of Toga, I think so anyway. Has he considered Saratoga Hospital?
There's a running joke up here in the north country........if you want to die go to Glens Falls hospital, if you want to live go to Saratoga.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O happy you are stunning! Pics are gorgeous.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all, I;m doing chromium....we'll see what happens.

Miraculously I have managed to take my vitamins all week......
Old 01-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh, and check THIS out....Sugar Free Sheila move over, these recipes are FREE!

Low Carbohydrate Recipes, A Practical Guide to Weightloss Success

and she's a member of LCF too~
Old 01-13-2011, 05:29 PM   #324
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm out in the LCF forest hunting humor..............and I found mostly inspiration instead.

I've been on a diet for two weeks and all I've lost is 14 days.
-Totie Fields (1930 - 1978)

"Footprints in the sands of time were not made by sitting down."

"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness but of power. They are messengers of overwhelming grief and of unspeakable love." - Washington Irving

I always do the best I can and I intend to do so until the end. I may walk slowly, but I never walk backwards. -A. Lincoln

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it ~ Chinese Proverb

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*
It's not a race to get thin; it's a journey to good health.
The Divine Low Carb

common table salt contains explosives
Nutrasweet turns into formaldehyde inside your body

There are plenty of substances that are harmless as molecular compounds and dangerous in their individual parts. For example, salt is sodium chloride. Well, sodium alone is an explosive. Chlorine alone is a deadly gas. Combined, these two deadly things are benign - that's basic chemistry.

One of my pet peeves is when people (not you, I mean like this dude on the kid's show you saw) use basic chemistry and logical fallicies to scare people. It's like the whole "Splenda is one molecule away from plastic" thing. So what? A lot of things are one molecule away from being something else. If a person supports eating helathy, natural foods, that's fine, and feel free to evangelize, but I do get tired of seeing blogs and website "herbalists" going on and on about how aspartame will devour your soul when it's one of the most studied food additives on earth. I just have a hard time believing that the FDA is out to supress stevia and poison me in the process.

"God never promised a day without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for tears and light for the way."

"Long-term planning is not about making long-term decisions.
It is about understanding the future consequences of today’s decisions."
GARY RYAN BLAIR

~Slow and steady wins the race~

"I want a cleaning superpower..."

(I can give you Mom's number but she is pricey......Chablis and Ralph Lauren)

Through faith all things are possible...not necessarily easy. Motivation is what get you started...habit is what keeps you going.

Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sharon, where are you honey? This one's for you...

you've gone where I will someday follow, But for now you are out of sight, Your years with me were just time borrowed, Before you returned to Heaven's light.
One day I'll see your pawprints glowing,Sparkling in the morning dew,Guiding me at my time of going, Leading me sunwards, back to you.
from a poem by S.L. Smith

A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. ~ Robert Hughe

The best revenge is looking fabulous!!
THE ONLY ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR MY FAT ASS IS ME!
NOBODY EVER TIED ME DOWN AND MADE ME EAT!

now THAT'S friggin' hilarious........

Stats: almost at birth weight

Being fat is easy, being a fat person is hard, Losing weight is hard, Maintaining weight loss is hard. Choose your hard.
~ Origin unknown~

The glory of life is overcoming obstacles and succeeding. ~Tony Robles~

The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable. ~James A. Garfield~

Bear in mind that you should conduct yourself in life as at a feast. -Epictetus

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people.
-Orson Welles

O man I gotta stop........for now.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #325
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A newspaper is like a woman............if you have to share it, be sure you go first.

William Shatner on 'S&%T My Dad Says
Old 01-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
CC !!! Food Porn!!! Thank you, I bookmarked the page.

I am SOOOOOO relieved I can't express it. Stillman's 7 days, 7 lbs gone. I was worried that the mysterious weight gain was somehow connected with my new job. This fall I was eating the same but weight loss reversed. I'm going to go for the full 14 day qwl if I can hold out that long, although I'm tweaking it a little with a few very low carb vegetables.

In the past exercise didn't really make all that big a difference in weight loss. I have been pretty steady since after Christmas with the Gazelle, so maybe that helps. I will hold my breath once I rotate back to Atkins and hope the pounds don't come looking for me in a backwards whoosh....again.
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:03 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Not my best day, but not terrible either. Tuna & a little mustard for breakfast, 4 hardboiled eggs for lunch, 2 turkey burgers with ketchup & mustard for dinner. Then I went to the grocery store to stock up and in the dairy aisle, got a hankering for cottage cheese. Usually I avoid dairy because it makes me break out, but after doing a little research, I think it might just be milk and cream, but not cheese...we'll see. Anyway, I picked up a tub of fat free cottage cheese and passed by the FAGE section. Remembering that you can have fat free greek yogurt on a protein-sparing modified fast (which is a lot like Stillman's), I picked up a 17 oz tub of that as well. And when I got home, I ate all the yogurt and all the cottage cheese! :blush: It was so much dairy (and so much food) for a girl who hasn't had dairy in many weeks that I got a tummy ache for awhile.

It seems like I keep alternating perfect on-plan days with less than perfect (but still LC) days. Even with the dairy, my ****** totals aren't terrible: 1,500 cals, 38.5 grams of carbs. Regardless of being perfect of not, I'm still going to try to stay as close to clean Stillman's as possible.

As an experiment, I made some plain gelatin flavored with tea and stevia...not bad! And while Dr. Stillman says only 1-2 servings of jell-o a day, I don't know why he would disapprove of my version. Plus, gelatin is good for arthritis, and I have a connective tissue disorder that gives me arthritic-like symptoms...so I want to see if this addition to my diet will help.

I don't know if it's because we're in the middle of winter, or because my diet now lacks fat, but my skin is SO DRY. Is anyone else experiencing this? I may not be eating coconut oil these days, but I'm still slathering it all over myself to combat this dryness!

What's everyone been eating lately? I think tomorrow's breakfast will be heated canned chicken broth & some tea-gelatin....diced cooked chicken for lunch...and white fish for dinner.

Two weeks down! Let's get to the end of January together, closer to our goals!
Old 01-14-2011, 04:45 AM   #328
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it ~ Chinese Proverb

The best revenge is looking fabulous!!

Being fat is easy, being a fat person is hard, Losing weight is hard, Maintaining weight loss is hard. Choose your hard.
~ Origin unknown~

The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable. ~James A. Garfield~

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people.
-Orson Welles
love these!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 07:55 AM   #329
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi Everybody!!!

CC- Love Love Love the pics!!!!

Well guys, Im back on plan (youve heard that before though) I packed myself a bunch of tuna to keep at work and cooked up some chuck roast that'll last me a few days. Going for higher fat and then I'll taper off and end up back at ground turkey and chicken breast.

My pants are tight and another week without Stillmans will have me pulling stuff out of the basement and I cant have that!!!

Sorry I havent been around, but you know I always come back!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:59 AM   #330
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I didn't even know two of you had sent me friend requests!
Yeah we're friends!!! Love love love your pics too!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote