Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
CCGirl; You look BEAUTIFUL! I love your hair on you! Do not cut any more... I agree with your significant other! It actually makes you look young and vibrant... you have drop dead gorgeous hair and can definitely get by with that long thick mane... which does make you look great! Let the temptation to cut leave!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Okay gotta leave for church, but here is a note to the 145ers... stay with it! It you do, I will too! Well, I will anyway, but ya know, gotta support each other right?

To all others... you are on a rolllll !! Stay with it, you will enjoy those great compliments and even perhaps some green eyed girlfriends... but you will enjoy your new body!

At 145 I will post a picture.... drum roll...
Old 01-09-2011, 05:55 PM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Thanks so much for all of the support!!!

Study time at the library is over, heading home to my turkey burgers with mustard. What have ya'll been eating lately?

My mini-goals so far are 145lbs by Wednesday, and to be in the 130's by February.

I'll know I'm making progress when I'm able to button the sleeves on some of my shirts. There are a couple of short sleeved shirts in my closet that button on the fattest part of my arm, which I have to unbutton and then wear a cardigan on top so no one sees my chubby arms spilling out, haha.

I'm so glad I decided to eat Stillman's in the winter, because no one will be able to notice my weight while I'm wearing sweaters, parkas, and lots of layers. And then by the spring, I'll be able to buy a whole new wardrobe of cute clothes! I'm really excited at the possibility of wearing a sundress with bare legs!
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/180/160 5'5"
Ooooooh CC, you are gorgeous!!! I enjoyed your pics!

Our hair is very similiar in color and length...Mine is pulled back in a low ponytail a lot.

Last edited by becky123abc; 01-09-2011 at 07:44 PM..
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Milo: You will be sooo happy this spring!

So besides Becky, me and CCGirl, anyone else have long hair? There is a long hair board somewhere around the internet. I looked at it during the summer... CCGirl, was it you that told us about it? It was interesting. They kept talking about oil pulling, and I still don't know what that is!

I am longing for some new clothes too. I am going to go through my closets this week, and clean out my clothes and donate them. Most of them are so threadbare though... I never allowed myself new clothes until I lost weight... so I have had them for years! It will take awhile to collect a new wardrobe, but so be it! I am 5'9 so it is difficult to find new clothes, very long arms and legs... I can't order from the tall cataloge because those are too big, so I am just inbetween.

Thanks for letting me rant. I am trying to stay away from food... and drink my water.

Sleep tight everyone... take care...
Old 01-10-2011, 05:04 AM   #276
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
[QUOTE=CCGirl;

nothing feels as good as single digit clothing sizes.......not even chocolate

.[/QUOTE]

Soooo true! Congrats Becky! You must feel so proud of yourself, and so you should!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:25 AM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Anything, I am a member of the long hair forum... but I don't visit their too often. This board is my addiction! it's a great place to visit when you have a health-of-your-hair concern!

Well Friends, today is a milestone for me...for two reasons...I hit 60 lbs gone today...and according to the suggested weight range for my height, I am not "overweight" anymore!
(Charts say I should weigh between something like 115-150.2 -- who makes up these crazy numbers?!?)

I'm so happy to have come this far and want to do my best to stay in good shape...and not let it creep back on.

We are off of school today because the roads are wet and icy...but honestly looking out my window, things look just fine! But for the best anyway because most of us Mississippians are clueless on how to drive in those conditions...

I wish ribeye wasn't so expensive...I think it's so delicious...but man, it's costly. Does anyone know of a meat that's similar but not so expensive? I know it's not Stillman's to have fatty meat...so I can take that question to the VLC,ZC thread if that would be more appropriate!

Hey, a question for ANything, CC and any others with long hair...how often do you wash it? I'm usually a once a week girl...
Old 01-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
CCGirl; You look BEAUTIFUL! I love your hair on you! Do not cut any more... I agree with your significant other! It actually makes you look young and vibrant... you have drop dead gorgeous hair and can definitely get by with that long thick mane... which does make you look great! Let the temptation to cut leave!
OMG thank you, how sweet! I stilll can't believe how ginormous I look, the camera angle suck! I'm really tall and thinner in a mirror!

Thanks again..........I have started telling people I'm in my thirties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Ooooooh CC, you are gorgeous!!! I enjoyed your pics!

Our hair is very similiar in color and length...Mine is pulled back in a low ponytail a lot.
Thanks, Beck I wish mine was as light as yours!

Quote:
Milo: You will be sooo happy this spring!

So besides Becky, me and CCGirl, anyone else have long hair? There is a long hair board somewhere around the internet. I looked at it during the summer... CCGirl, was it you that told us about it? It was interesting. They kept talking about oil pulling, and I still don't know what that is!

I am longing for some new clothes too. I am going to go through my closets this week, and clean out my clothes and donate them. Most of them are so threadbare though... I never allowed myself new clothes until I lost weight... so I have had them for years! It will take awhile to collect a new wardrobe, but so be it! I am 5'9 so it is difficult to find new clothes, very long arms and legs... I can't order from the tall cataloge because those are too big, so I am just inbetween.

Thanks for letting me rant. I am trying to stay away from food... and drink my water.

Sleep tight everyone... take care...
Ugh, I know what you mean about tall........34" inseam here! But you will love getting new threads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Anything, I am a member of the long hair forum... but I don't visit their too often. This board is my addiction! it's a great place to visit when you have a health-of-your-hair concern!

Well Friends, today is a milestone for me...for two reasons...I hit 60 lbs gone today...and according to the suggested weight range for my height, I am not "overweight" anymore!
(Charts say I should weigh between something like 115-150.2 -- who makes up these crazy numbers?!?)

I'm so happy to have come this far and want to do my best to stay in good shape...and not let it creep back on.

We are off of school today because the roads are wet and icy...but honestly looking out my window, things look just fine! But for the best anyway because most of us Mississippians are clueless on how to drive in those conditions...

I wish ribeye wasn't so expensive...I think it's so delicious...but man, it's costly. Does anyone know of a meat that's similar but not so expensive? I know it's not Stillman's to have fatty meat...so I can take that question to the VLC,ZC thread if that would be more appropriate!

Hey, a question for ANything, CC and any others with long hair...how often do you wash it? I'm usually a once a week girl...
mmmmmm ribeye......and the fat is so the best part. I guess your top steak cuts would be on the list...T bone, NY strip...all pricey.

I wash 3X a week.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

I posted some pics in an album in my profile. I've been a member of LCF since before 2002 and I've never learned how to work my profile out!
I didn't even know two of you had sent me friend requests!

So if you want to see me , or my hair when it was in its best shape...you can look in my album. (I invited the regular posters to be my friend. I'm sorry if I left anyone out!)
Old 01-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O Becks, your hair is beautiful! And your DH is hot!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Hello ladies!

First, I want to make some confessions. I forgot to pack tuna in my school bag & yet again had to eat from 7-11. (Why am I surrounded only by 7-11's?!?!) I had turkey slices and pork rinds. From now on I will be sure to pack tuna pouches in both my school bag and my work bag, so I won't be protein-less again! Oh, and even though I said I would steer clear of processed meat, I ate an entire package of turkey bacon in 2 days.

I've also been drinking A LOT of coffee. And sometimes with a splash of soymilk, and usually with a sprinkle of Splenda. I'm not going to drink anymore coffee unless it's got sugarfree syrup since that has 0 carbs. (Not every coffee shop has it, which is why I had to resort to granular Splenda) Is anyone else using sugarfree syrup (DaVinci's, Torani) while on Stillman's? I'm also going to try drinking less coffee and more tea, because I can drink tea black, but I can't drink coffee black. But aside from whatever carbs are in deli meat, turkey bacon, splashes of soymilk, granular Splenda...and aside from the 1 bag of pork rinds...I've been lean meat and eggs only!

Warning: don't read the paragraph below if you're squeamish about digestion issues!

For the past couple of days, I've been experiencing diarrhea. I've read that milk of magnesia is good for this, but I'm unsure of how much to take, and how often. Do I need to take it for the entire duration that I'm on Stillman's? Does anyone else have bowel issues?

I've only been on this diet for 2 weeks, but it seems like forever! I'm obviously going to keep doing Stillman's until I get to goal weight, however long it takes, but does anyone have any mental tips to keep me patient?

Here's a tip that I've found really helpful:
cooking meats/seafood in the toaster oven!
You can put frozen meat in there, walk away for 30 minutes, and have food ready with minimal cleanup. I cooked up a batch of frozen chicken breasts that I can munch on throughout the week. Dinner tonight was 2 frozen flounder fillets baked in the oven. It was so nice not having to stand next to the stove and keep flipping meat around in a pan.

I've also decided to not make exercise a priority just yet. Eventually I want to get into a routine, but for right now, eating Stillman's is enough to worry about. I'm just going to exercise when I feel like it...like right now, haha...I'm off to do the 8 Minute Arms DVD.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:21 PM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Becky123; I would love to see your hair! Can you add me to your gallery? And to answer your question, i just shampoo every week. I use a off brand of Nioxin, and Aubbrey Voluminzing Shampoo, then use Fructis Conditioner followed by Johnson and johnson leave in detangler. I only have time for once a week!! LOL!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Becky123; Congratulations on your 60 lbs!! Very well done indeed!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Milo: I did have bowel problems when I ate eggs that were not organic. With high grade, vegetarian fed, free range chicken eggs, no problems. You might want to try pill form probiotics whcih will assist in digestion. Get the kind with a billion organisms. Hope this helps...
Old 01-11-2011, 05:06 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: VeeH
Just popping in to say "hi" and to congratulate all the losers!!! YAY! I am still struggling, and I just want this day to be over--meetings with supervisors for both internship and counseling hours and school tonight with a prof I have issues with--and I am trying to maintain a calm amidst the pervasive anxiety I feel. It's totally irrational, and I just have to keep reminding myself of that. Went o therapy yesterday, and she gave me some breathing exercises to do to release tension. It sort of worked, but I know it will work better if I make it a regular practice. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent, and wish me luck this semester--it's going to be a bear. I know I'll feel much better once this weight starts coming off! Scale has budged a little, so I feel good about that.

Have a great day, everyone! I'll check in tonight when I get home from my LONG day.
VeeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:07 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: VeeH
P.S. I have Demi-length dark brown hair, and I wash it 2-3x per week.
VeeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

I weighed 148.6 this morning...I don't think I'm going to make it to 145 by tomorrow My new goal is to be under 140 by February 1st. 8.6lbs in 20 days, I can do that!

I realized why my weight loss has been so slow! I reread the Stillman's by the book 2009 thread & found out I'm not supposed to be chewing gum! I've been chewing an entire pack every other day this whole time. And the reason I've been having bowel issues is because coffee is a diuretic and I've been drinking many many cups a day. Plus, Dr. Atkins even says that caffeine can slow weight loss

So, it's time to tighten the reigns to help me get further to goal. This morning I took a new supplement, a digestive enzyme with probiotics, along with my vitamin. No more carbonated beverages (unless I'm out at a bar), no more gum, only 1 cup of coffee per day, and it HAS to be made with sugarfree syrup or liquid stevia (no powdered sweeteners because they have trace carbs).

I'm so grateful that I have you ladies here for support doing this with me. Let's keep it up!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Becky123; I would love to see your hair! Can you add me to your gallery? And to answer your question, i just shampoo every week. I use a off brand of Nioxin, and Aubbrey Voluminzing Shampoo, then use Fructis Conditioner followed by Johnson and johnson leave in detangler. I only have time for once a week!! LOL!
Anything, I've already sent you a request for being friends here. Don't click on the gallery link but click on my name above my avatar...then click on public profile, or something like that...then you can see the album!
Old 01-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #289
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sensible
Stats: 284/255/150
WOE: QWL
Start Date: October 2010

Hi, Everyone!

Well, I'm back again. I started the Stillman's Diet in Oct. and went off it Thanksgiving. I lost 25 lbs in about a month. Through December until yesterday, I ate pretty much what I wanted and gained 6 lbs back. I started the diet yesterday and lost 4 1/2 lbs in one day! Yay!!! I figure if I stay on the diet, lose 25 lbs. go off and gain 5 lbs back, go back on the diet, etc. etc., I can fool my body into not thinking it is on a diet. It seems when I go on Stillman's after about 3 weeks, the weight is slow to come off. Anyway, I'm back and I heading for 150 by August! Wish me luck!!!
Sensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey Sens nice loss!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
becky (and all you other long haired hotties!) . I would love, love, love your hair. Why is it that I have much shorter hair and have to wash it every single day! If I don't. .I itch like crazy plus it sticks out every which way and it is oily . ugg! I can't go anywhere (and don't think I have) without washing, curling, drying. . egg. .I've attempted to wash and throw on a ball cap. . Blahhhhhhh. . . I'm a slave to my hair, I tell you . a slave!! Today I had to drag out the hot rollers cuz I have no body (well. .I have lots of "body" just none in my hair! heheh)

Seriously, your hair is gorgeous. . Do not do anything to it. I was in Junior High when mine was down to my waiste and decided to go short. . Its never grown out since! Every single time I go to get it "trimmed" . . she wants to cut more off. . Mine is all layered which can be difficult to maintain if you are trying to grow it out. needless to say, I am on a bad roller coast. .cut, color, grow. .grow. .trim. .cut . .color. . whine. .groan. carry on. . Perm. . primp, cut color. . wash rinse and repeat. . only to start all over again!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Congrats on the losses gals! I'm plugging along. .haven't weighed EEEK. . kinda scared of the scale right now .. .

I was having a few issues with PMS. . . .being very, very late. .but I think I'm back to semi-normal now .. so hopefully the fat rolls will melt away. .out darn fat. . out I say!!!

OK. .I guess I'm still having issues with PMS> . kinda *itchy here .. .
IM2fat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #293
Senior LCF Member

I could just about cry right now!
Was having a great on plan day: 2 turkey burgers with mustard, 1 coffee, 1 iced tea, walked around a lot, jumped on the rebounder for 30 minutes, didn't chew any gum...and then it was dinner time. I was craving shrimp, and when I went to the seafood counter, I saw that it was next to a package of imitation crab meat that was $4 cheaper. I asked the employee at the counter what was in it, and she said it was a different type of fish called pollock that they cooked and seasoned with Old Bay. So I ate about a half pound of it and then tried to enter it in ******. "Imitation crab meat" wasn't in their database, so I did some googling and found this:

"manufacturers add some combination of starch – usually wheat or tapioca – to stiffen up the mixture, sugars to preserve the surimi for storage and freezing, and egg whites to again stabilize the mixture and add gloss and shine. Vegetable oil can also be added to improve the texture of the mix."

Sugar, starch, vegetable oil...in my FISH?!? UUUUGGGGHHH!!!!

I'm not going to be too harsh on myself because I didn't know, but it's just so frustrating! I'm off to go eat some chicken breast...
Old 01-11-2011, 05:52 PM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
becky (and all you other long haired hotties!) . I would love, love, love your hair. Why is it that I have much shorter hair and have to wash it every single day! If I don't. .I itch like crazy plus it sticks out every which way and it is oily . ugg! I can't go anywhere (and don't think I have) without washing, curling, drying. . egg. .I've attempted to wash and throw on a ball cap. . Blahhhhhhh. . . I'm a slave to my hair, I tell you . a slave!! Today I had to drag out the hot rollers cuz I have no body (well. .I have lots of "body" just none in my hair! heheh)

Seriously, your hair is gorgeous. . Do not do anything to it. I was in Junior High when mine was down to my waiste and decided to go short. . Its never grown out since! Every single time I go to get it "trimmed" . . she wants to cut more off. . Mine is all layered which can be difficult to maintain if you are trying to grow it out. needless to say, I am on a bad roller coast. .cut, color, grow. .grow. .trim. .cut . .color. . whine. .groan. carry on. . Perm. . primp, cut color. . wash rinse and repeat. . only to start all over again!!!
OMG girl, but what you don't know is there is a trade off. Long hairs are limited and we are always in fear of looking like an old hag trying to look young. Especially since the rule for years was after forty you can't pull it off any more.
Talk to your stylist about the oily issues and such......they are a plethora of knowledge yet nobody asks......they will totally spill for you! If not, like any malady, try a second opinion.........you might be surprised!

Quote:
Congrats on the losses gals! I'm plugging along. .haven't weighed EEEK. . kinda scared of the scale right now .. .

I was having a few issues with PMS. . . .being very, very late. .but I think I'm back to semi-normal now .. so hopefully the fat rolls will melt away. .out darn fat. . out I say!!!

OK. .I guess I'm still having issues with PMS> . kinda *itchy here .. .
Hell I haven't weighed since new years...I'm about four pounds up since the hols but I figure thats a good thing.......and, yes, I too am waiting for the monthly dose of mother nature....

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
I could just about cry right now!
Was having a great on plan day: 2 turkey burgers with mustard, 1 coffee, 1 iced tea, walked around a lot, jumped on the rebounder for 30 minutes, didn't chew any gum...and then it was dinner time. I was craving shrimp, and when I went to the seafood counter, I saw that it was next to a package of imitation crab meat that was $4 cheaper. I asked the employee at the counter what was in it, and she said it was a different type of fish called pollock that they cooked and seasoned with Old Bay. So I ate about a half pound of it and then tried to enter it in ******. "Imitation crab meat" wasn't in their database, so I did some googling and found this:

"manufacturers add some combination of starch – usually wheat or tapioca – to stiffen up the mixture, sugars to preserve the surimi for storage and freezing, and egg whites to again stabilize the mixture and add gloss and shine. Vegetable oil can also be added to improve the texture of the mix."

Sugar, starch, vegetable oil...in my FISH?!? UUUUGGGGHHH!!!!

I'm not going to be too harsh on myself because I didn't know, but it's just so frustrating! I'm off to go eat some chicken breast...
OMG girl it's so not your fault..........relax and move on!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
. Blahhhhhhh. . . I'm a slave to my hair, I tell you . a slave!! Today I had to drag out the hot rollers cuz I have no body (well. .I have lots of "body" just none in my hair! heheh)
I know exactly what you mean! I have had a "bad hair LIFE."

Some little cheats yesterday because ....well....nevermind. But back on plan today! It's just hard to get my exercise in. I had committed to two ten minute sessions on the Gazelle at work but I can't seem to tear away from the phone and the computer every time. So all I got in was my morning "break." I figure I should do this for myself since I basically work while eating lunch, and I don't take 20 smoke breaks like everyone else. Maybe I can get 3 bursts in tomorrow. I dunno. When else would I have time? Seriously.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:24 AM   #296
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Some little cheats yesterday because ....well....nevermind.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:25 AM   #297
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome sensible! Congrats on the loss so far!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:27 AM   #298
Big Yapper!!!!

Becky your hair is gorgeous! And I love your dimples! I want dimples! Congrats on the loss and not being "overweight" anymore! Doesn't it feel good! So anything you want to lose now is purely for cosmetic reasons!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:29 AM   #299
Big Yapper!!!!

Cc your hair is gorgeous too! Love the biker pics! You look sooo Geerman! (the hair not the bike!)
Old 01-12-2011, 05:35 AM   #300
Big Yapper!!!!

I love long hair! Used to have it nearly waist length but I chopped it all off a month after I started Stillmans. Lots of people change their hair after losing the weight, I think I was just impatient! Needed a change! Now it's shoulder length, choppy with a fringe! I wear it curled mostly. I need the "bulk" at my face. I would love to grow it long again but it just doesn't suit me anymore-my face is way too small and thin---the one bad thing about losing the weight for me-that and I've tiny fingers!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)