Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: meeps
Stats: need to lose 30lbs. in 10 weeks for my wedding!!!
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 12/26/2010
need to drop 20-30 lbs! getting married in 10 weeks!!!

my fiance are going to be starting the stillman qwl the day after xmas... we desperately need to lose weight for our wedding!!!

he's got alot of will power, but i on the other hand... well not so much!

any suggestions? i would love to hear some success stories!!!

can you have beef jerky on this plan?

thanx!
meeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Beef Jerky is too full of salt.. I wouldn't chance it.. Stillmansis pure. . meat. meat and nothing else.. if its processed,. .I would avoid it at all costs, especially if you want to lose that much in that time frame.. Sorry...but water and pure meat is the way to go.. chicken, fish, tuna, lean pork.. . its all good.. Check out the December blog.. there are some losing peeps there who can help and support you..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
You can lose the weight, but like IM said, don't eat processed meat... too salty and often sugars are put in as well (anything ending in ose) But you must exercise after about the second or third week and you MUST drink at least 80 oz of water... there is a way to figure it out based on your weight and I did forget where the website is.

Also you will need to plan on an exit plan so that you don't gain after your wedding... Exercise will give you the energy during this stressful time... instead of eating junk...
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

thanks guys!

@IM... so it's better to just do ONLY meat and water? what about the cottage cheese?

@anything... i was planning on doing some walking... about two miles a day at a light pace for the first week, since i will be off and have the time... anything to get this disgusting fat off in time for my wedding!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CuteScoot
Stats: 253/216/145,5'4
WOE: Keto!!
Start Date: May 17th 2007,restarted May 29th 2014
Hi there!

I hardly post on here (as you can see,lol,I'm more of a lurker),but I have TONS of experience with Stillmans,so I thought I'd help you out...I'm very surprised nobody on here told you to drop the cottage cheese!As a matter of fact,from somebody who has lost over 100 lbs,I would recommend for you to drop ALL the cheese,all of the dairy!If you are using any creamer in your morning coffee,drop it immediately.Anything that says sugar free...drop it like it's hot!Just because it worked for Tom, Dick,and Mary online here doesn't mean it will work for your body,lol.

This diet works best if you hardcore it,just the basics...the lean meats (chicken,fish,ground beef that is 90% or more fat free,tuna)tons of eggs,and TONS of water.I've lost sometimes more than a pound a day,ESPECIALLY when you add excersize to the plan...just walking a few miles a day helped me immensely!

Good luck to you,hun...if I can do it,BELIEVE ME,lol,anybody can!
CuteScoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:01 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Oh,one more thing...

If you add the CLA/GLA combo to the mix,let's just say that by the time of your wedding,you are gonna be smoking!!I take 5 CLA's and 3 GLA's daily... it's gonna help with the fat loss,and give you glowing skin!
Old 12-31-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi meep! Im a little late to the party but Happy Engagement! I agree with IM2 and CuteScoot! Meat + Water= QUICKEST RESULTS.

CuteScoot- Would love to hear more from you! Great job getting to goal! Im off to research CLA/GLA. Thanks for the heads up!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

thank you all for the advice and encouragement! it helps so much! i got started later than i had hoped due to the holidays... today is day one, and just the drastic change in my diet for one day is already making me feel much better!

also, should i be keeping track of grams of fat? is there a specific number that i should try to stay under daily?

thanks again
Old 01-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeps View Post
also, should i be keeping track of grams of fat? is there a specific number that i should try to stay under daily?
I have no idea of the number but try to keep it as lean as possible. If you start to feel fatigue or nausea, up the fat. Fat is the reason I stayed away from eggs my first run with this. After a while you will defintiely NEED fat to keep it going. The loss will be slower but you will feel great!! Jump in the january thread. I completely missed this post yesterday. sorry.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:03 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ojay
Stats: 253/231/220
WOE: Atkins/Stillman
Start Date: June 2010
good morning everyone,pls how effective is the rebounder?
ojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:07 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ojay
Stats: 253/231/220
WOE: Atkins/Stillman
Start Date: June 2010
had plain beef chunks this morning with plenty waterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,weight loss here i come
ojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Right on about the cottage cheese and dropping it. Way too much salt, and it also has believve it or not, some kind of construction building materials in it... i heard.

The REBOUNDER is great! I started out only being able to do 5 minutes, but wow, it really works... it is great. I was up to 40 minutes when I had surgery (breast reduction), and have had to stop temporarily. In a few months, I will go back to it when I am healed up! Still in my living room!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:30 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/154.2/?
WOE: lc
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteScoot View Post
If you add the CLA/GLA combo to the mix,let's just say that by the time of your wedding,you are gonna be smoking!!I take 5 CLA's and 3 GLA's daily... it's gonna help with the fat loss,and give you glowing skin!
Newbie here. Isn't the cla/gla adding fat? My book says cottage cheese is okay.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
^^Yes, CLA is fat (safflower oil) but it does help improve body composition really well for some people (when dieting and exercising). For others, it just makes skin reallyyyy soft. I know from experience.

And the cottage cheese will not do you any favors- no one on Stillmans (on this forum) actually thinks it's a good idea. Too many carbs, salt, etc..
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/154.2/?
WOE: lc
Shucks I bought cottage cheese. I have used the cla/gla combo and did think it helped me to lose belly fat more quickly.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fashay
What brand of CLA did you use? Was it liquid?
fashay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:54 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Hi Ojay!

You were asking about the rebounder...and let me tell you,holy toledo,it is the BEST thing you can do with your body!I was exercising on an elliptical trainer, Billy Blanks videos,etc,but NOTHING made me shape my body (especially my midsection) faster than my rebounder!Here I was doing an hour on my elliptical trainer,when just half an hour on the rebounder was doing a better job,and much faster!Plus,it's alot of fun!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:58 AM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Hi Fashay!

I use the 'ol cheapo CLA from Walmart called Spring Valley Tonalin...they are pills!They are $13,and it's in a green and yellow bottle.I've used other,more expensive brands of CLA,and they all work the same,no different,so you might as well get the cheapest,right?You take 5 a day!Hope that helps!