Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
is Stillman's right for me??

Hello all, I have some questions for you Stillman supporters. Here's my background info:

I'm 27, F, and have been 30-50lbs overweight my entire adult life. The only time I ever lost weight was when I followed a low calorie diet for 4 months and lost 30lbs. However, I was cranky and food obsessed all the time, and I gained the weight back and then some within a year's time. I read up on low carb, and decided that it was the WOE for me.

Last month, I dropped all sugar, flour, fruits, starchy veggies, and grains from my diet. Didn't really count carbs, but probably averaging around 30 net carbs per day. I feel a lot better on this diet, but I'm still having issues with reaching satiety. I eat a lot of fat and am often hungry, but I notice when I eat lean protein, I don't feel hungry for hours.

So, I'd like to go on Stillman's to lose 30lbs and get my appetite & satiety levels in check. But, I'm scared about what would happen afterward. Can you go from Stillman's to Atkins Induction without gaining weight? Would I have to climb the carb ladder?

Can you please share your Stillman's experiences? And how did you eat to maintain your new lower body weight?
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 09:03 PM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
you can eat more protein and less fat on Atkins too. it would be very rare, however, if you felt more satiety eating less fat.
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
For the past couple of days I've been drinking Bee's Egg Drink (2 eggs, 1T coconut oil, 1T butter, cinnamon, stevia & hot water). I was hoping I could use it as a meal replacement for breakfast, but I noticed that I'm still hungry after I drink it, and it's primarily fat. And I've noticed that it takes a lot of fatty red meat for me to feel satiated, but after a good serving of lean protein (fish or chicken) I feel full for a couple of hours. I've read that fat satiates hunger, but for me, I only feel full after eating a lot of protein.
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Me too Milo. Lean protein not fat. Everyone is different.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote