Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 05:25 PM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hi Ladies. So one full week back on low carb and I am down 14.4 pounds (weighed in at 169.6 this morning). That's such a ridiculous number, I feel guilty saying it. I was so super carbed up and totally bloated to no end plus TOM was here. My body, I think, was in shock and really hated me a week ago, today. Feeling so much better. I am going to do one more week before I change my stats So far today I have had bacon and eggs for breakfast, 3 coffees, a one-minute muffin, 6 slices of salami, 3 slices of farmers cheese, 1 plum tomato and 6 shrimp. I'm gonna munch on two spare ribs here in a few minutes and then I'll be done for the day.

IM, It's a great loss and congrats! Looks like WW was a good move for you! Please don't send any of that snow our way! Some friends of mine who are four hours away got about 10-12 inches the last few days and we've had nothing here yet! Have fun on your day off! I'll be at work so I can't keep ya company but hopefully Al shows up!

By the way, did kamills ever come back?

veeH, so jealous you're going to a steakhouse *drool* Enjoy yourself and tell us every last juicy detail about what you ordered! And

GT, Thanks for sharing your pics! Girl, I would kill for thighs like yours! Until then... I'll your hard work!

becky, when I go to starbucks, I usually get the American which is just espresso and hot water and then I ask them for the HWC and they let me pour it in myself that way I can really control it. I usually add half a packet of splenda to the cup then. I don't like much cream or sweetener... the SF caramel syrup is pretty good too, to add to the americano then just put a bit of cream in, though I eye them up hardcore when they're making it just to make sure they're really putting the SF syrup in, I get so paranoid!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Thanks for the welcome, ladies!

I'm really really hoping that I'll experience appetite suppression. Yesterday for some reason I was SO HUNGRY and nothing could fill me up. Throughout the day I ate/drank 2 servings of Bee's Egg Drink (which = 4 eggs & 4T coconut oil), a cup of cooked chicken, 2 packets of tuna, 2 hamburgers, 3 eggs scrambled in the burger fat, and then 2 more eggs! I ATE 9 EGGS PLUS LOTS OF MEAT AND I WAS STILL HUNGRY! I have no problem eating low carb food, I'm not tempted by high carb food, but something physiologically is telling my body to eat all the time. I've tried the L-glutamine under the tongue trick, but it doesn't work for me.

So, last night I was doing some research on appetite/satiety and read about how fiber (especially glucomannan) makes your belly feel full. Has anyone here supplemented with fiber? Today I went to the drugstore & bought flavor packets of fiber powder that you stir into water. I drank one after dinner and it made me feel surprisingly full for a couple of hours.

I definitely plan on including fiber like psyllium and glucomannan into my diet after Stillman's (you can make glucomannan pudding! 0g of net carb pudding!), but I'm wondering if I should include some fiber supplements while I'm doing QWL...

What would make me lose more weight - having to eat the equivalent of 6 cans of tuna a day to feel full...or 3 cans of tuna plus 3 servings of fiber supplement (which = anywhere from 1-5 net carbs)? <--I'm pretty sure this is one of those YMMV conundrums...

If anyone's interested, here's a really good source of information on glucomannan/konjac powder --
Living Low Carb with Glucomannan Powder
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:47 AM   #243
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Becks, the jacket came today. It's even more awesome than the auction pictures, it's like brand new. This is pretty much it except the leather is heavier and smooth and the hemline is solid not a cut in belt style.

Good luck with the kitchen!
I have one exactly like that in hot pink!!!!! Oh yes peeps I do!!! Haven't worn it in few years tho-should take it back out!!
Getting there!!! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:50 AM   #244
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Hi Ladies. So one full week back on low carb and I am down 14.4 pounds (weighed in at 169.6 this morning). That's such a ridiculous number, I feel guilty saying it.
And so you should!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: laugh:
Old 12-10-2010, 12:54 AM   #245
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post

By the way, did kamills ever come back?

GT, Thanks for sharing your pics! Girl, I would kill for thighs like yours! Until then... I'll your hard work!
:blush: Thanks!!
No she didn't. I miss her!! I need Brits...well they're the nearest to Irish on this site!! Hee! Plus they're in he same time zone!!!

I'm really fed up with the snow--looks pretty from inside but not when you have to go out!!
Old 12-10-2010, 12:58 AM   #246
Big Yapper!!!!

Milo, stick with it and the appetite suppressant will come!! It takes 3days for our body to get into ketosis--sometimes more depending on how carbed up you are. In the meantime try adding a lite fats, like fattier cuts of meat. And drink up water, I know hard in this weather, or some hot teas--liquid tricks your stomach into thinking it's full!!
I've never taken fibre supplements.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:02 AM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeH View Post
Just got caught up on all the posts, and you all have been a talkative bunch in the past two days!!! Paper is finished. In fact, I turned it in "early": 11:20 p.m. for a midnight deadline! I am SO, SO, SO glad this semester is over! The paper was a bear (34 pages), but I think it turned out really well. Anyway, now that I'm done and have no major stresses in my life, I can totally focus on Stillman's and stop making excuses for eating off plan (too stressed, too tired, too anxious, etc.). I still have two weeks til xmas, and I bet I can lose a good deal if I just stick to really clean eating. The holiday season is definitely tough!
Awesome. . sit back, say Whew. . and enjoy some Wine!
IM2fat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:03 AM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Becks, the jacket came today. It's even more awesome than the auction pictures, it's like brand new. This is pretty much it except the leather is heavier and smooth and the hemline is solid not a cut in belt style.

Good luck with the kitchen!
My kinda jacket! Loving it. .
Old 12-10-2010, 06:05 AM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ok peeps! Cos I'm feeling brave--dunno why! My friend just emailed me the pick she took on her iPhone (did I ever mention I want one!!!)while we were getting ready on Sat night --so I've stuck it up on an album. I feel kinda guilty that I know what some of you look like and- I like that cos I like to know who I'm typing to-but I would never put me up as an avi (I'll stick to cakes!). 1.. cos I'm too paranoid-do not want picks of me on the world wide web!! and 2... cos yuk, do not want to see my face every time I log on!!
GT. . I missed this post yesterday!.. My goodness, girl. . I don't think you need to lose another ounce! You look Fabulous! Time for maintenance for you!! You are one dedicated gal! Wow!
Old 12-10-2010, 06:10 AM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
WTG IM2!!! Why the "mixed feelings"? I wish I had lost as much in the past week!
Well. .originally (earlier in the week). . I was down 10 (by my scale..). . and I had gained 7 during my carb-up day. . so I was kinda/sorta expecting at least 10. . which is why I decided . no weighing in until next thursday. I appreciate that I lost but I was a little upset that I had "let my self gain" so much again before doing something. .

So just a bit closer to stats. .and I realize I can't erase 2 months of yo/yo-ing in 1 week (Unlike some of us. . GWN!!! . . J/K . .you are doing great!). .
Old 12-10-2010, 06:11 AM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I have one exactly like that in hot pink!!!!! Oh yes peeps I do!!! Haven't worn it in few years tho-should take it back out!!
GT! of course you do!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 06:16 AM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
Thanks for the welcome, ladies!

So, last night I was doing some research on appetite/satiety and read about how fiber (especially glucomannan) makes your belly feel full. Has anyone here supplemented with fiber? Today I went to the drugstore & bought flavor packets of fiber powder that you stir into water. I drank one after dinner and it made me feel surprisingly full for a couple of hours.

I definitely plan on including fiber like psyllium and glucomannan into my diet after Stillman's (you can make glucomannan pudding! 0g of net carb pudding!), but I'm wondering if I should include some fiber supplements while I'm doing QWL...

What would make me lose more weight - having to eat the equivalent of 6 cans of tuna a day to feel full...or 3 cans of tuna plus 3 servings of fiber supplement (which = anywhere from 1-5 net carbs)? <--I'm pretty sure this is one of those YMMV conundrums...

If anyone's interested, here's a really good source of information on glucomannan/konjac powder --
Living Low Carb with Glucomannan Powder
I actually use one of those Benefiber powder packets in my water daily and it seems to help me in more ways than one . I also take magnesium every day. . It really does seem to suppress the appetite, too! I think the small amount of carbs are a good tradeoff. . some have additional sugar so you will have to watch. .
Old 12-10-2010, 06:23 AM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. . day off. . doing laundry x 3 at it's only 9:17! I can't believe boys wear so many clothes! My goodness. ..

Thinking about breakfast. . guess I'm gonna break out the tuna! I plan to grill (yes. . in the snow) this afternoon. . I marinated some steak and some pork yesterday so I'm looking forward to a big meat fest! Making unmentionable sides for the boys but I'm thinking steak and wine is the way to go tonight!

Happy Friday, LC Friends! X0
Old 12-10-2010, 08:25 AM   #254
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
GT. . I missed this post yesterday!.. My goodness, girl. . I don't think you need to lose another ounce! You look Fabulous! Time for maintenance for you!! You are one dedicated gal! Wow!
Aw thanks!:blush::blush:
Old 12-10-2010, 08:33 AM   #255
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OK. . day off. . doing laundry x 3 at it's only 9:17! I can't believe boys wear so many clothes! My goodness. ..

Thinking about breakfast. . guess I'm gonna break out the tuna! I plan to grill (yes. . in the snow) this afternoon. . I marinated some steak and some pork yesterday so I'm looking forward to a big meat fest! Making unmentionable sides for the boys but I'm thinking steak and wine is the way to go tonight!

Happy Friday, LC Friends! X0
Wow! On my day off at 9.17 I would be tucked up under the duvet.....or at least snuggled on the couch watching kids' tv---well it's all that's on in the mornings!!!
Your meat-feast sounds good!! Sitting here eating tuna/
And there's a Christmas market on this weekend and OMG the smells. Hot crepes, Hot waffles, Sausages, Gluehwein (hot wine with Xmas herbs) Candy floss, Roasted chestnuts, Roasted Sugary Almond things-----I have to walk right through this every time I leave my house!!!!It's actually worse than the choccie market--a least I couldn't smell the bars!!!!!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 12-10-2010, 08:34 AM   #256
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh yeah--and the chocolate banana stand is back!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:36 AM   #257
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok I'm sitting her wondering will I clean the bathroom or do the Callanetics DVD......or just continue lying on the couch listening to Christmas songs on MTV...............would that be very bold!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:37 AM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chocolate Bananas... .O my goodness. . that sounds devine!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:39 AM   #259
Big Yapper!!!!

It is (said with a whine).............unfortunately!!!!!!!!! It's a real banana covered in hardened chocolate---it's soooo good!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 11:44 AM   #260
Big Yapper!!!!

Just did 2hrs of Callanetics--good me!! Now have to go and clean the bathroom.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:26 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hey peeps, still here- not feeling well lately- thought i was gonna die last week. But i still managed 2 lose. 192.4 is the stats now. Yay. I promise to post more once i start feeling better. Love u all. U r doing so well.
nermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hey peeps. I'm still here. Just not feeling well lately, but still managed to lose. Stats r now 192.4 . I promise to post more when i'm feeling better.
nermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:44 AM   #263
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Nermo!! Sorry you're no feeling well. Yay on the loss tho!!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 12:46 AM   #264
Big Yapper!!!!

Peeps this thread is to quiet!!! Log in peeps!!
Old 12-11-2010, 02:49 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: VeeH
Good morning, everyone! I'm up early--it's 5:30 a.m. here--because I crashed after my sumptuous meal last night. I decided to make yesterday my Atkins day so that I could indulge in the creamed spinach, which turned out not to be overly creamy (like some restaurants make it) and more spinachy, which I loved. I ate half of the portion and saved some to have for today (so I guess today will be sort of Atkins too, although that's the only carby thing I'll have today, as I have to jump back on strict Stillman's--two weeks til xmas, and I have GOT to reach goal!).

What are everyone's plans for Saturday? I have to hit the gym at some point, and I'm trying to decide if I want to do errands with my husband. I feel like I owe him some quality time, because I have been so absorbed in school, and we DID have a wonderful time together last night. He was making me laugh SO hard. It was delightful. On the other hand, I don't really FEEL like running errands; I feel like sitting on my butt and reading a good book. Also, it's just too dang cold for me to want to motivate to go anywhere except the gym. (I'm a California girl and I'm therefore allergic to the cold!) We're waiting for snow, so I better brace myself: Winter is definitely here!
VeeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:52 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hey peeps. I'm still here. Just not feeling well lately, but still managed to lose. Stats r now 192.4 . I promise to post more when i'm feeling better.
Nermo. Hi there! I'm new here, but I just wanted to say that I hope you start feeling better soon. I hate being sick! It just seems to cast a massive pallor on everything, including eating. I'm glad that you were still able to lose--that's such a challenge, because so many times many of us want to reach for "comfort" food when we're sick, and this can often mean starchy, carby food. Good for you!
Old 12-11-2010, 02:58 AM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh yeah--and the chocolate banana stand is back!!!!!!!
I'm not a big banana fan (don't know why, because I used to LOVE them as a little kid), but can I peel off the chocolate? Is it dark chocolate? Is it served cold? HAHAHA!

My husband just brought home a tin of gourmet cookies (gift from work), and they look SO good. I'm going to have to put them up high on a shelf, or somewhere out of my sight (as unfair as it is to DH).
Old 12-11-2010, 03:08 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

MJ, regarding fiber supplements. I have mild irritable bowl syndrome, so I SOMETIMES take a fiber supplement (sugar-free, but 5 carbs), and I just have to plan on including those 5 carbs into my food plan (and I only have one serving at night about an hour after eating dinner). However, when I do strict Stillman's I don't use the fiber and try to drink as much water as possible, and this seems to help with both my tummy issues and my sense of feeling full. In fact, sometimes I feel overfull on the water alone. I DO count carbs (yes, I count the 1 pack of Splenda I have in my black coffee), and I DO count calories (it's just sort of automatic). Lately I have been having too many calories and the scale hasn't budged, so I need to cut back (I've just been extremely lax because I just finished finals for school and I have been "CRAZY." LOL!)

Last edited by VeeH; 12-11-2010 at 03:09 AM..
Old 12-11-2010, 04:53 AM   #269
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
(I'm a California girl and I'm therefore allergic to the cold!)
Old 12-11-2010, 04:55 AM   #270
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I'm not a big banana fan (don't know why, because I used to LOVE them as a little kid), but can I peel off the chocolate? Is it dark chocolate? Is it served cold? HAHAHA!

My husband just brought home a tin of gourmet cookies (gift from work), and they look SO good. I'm going to have to put them up high on a shelf, or somewhere out of my sight (as unfair as it is to DH).
Dark chocolate, white chocolate or milk chocolate!!!!! ....oh I'm drooling again!!
I love cookies!!!!!!