Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
IM, do you have an account with USPS/Fedex/UPS? With USPS Priority Mail Click n Ship, you can create a label from yourself but using my zip code (no address disclosure-not that I care) shipping to yourself and scan and email it to me.
I will have to wait until all of the auctions are over, then what ever doen't sell I will gladly give you. Just pick up the shipping.
Do you need four cups and saucers? They are going directly to the Salvation Army-cups and saucers hardly ever sell. I can dig them out of the donations load.[/url]
O my goodness CC. . I was kidding, really. . I love my dishes but I have most of it in storage.. gotta wait until the kids are a bit bigger before I rediscover them. You are too kind!

I'll take your new coat, however! LOL. . perhaps I can snag one myself. . but I've had to wean myself off. . .clothing overload. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2010, 08:02 PM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gals.. I have a lot more to say but I 'm super duper tired! I think all this thinking about dieting is exhausting! I sure hope that means my metbolism is super charged! Wadda ya think?. . . OK. . I'll check in tomorrow. .

XOXO.. meat filled dreams
Old 12-08-2010, 03:23 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: VeeH
Hi, gals!

I'm just checking in. I haven't had time to read through all the posts yet, but I just wanted to say "hi" and congratulate to any and all losers. I am completely absorbed in writing my final paper, so I have had NO time for anything else. I will check back and read and catch up when I come up for air!

Vee
VeeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:40 AM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
LMAO CCgirl, you crack me up!! Great (personalized) joke

I love that houndstooth coat, one of my favorite patterns. I have a pair of boots just like those in the picture but this girl here is not confident on heels! IDK, when you slim down, does balancing on heels become easier? That bike is parked for the winter. 2 Saturdays ago was my last ride and as I was biking home, tears coming down my eyes, freezing to my cheeks, teeth chattering, knuckles cracking, I cursed the whole way home vowing to park it for the season and so it sits

Anyone take advantage of those cyber Monday sales?? I got my nieces their xmas gifts and a comforter set w/ matching drapes for someone else, it was ilke 70% off through Kohls website plus free shipping.

By the way, if anyone wants to exchange facebooks, PM me your link and I'll add ya. I know some peeps like to keep things separate and anonymous but I like you ladies and I don't ever, well almost never talk about my weight on facebook anyway so it's completely separate from here.
Ooh Gwn, a classic girl! XLNT! My new fashion icon is Kate Middleton, love her!

I know just what you mean about biking in this weather, that's me trying to run in 24 degrees! IDK what I will do for the winter, probably stairs (real ones). I did it years ago, it's quited a workout and no equipment needed!!

Wearing heels has become easier with the losses....I think liking your body has a lot to do with it, too.

I dodn't do FB...no friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OOo.. another 10 pounds and I may just have to try them. .
Do it! You will love yourself for it!

Quote:
O my goodness CC. . I was kidding, really. . I love my dishes but I have most of it in storage.. gotta wait until the kids are a bit bigger before I rediscover them. You are too kind!

I'll take your new coat, however! LOL. . perhaps I can snag one myself. . but I've had to wean myself off. . .clothing overload. .
How long a wait? I can probably find a place to hide them away.

The overload has just begun for me........ I look at some of my stuff now and it's so neutral....clothes to hide in...........no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeH View Post
Hi, gals!

I'm just checking in. I haven't had time to read through all the posts yet, but I just wanted to say "hi" and congratulate to any and all losers. I am completely absorbed in writing my final paper, so I have had NO time for anything else. I will check back and read and catch up when I come up for air!

Vee
Vee, stay focused, I hope your paper is killer!!!!!!!!!!1A+A+A+A+A+++

Today I have to take the twins to the vet for shots/neuter. They have been locked in the bedroom......no food or water since ten last nite. They are taking it well.......we'll see how ugly it gets when I stuff them in their pet taxis and into the truck.........
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:19 AM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CC! considering my baby is only 8. . I have another 10 years before they are all out and gone. . by then. .I'll probably be eating off paper plates! Heheheh..

Gotta love kids!

OK. got up this morning.. had myself an egg (or two.. well technically. . egg and 2 whites!). . Hotsauce and tomatoes. . Breakfast of champions!

I think I shall get weighed tomorrow. . I really wanted to jump on the scale this morning but refrained. . I want a surprise tomorrow. .((holding breath)). .

OK. so my 15 year old son is competing in a "pagent" today.. (for a good cause. .Toys for Tots) . .I bought him a lovely pink prom dress at the Goodwill. . but here's the funny/scary part.. he need a "sweater.. I'm assuming an Ugly Sweater competion. . he actually went into my closet and found several choices!! OMG> . guess it's time to wean more of them out. . Granted, the one with the little Easter Bunnies is probably pushing it. . but in my defense, I only wore it once!

I sure hope I remember my camera tonight. . it should be funny. . I guess one of the upper classman is going all out and baring his Man-boobs! Crazy what these kids do these days. . .

OK . .should be working just thought I'd check in. . Off to burn some calories~!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:11 AM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
8? That's not too young to start having good table manners and respecting mom's china.....for holidays perhaps? It still can be had reasonably, especially the everyday stuff-plates and cups.

It's kinda funny....when I was looking to replace some missing pieces of my first silverware set-stainless-I began looking at prices (outrageous) then started looking on ebay.
Long story short, I decided that if I was going to spend then it should be for something good.
So I replaced it with Royal Manor silverplate from the 60's....service for thirty with completers so I can fill the dishwasher and not run out of spoons. It cost me one third of what a good set of Oneida stainless service for eight would run.

And so began the love affair of the halfnakedbarbarianwoman and china, silver, glass, vintage Corningware and Pyrex. And Fenton milk glass-it covers the house. Of course, the Goddess of Good Taste (mom) had a lot to do with also, she hawks fine high end depression glass on the bay. If any of you gals are into Cambridge, Fostoria, Tiffin or Fenton, she's da man.

And the last sentence in every auction I ever ran is still the same today.
'Life is too short not to have the vintage cool stuff, china, silver and glass that you love. I love you, Mom!'

That means you, IM, and the rest of ya! That special occasion is.today! When a fifteen year old does a pageant for charity! Or an eight year old makes a paper mache fish in science class! Or mommy comes home from a long trip to her cat!

Ladies, tell me your manufacturer and pattern!

and cherish every moment......don't wait for that ship to come in, that tugboat in the harbor IS your ship........you just have to see it's there!

Carpe Diem!

have a great day.BBL!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:53 AM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
[QUOTE=GwnStfni;14152097]Farmers cheese is good, it's mild like mozzarella and it gets chewy like mozzarella if you warm it up over a burger..QUOTE]

Ooh I Love mozzarella!!! You can get half-fat here but even with that I'd eat the whole bag!!! Love goats cheese too--Ya think the Doc woud liKe that too!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #188
Big Yapper!!!!

[QUOTE=GwnStfni;14152118] dinner of 3 burger patties w/ 2 slices of farmers cheese between them, wrapped in lettuce with one sliced plum tomato between them.

QUOTE]

Literally drooling!!!!!!!! Dins was a can of tuna--yuuum.......not!!!!
Congrats on the loss, you're the new Queen of the whoosh!!!!! (sorry A!)
Old 12-08-2010, 08:57 AM   #189
Big Yapper!!!!

Sbeaking of Al-----check in honey---we miss you
Old 12-08-2010, 09:04 AM   #190
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Getting there: Are you doing this all in one day???
Yeah! and an hour of bike---the getting ub so early is kiling me tho!! And gotta say it's not doing me much good--still the same weight, and not losing inches either!! Wanna be a size 2 too badly to give ub now tho---and not just in some things, in everything, including jeans---cannot get my backside in 2s at all!!! I just want the rest of this weight gone,I've come a long way so I'm not gonna give ub!!
Old 12-08-2010, 09:06 AM   #191
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
anybody doing these yet?

I may be taking the plunge soon.........
Yub--have a few bairs like that!!
Old 12-08-2010, 09:07 AM   #192
Big Yapper!!!!

CC-funny joke!!! and I'm a blonde!!
Old 12-08-2010, 09:11 AM   #193
Big Yapper!!!!

I don't do FB Gwn--if I did I'd boke you!! This was the first thing like that I did. I always thought it was weird tailking to beoble you didn't know--and like on Twitter (don't do that either!) saying things like I'm eating toast!!-------yeah now I def see how it becomes addictive!!
Old 12-08-2010, 09:15 AM   #194
Big Yapper!!!!

Im2--too funny about the sweaters!! Have fun at the bagent!!!! I want a bink brom dress!!!!!!!!!.....ok now I'm aughing like a mad woman at my bbbbbbbbs!!!!!.....workin those stomach muscles!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 01:37 PM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
8? That's not too young to start having good table manners and respecting mom's china.....for holidays perhaps? It still can be had reasonably, especially the everyday stuff-plates and cups.

It's kinda funny....when I was looking to replace some missing pieces of my first silverware set-stainless-I began looking at prices (outrageous) then started looking on ebay.
Long story short, I decided that if I was going to spend then it should be for something good.
So I replaced it with Royal Manor silverplate from the 60's....service for thirty with completers so I can fill the dishwasher and not run out of spoons. It cost me one third of what a good set of Oneida stainless service for eight would run.

and cherish every moment......don't wait for that ship to come in, that tugboat in the harbor IS your ship........you just have to see it's there!

Carpe Diem!

have a great day.BBL!
I know what you are saying.. they are fine at the table. . its when they set it. . or put them in the dishwasher or unload the dishwasher that I have to worry about them. . I decided long ago.. not worth it. . If I can get them to do their chores. . I'm a happy gal!

OOOo.. you sound like me. Back when I had time. .I used to be an ebay junkie/auction/rummage/vintage shop. . . . I also love vintage pieces and started to Collect Cambridge Caprice. . I was into it hot and heavy for quite a few years (my china cabinet is full). . and I still pick up a piece here and there but remember a few months back when I said I was barred from ever entering an antique store again? My hubby said . .too much stuff. . I promised him I would sell some of it.. and never got around to it. . . I also love Piano Babies/old dolls (but don't have many).. .. Bessie Pease .. Vintage Mary.. cupids/angels (old).. . I love anything old and unique. . .I have a couple of old coffee pots that I love, too.. The problem with old. . I put them in my china cabinet and there they sit. . I've taken them out periodically to use but my life is so hectic right now. . I just don't have time. .I keep thinking things will slow down but so far. .nadda. .

I haven't look up Caprice in many years and I used to know exactly what I had and what I did not. . couldn't tell you now without looking for it. .I have a lot of serving pieces and I do use those for Holidays/dinners and when I bring a dish to pass. My mother in law thinks I'm crazy cuz they are too pretty to use. . but I tell her..when would I use them, then?

I will try to slow down a little and enjoy my dishes!
Old 12-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Sbeaking of Al-----check in honey---we miss you
I really, really, really hate when she leaves us. . Does she not understand.. We Need her? Sheesh.. I'm sending a kick in the behind her way. .
Old 12-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I don't do FB Gwn--if I did I'd boke you!! This was the first thing like that I did. I always thought it was weird tailking to beoble you didn't know--and like on Twitter (don't do that either!) saying things like I'm eating toast!!-------yeah now I def see how it becomes addictive!!
Funny, I never thought I'd do FB either but I set one up to watch my kids. . yep.. spy on them. .Moreso because my 10 year old wanted to set one up.. I let him (I know. .bad mom) . but I control when, where and how long .. most of the time. . .

But, I find FB to be neat because I can keep in touch with many of my peeps who I would never get to see or talk to.. .It is a good way to share pictures too. . I just love knowing that one of the gals I went to high school with, just had her first baby!! OMG. .I couldn't imagine having my first at my age! She is a brave woman! My family all lives away from me so it is nice to keep in touch with them . I would never talk to my bro if he didn't have FB. .however. . he isn't much of a typer.. I get one word answers! Ha. .
Old 12-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #198
Big Yapper!!!!

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

It's baaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I ask, for how long????!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #199
Big Yapper!!!!

In honour of Twitter, I'm going to tweet:: sitting on the couch drinking tea and eating a HB egg!!
Old 12-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Even though I won't begin Stillman's until next month, I wanted to introduce myself.
I'm starting next month because it'll be easier getting through the holidays eating Atkins style rather than Stillman's.

I have a question about Stillman's and appetite suppression:

Do you feel that Stillman's turns down your appetite? Do any of you consciously limit the amount of food you're eating? One of my favorite aspects of the low carb lifestyle is that you're allowed to eat until satisfied. If I'm eating 3 burgers for a meal instead of 1, will that stall me? I'm hoping that after a couple of days of being strict, appetite suppression will naturally kick in and I'll only be hungry enough for that 1 burger.

And, even though I just posted on the Stillman's recipe thread that I was looking for Stillman's appropriate condiments, I found a poster on another Stillman's message board state that she believed eating the meat plain was a very important part of her success. So, I'm thinking I'll give that a shot...

Anyway, thanks, and I look forward to joining the conversation next month.
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
LOL My rule of thumb is that once you're a mom, you're allowed to wear those cheesy festive sweaters, no apologies required!

Quote:
CC! considering my baby is only 8. . I have another 10 years before they are all out and gone. . by then. .I'll probably be eating off paper plates! Heheheh..

Gotta love kids!

OK. got up this morning.. had myself an egg (or two.. well technically. . egg and 2 whites!). . Hotsauce and tomatoes. . Breakfast of champions!

I think I shall get weighed tomorrow. . I really wanted to jump on the scale this morning but refrained. . I want a surprise tomorrow. .((holding breath)). .

OK. so my 15 year old son is competing in a "pagent" today.. (for a good cause. .Toys for Tots) . .I bought him a lovely pink prom dress at the Goodwill. . but here's the funny/scary part.. he need a "sweater.. I'm assuming an Ugly Sweater competion. . he actually went into my closet and found several choices!! OMG> . guess it's time to wean more of them out. . Granted, the one with the little Easter Bunnies is probably pushing it. . but in my defense, I only wore it once!

I sure hope I remember my camera tonight. . it should be funny. . I guess one of the upper classman is going all out and baring his Man-boobs! Crazy what these kids do these days. . .

OK . .should be working just thought I'd check in. . Off to burn some calories~!
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have spent years collecting the Azalea pattern by Noritake because it's so damn beautiful, every piece is hand painted. I've never actually used it. I have a cheap Ikea set for that. I love old flow blue too but would never collect it, as I'm really not a "collector". I once bid 3,000$ on a set of flow blue dishes, at auction, that I was trying to turn into a profit but got outbid because I wasn't willing to go any higher than that. But with the Azalea, it was always my rule of thumb that I'd buy it then sell off whatever I needed to break even and keep the leftovers... Worked out well! My grandmother collected the Village pattern by Pfaltzgraff, which I thought was totally ugly and totally 70s.

Quote:

And so began the love affair of the halfnakedbarbarianwoman and china, silver, glass, vintage Corningware and Pyrex. And Fenton milk glass-it covers the house. Of course, the Goddess of Good Taste (mom) had a lot to do with also, she hawks fine high end depression glass on the bay. If any of you gals are into Cambridge, Fostoria, Tiffin or Fenton, she's da man.

And the last sentence in every auction I ever ran is still the same today.
'Life is too short not to have the vintage cool stuff, china, silver and glass that you love. I love you, Mom!'

That means you, IM, and the rest of ya! That special occasion is.today! When a fifteen year old does a pageant for charity! Or an eight year old makes a paper mache fish in science class! Or mommy comes home from a long trip to her cat!

Carpe Diem!

have a great day.BBL!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 12-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
Even though I won't begin Stillman's until next month, I wanted to introduce myself.
I'm starting next month because it'll be easier getting through the holidays eating Atkins style rather than Stillman's.

I have a question about Stillman's and appetite suppression:

Do you feel that Stillman's turns down your appetite? Do any of you consciously limit the amount of food you're eating? One of my favorite aspects of the low carb lifestyle is that you're allowed to eat until satisfied. If I'm eating 3 burgers for a meal instead of 1, will that stall me? I'm hoping that after a couple of days of being strict, appetite suppression will naturally kick in and I'll only be hungry enough for that 1 burger.

And, even though I just posted on the Stillman's recipe thread that I was looking for Stillman's appropriate condiments, I found a poster on another Stillman's message board state that she believed eating the meat plain was a very important part of her success. So, I'm thinking I'll give that a shot...

Anyway, thanks, and I look forward to joining the conversation next month.
Welcome (next month) Milo! I think you will find that everyone is different. . One member. . eats meat like its going out of style and can lose weight like crazy. . Another piles on the hot sauce and related condiments and the fat just melts.. Still, there are others who can't touch a diet soda . . you will find what works for you. . but I can tell you. if you stick with a clean, simple Stillman's diet. the weight will drop off in no time. LOoking forward to getting to know you! Awesome that you have a plan. . Great job!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

It's baaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I ask, for how long????!!!
Whew. . I'm Habby. . Err. .Happy. . My keyboard was beginning to give into peer pressure. .

I love when you have issues. . it makes things challenging. . Will you throw out a few b's here and there. . just to keep us on our toes?
Old 12-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I have spent years collecting the Azalea pattern by Noritake because it's so damn beautiful, every piece is hand painted. I've never actually used it. I have a cheap Ikea set for that. I love old flow blue too but would never collect it, as I'm really not a "collector". I once bid 3,000$ on a set of flow blue dishes, at auction, that I was trying to turn into a profit but got outbid because I wasn't willing to go any higher than that. But with the Azalea, it was always my rule of thumb that I'd buy it then sell off whatever I needed to break even and keep the leftovers... Worked out well! My grandmother collected the Village pattern by Pfaltzgraff, which I thought was totally ugly and totally 70s.
Wowsers! I guess I'm a Kmart collector. . .cheap!!! 3,000! You go girl. . I have to debate about bidding $50.00 0n something. .specially when I'm not sure I'll use it. .
Old 12-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
LOL My rule of thumb is that once you're a mom, you're allowed to wear those cheesy festive sweaters, no apologies required!
Thanks, Gwn. .but I'm promptly going into my closet and destroying anything that resembles a Holiday. has an a fuzzy creature on it. . or promotes red/white/blue! Times are a changing. . and so is my bod. . I'm so gonna rock the Jeggins!!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:41 PM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So. .if I go to bed right now. . I will not consume anything bad. . MMMmmm. too bad I have too much work and too much DVD left. . .(((sigh))) who else is up and at 'em. .
Old 12-08-2010, 07:42 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Whew. . I'm Habby. . Err. .Happy. . My keyboard was beginning to give into peer pressure. .

I love when you have issues. . it makes things challenging. . Will you throw out a few b's here and there. . just to keep us on our toes?
Right!? I was actually kinda digging those bbbbbbsssss
Old 12-08-2010, 07:50 PM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

jeggings? Is that skin tight jeans that are practically leggings or what!? And please believe that 3,000$ bid was for prompt resale!! No way I would buy myself china that expensive! Remember, this is the girl who eats off Ikea "china"

I'm up but just tooting around on the PC.... Had a later coffee and a late dinner (a can of turkey in chicken broth w/ 1/8 C cubed zucchini) which has me wired. I should go clean or something. Actually I have been streaming Man v Food on Netflix... Have you peeps seen this show?!?! OMG, no wonder Americans are so fat... But I can't stop watching this show, it's AWESOME!! Lololol, I always end up asking myself, "How would I perform in that situation"? lol

That also reminds me... I think I may have mentioned before I went on my trip, how I was going to pay close attention to the people I came across throughout Europe... Maybe I was in denial but I just didn't believe that in this day and age, Americans are sooo much more obese then everyone else, that you just don't see plenty of fat people in Europe... Well, sadly... I was wrong. :blush: With the exception of London (because there were loads of fat people everywhere, most with really bad hair, too), I saw almost no fat people. It made me feel so sorry for us and how we've gotten to this place where more people are fat than are of a healthy weight and I just don't want to be part of that statistic anymore! :blush:
Old 12-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK...so that means we have to do this once and for all.. No more fat Americans..

by the way.. my kids Love Man Vs. Food.. and I thought it was stupid . .until I watched it. . Well.. I still think its stupid but that didn't stop me from planting myself!! and .. would you believe I actually thought. . I could take 'em. . I could do it. . What??? Am I crazy? . . Nope.. just human!