Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 07:15 PM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Vee. . don't beat yourself up. You did fine. . at least you made better choices and didn't totally camp out in middle of the cake or anything. . Shrimp was a better choice and what are a few nuts? Good fats I say. . So today is a new day. . well technically it's night here .but who's counting? I hate that I can log on during the day any more.. I have such brilliant thoughts while I"m working and just can't wait to share them. by the time I get home. . I forget! Sheesshhh. Old age hurts!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey I did good again today!! I"m proud of myself. . For the first time in a long time, I feel like I have a handle on my out-of-control-ness! Whew. . that was one long stint. . I hope it goes away forever and ever.. I had being out of control. The only thing I can say is . . at least I got it back before I gained every single pound back. .Hopefully this time sticks! Sayed below my point value today (really not supposed to) but I'm satisfied with what I've eaten. .why push it? I did have tuna for lunch and eggs for breakfast.. Some habits are hard to break. . Dinner was roast and green beans / cucumbers. . I skipped the potatoes. . Yay, me! Didn't miss them

Al. . I need you to get into the grove. . I hate when you aren't checking in. . I know what that means. . Come visit us. . you must post something every day. . we have to hear from you. .

Gwn. .you too. .I hope today went better for you. The cravings should be subsiding

GT . Your keyboard broblems Crack me UP!!! Sorry. .but they do. .

CC - Going to check out ebay right now. .
(((Yawn))) I really should be in bed. tired today

Last edited by IM2fat; 12-06-2010 at 07:24 PM..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CC! Can you just box it all up and send it to my house? Please? I had to put most of mine away for the time being. my boys were breaking too many of the pieces and when I found out they were discontinued, I bought some clear glass dishes to use everyday. . I used to live by the outlet mall and was able to pick up different items here and there. .but I'm a sucker for serving platters and bowls, etc. . Don't know why. . I haven't cooked in over a year! Actually, I dusted off some cookbooks yesterday and took some meat out!
Old 12-06-2010, 07:40 PM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. nitey Nite Peeps. I can barely keep my eyes open. .I'm off to dream land. . I'll check in tomorrow!

Have a meat filled day!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:00 AM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

(((sigh))) All my peeps have abandoned me! For crying out loud. .it's 9:00 in the morning and no one has checked in since last night. .. . we should all be revved up and raring to go! Come on . .let's roll. .

I'm eating eggs and hot sauce right now. . What about you. . .?
Old 12-07-2010, 06:02 AM   #156
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Anything-----yay on the reduction!!! Brill!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:04 AM   #157
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Hey I did good again today!! I"m proud of myself. . For the first time in a long time, I feel like I have a handle on my out-of-control-ness!
Go you!!!!! Sooo broud!!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:06 AM   #158
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Meanie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......I know, it's like I have a weird sbeech fault!!!...like the one in the Brady Bunch!!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:08 AM   #159
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
(((sigh))) All my peeps have abandoned me! For crying out loud. .it's 9:00 in the morning and no one has checked in since last night. .. . we should all be revved up and raring to go! Come on . .let's roll. .

I'm eating eggs and hot sauce right now. . What about you. . .?
I know!! It's debressing!!
I'm eating 2 HB eggs!!!...oh and drinkin tea!!
Old 12-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I know!! It's debressing!!
I'm eating 2 HB eggs!!!...oh and drinkin tea!!
I'm debressed about it it too.. . you're killing me. . . but ya know. . laughing is great for burning those calories. .so sit back and have a good one!!!

GT thanks for checking in. . On my lunch break now.. Eating cabbage casserole (don't ask!!).. Still on Target. . think I'll weigh in on Wednesday or Thursday. .

OK. .back to work ..
Old 12-07-2010, 12:05 PM   #161
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy SAHM
Stats: 5'5" 223/197/140 ish
WOE: Atkins 72'
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Just a question for all those Stillman's Veterans who've experienced weight losses, what does a typical daily menu look like for you? Any tips for having prepared meat on hand?

Do any of you use packaged cheese slices (like pepperjack or swiss) on your burgers or grilled chicken breast. Also, do you use Frank's hot sauce and still lose?

Thanks for any menu suggestions. It's very inspiring to hear your success stories!
Happy SAHM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Thanks you all that congratulated me on my breast reduction surgery. I am really looking forward to it (well, after it is all over).

Tommorrow I have my preop appt and hopefully they won't weigh me again! I am making sure that I stay on track in case they do!

Today I had 2 hard boiled eggs, and chicken breast. I need to drink more water though.
I plan on doing my calenectics and trampoline this evening... I am waking up hungry though in the nightime... only because of the possible weighin.

Veeh; The most important thing is to eat enough. And to be sure to drink all your water. I wound up thinking that eating three hard boiled eggswas enough and thats when you ruin your metabolism. Also writing it down, even on the forum will help with accountability. Don't be afraid to use some herbs on your chicken, and I use pink Hymalayn salt only because it is less fluid retention.

Getting there; I have been using the Calenetics for about 2-3 months now. I truly believe it has helped me lose inches. Also, it is great for strectching. She also takes it very nice and slow which is why I enjoy doing it in the evenings as a relaxer. It will be amazing how fast you will get results! I regret not taking my measurements before and after! It can be helpful if you do it every other day so you don't get your muscles burned out. However it can be addictive... the stretches at least! The pelvic rolls are the hardest. I dread those! Let me know how you are doing with it!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

CC: Did you get that beautiful jacket you were bidding for?
Old 12-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Happy; Never use Deli meats, and I even have stayed away from Kosher hot dogs due to the sodium content. I always slow cook my meat, except if I have a turkey burger, then I just use water in a fry pan.
As far as cheese goes, Stillman says you can have 2 oz, and I have in the past, but you will lose faster without it. When I feel like cheating, I will have 2% Alpine Lace brand chedder, and it has gotten me through a few rough times in the beginning, and I used the pre-sliced type, which are 1 oz a peice. But now I do not use any cheese due to the fact that I know it has a small amount of morphine in it and can be addictive. (thanks to CC's informative article search) It did get me through advancing on the diet in the first few months.

Also, I am looking forward to being on maintenance in the next week or so (after my breast reduction surgery) and will add the Alpine Lace back in slowly but with some lo carb veggies. Remember too, that cheese has a ton of salt, so if you are prone to water weight gain, be cautious.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Eating cabbage casserole (don't ask!!)..
I wont!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #166
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Habby--Wecome! A tybical day for me if I'm doing QWL by the book would be 2HB eggs for breakfast, grilled turey breast for lunch and a can of tuna for dinner, and if I was hungry in between I would eat another turkey breast or can of tuna. I never eat the cheese, I think there's too much fat in it. I know Still. says you can have farmers cheese but I don't know what it is! I tried cottage cheese once-yuk!! I do sometimes eat bre-bracked ham or turkey if there's nothing else or if I just fancy a change but it's not reccommended because of the sodium. And then if you really want a treat there's ground beef (yum!) don't think the Dr. would have abbroved tho cos it's very high in fat.
The most imortant thing with QWL is to eat clean and lean, at least as much as you can-that way you will lose the quickest!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 12-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #167
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Anthing! I've done 6hrs of Callanetics so far. Haven't noticed anything yet. Think I'm being a bit imbatient! I've been doing it everyday. I've also been doing The Bar Method-I much brefer it, and Tracey Anderson's Mat Workout everyday. And I still do Bilates-tho not everyday now.They are all quite simiar tho. But they all bromise what I want-a long lean dancer's body(tho with way skinnier arms!!)!! I wish!!! I find the stretches on the bar thee worst!! I'm the obbosite of stretchy!!And I reallt wonder how those ab exercises can work!!
I've taken every single measurement tho so we'll see!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
IM, how long did your "stint" last? I'm glad I caught mine too, before I gained everything back! Down to 172.8 today from 185

Quote:
Hey I did good again today!! I"m proud of myself. . For the first time in a long time, I feel like I have a handle on my out-of-control-ness! Whew. . that was one long stint. . I hope it goes away forever and ever.. I had being out of control. The only thing I can say is . . at least I got it back before I gained every single pound back. .Hopefully this time sticks! Sayed below my point value today (really not supposed to) but I'm satisfied with what I've eaten. .why push it? I did have tuna for lunch and eggs for breakfast.. Some habits are hard to break. . Dinner was roast and green beans / cucumbers. . I skipped the potatoes. . Yay, me! Didn't miss them

Al. . I need you to get into the grove. . I hate when you aren't checking in. . I know what that means. . Come visit us. . you must post something every day. . we have to hear from you. .

Gwn. .you too. .I hope today went better for you. The cravings should be subsiding

CC - Going to check out ebay right now. .
(((Yawn))) I really should be in bed. tired today
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi Habby--Wecome! A tybical day for me if I'm doing QWL by the book would be 2HB eggs for breakfast, grilled turey breast for lunch and a can of tuna for dinner, and if I was hungry in between I would eat another turkey breast or can of tuna. I never eat the cheese, I think there's too much fat in it. I know Still. says you can have farmers cheese but I don't know what it is! I tried cottage cheese once-yuk!! I do sometimes eat bre-bracked ham or turkey if there's nothing else or if I just fancy a change but it's not reccommended because of the sodium. And then if you really want a treat there's ground beef (yum!) don't think the Dr. would have abbroved tho cos it's very high in fat.
The most imortant thing with QWL is to eat clean and lean, at least as much as you can-that way you will lose the quickest!
Farmers cheese is good, it's mild like mozzarella and it gets chewy like mozzarella if you warm it up over a burger... Just had some I think it might not be super easy to find but I live by the Amish and they make it so I have easy access to it. If you like mozz or provolone, you'll like farmers cheese.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:47 PM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi ladies. Just a quick check in, scale was the same today 172.8 but that's over 10lbs in less than a week. Just finished with dinner of 3 burger patties w/ 2 slices of farmers cheese between them, wrapped in lettuce with one sliced plum tomato between them. I skipped lunch because I was out and unable to eat and breakfast was 2 eggs and 3 slices of bacon. I'm pampering myself at the salon tomorrow Not that I can really afford it with xmas around the corner. Oh and I went to an auction today to buy some jewelry to sell on eBay and I bought a box lot of vintage corsets. I've never owned a corset before but always wanted one anyway, omg I tried one on and wow, just wow. Ha, except my boobs were a little too big for it but I think corsets are beautiful and now I'm going to pick my favorite out of the lot and sell the rest.

So it was 34 degrees here today or 1 degree celsius and I kinda wanted to cry!! It's not warming up anytime soon but at least we don't have snow! My skin is soo dry though. Usually this time of year, I am *never* dieting... It's always been an excuse to be fat because I fool myself into thinking that I can just hide under sweaters and my big winter coat but this year, idk, I'm feeling so much better now that I'm back on plan, because now I can concentrate on just being depressed about the cold weather instead of being depressed about the cold weather AND being so uncomfortably fat! It's really a relief...
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 12-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

IM2: I love your ice skating Kitty! She is sooo cute! I am glad you are back on track with your woe. I can not believe you lost 10 lbs practically overnight! It was unbelievable!

Getting there: I didn't do calenetics for about 2 weeks, and I could sense a difference in my flexibility. Hey, I have never been able to touch my toes in my entire life!! So I know what it means not to be a rubber band! I think you will hit your successes (actually seeing results) in about 10 sessions. But did you see the model on the DVD that showed 19 sessions of progress? That is when she could most likely see really definite results, but as you see in the progression, it was staying with it that got her to that point. Have you actually measured yourself? You are doing a LOT of exercise! Are you doing this all in one day???
Old 12-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Gwen; So are you close to the weight you were before you left? I know you will get there! Your entire body is readjusting to a whole different time frame, sleep etc... so be patient. I am battling three pounds, the same three pounds in the last 2-3 weeks! I just can not give up!
Old 12-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Gwen; So are you close to the weight you were before you left? I know you will get there! Your entire body is readjusting to a whole different time frame, sleep etc... so be patient. I am battling three pounds, the same three pounds in the last 2-3 weeks! I just can not give up!
Not really, I was 159 when I left... Around 165 when I got back 6 weeks later then got out of control after getting back to the states, eating everything in sight and no exercise and put on the other 20lbs in like a month! And I am sorry you are battling those pesky three pounds. Sending whoosh fairy wishes your way!
Old 12-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
CC! Can you just box it all up and send it to my house? Please? I had to put most of mine away for the time being. my boys were breaking too many of the pieces and when I found out they were discontinued, I bought some clear glass dishes to use everyday. . I used to live by the outlet mall and was able to pick up different items here and there. .but I'm a sucker for serving platters and bowls, etc. . Don't know why. . I haven't cooked in over a year! Actually, I dusted off some cookbooks yesterday and took some meat out!
IM, do you have an account with USPS/Fedex/UPS? With USPS Priority Mail Click n Ship, you can create a label from yourself but using my zip code (no address disclosure-not that I care) shipping to yourself and scan and email it to me.
I will have to wait until all of the auctions are over, then what ever doen't sell I will gladly give you. Just pick up the shipping.
Do you need four cups and saucers? They are going directly to the Salvation Army-cups and saucers hardly ever sell. I can dig them out of the donations load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
CC: Did you get that beautiful jacket you were bidding for?
OMG yes, I wish I could show you all a pic of it, it's a lined heavy black tab collar moto cafe racer style with zip sleeves. Just like the 2500 Ralph Lauren one but real bike duty leather, not fashion lightweight.
I got her for 30 bux.
__________________________________________________ __________

saw this on the news tonight-if you don't donate your clothing to a cause then here is one for you.

How is Soles4Souls Green?
We offer a simple way to help reduce the strain on our environment: donate your "gently worn" footwear to people in need instead of throwing them away. Last year alone, Americans discarded more than 300 million pairs of shoes. When these shoes break down in our landfills, the toxic glue that holds the shoes together can leak into our water supply and atmosphere.

Soles4Souls can save your shoes from early death by cleaning them and shipping them to needy people around the world, who will treasure the gift for years to come. Since its inception following the Asian tsunami, Soles4Souls has distributed nearly 12 million pairs to people in 125 countries, and our efforts have been publicized in thousands of articles, including the Green Guide by National Geographic and Runner's World.

Most of our closets are filled with shoes we rarely wear. Instead of dropping the unwanted pairs in the trash, consider stopping by a local shoe retailer in exchange for a discount on a new pair of shoes. In addition to this program, Soles4Souls hosts thousands of collection events across North America, including marathons, schools, churches and more.

Soles4Souls | A Shoe Charity Recycling Shoes For People In Need

Last edited by CCGirl; 12-07-2010 at 04:43 PM..
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Hi ladies. Just a quick check in, scale was the same today 172.8 but that's over 10lbs in less than a week. Just finished with dinner of 3 burger patties w/ 2 slices of farmers cheese between them, wrapped in lettuce with one sliced plum tomato between them. I skipped lunch because I was out and unable to eat and breakfast was 2 eggs and 3 slices of bacon. I'm pampering myself at the salon tomorrow Not that I can really afford it with xmas around the corner. Oh and I went to an auction today to buy some jewelry to sell on eBay and I bought a box lot of vintage corsets. I've never owned a corset before but always wanted one anyway, omg I tried one on and wow, just wow. Ha, except my boobs were a little too big for it but I think corsets are beautiful and now I'm going to pick my favorite out of the lot and sell the rest.

So it was 34 degrees here today or 1 degree celsius and I kinda wanted to cry!! It's not warming up anytime soon but at least we don't have snow! My skin is soo dry though. Usually this time of year, I am *never* dieting... It's always been an excuse to be fat because I fool myself into thinking that I can just hide under sweaters and my big winter coat but this year, idk, I'm feeling so much better now that I'm back on plan, because now I can concentrate on just being depressed about the cold weather instead of being depressed about the cold weather AND being so uncomfortably fat! It's really a relief...
Ooooooooh Gwn, do tell us your seller ID!!!!!!!!!!

I feeel your pain about the time of year-I haveb't run in a week (blew out ankle) and it's so friggin cold!
And I am sick of my winter coats-all huge and black to hide under....I just gave away a nice Larry Levine microfiber 3/4 length lined coat....so tenty looking.
I am stalking a Ralph Lauren tan houndstooth check tailored 3/4 length at my local TJMaxx........2 weeks ago it was 109 and Saturday it was 79.......they have two left so I am rolling the dice to see how low they will go before thay are gone......

You will be back to pre vaca weight in no time.........what are you doing about the biking? Are you still riding to work? In this weather that takes huge balls...

Last edited by CCGirl; 12-07-2010 at 05:03 PM..
Old 12-07-2010, 05:00 PM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

anybody doing these yet?

I may be taking the plunge soon.........
Old 12-07-2010, 05:29 PM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

An old, blind cowboy wanders into an all-girl biker bar by mistake.

He finds his way to a bar stool and orders a shot of Jack Daniels.
After sitting there for a while, he yells to the bartender, 'Hey, you wanna hear a blonde joke?'

The bar immediately falls absolutely silent.

In a very deep, husky voice, the woman next to him says,

'Before you tell that joke, Cowboy, I think it is only fair,Given that you are blind, that you should know five things:

1. The bartender is a blonde girl with a baseball bat. GWN

2. The bouncer is a blonde girl. CCgirl

3. I'm a 6-foot tall, 175-pound blonde woman with a black belt in karate. makemeslim

4. The woman sitting next to me is blonde and a professional weight lifter. GT (lifts keyboards then rips them to shreds) :wink:

5. The lady to your right is blonde and a professional wrestler. Aleriaa wrangling thse kids

Now, think about it seriously, Cowboy. Do you still wanna tell that blonde joke?'

The blind cowboy thinks for a second, shakes his head and mutters, 'No...not if I'm gonna have to explain it five times.'

Last edited by CCGirl; 12-07-2010 at 05:32 PM..
Old 12-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LMAO CCgirl, you crack me up!! Great (personalized) joke

I love that houndstooth coat, one of my favorite patterns. I have a pair of boots just like those in the picture but this girl here is not confident on heels! IDK, when you slim down, does balancing on heels become easier? That bike is parked for the winter. 2 Saturdays ago was my last ride and as I was biking home, tears coming down my eyes, freezing to my cheeks, teeth chattering, knuckles cracking, I cursed the whole way home vowing to park it for the season and so it sits

Anyone take advantage of those cyber Monday sales?? I got my nieces their xmas gifts and a comforter set w/ matching drapes for someone else, it was ilke 70% off through Kohls website plus free shipping.

By the way, if anyone wants to exchange facebooks, PM me your link and I'll add ya. I know some peeps like to keep things separate and anonymous but I like you ladies and I don't ever, well almost never talk about my weight on facebook anyway so it's completely separate from here.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
IM, how long did your "stint" last? I'm glad I caught mine too, before I gained everything back! Down to 172.8 today from 185
Gwn. . I guess I was having sympathy (or jealousy).. pains while you were gone. . I was in and out of control the whole entire time! Just hated it. . glad you are back . now I can get back on plan! Now.. if only Al, Nermo, Yam. Cave gal. . would show up.. life would be good.

Let's promise to see each other to goal..
Old 12-07-2010, 07:34 PM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
anybody doing these yet?

I may be taking the plunge soon.........
OOo.. another 10 pounds and I may just have to try them. .