Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 05:43 AM   #781
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
GT, I am working on some new jeans....so nice to grab a nine and know they will fit....will have to try on those stretch eights I got a month back. I really didn't want to invest in new ones cuz I'd rather just skip to a seven or six, but I will be happy with what I am.....for now.

Becks, your boys sing like angels! And you look so nice! It must have been cold cuz you had on so many layers.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2010, 05:48 AM   #782
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
I can't see the singing angels.. (at work. .) shushh dont' tell anyone. .
Trying to keep it all together. .just one of those days, ya know. .I ate dessert for breakfast :-( It was on-plan. .but not planned. .I counted it and shall continue on my day but for some reason feeling sluggish. . See . . Sugar/carbs = bad. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:32 AM   #783
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/192/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Becky--your boys are too cute!!!! And you look sooo slim!! I don't think you need to lose anything more! Thank you for sharing!!
Why thank you GT!! There was a time I thought I'd be happy if I could just get in the 180's!!! I must admit, seeing your stats makes me wonder if I could get as light as you are...but I think if I can make 145...I can fluctuate between 145 - 150. But seeing you're taller than I am...and looking so great at 126ish...does give me something to think about !
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:35 AM   #784
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

Becks, your boys sing like angels! And you look so nice! It must have been cold cuz you had on so many layers.
THanks CC! I was kind of hot! Mississippi weather is so crazy...we'll be in the 30's one day...and in the 70's the next!

I needed a red & black outfit for another occasion...and that was my first time to wear a hat. I loved wearing the hat! I may get some more...it's great for a bad hair day!
Old 12-22-2010, 07:36 AM   #785
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Trying to keep it all together. .just one of those days, ya know. .I ate dessert for breakfast :-( It was on-plan. .but not planned. .I counted it and shall continue on my day but for some reason feeling sluggish. . See . . Sugar/carbs = bad. .
Well, if it was on plan...you are still doing great! This time of year...it's hard!
Old 12-22-2010, 07:58 AM   #786
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
THanks CC! I was kind of hot! Mississippi weather is so crazy...we'll be in the 30's one day...and in the 70's the next!

I needed a red & black outfit for another occasion...and that was my first time to wear a hat. I loved wearing the hat! I may get some more...it's great for a bad hair day!
Oh, sweet...a southern belle! You should add your location in your stats/profile info. Mom's a huge hat fan....fair skin and southrne Florida. Nobody does them up here, least the fashionable ones...just when it's cold then the knit caps come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
don't look back.....remember, relax, it's the holidays!
Old 12-22-2010, 08:37 AM   #787
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Why thank you GT!! There was a time I thought I'd be happy if I could just get in the 180's!!! I must admit, seeing your stats makes me wonder if I could get as light as you are...but I think if I can make 145...I can fluctuate between 145 - 150. But seeing you're taller than I am...and looking so great at 126ish...does give me something to think about !
Yeah we're never happy!! I wanted to be 154--then thought 133 would be my ultimate!! Now at 126 ish-as you say--too funny!!- I really really want to be 112. And my secret, really really wish and pray for weight is 105. Not sure how realistic that is, though I am very small-boned so maybe!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #788
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy SAHM
Stats: 5'5" 224/179/140 ish
WOE: Atkins 72'
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Very cold here in upstate New York today. Busy finishing preparations for Christmas as I'm sure many of you are as well. It's like the North Pole here at my house. I've got four little elves here underfoot ("helping me"), 4, 3, 2, and 5 months. My husband and I do Christmas BIG and it's a very fun and exciting time for our family.

This was my 2nd week on plan and when I weighed Monday, I had only lost 1.5 lbs. Not quite the loss I was hoping for, but maybe my body needs to catch up with the 11 lbs I lost the first week. I have done well with my food choices and kept it clean for the most part (had a few handful of nuts and some cheese slices for snacks), and my ketone stix have consistently been bright purple, so I know I must be in ketosis. I have to up my water intake and just stick to eating clean and I remain confident the scale will go down. I hoped to lose another 10 or more before New Years, but that doesn't seem feasible now.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on cooking chicken or pork chops so they are a little tastier, yet still legal under Stillmans? I'd love some great recipes. Crockpot has become my new best friend!

Becky...I loved your video...your boys sing very well and you look fabulous. You should be very proud.
Happy SAHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #789
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy SAHM View Post
Hi Everyone,

Very cold here in upstate New York today. Busy finishing preparations for Christmas as I'm sure many of you are as well. It's like the North Pole here at my house. I've got four little elves here underfoot ("helping me"), 4, 3, 2, and 5 months. My husband and I do Christmas BIG and it's a very fun and exciting time for our family.

This was my 2nd week on plan and when I weighed Monday, I had only lost 1.5 lbs. Not quite the loss I was hoping for, but maybe my body needs to catch up with the 11 lbs I lost the first week. I have done well with my food choices and kept it clean for the most part (had a few handful of nuts and some cheese slices for snacks), and my ketone stix have consistently been bright purple, so I know I must be in ketosis. I have to up my water intake and just stick to eating clean and I remain confident the scale will go down. I hoped to lose another 10 or more before New Years, but that doesn't seem feasible now.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on cooking chicken or pork chops so they are a little tastier, yet still legal under Stillmans? I'd love some great recipes. Crockpot has become my new best friend!

Becky...I loved your video...your boys sing very well and you look fabulous. You should be very proud.
OMG Happy where are you? I am near Lake George!
Old 12-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #790
Senior LCF Member

CC - we are neighbors..I am just South of you in Clifton Park.

What a coincidence! Maybe I'll see you shopping in the Meat Dept! LOL
Old 12-22-2010, 04:59 PM   #791
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

OMG Happy where are you? I am near Lake George!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #792
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al I need your help...........I am ripping a DVD to my C drive and I'm not sure how to burn it to a disc..........ask or answer what program do I use for the burn? Thanks.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #793
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

cancel Al..I think I got it...........goddess bless you and your geek! OMG your kids are so smart, you will just have to get them cars for 15 and 16!
Old 12-23-2010, 04:50 AM   #794
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: VeeH
Hi, all! Finally in CA, but had a heck of a time getting here due to mechanical malfunction in Las Vegas (4-hour delay!). I've had a hard time adjusting to the time change--that's why I've been up since 4 a.m., after taking a much needed "nap" from 3-6 yesterday. Anyway, my food's been mostly Atkins instead of Stillman's--Grandma's food is just too good--and I have not overindulged on anything. My weight remains stable--still hasn't budged from that initial 7-pound loss--which is fine with me until after the holidays.

Anyway, just wanted to check in!

I'll be back to visit later, as this is my life-line!
VeeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:00 AM   #795
Major LCF Poster!

HappySAHM, thank you for the compliment!

Vee, sounds like you are doing great! maintaining a loss a a great accomplishment!

Well friends...I woke up to a two pound loss this morning. I am still a little in shock!!

I know this is TMI, but we share everything here, right?? I started snacking on different types of cheeses...and I guess I overdid it ... because I found myself VERY constipated. I'm used to not "going" very often since starting "mainly meat"...but it was different because my tummy was hurting a little and I felt like I needed to...but couldn't.

Well, to thankfully make a l----o----n---g story short, haha....I finally had relief last night. (My behind is still sore...haha) And woke up with a two pound loss.

I'm so close to the 140's...I can hardly believe it!!!!!!!!

In 1995, (on WW -- the fat and fiber plan, I don't know if they have that one anymore) I lost down to 147...then immediately got pregnant...and NEVER saw that again!

Until now!!!

I'm just so thrilled...I used to think something along the lines of, "the best gift I could give myself is to get in better shape and lose weight" ... but it seemed so impossible. Now I'm almost there!

Thank you all for taking me in back in June...what a great place of support and commraderie ...( I know I mispelled that...sorry)

I think I'll go heat up a slap of ribeye...haha...I'm layin off the cheese...even though it didn't make me gain.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #796
Big Yapper!!!!

[QUOTE=becky123abc;14196775]
Well friends...I woke up to a two pound loss this morning. I am still a little in shock!!
QUOTE]

|'m jealous!!!
Old 12-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #797
Major LCF Poster!

[quote=Getting there!!!;14198006]
Quote:
QUOTE]

|'m jealous!!!
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful! Bwaaaaahhaaaaaahaaaaaaa!
Old 12-23-2010, 04:43 PM   #798
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[quote=becky123abc;14198055]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful! Bwaaaaahhaaaaaahaaaaaaa!
yer killin' me................. go you!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just happy I'm not gaining at this point..........I threw the rumballs away last night after my daily allowance of two.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:39 AM   #799
Senior LCF Member

Becky,

Congratulations on the 2 lb loss and even moreso on reaching ever-nearer your goal! You've really lost well since June! I'd love to know what you're daily diet/menu has looked like to achieve such a great loss, especially in your first few months? Would you mind sharing? I'm right around where you started now and would like to see 150 by May? Clearly, you're proof it can be done! Great job!!!!

PS: Two years ago, I lost 42 lbs on low carb, but like you, got pregnant immediately with #4 and never saw those numbers again (I got down to 160).

Blessings to all of you for a very Happy Holiday!
Old 12-24-2010, 06:38 AM   #800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Awww. .the sacrifices we make for mother hood. . I can relate. Number 4 did me in, too. . still working on it though. . I shall never give up.

Just wanted to wish Everyone a Merry Christmas. I know its a busy time of year, but we need to make sure to take care of ourselves, too. And. . don't worry about a little slip up. . Its time to concentrate on family and the reason for the season. . (and it's not food!!!). . I have to get my hiney in gear this morning . .so much to do. . so much to do. .

Have a great one. .I'm sure i'll check in later. . by the way. .yesterday was an opps day for me but I think I'll concentrate on getting my water in and doing some meat!
Old 12-24-2010, 10:20 AM   #801
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
I am amazed I am still at 153.8 lbs. I sooo want to be at 145 so i can just work on maintenance, with out a lot to exercise due to recouping from this breast surgery, it is more difficult. I am going to get to drinking my water again, which I had not done all week, in that post surgery I was just not running around and it was hard to guzzle that stuff! I guess I really pampered myself ... now I can walk for 20 minutes and go up to 30 minutes (and I will do that, but 2x a day!) DH wants me to "eat normally" on Christmas, but there is a new normal for me! And if I was at 150 instead of 153.8, I would. If I lose a couple of lbs tommorrow, then I might eat a very small sample of whatever it is he thinks I should eat... So I need to go for a walk, and also drink all my water and not eat after 3pm. Then we shall see what happens tommorrow morning. I really need to get back to being strict. I am too close to 145 to blow it.

I am looking forward to getting new blouses. Right now it is depressing to wear baggy clothes (baggy old clothes) after all the work I have done, plus the breast reduction. Hopefully my check will come today so that I can do some after Christmas sales shopping.

I too, have felt vulnerable to the Christmas spirit of indulging in sweets, yet, how is that going to help my body heal from surgery? It won't! And the enduring reason to get myself healed must be at the forefront of my stragegy!

Plus, if I am going to be 150 in order to go clothes shopping (I said I would go within 5lbs of being on goal this last summer) I need to be really with it. I have always sabotoged my wieght! No more!

Becky; I loved the youtube!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #802
Senior LCF Member

Hear! Hear! I have also had my share of sweets and carbs these past few days, but I will NOT self-sabotage! Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!

XOXO,
V.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:07 PM   #803
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi everyone!!! Just wanna wish everyone a Happy Christmas!!!!
Old 12-24-2010, 02:08 PM   #804
Big Yapper!!!!

PS--I've just eaten a mini eclaire----was that bold???!!!!!...............don't answer!!!
Old 12-24-2010, 09:30 PM   #805
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, I had my wild day...I'm planning to be back on meat tomorrow!

I had a little bit of EVERYTHING tonight!

I don't EVEn want to get on the scale tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of this holiday weekend!
Old 12-25-2010, 05:40 AM   #806
Senior LCF Member

Merry Christmas, everyone! I just wanted to say thank you for all your support this holiday season. I will enjoy my day today, including eating off-plan (but nothing too excessive) and being with my husband and family, and then tomorrow it's back on track to lose before my trip to New Orleans (the 3rd) and thereafter into the new year. I have been going to the gym for an hour everyday, but I don't think it's enough to counter the damage I'm sure I've done, but I know it will come off easily once I switch back to plan.

Enjoy your families and friends and the holiday cheer!

Best,
Vee
Old 12-25-2010, 02:50 PM   #807
Major LCF Poster!

It feels good to be back on meat. My Christmas Ribeye was delicous.

I ate so many goodies yesterday...it was yummy...but I'm glad to be clean now.

I hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas. If you have eaten sweets & carbs...that's ok...just don't stay there!

I always get the Christmas blues a little...when the presents are all opened and everyone goes home. I had a sweet time with family...and realize more and more how little material things mean...and how much relationships do mean. Priceless!!

And you all have enriched my life so...I love my LCF!!
Old 12-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #808
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Merry Christmas, y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am cleaning out my inbox and ran across a few beauties-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paddy goes to the Vet with his goldfish. "I think it's got epilepsy" he tells the Vet.

The Vet takes a look and says, "It seems calm enough to me."

Paddy says, "I haven't taken it out of the bowl yet."
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --

Paddy spies a letter lying on his doormat. Printed on the envelope is,"DO NOT BEND."

Paddy spends the next 2 hours trying to figure out how to pick the bloody thing up.

Paddy shouts frantically into the phone "My wife is pregnant, and her contractions are only two minutes apart!"

"Is this her first child?" asks the Doctor.

"No", shouts Paddy, "this is her husband!"

Paddy was driving home, drunk as a skunk. Suddenly he has to swerve to avoid a tree, then another, then another.

A Cop car pulls him over as he veers about all over the road.

Paddy tells the Cop about all the trees in the road.

The Cop says, "For gods sake Paddy, that's your air freshener swinging about!"
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---

An old Irish farmer's dog goes missing, and he's inconsolable.

His wife says "Why don't you put an advert in the paper?"

He does. But two weeks later the dog is still missing.

"What did you put in the paper?" his wife asks.

"Here boy," he replies.
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ----

Paddy's in jail. The Guard looks in his cell and sees Paddy hanging by his feet.

"What the hell you doing?" he asks.

"Hanging myself," Paddy replies.

"It should be around your neck," says the Guard.

"I know," says Paddy "but I couldn't breathe."
Old 12-25-2010, 04:46 PM   #809
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

news of note.........

"Walking slows progression of Alzheimer's" (Eurekalert [American
Association for the Advancement of Science], Nov. 29, 2010).
Walking slows progression of Alzheimer's

"Light exercise may prevent osteoarthritis" (Eurekalert [American
Association for the Advancement of Science], Nov. 29, 2010).
Light exercise may prevent osteoarthritis

"Lifestyle Key to Preventing Stroke, Guidelines Say," by Steven Reinberg
(HealthDay, December 2, 2010).
HealthDay Articles

"Living in certain neighborhoods increases the chances older men and
women will develop cancer" (University of Michigan news release via
Eurekalert [American Association for the Advancement of Science], Dec. 8,
2010).
Living in certain neighborhoods increases the chances older men and women will develop cancer

"Aromatase inhibitors increased risk of heart disease in
postmenopausal women with breast cancer" (Eurekalert [American Association
for the Advancement of Science], Dec. 9, 2010).
Aromatase inhibitors increased risk of heart disease in postmenopausal women with breast cancer

"Indian [India] study reveals that three quarters of hip fracture
patients are vitamin D deficient" (International Osteoporosis Foundation
news release via Eurekalert [American Association for the Advancement of
Science], Dec. 13, 2010).
Detail | Media Releases | Media | International Osteoporosis Foundation IOF

"What's Good for Heart May Also Be Good for Brain," by Ellin Holohan
(_HealthDay_, December 13, 2010).
HealthDay Articles
Old 12-25-2010, 08:43 PM   #810
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Becky,

Congratulations on the 2 lb loss and even moreso on reaching ever-nearer your goal! You've really lost well since June! I'd love to know what you're daily diet/menu has looked like to achieve such a great loss, especially in your first few months? Would you mind sharing? I'm right around where you started now and would like to see 150 by May? Clearly, you're proof it can be done! Great job!!!!

PS: Two years ago, I lost 42 lbs on low carb, but like you, got pregnant immediately with #4 and never saw those numbers again (I got down to 160).

Blessings to all of you for a very Happy Holiday!
Thank you for those kind words Happy! I have gone through several phases on this journey... I started off eating things like LF cottage cheese...and SF JEllo with maybe a little spray whipped cream on top...along with grilled chicken.
Then I started eaten a lot of fish (Gorton's Tilapia was a regular for a while) All along if eating out at a restaraunt I would get a ceasar salad (no croutons, dressing on the side) and/or steamed broccoli. (I still do that sometimes now)

I went through a 3 month phase of ingesting 2 TB of coconut oil twice a day. (I suspect that might have cleared my body of any yeast overgrowth, but I have no way to know for sure. I have had improvements of symptoms of candida though)

I have taken vitamins twice a day...everyday all along.

I drink tons of water...if I eat out I usually order diet coke, otherwise it's water.

About 3 or 4 months ago I started moving towards more fatty meat...I love ribeyes and t-bones that have fat on them. I know that isn't What Dr. Stillman recommended...he allows lean meats. But the fattier meat seems to hold me over longer and make me feel satisfied. I still drool just thinking about steak...I sometimes wonder if I will tire of it...but so far, it is my favorite food!

I know we all have to find what works best for us and we have to work with our own appetites...what appeals to that.

I think the key is staying in control. I have binged in the past and absolutely hated myself for having no self-control. But I've come to realize some of that was due to physical reactions going on...from the carbs and sugar...and maybe even from candida.

I feel like I will always have to be on guard...but eating mainly meat really seems to get me back behind the steering wheel...able to better control.

Stay in touch and let us know how you are doing. This is such a great group...amazing statistics here...it is very doable for yoU!!!