Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 08:57 AM   #751
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post

I see a lot of canned tuna in my future.
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2010, 08:58 AM   #752
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
then its agreed. No weighing until Christmas! Phew, Im off the hook!!!!
Me too!! the numbers would not be good!!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #753
Big Yapper!!!!

no green lights
Old 12-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #754
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Just call me the Grinch who stole Christmas, but is there anything I can say to help some of you not eat bunches of sugar? How about a sugar free candy cane, or hot peppermint tea with stevia, or a deviled egg with a pinch of no carb sugar, some salt and a splash of paprika (using mayo or better, cottage cheese for the inside filling). These are a few of my favorite comfort foods. Need crunchy? How about celery sticks in a bit of stir fry? Yummy! Dipped in Wasabi... nice and crunchy and warm! Sliced boneless chicken breast sliced like french fries and a no carb dip. Mmmm! Cold or hot is good! Just making small adjustments and I have lost a lb just laying around till I can do more after surgery... Don't let any "friends" tease you into just a bite of desert! They never worked harder than you have in losing weight, and though their intentions are based on socially acceptable reasons, staying slender means pushing away the traditions that got Americans in poor health to begin with... Okay that is my encouragement for the day... just want my lo carb sisters to know there are alternatives that every one of us can be reminded of... including me! Also, if you just KNOW you are going to eat a cookie, try a carb blocker... the white kidney bean phase 2 will be on the bottle. It will help with those sugar spikes and calorie restrictions... carry it in your purse just in case your friends obligate you to not be so "grinchy" during Christmas. I love you all! People, you have worked hard all year... or at least since Aug 2nd when I joined the group! Picture yourself slender and full of vitality for the coming year!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:59 PM   #755
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
AVG
Quote:
haha! I actually knew the answer to this one! I dont have to ask!
thanks Al, I knew you would..........I'm getting geekier with age......this summer I taught myself how to change a hard drive in a laptop and do a fresh install of an operating system.........dang, not bad for a redneck gal

Quote:
You had a little treat and still had some leftover to give away! You rock! Those rumballs would be history if they showed up on my doorstep these days!!! Your mom rocks too!
OMG it's a staring contest every day.........so far I've had anout ten of the rumballs and four slice of the fruitcake which I threw out yesterday.
I must confess I went to the rednck grocery on Sunday and they had cukes, tomatoes and bagged salad mix marked down and I gave in....so I'm calling it Atkins for the hols.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OK. .I was MIA yesterday. . I did go to a meeting but I was totally MMM. what the right word? Ticked off! Totally. . I really had to talk myself out of cheating! I mean. . if it wasn't for feeling 110% better. . I would have lost it. . I did go to the meeting feeling like I was 10 pounds lighter. . do you know what that stupid scale said? I lost .6. .what the hell is point 6 of a pound, anyway? I really tried to focus on the fact that I lost but it was difficult. . I even took off my belt, for goodness sakes!

OK. .I'm over it and am just reminding myself that I did not gain. . I am in control and I already feel better so I gotta be doing something positive. I just have to keep focused and remind myself that this is my choice and I need to make better choices. . each and every day. .

(and just so you know. . I am still at my famous set point weight where I have been stuck for months and months. . I think my body is really sad to get rid of its fat. .its too comfortable. . its too warm and its too cozy! I dont' wanna be warm and cozy. .>I wanna be skinny and cold. .
oh yes a skinny frigid beotch!!! Me too!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
O and for the record. .the topic was Holiday and weight gain. .Do you know the average person gains between 5 and 7 pounds (Heck, I can gain that during one meal!). .
How bout you guys? What are your plans?
LMAO at that one.......will tell you plans at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Al, thank you for the thoughts!

My bad news is that I was at my PERFECT goal weight the morning of the operation, and due to non-activity per Doc's orders, no thyroid herbs till Sunday, and a piece of pumpkin pie and about 15 Ritz crackers because I was high on drugs (really, pain killers), I gained four pounds since Wed morning at 5 am. So I am not going to eat after 4 pm, which is now... and I did take some herbs which won't hurt me, but will help my blood sugars.. which were great up till now.

Four lbs is not ten pounds, and I am going to get back on track! It is difficult not to be able to exercise it off, I have to stay still until next Wednesday, and another week before I can drive... So, I might just drink warm comforting tea for the next several days... since I am only going to be lying on the sofa anyway!!

Can you believe Becky123 that I made my goal weight (which I think is the same as yours) the MORNING of the operation? Now, I have to get back down there, and I will. I know now that I can...

I am going to start taking long walks after I see the Doc next Wednesday. I have to, or I will just backtrack! I am longing for new clothes, especially blouses!

The reduction is great! I feel a lot lighter, as if I really have lost 60 lbs, and I didn't feel that way before the reduction, I just felt fat! But now, at the same weight, I have an entire paradigm shift. It was worth losing the 60 lbs for this! And now, I want to lose 10 more lbs, well 14 lbs now... : ( But I will!

Mustard is GREAT for Tuna,,, Ditto! I am rambling and on drugs, so I will just voyer this evening... thank you all! Where is CC?
I'm here, and breathing a sigh of relief that all went well...... how much lighter are you? Were they really that big?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi peeps!!! Well I'm home--and going to bed!!! Spent 2 nights at Frannkfurt airport. Flights were cancelled. Got no info--had to kep queing up-getting boarding cards, going through security, sitting at the gate only to be told each time that nope the next flight was cancelled too. OMG it was horrible!! And then after finally getting a plane (they sent a huge one to take 4 loads of passengers home) we sat on the runway for 3 hours while they decided if we'd be allowed land in Dublin cos the weather was getting worse there. Think if the pilot had told us to get off the crew would have been lynched!!
Needless to say my Stillman's plan was non-existent!!! Twas stress-eating!!!
Going to bed now--haven't slept in 2 days!! Zzzzzzzz
I was worried about that-the news is horrifying, they have been covering it for awhile now. At least you're not in California worrying that your house will be swept away by mudslides...

Quote:
CC: Thanks for the videos. I bet you can sing like a pro! So, its not just flute, but your voice too that should be recorded! I just know it! Can you start on this in 2011 so that the world can experience your gift? A recording CD is a project, but hey, you could do it around womens issues, weight, self-esteem etc.. and have some of the proceeds go to womens shelters and such, which would be sooooo CC!
Gawd, you sound like my mom, my biggest fan. I can do Mariah, Whitney and even Barbra pretty well. And Faith Hill's Somewhere over the Rainbow. And Annie Lennox (Put A Little Love In Your Heart-we watched Scrooged Saturday night) I really wish I had taken those opera lessons when they were offered. I'm more of a shower singer. I couldn't do it live. And when I sing I'll be home for Christmas I burst into tears....I have been singing that every Christmas for twenty seven years and I'm still not living in FL with my mum. Someday........

Quote:
Rechecked and erased! I dont do anything that includes exercise. just kidding. anyone want to start a wall push up contest for 2011??
maybe I will have to see If I can do the one handed military style ones...way back when the weight bench was living room furniture

Quote:
confession. .I am so hanging my head in shame. . deep shame. .

I took the boys to get their picture today with Santa. .made them all dress up. . ties, shirts, etc. . so I promised them we could go for dessert afterwards. . Well. . I did it. and I did it up good. .

There is a resturant in town that makes the biggest ever Banana Splits you ever want to see. . Seriously. . there were 6 of us and I ordered 3. . we couldn't finish them they were so huge. .

The only thing I can say. . it was great to spend time with the boys and we all laughed and laughed when the little one got a brain freeze. I don't think he ever saw so much ice cream and fudge in his life!

That's all I have. . back on the wagon tomorrow. . Why do I let food dictate? Stupid. .stupid. .stupid. . .
Christ, it's CHRISTMAS! RELAX!

Quote:
nope!! Cos the stupid thing doesn't fit me anymore--and the last time I went to get it made smaller my other half was with me and the jeweller said to him--what are you doing with her, are you not feeding her!!! So himself was not impresed and took it off me!!
well, himself needs twenty lashings and then to mow the front yard-yours, not the house's.......

Quote:
Just call me the Grinch who stole Christmas, but is there anything I can say to help some of you not eat bunches of sugar? How about a sugar free candy cane, or hot peppermint tea with stevia, or a deviled egg with a pinch of no carb sugar, some salt and a splash of paprika (using mayo or better, cottage cheese for the inside filling). These are a few of my favorite comfort foods. Need crunchy? How about celery sticks in a bit of stir fry? Yummy! Dipped in Wasabi... nice and crunchy and warm! Sliced boneless chicken breast sliced like french fries and a no carb dip. Mmmm! Cold or hot is good! Just making small adjustments and I have lost a lb just laying around till I can do more after surgery... Don't let any "friends" tease you into just a bite of desert! They never worked harder than you have in losing weight, and though their intentions are based on socially acceptable reasons, staying slender means pushing away the traditions that got Americans in poor health to begin with... Okay that is my encouragement for the day... just want my lo carb sisters to know there are alternatives that every one of us can be reminded of... including me! Also, if you just KNOW you are going to eat a cookie, try a carb blocker... the white kidney bean phase 2 will be on the bottle. It will help with those sugar spikes and calorie restrictions... carry it in your purse just in case your friends obligate you to not be so "grinchy" during Christmas. I love you all! People, you have worked hard all year... or at least since Aug 2nd when I joined the group! Picture yourself slender and full of vitality for the coming year!
Oh girl DO tell us about carb blockers!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #756
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

our plans for Christmas have been the same for years.........we take a road trip to the geat metropolis, with a cooler of beer and a whiskey for me....then we go to Kmart....he doesn't like Target cuz they don't sell beer...then, after he has fortified himself, we go see my jeweler, a nice Lebanese boy....I hook him up when he needs car parts and he gives me a break on bling. This may be the year for Pandora..........although I haven't worn sterling in ages and made a pact with myself that I never would, but they are just sooooooo coooooooooool.........unless I see some nice ice, I will probably go with the Pandora.

Enough of that, what's everybody wearing?????????

Last edited by CCGirl; 12-20-2010 at 06:28 PM..
Old 12-20-2010, 09:14 PM   #757
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
[QUOTE=Anythingwilldo;14188777]Just call me the Grinch who stole Christmas, but is there anything I can say to help some of you not eat bunches of sugar? How about a sugar free candy cane, or hot peppermint tea with stevia, or a deviled egg with a pinch of no carb sugar, some salt and a splash of paprika (using mayo or better, cottage cheese for the inside filling). These are a few of my favorite comfort foods. Need crunchy? How about celery sticks in a bit of stir fry? Yummy! Dipped in Wasabi... nice and crunchy and warm! Sliced boneless chicken breast sliced like french fries and a no carb dip. Mmmm! Cold or hot is good! Just making small adjustments and I have lost a lb just laying around till I can do more after surgery... Don't let any "friends" tease you into just a bite of desert! They never worked harder than you have in losing weight, and though their intentions are based on socially acceptable reasons, staying slender means pushing away the traditions that got Americans in poor health to begin with... Okay that is my encouragement for the day... just want my lo carb sisters to know there are alternatives that every one of us can be reminded of... including me! Also, if you just KNOW you are going to eat a cookie, try a carb blocker... the white kidney bean phase 2 will be on the bottle. It will help with those sugar spikes and calorie restrictions... carry it in your purse just in case your friends obligate you to not be so "grinchy" during Christmas. I love you all! People, you have worked hard all year... or at least since Aug 2nd when I joined the group! Picture yourself slender and full of vitality for the coming year![/QUOTE

Anything! Love you. . Huggs. . Thank you for that . sincerely. . I can do this .. I know I can. I know I can. .]
Old 12-20-2010, 09:25 PM   #758
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
our plans for Christmas have been the same for years.........we take a road trip to the geat metropolis, with a cooler of beer and a whiskey for me....then we go to Kmart....he doesn't like Target cuz they don't sell beer...then, after he has fortified himself, we go see my jeweler, a nice Lebanese boy....I hook him up when he needs car parts and he gives me a break on bling. This may be the year for Pandora..........although I haven't worn sterling in ages and made a pact with myself that I never would, but they are just sooooooo coooooooooool.........unless I see some nice ice, I will probably go with the Pandora.

Enough of that, what's everybody wearing?????????
That's so awesome.. nothing like tradition. . we are staying home. playing with toys and slumming in Pj's! I cant wait..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:34 PM   #759
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
I get the carb blocker from Rite Aide. I don't know if I can say more than that... It has a purple cap. Anyway, I save it for emergencies... I don't depend on it so that I can eat any old way... It has been too long to be working hard for just a binge to bring us down. You take 2 just before you eat your heaviest carb meal and only take it 2x a day. Excersize really helps too... its what I miss the most in this operation.

There is a website called Collage Exercise Videos and you can preview them, plus they have reviews and also they have a no questions asked policy. They DO NOT have Calenetics though, which is still my fav. I have been sitting here for hours previewing these videos for the future... Still am not supposed to do a lot...

CC: To answer your question I was a Double D and I am less than a C now, because the girls do not fill up the cups. Sooo I KNEW you were a singer! I hope you can get to your Christmas dream destination... It sounds like you have a great family. And supporting your talent within yourself will help you lose weight as well. Think about that CD... I felt inspired to suggest it...

IM: I know you are going to make it allll the way!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:45 AM   #760
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

OMG it's a staring contest every day.........

Old 12-21-2010, 02:47 AM   #761
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I was worried about that-the news is horrifying, they have been covering it for awhile now. At least you're not in California worrying that your house will be swept away by mudslides...

Yeah there's always people worse off.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:48 AM   #762
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

well, himself needs twenty lashings and then to mow the front yard-yours, not the house's.......
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blus h::blush:
Old 12-21-2010, 03:01 AM   #763
Big Yapper!!!!

It's still snowing here!! Bored of it now!! I just can't stick the cold---I ust can't warm up!! It was -17c yesterday(1degreeF)--now peeps we never get temps like that! Put up the tree yesterday--so the house looks all Christmassy now!! Gonna have to go out to go pressie shopping-gonna look like a big snowman with all the clothes I'm wearing!!!
Started back 100% on QWL yesterday....but then had 4 fudgey candies--I'm with CC-relax it's Christmas!! I'm not gonna beat myself up about it--it's actually too hard to be 100% on plan this week(for me anyway!) so I'm just gonna do the best I can-keep it as lc as possible--but def not go mad--and keep my cals as low as I can---and come the 27th--that's it---back to it with no BLTs!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 12-21-2010, 05:37 AM   #764
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I get the carb blocker from Rite Aide. I don't know if I can say more than that... It has a purple cap. Anyway, I save it for emergencies... I don't depend on it so that I can eat any old way... It has been too long to be working hard for just a binge to bring us down. You take 2 just before you eat your heaviest carb meal and only take it 2x a day. Excersize really helps too... its what I miss the most in this operation.

There is a website called Collage Exercise Videos and you can preview them, plus they have reviews and also they have a no questions asked policy. They DO NOT have Calenetics though, which is still my fav. I have been sitting here for hours previewing these videos for the future... Still am not supposed to do a lot...

CC: To answer your question I was a Double D and I am less than a C now, because the girls do not fill up the cups. Sooo I KNEW you were a singer! I hope you can get to your Christmas dream destination... It sounds like you have a great family. And supporting your talent within yourself will help you lose weight as well. Think about that CD... I felt inspired to suggest it...

IM: I know you are going to make it allll the way!
Wow, I'll bet you can't wait to go bra shopping..and for tops and jackets! Everything will be enormous on you! I'm only a C and I still take a 14 in Ralph Lauren slim fit blouses cuz of the girls....I even thought that they were too small years back yep, himself is a boob man the 4" inseam miles of legs does nothing for him

Quote:
It's still snowing here!! Bored of it now!! I just can't stick the cold---I ust can't warm up!! It was -17c yesterday(1degreeF)--now peeps we never get temps like that! Put up the tree yesterday--so the house looks all Christmassy now!! Gonna have to go out to go pressie shopping-gonna look like a big snowman with all the clothes I'm wearing!!!
Started back 100% on QWL yesterday....but then had 4 fudgey candies--I'm with CC-relax it's Christmas!! I'm not gonna beat myself up about it--it's actually too hard to be 100% on plan this week(for me anyway!) so I'm just gonna do the best I can-keep it as lc as possible--but def not go mad--and keep my cals as low as I can---and come the 27th--that's it---back to it with no BLTs!!!
Amen....holidays should be enjoyed within your own comfort level....and trying to stay on a diet will mean feeling deprived, in diet as well as enjoying family, friends and the festivities. I like that plan GT-I'm in!

I knew you would LOL at the mow joke!
Old 12-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #765
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm on plan and smiling :-) .crossing my fingers it sticks through the night.. No tastes of anything other than the chicken I've lovingly prepared for my slew of men. . .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #766
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
hey Peeps! Would you beleive Im back on meat?!?! For real!!! 2 days!! Whoop! Whoop! Keepin it clean til 12/24. Can it get here already?!?!

Hugs to everyone! Gotta Run!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #767
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Changing stats. 134 today. hip hip hooray!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #768
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I'm on plan and smiling :-) .crossing my fingers it sticks through the night.. No tastes of anything other than the chicken I've lovingly prepared for my slew of men. . .
Good you!!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:19 PM   #769
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
hey Peeps! Would you beleive Im back on meat?!?! For real!!! 2 days!! Whoop! Whoop! Keepin it clean til 12/24. Can it get here already?!?!

Hugs to everyone! Gotta Run!!
Good you too!!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:19 PM   #770
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Changing stats. 134 today. hip hip hooray!!
The queen of the whoosh!!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:20 PM   #771
Big Yapper!!!!

I ate a slice of chocolate log.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:24 PM   #772
Big Yapper!!!!

Now before you kick me off the thread alltogether--in fairness all I ate today was an egg for breakfast and a can of tuna for lunch.....and the cake!!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:31 PM   #773
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/200/160 5'5.5"
[quote=Getting there!!!;14188391]
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post

GT, I'm so sorry you had to go through that airline ordeal...that sounds like a nightmare...I'd be finding the nearest pretzel booth! haha

QUOTE]

I did!!!!!!!!!!
HAhahahaahaha!!!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:32 PM   #774
Major LCF Poster!

[quote=Getting there!!!;14188435]
Quote:

I was eating cupcakes Thursday night...

QUOTE]

snap!!!! So was I---a big chocolate muffin with gooey stuff in the middle from Starbucks!!
In my defense I didn't finish it!!

Actually, it was Friday night I ate the cupcakes...the one my son noticed my happiness!hahaha
Old 12-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #775
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Wow, I'll bet you can't wait to go bra shopping..and for tops and jackets! Everything will be enormous on you! I'm only a C and I still take a 14 in Ralph Lauren slim fit blouses cuz of the girls....I even thought that they were too small years back yep, himself is a boob man the 4" inseam miles of legs does nothing for him

Amen....holidays should be enjoyed within your own comfort level....and trying to stay on a diet will mean feeling deprived, in diet as well as enjoying family, friends and the festivities. I like that plan GT-I'm in!

I knew you would LOL at the mow joke!
Yep, obesity is not a nation-"WIDE" hahah problem because folks pig out on holidays...we are a fat nation because we pig out ALL the time.

But, maybe we have found the secret to mean and lean...eat boring 80-90% of the time...
Old 12-21-2010, 03:37 PM   #776
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yay for you IM!!! That's a great feeling to know you stayed in control!!
Old 12-21-2010, 05:17 PM   #777
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I ate a slice of chocolate log.
OMG you would not believe the jokes that are coming to mind after reading that.........as in, is her DH a large dark individual?

Quote:
Yep, obesity is not a nation-"WIDE" hahah problem because folks pig out on holidays...we are a fat nation because we pig out ALL the time.

But, maybe we have found the secret to mean and lean...eat boring 80-90% of the time...
LOL

sometimes boring....believe it or not I have the fat fast ready to go and all I wanted to eat today was meat..I had 90% lean burgers ready to go....didn't even want eggs for brekkie so I had FF cottage cheese.I'm like the only one on the planet who loves it..........you all should try it over salad with FF Catalina dressing........to DIE for!

I'm trying to figure out how to skip work on Mon. to hit the Marshalls in Albany with my BFF....love those after Xmas sales, plus I have returns.......all those XL and L tops I bought over the year have no gift recipients and won't fit me.......YAY!!!!!!!!! She's pissed at me cuz the sz 10 stretch Jones New York jeans I am wearing are falling down....like I can get them on with the waist buttoned and zippered....she can wear them to work (small hole in the knee)
Old 12-21-2010, 07:02 PM   #778
Major LCF Poster!

Here's my boys a-sangin!
That's me on the guitar...
Old 12-22-2010, 02:08 AM   #779
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
the sz 10 stretch Jones New York jeans I am wearing are falling down....like I can get them on with the waist buttoned and zippered....
You need new jeans!!
Old 12-22-2010, 02:13 AM   #780
Big Yapper!!!!

Becky--your boys are too cute!!!! And you look sooo slim!! I don't think you need to lose anything more! Thank you for sharing!!