Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 05:43 PM   #691
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: VeeH
I'm doing that Stillman's 14-day thing where I can eat up to 2 cups of veggies a day (thanks GT), and I am much happier.

Making 1/2 chicken breast w/ steamed cauliflower right now. Yum.
VeeH is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2010, 06:45 AM   #692
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I lost .6. .what the hell is point 6 of a pound, anyway? I really tried to focus on the fact that I lost but it was difficult. . I even took off my belt, for goodness sakes!

I wanna be skinny and cold. .

I dont count the point and would round up a pound down!! You had clothes on! That number doesnt count!

I am way to warm and cozy. Im with you lets get skinny and cold!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:47 AM   #693
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
We get to stay home for Christmas and we don't even have to work Christmas Day! First time in a long time. ..I'm excited.

How bout you guys? What are your plans?
Yeah for you! and me too. I took the whole week off!! We have lots of visiting to do but its all in close proximity. I cant wait for the year that I get to stay home for Christmas!! Hubby took some time off too, so this holiday is gonna be great!!
Old 12-18-2010, 06:48 AM   #694
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
The reduction is great! I feel a lot lighter, as if I really have lost 60 lbs, and I didn't feel that way before the reduction, I just felt fat! But now, at the same weight, I have an entire paradigm shift. It was worth losing the 60 lbs for this! And now, I want to lose 10 more lbs, well 14 lbs now... : ( But I will!
Im so happy for you anything! Dont worry about anything during your healing process. You will get to your new goal soon enough!
Old 12-18-2010, 06:50 AM   #695
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeH View Post
I'm doing that Stillman's 14-day thing where I can eat up to 2 cups of veggies a day (thanks GT), and I am much happier.

Making 1/2 chicken breast w/ steamed cauliflower right now. Yum.
Cool! and YUM!
Old 12-18-2010, 06:55 AM   #696
Blabbermouth!!!

So, I stuck with the casserole last night and my weight did drop a bit. Gonna plan on the same thing today and see how it goes.

I do feel funny about posting non-stillmans stuff, but I needed to make a little change and it does feel so much better then calling it cheating or my cheesy meaty free for all. and even though there was some jar sauce in it, it didnt send me into another cheat of really illegal stuff.

I did have two portions, but they were on the smaller side. hehheh

Weight today is 136 from 140 a few days ago.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:58 AM   #697
Blabbermouth!!!

and IM2. dont worry that it was "only .6" down. It was down and that is great!!! We already know that WW is sloooooooow, but thankfully suuuuuuuuure. These are the .6's that are gone for good!!!!! Woohoo!!!
Old 12-18-2010, 03:52 PM   #698
Senior LCF Member

No party tonight! I'm so glad hubby didn't feel like going, because I had already decided this morning that I didn't want to go--not just because of the temptation, but because I just didn't feel like being social. I'm tired out from work! But now I am home and happy and posting on here. Yippee!

Off to make a salad...

V.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:52 PM   #699
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps!!! Well I'm home--and going to bed!!! Spent 2 nights at Frannkfurt airport. Flights were cancelled. Got no info--had to kep queing up-getting boarding cards, going through security, sitting at the gate only to be told each time that nope the next flight was cancelled too. OMG it was horrible!! And then after finally getting a plane (they sent a huge one to take 4 loads of passengers home) we sat on the runway for 3 hours while they decided if we'd be allowed land in Dublin cos the weather was getting worse there. Think if the pilot had told us to get off the crew would have been lynched!!
Needless to say my Stillman's plan was non-existent!!! Twas stress-eating!!!
Going to bed now--haven't slept in 2 days!! Zzzzzzzz

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:08 PM   #700
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/173/160 5'5"
ANything, I'm so glad the surgery is done and now you can recover! You'll probably drop weight like crazy now! I'm so happy for you! You will be back at that goal weight in no time...and then below that!

I had a major cheat day yesterday and this morning the scale was up FIVE pounds !!! I can NOT handle carbs y'all!!!! I'll see how things go tomorrow after being back on meat all day today. I just ate whatever I felt like...no restraints...but I know I can't do that on a regular basis...I just can't let myself go back there!!!

I will have to change my stats...but not yet! haha

AL, you're posts cracked me up...as always! I just love to read your slant on things!

GT, I'm so sorry you had to go through that airline ordeal...that sounds like a nightmare...I'd be finding the nearest pretzel booth! haha

V, good for you for not being tempted at the party...I've never regretted abstaining from food...but I sure have regretted giving in...many times!

MC, how are you making it through the holidays??/

I just got a package in the mail from my bro-in-law's sister...she sent homemade sugar cookies...all different shapes...with icing/sprinkles on top. Gee WHiz.....

I have a mild headache...I'm wondering if it's from my carbfest yesterday.

IM, you are rocking the WW plan!! I'm so glad it's working for yoU!

Y'all hang in there...we're going to be loving ourselves come January!! : ) (I hope so....stay strong, Becky, stay strong!)
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #701
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I have officially switched to Atkins after reading this!! In fact, yesterday was an Atkins day. Not calling it another cheat day!! I made ground turkey and mixed it with some sauce and parmesan and mozzarella cheese. It was sooo yummy. I figure, if I can keep it Atkins, perhaps I can even drop a few pounds over Christmas/New Years instead of gaining more. Gwn, keep posting menus like this because it sounds heavenly!!!

Sorry to all the peeps that are goiing hardcore Stillmans. Im just having so much trouble lately getting back in the groove. I still think meat is the answer though!!
Al, Atkins states that exzcersize is non negotiable IE you HAVE TO...so recheck that thought...
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:46 PM   #702
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 12-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #703
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

see you tomorrow.................just some musings from someone nissing folks near and dear.............hold onto those close amd harder to those further away.............
Old 12-18-2010, 08:58 PM   #704
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

and the number one song that I have been known to bellow out in public............

:hug:

I'll bet you didn't know that she has an eighty acre estate in upstate New York where she takes in unwanted pets and finds them homes.........Goddess bless that girl.......

Last edited by CCGirl; 12-18-2010 at 09:01 PM..
Old 12-18-2010, 11:27 PM   #705
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Hey gals. . checking in rather late .. I wrapped, shopped, couponed and beat a few kids today. . My life feels complete! Hahha. Just kidding.. kids actually beat me! Nawww.. pulling hair out trying to remember what I bought for each of the kids and what I wrapped and what I have yet to pick up. . Uggg... with high hopes that it will be crystal clear in the morning..

Stuck to plan today. Yay, me!

Anything.. thank you for checking in.. I was thinking about you today.. hang in there and take it easy. . . you've accomplished a ton today..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:52 AM   #706
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi peeps!!! Well I'm home--and going to bed!!! Spent 2 nights at Frannkfurt airport. Flights were cancelled. Got no info--had to kep queing up-getting boarding cards, going through security, sitting at the gate only to be told each time that nope the next flight was cancelled too. OMG it was horrible!! And then after finally getting a plane (they sent a huge one to take 4 loads of passengers home) we sat on the runway for 3 hours while they decided if we'd be allowed land in Dublin cos the weather was getting worse there. Think if the pilot had told us to get off the crew would have been lynched!!
I am so sorry you had such an awful time of traveling--I can't even imagine--and don't worry about the stress eating: Your options, I am guessing, were limited, and the whole ordeal was a nightmare. BUT you are home, and I know that after you get some sleep, you'll be rejuvenated and ready to tackle the holidays with ease.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:07 AM   #707
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I had a major cheat day yesterday and this morning the scale was up FIVE pounds !!! I can NOT handle carbs y'all!!!! I'll see how things go tomorrow after being back on meat all day today. I just ate whatever I felt like...no restraints...but I know I can't do that on a regular basis...I just can't let myself go back there!!!
Don't worry about the gain--it's all water, as it is medically impossible to gain 5 pounds in a day. I know you'll get back on track because you have a plan of action. Those pounds will slip off, so no need to revise your stats.

I, on the other hand, am in denial, as I haven't stepped on a scale in awhile--my therapist thought I was beginning to get obsessive about numbers--but I am weighing myself tomorrow. I'm scared that the scale won't say what I want it to say. I'm just hoping the fear itself won't be triggering today. Writing here helps with my resolve and with keeping it in the day.

I've been all over the map with my food, both restricting and then eating "whatever," while avoiding sugar. I've let myself have small cheats, and I justify it by telling myself that I am stressed about seeing my family, and I am overworked right now. While those things are true, it's no reason for me to be doing Stillman's halfway or even most of the time. I need to do it ALL of the time! I'm sure I haven't lost.

However, today is a new day, and I can do this "just for today," and I can do it tomorrow and the next day, too. Are you all sick of me yet??? I know I keep floundering; I appreciate your patience during this holiday season. I just have to remember that it will be over in a week!
Old 12-19-2010, 08:05 AM   #708
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeH View Post
Don't worry about the gain--it's all water, as it is medically impossible to gain 5 pounds in a day. I know you'll get back on track because you have a plan of action. Those pounds will slip off, so no need to revise your stats.

I, on the other hand, am in denial, as I haven't stepped on a scale in awhile--my therapist thought I was beginning to get obsessive about numbers--but I am weighing myself tomorrow. I'm scared that the scale won't say what I want it to say. I'm just hoping the fear itself won't be triggering today. Writing here helps with my resolve and with keeping it in the day.

I've been all over the map with my food, both restricting and then eating "whatever," while avoiding sugar. I've let myself have small cheats, and I justify it by telling myself that I am stressed about seeing my family, and I am overworked right now. While those things are true, it's no reason for me to be doing Stillman's halfway or even most of the time. I need to do it ALL of the time! I'm sure I haven't lost.

However, today is a new day, and I can do this "just for today," and I can do it tomorrow and the next day, too. Are you all sick of me yet??? I know I keep floundering; I appreciate your patience during this holiday season. I just have to remember that it will be over in a week!
Flounder away, Vee. . . I love that you trust us enough to share your true feelings. .plus it makes me realize I'm not the only one out there who share the same struggles! We've all had the same thoughts and we all deal with it pretty much the same way. Which is why I think we are all here!

One meal at a time . One meal at a time! That's all we can ask for and if we happen to make it through and entire day. . The Holidays can be so difficult, just dont' forget that we are here for you. . so, flouder, away, I say. ..
Old 12-19-2010, 08:06 AM   #709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT. . I am so sorry you had such a terrible travel experience. . You are a real trooper. .hang in there. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:26 AM   #710
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
CC: Thanks for the videos. I bet you can sing like a pro! So, its not just flute, but your voice too that should be recorded! I just know it! Can you start on this in 2011 so that the world can experience your gift? A recording CD is a project, but hey, you could do it around womens issues, weight, self-esteem etc.. and have some of the proceeds go to womens shelters and such, which would be sooooo CC!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:29 AM   #711
Senior LCF Member

IM: Thanks for thinking about me. A friend told me a could sag if I do too much, so I have been sofa bound for a full day now, except to get to RR. Then she said she was kidding, some joke, eh? I was so scared! But she had the operation so why not believe her of all people, right? But it makes since I would sag if I break stiches... so joke or not, I am a coach potatoe. I figure once I am healed up, I will look back and have fond memories of laying around during the rains, and netsurfing. I really should read a book now and then... its good for the mind!
Old 12-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #712
Senior LCF Member

Everyone, stay on your plan! Cold and skinny is a sign of a bad metabolism and then did you know you can grow fine hair on your back and chest if you stay cold from a low metabolism? I kidd you not, some anorexics get that. I have been cold too in the past, and I couldn't get up and I couldn't think very well! No more of that! We have people who need us healthy and slender! Eat throughout the day... just on plan!
Old 12-19-2010, 11:34 AM   #713
Senior LCF Member

Veet; You have convinced me to stay off of planes!! This isn't the first time I have heard of these nightmares! So glad you are home safe and sound! Another good reason to pack HB eggs! LOL
Old 12-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #714
Senior LCF Member

Becky123; Regarding the major cheat day... if you know you are going to cheat, and in the moment you don't care... try taking a carb blocker ( has phase2 white kidney bean in it) You can get it at CVS or the equivient drug store. It won't undo all the damage but it will do damage control. Take 2 just prior to eating. I tried it at Thanksgiving when I knew I was going off the diet, and I know my blood sugars and weight gain had damage control. I don't always recommend this, and certainly not for daily use, although it is safe, but for those special times... and again, it is just for damage control, not damage erradication.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:39 AM   #715
Senior LCF Member

sorry Veeh for the mispell... on previous note...
Old 12-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #716
Senior LCF Member

oops... I am on pain meds and need to get off the board! I THOUGHT it was VeeH who was in Frankfurt, but it was Getting There!!! Okay, I will come back on when my menta state is not compromised by pain meds!! LOL
Old 12-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #717
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/173/160 5'5"
Thank you Anything! I will look into that...that's something I don't know much about.

I had gotten down to 154...after eating whatever on Thursday...I was up to 159 the next morning. I ate clean yesterday, and I'm doing good today...this morning i was 157.

I just can't gain this weight back...if I have to eat meat only to keep it off, I will. I do love Christmas/holiday party type snacky foods...but I have to stay in control!

Soooooo....will i have another cheat day before Christmas???? I don't know.
I like the idea of maybe once every couple of weeks...and not for a whole day...but just for a window of an hour....sort of like the CAD (Carbohydrates Addicts Diet.) I just can't gain this weight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Becky123; Regarding the major cheat day... if you know you are going to cheat, and in the moment you don't care... try taking a carb blocker ( has phase2 white kidney bean in it) You can get it at CVS or the equivient drug store. It won't undo all the damage but it will do damage control. Take 2 just prior to eating. I tried it at Thanksgiving when I knew I was going off the diet, and I know my blood sugars and weight gain had damage control. I don't always recommend this, and certainly not for daily use, although it is safe, but for those special times... and again, it is just for damage control, not damage erradication.
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #718
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
mental note to self: "do not ever ever visit GT in the winter"

Im glad you made it home safe, although very very late. poor you!!
Old 12-19-2010, 01:48 PM   #719
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post

I will have to change my stats...but not yet! haha
whatever happens, just make sure you keep coming back here. This is a very critical time. I say, eat clean until Christmas, have another treat, and then get back on!!! The weight can come on with a vengeance. Learn from my mistakes. and on a happy exciting note: what did ya eat? Fill us in on all that yummy goodness. Your taste buds mustve been in a frenzy after 6 months!
Old 12-19-2010, 01:49 PM   #720
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Al, Atkins states that exzcersize is non negotiable IE you HAVE TO...so recheck that thought...
Rechecked and erased! I dont do anything that includes exercise. just kidding. anyone want to start a wall push up contest for 2011??