Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #661
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Let's take 2010 out with a bang.. Who's in?
If I said I was in, would you beleive me?

Just poured myself a cup o coffee and Im drinkin it black!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #662
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
cooking pork with soy and worstshire sauce (or however you spell it. .What this here sauce?). . .
Old 12-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #663
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Tomorrow, the 15th I am going in to have my breast reduction... all thoughts and prayers will be appreciated.
Im a little late, but Im offering up thoughts and well wishes. Im sure youre already on the road to a safe recovery!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:18 AM   #664
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
Thanks thanks thanks! I'm really good at maintaining my current body weight, so hopefully I'll be just as good at maintaining my healthy weight.

I'm still newish to the LCF message boards, and I have some questions: Is there anywhere I could see some Stillman's progress photos? I'd like to post some of my own in January, and maybe write in the blog section. Do any of you use the blog?
I agree with GT. This place is my blog!! Its totally filled with wayy too many details about me!!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:20 AM   #665
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
...AND.........I am down 3 pounds!!
AWESOME!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #666
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Speaking of techy.. I ordered an Ipad for myself last weekend. . .
Im jealous!!! You deserve it after all those long hard hours!!

Hubby just bought my kids an ipod touch. One for each of them! (they are 4 and 6) What are we gonna get them when they are 15?
Old 12-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #667
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hey does anyone know what a good Anti-virus is to get (the free on=line ones :-). . . I think my kids downloaded something cuz this computer keeps popping up with "make Money at home". . ads. . Eergg. I thought we had that taken care of. .
AVG
Old 12-17-2010, 09:26 AM   #668
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC21403 View Post
I'm starting kind of late in the game. But I was doing Atkins for about a month and I found Stillmans and became ADVENTUROUS!
So glad you are taking the plunge!!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:27 AM   #669
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeH View Post
I'm back! But I have a cold of some sort--headache-y and slightly nauseated.
Thats not a cold! Its 2 days into Stillmans! Hope you are feeling better!!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:29 AM   #670
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
I'm going to post pictures and entries for the January thread on a regular basis instead of using the blogs. I can't wait to share my progress with all of you!

I see a lot of canned tuna in my future. One of my favorite foods is tuna salad made with lots of mayo, but there's no mayo on Stillman's. I'm going to put LC ketchup on turkey burgers, and hot sauce on chicken, but what do I put on tuna to make it less dry?

Also, what condiments/spices do you use on your meats? What pairs well with shrimp? Pork chops?
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:29 AM   #671
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
I hate to disagree with y'all but any real computer geek will tell you that Norton is CRAP. (Al, get your hubby and back me up here) AVG anti virus guard free or Avira free are the best ones.
haha! I actually knew the answer to this one! I dont have to ask!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #672
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thank you for all the info on the Virus protection. . I'll have to go back tomorrow.. (when I;m sober.. yep.. hitting the sauce tonight - but I am counting it . I can legally have one more and I'm happy about that
OK. Now Im officially on WW. starting now. I want to be sauced!!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #673
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ok peeps!!! In 8 hours I will be sitting in a nice little green Aer Lingus plane back to Dublin!!!!!!! Going home for Christmas!! So pray the flight will actually go and won't be canceled. There's fierce now here today and awful snowstorms forecast fore the afternoon....but hopefully it will be ok!! BBL
Have a safe trip GT!!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:33 AM   #674
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojay View Post
CANT GET MEAT RIGHT NOW GOT IVE NOT HAD TIME 2 GO GROCERY SHOPPING,JUST HAVE EGGS N BEEN EATING THAT SINCE MONDAY WITH LOTS OF WATER,WOULD GET MY MEAT BAQ FROM SATURDAY,U PEEPS R SOOOOOOOOO WARM TANX AGAIN
Cant get your meat!! How awful!! Get out there and shop woman!!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:36 AM   #675
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hey Everyone!

I have to confess I broke my 6 month no cheat record!

I'm almost relieved!
Becky, 6 months is incredible!!! No worries. The good news is we know the secret to success and we can jump right back on, right?!?!?!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:37 AM   #676
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hello guys.I decided that I would not weigh myself until christmas morning...
then its agreed. No weighing until Christmas! Phew, Im off the hook!!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:39 AM   #677
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm not going to weigh today, going to wait a whole 3 days then I'll be on here doing my virtual happy dance!!
I bet your down at least 8 pounds next week!!! Im gonna go with 9. Prove me wrong and be down 10!!!! Dont let anything get in the way of these first 3 days!!! You can do it!!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #678
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
ALSOOOOOO I was wondering if any of you ladies knew anything about potato starch? I was looking over a package of turkey I had gotten (haven't eaten any yet) and it only had 4 ingredients. One was potato starch
I would try to stay away from anything processed! Roasting a turkey can be time consuming, so the easiet way to go would be to get it ground and cook it up. No potato starch for quickest results!!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:44 AM   #679
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
well, Mom sent her annual Christmas care package of death........one pound of homemade rum balls made with real dark rum and rolled in powdered sugar, a pound of candied orange peels, made by hand from my great great great grandmother's recipe, and the small fruitcake, made from scratch and soaked in rum for three days.

I had six rum balls, one slice of the fruitcake..it needs more rum, too dry, so she is bathing in more...and the orange peels I will bring to the salon on Saturday. The rum balls will go with BF so he can give them to his buddies.

Thanks MMS for not weighing until Xmas so we can have treats!
You had a little treat and still had some leftover to give away! You rock! Those rumballs would be history if they showed up on my doorstep these days!!! Your mom rocks too!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:48 AM   #680
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm going to post pictures and entries for the January thread on a regular basis instead of using the blogs. I can't wait to share my progress with all of you!

I see a lot of canned tuna in my future. One of my favorite foods is tuna salad made with lots of mayo, but there's no mayo on Stillman's. I'm going to put LC ketchup on turkey burgers, and hot sauce on chicken, but what do I put on tuna to make it less dry?

Also, what condiments/spices do you use on your meats? What pairs well with shrimp? Pork chops?
I can't wait!!! You show us yours, I'll show you mine!!!

But they will be before, after, before pics cause I need a restart!!!

Mustard goes in tuna!!! May sound weird but good! Hot sauce too!!!

Look in the recipe thread for all the spices that go with the differernt meats. I posted it, but I copied it from somewhere else....I'll go find it actually...
Old 12-17-2010, 09:51 AM   #681
Blabbermouth!!!

SPICES and SEASONINGS!!!! Did we forget any?

Spices & Seeds--legal on Stillman QWL diet
Submitted by Aquaciser Glinda
From Stillman Quick Weight Loss Diet Cookbook
--page copied by a friend of a friend at her local library

Meat:
Allspice, Basil, Bay Leaves, Cayenne, (Red Pepper), Celery Salt, Chili, Cloves, Curry, Dill, Garlic, Marjoram, Mint, Mustard, Onion, Oregano, Paprika, Parsley, Pepper, Rosemary, Sage, Salt, Savory, Tarragon, Thyme, Turmeric

Poultry:
Basil, Bay Leaves, Cayenne, Celery Salt, Chervil, Coriander, Curry, Garlic, Ginger, Marjoram, Mint, Mustard, Onion, Oregano, Paprika, Parsley, Pepper, Poultry Seasoning, Rosemary, Saffron, Salt, Sage, Savory, Tarragon, Thyme

Fish/Shellfish:
Allspice, Bay Leaves, Cayenne, Celery Salt, Celery Seed, Chervil, Curry, Dill, Fennel, Garlic, Mace, Marjoram, Mint, Onion, Paprika, Parsley, Pepper, Rosemary, Sage, Salt, Savory, Thyme

Eggs/Legal(non-veggie)Salads
Bay Leaves, Cayenne, Celery Salt, Chervil, Coriander, Dill, Garlic, Onion, Oregano, Paprika, Parsley, Pepper, Sage, Salt, Tarragon, Thyme

This is straight from the book, too, and legal for Stillman QWL diet:

"Also useful in many recipes for a large variety of foods, to add flavor and texture: Caraway Seeds--Poppy Seeds, Sesame Seeds"
Old 12-17-2010, 03:17 PM   #682
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:

Awesome way to chart your progress. Wish I would have done the same. .

As far as condiments go. .I used a lot of mustard in the beginning. .a little low carb Ketchup. . then I switched to hot sauce and I put it on just about everything. even my salads! Soy sauce is OK for some flavor but it does have a lot of salt so you will have to drink twice as much. . (Not always a bad thing). .I don't do shrimp. . but hubby likes hot sauce with that too. . I like Pork/Soy. . You can also use Vinegar. .
Old 12-17-2010, 03:18 PM   #683
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
OK. Now Im officially on WW. starting now. I want to be sauced!!
You are too funny, Al! But I do agree. you need something to give you a new booste. . a new outlook . . a new rockin bod for 2011. . .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:27 PM   #684
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You are too funny, Al! But I do agree. you need something to give you a new booste. . a new outlook . . a new rockin bod for 2011. . .
So glad someone checked in!!!! Hi IM2!!!!! Its been almost a whole day and I still dont have a plan. Think Im gonna just eat my leftover "casserole" for dinner. Just one portion. I can do it! That will probably let me be on atkins and WW - right?? I guess Im lucky. I'm on 2 plans!!

I'll weigh in tomorrow. If I see a drop, I'll stick with it!
Old 12-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #685
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. .I was MIA yesterday. . I did go to a meeting but I was totally MMM. what the right word? Ticked off! Totally. . I really had to talk myself out of cheating! I mean. . if it wasn't for feeling 110% better. . I would have lost it. . I did go to the meeting feeling like I was 10 pounds lighter. . do you know what that stupid scale said? I lost .6. .what the hell is point 6 of a pound, anyway? I really tried to focus on the fact that I lost but it was difficult. . I even took off my belt, for goodness sakes!

OK. .I'm over it and am just reminding myself that I did not gain. . I am in control and I already feel better so I gotta be doing something positive. I just have to keep focused and remind myself that this is my choice and I need to make better choices. . each and every day. .

(and just so you know. . I am still at my famous set point weight where I have been stuck for months and months. . I think my body is really sad to get rid of its fat. .its too comfortable. . its too warm and its too cozy! I dont' wanna be warm and cozy. .>I wanna be skinny and cold. .
Old 12-17-2010, 03:36 PM   #686
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O and for the record. .the topic was Holiday and weight gain. .Do you know the average person gains between 5 and 7 pounds (Heck, I can gain that during one meal!). .Anyway.. . just wanted to remind everyone how much further ahead we will be if we can evan maintain our weight. . Let's not obsess so much about food and lets just enjoy our families. our heath and the time we get to spend doing the things we love. .That's what I'm going to try to do. We get to stay home for Christmas and we don't even have to work Christmas Day! First time in a long time. ..I'm excited.

How bout you guys? What are your plans?
Old 12-17-2010, 03:36 PM   #687
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Al!
Old 12-17-2010, 03:39 PM   #688
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey for that sweet tooth. .don't forget about cottage cheese spinkled with a little sugar free jello.. .Or just sugar free jello. .
Old 12-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #689
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Al, thank you for the thoughts!

I haven't posted on this board for a few days as I have been a bit loopy due to breast reduction... but it sounds like some of you are choosing to expand Stillmans... which is no biggie here, but a bit surprised, except that it is winter, and I am reading that people are cold, and might want some comfort food...

My bad news is that I was at my PERFECT goal weight the morning of the operation, and due to non-activity per Doc's orders, no thyroid herbs till Sunday, and a piece of pumpkin pie and about 15 Ritz crackers because I was high on drugs (really, pain killers), I gained four pounds since Wed morning at 5 am. So I am not going to eat after 4 pm, which is now... and I did take some herbs which won't hurt me, but will help my blood sugars.. which were great up till now.

Four lbs is not ten pounds, and I am going to get back on track! It is difficult not to be able to exercise it off, I have to stay still until next Wednesday, and another week before I can drive... So, I might just drink warm comforting tea for the next several days... since I am only going to be lying on the sofa anyway!!

Can you believe Becky123 that I made my goal weight (which I think is the same as yours) the MORNING of the operation? Now, I have to get back down there, and I will. I know now that I can...

I am going to start taking long walks after I see the Doc next Wednesday. I have to, or I will just backtrack! I am longing for new clothes, especially blouses!

The reduction is great! I feel a lot lighter, as if I really have lost 60 lbs, and I didn't feel that way before the reduction, I just felt fat! But now, at the same weight, I have an entire paradigm shift. It was worth losing the 60 lbs for this! And now, I want to lose 10 more lbs, well 14 lbs now... : ( But I will!

Mustard is GREAT for Tuna,,, Ditto! I am rambling and on drugs, so I will just voyer this evening... thank you all! Where is CC?
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:16 PM   #690
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
IM: The sugar free jello suggestion is good...
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote