Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 12:55 AM   #631
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC21403 View Post
I'm starting kind of late in the game. But I was doing Atkins for about a month and I found Stillmans and became ADVENTUROUS!
welcome MC!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2010, 12:59 AM   #632
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeH View Post
IM2: I am so glad you are having so much success on WW. I do find Stillman's a little too restrictive with just eating meat and eggs, and I definitely miss my veggies. I think I would do better staying on plan and not cheating if I let myself eat the veggies I miss (broc, caul, spinach, lettuce), so I am seriously considering doing that, even though I know I won't lose as fast.
Stillman does have a plan with veggies--it's called protein plus or the 14day shape up!! It's basically QWL with 2 cups of veggies thrown in!! (it was with that I lost a lot of my weight at the beginning--think it prob kept mt sane!!)
Old 12-16-2010, 01:01 AM   #633
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

OMG, ten days til Christmas!
I have nothing done!!!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 01:02 AM   #634
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

OMG, ten days til Christmas! I've got to stay in this zone. I am SO nervous about going back to California for the holidays--not because of my weight, and not because of temptation, but because I am afraid my family will criticize the way I'm eating and freak out. I hate being the center of attention. Obviously, they shouldn't be out of sorts as I AM overweight, but they just make me feel so self-conscious. It's truly unnerving. And the people-pleaser in me will feel pressured to NOT bring attention to myself and, for this reason, will make me want to eat what everyone else is eating just to avoid confrontation. Am I making any sense?
Totally!!
Old 12-16-2010, 01:05 AM   #635
Big Yapper!!!!

Lucky you Vee!! I love love love Swarovski--well it does sparkle soooo much!!! I even wanted my mobile (cell) covered in them (pink ones!)--but it's not really done over here!!
Old 12-16-2010, 01:06 AM   #636
Big Yapper!!!!

Do like Burberry too!!!!!........................leopard print yoga pants--not so much!!
Old 12-16-2010, 01:14 AM   #637
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
. looks like i'll be staying home again tomorrow..more Low Carb Friends. .
Yay!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 01:18 AM   #638
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok peeps!!! In 8 hours I will be sitting in a nice little green Aer Lingus plane back to Dublin!!!!!!! Going home for Christmas!! So pray the flight will actually go and won't be canceled. There's fierce now here today and awful snowstorms forecast fore the afternoon....but hopefully it will be ok!! BBL
Old 12-16-2010, 01:57 AM   #639
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ojay
Stats: 253/231/220
WOE: Atkins/Stillman
Start Date: June 2010
tanx so very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Popping in real quick!

Welcome ojay!!! So glad you decided to start posting!!! Looking forward to you and your hips shrinking!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VEE!!!!! I was so pumped up yesterday and I too fell victim to a cheat. No worries. Today is a new day!!!

IM2- I'll say it again. So glad you made the switch!!! Love the positivity in every post!!!

GT- Your exercise talks make me tired. hahaha

Sharon- I wish I had a detox headache but sorry that you do! Guess I'll be suffering tomorrow. Just ate some ground turkey. yuck...I mean YUM!

CC and makeme- Hiya!!

becky- Im jealous cause you probably had steak for breakkie!!!

Much love to all the rest!! gotta run!!!
CANT GET MEAT RIGHT NOW GOT IVE NOT HAD TIME 2 GO GROCERY SHOPPING,JUST HAVE EGGS N BEEN EATING THAT SINCE MONDAY WITH LOTS OF WATER,WOULD GET MY MEAT BAQ FROM SATURDAY,U PEEPS R SOOOOOOOOO WARM TANX AGAIN
ojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:57 AM   #640
Junior LCF Member

THANKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Vee!

ojay and congrats on the loss thus far!

Raising hand because I have a Hello Kitty stocking at home

Peeps, my weight is down one pound, I'm gonna have to change my stats back up to reflect my current weight though. (168.4). Eep!

Yesterday I made a yummy casserole... I cooked up some lean ground beef and ground sausage. I boiled some cabbaged, chopped it up into small pieces, added it to the meat, shredded in some farmers cheese, a bit of heavy cream and some stone ground mustard. It calls for baking at that point but I just kept it on the stove top a while longer until all the ingredients came together. It was delicious!!! But, I know I really need to cut back the carbs a bit more because 1-2 pounds a week isn't gonna cut it for me, you know I'm Miss Impatient!

This weather is terrible. 20some degrees and sooooo windy it just chills you to the bone! I'm having a hard time just staying warm in my apartment!! So, exercise hasn't been happening, at all. You know, putting on an aerobics video is probably exactly what I need though.

I just had some leftover casserole for lunch. Skipped breakfast. Dinner will probably be hot wings or a london broil. What's everyone having for dinner tonight?
THANKS A BUNCH
Old 12-16-2010, 01:58 AM   #641
Junior LCF Member

THANKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Don't be sad...Welcome, welcome. It's like that here at certain times, goes a little quiet...but we are here.
THANK YOU
Old 12-16-2010, 02:00 AM   #642
Junior LCF Member

LAUGHING HARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
ojay!!! I am just logging on to my computer. Looks like you are off to a GREAT start with some weight loss already AND joining this group will REALLY help you on your way.

I see you are from Nigeria. It always looked like a beautiful country to me but also a SCARY place to live (based on news reports).........

I would love to hear your description of your country and life.

Sharon
THANKS SHARON
NIGERIA IS INDEED A VERY LOVELY PLACE BUT AS WE ALL KNOW EVERY PLACE HAS A DOWNSIDE,WE R SUPER SOCIABLE
Old 12-16-2010, 02:35 AM   #643
Junior LCF Member

thanks

[QUOTE=CCGirl;14177074]

OJ, I am sooo glad we finally have a newbie who joins the proper way...after studying the board and familiarizing. I, too, studied for months to get the way things go. so WELCOME!

My grandfather has been out your way many times (in the 60's and 70's) and he LOVED it there. The people, the music.........

thanks cc,its a very sure place to love and be loved,looking forward to making good friends whilst losing weight
Old 12-16-2010, 04:16 AM   #644
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/190/160 5'5.5"
Hey Everyone!

I have to confess I broke my 6 month no cheat record!

I'm almost relieved!

I ate at the Christmas party at school yesterday...and then I had too many bite sized candy bars...too many!

BUT, my sticks say I'm back in ketosis this morning...which REALLY surprised me...and my weight is the same...

So I'm back on meat...gotta stay in control.

I just wanted to let you know...haha confession is good for the soul! I have to stay accountable!

I'm almost out for Christmas break...then I can really respond to all of these great posts earlier!
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:34 AM   #645
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Lucky you Vee!! I love love love Swarovski--well it does sparkle soooo much!!! I even wanted my mobile (cell) covered in them (pink ones!)--but it's not really done over here!!
well, girl, you should totally start that trend..........I found little gem sticker like things at the grocery and covered my cel and my earpiece with them......so flash!

Quote:
Do like Burberry too!!!!!........................leopard print yoga pants--not so much!!

Quote:
Ok peeps!!! In 8 hours I will be sitting in a nice little green Aer Lingus plane back to Dublin!!!!!!! Going home for Christmas!! So pray the flight will actually go and won't be canceled. There's fierce now here today and awful snowstorms forecast fore the afternoon....but hopefully it will be ok!! BBL
Safe flight to you and happy landings ar home!

[quote=ojay;14177747][QUOTE=CCGirl;14177074]

OJ, I am sooo glad we finally have a newbie who joins the proper way...after studying the board and familiarizing. I, too, studied for months to get the way things go. so WELCOME!

My grandfather has been out your way many times (in the 60's and 70's) and he LOVED it there. The people, the music.........
Quote:

thanks cc,its a very sure place to love and be loved,looking forward to making good friends whilst losing weight
we are a happy bunch! Welcome aboard, and please keep the cap lock off on your keyboard, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hey Everyone!

I'm almost relieved!

I ate at the Christmas party at school yesterday...and then I had too many bite sized candy bars...too many!

BUT, my sticks say I'm back in ketosis this morning...which REALLY surprised me...and my weight is the same...

I just wanted to let you know...haha confession is good for the soul! I have to stay accountable!

I'm almost out for Christmas break...then I can really respond to all of these great posts earlier!
holy cow, six months! The cheat police got nuthin' on you!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:42 AM   #646
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hey Everyone!

I'm almost relieved!

I just want to congratulate you...6 months is amazing by anyones standards. You are back on track and that is great!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:48 AM   #647
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hello guys.I decided that I would not weigh myself until christmas morning...I am hoping that the woosh fairy will have dropped by here by then and that I will then enjoy my christmas treats without guilt. I really feel like I need a little fat today...gonna have some cream in my coffee...just a little.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:18 AM   #648
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Morning peeps. . at home but feeling a little guilty. .didn't cheat but I think I'll run out to a meeting this morning (I feel like I'm sneaking into an AA meeting. . ). .Hello . . my name is Im2 and I'm an overeater! . . . Heheha. .

will check in later. . Hugs to all
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:50 AM   #649
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MC21403
Stats: 287/266/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: December 2010
Thanks for all the welcomes! You guys are really motivational!!

Becky-Right now you are my hero!! If I can go 6 months without cheating I'm going to buy a lottery ticket.

I did really good yesterday, I'm already a little sick of boiled eggs but I did find if you eat them with smoked tuna... not bad at all!

I'm not going to weigh today, going to wait a whole 3 days then I'll be on here doing my virtual happy dance!!
MC21403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:58 AM   #650
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Today is a recipe of a Stillman's disaster. We are iced in - driveway and neighborhood a solid sheet of black ice

Not that I had anywhere important to go........ but now I am HERE and DD brought "snacky" stuff home from her grocery trip yesterday. (I won't go into details )

So my weapon will be to make REALLY great smelling soup and a pot roast and nibble on roasted turkey instead of nibbling on what lurks in my pantry.

Weight was the same today
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:06 AM   #651
Junior LCF Member

Have any of you ever tried drinking Propel Zero? It has sucralose as the sweetener. They have alot of flavor and it's helped me curb my sweet tooth.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:49 AM   #652
Junior LCF Member

I don't know if it's officially allowed, I hope it is, I have been drinking one a day LOL

ALSOOOOOO I was wondering if any of you ladies knew anything about potato starch? I was looking over a package of turkey I had gotten (haven't eaten any yet) and it only had 4 ingredients. One was potato starch
Old 12-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #653
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hello guys.I decided that I would not weigh myself until christmas morning...I am hoping that the woosh fairy will have dropped by here by then and that I will then enjoy my christmas treats without guilt. I really feel like I need a little fat today...gonna have some cream in my coffee...just a little.
O I am down with that LOL! No scale til Xmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Morning peeps. . at home but feeling a little guilty. .didn't cheat but I think I'll run out to a meeting this morning (I feel like I'm sneaking into an AA meeting. . ). .Hello . . my name is Im2 and I'm an overeater! . . . Heheha. .

will check in later. . Hugs to all
if it helps then do it!

Personally, I'll bet she's going just to show off.'Hello, my name is IM and I am the biggest loser! just kidding

Quote:
Thanks for all the welcomes! You guys are really motivational!!

Becky-Right now you are my hero!! If I can go 6 months without cheating I'm going to buy a lottery ticket.

I did really good yesterday, I'm already a little sick of boiled eggs but I did find if you eat them with smoked tuna... not bad at all!

I'm not going to weigh today, going to wait a whole 3 days then I'll be on here doing my virtual happy dance!!
emcee did I bid you welcome?

Quote:
Today is a recipe of a Stillman's disaster. We are iced in - driveway and neighborhood a solid sheet of black ice

Not that I had anywhere important to go........ but now I am HERE and DD brought "snacky" stuff home from her grocery trip yesterday. (I won't go into details )

So my weapon will be to make REALLY great smelling soup and a pot roast and nibble on roasted turkey instead of nibbling on what lurks in my pantry.

Weight was the same today

Ooo Shar, I saw that on TWC........you folks don't fare well in ice and snow...
I have a four wheel drive, I can be there in about sixteen hours for that pot roast...mmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Have any of you ever tried drinking Propel Zero? It has sucralose as the sweetener. They have alot of flavor and it's helped me curb my sweet tooth.
Crystal Light is the go to thang for most of us......isn't Propel expensive?

Quote:
I don't know if it's officially allowed, I hope it is, I have been drinking one a day LOL

ALSOOOOOO I was wondering if any of you ladies knew anything about potato starch? I was looking over a package of turkey I had gotten (haven't eaten any yet) and it only had 4 ingredients. One was potato starch
ugh.....it sounds like a no no....the starch, I mean. What on earth kind of turkey has PS in it?

well, Mom sent her annual Christmas care package of death........one pound of homemade rum balls made with real dark rum and rolled in powdered sugar, a pound of candied orange peels, made by hand from my great great great grandmother's recipe, and the small fruitcake, made from scratch and soaked in rum for three days.

I had six rum balls, one slice of the fruitcake..it needs more rum, too dry, so she is bathing in more...and the orange peels I will bring to the salon on Saturday. The rum balls will go with BF so he can give them to his buddies.

Thanks MMS for not weighing until Xmas so we can have treats!
Old 12-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #654
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: VeeH
CC, your Christmas package of death sounds awesome! I want some! Or, I should say, I would love some if I were anywhere near my goal. I'm weighing on Monday and am going to try to go without any cheats for the next four days (who knows, maybe that'll turn into 6 months, but I'm not holding my breath with all the treats that all-too-available right now).

We got snow today. Not too much, but enough for me not to enjoy being out in it. Ugh!

Are you in Dublin yet, GT?
VeeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:32 AM   #655
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: VeeH
I am looking forward to a good day. Going to get a manicure and finish Christmas shopping after work. Then going for coffee with a friend.

Hope everyone has a great Friday! Just found out I have another Christmas party to go to on Saturday (DH's former boss), and I am bound and determinded to NOT EAT ANYTHING at that party, and just eat before I go. I find that if I give myself even a little permission to cheat, all bets are off. Wish me luck!
VeeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:56 AM   #656
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Veeh, good fun at the party, look fabulaous for us, please!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:08 AM   #657
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Yesterday I made a yummy casserole... I cooked up some lean ground beef and ground sausage. I boiled some cabbaged, chopped it up into small pieces, added it to the meat, shredded in some farmers cheese, a bit of heavy cream and some stone ground mustard. It calls for baking at that point but I just kept it on the stove top a while longer until all the ingredients came together. It was delicious!!! But, I know I really need to cut back the carbs a bit more because 1-2 pounds a week isn't gonna cut it for me, you know I'm Miss Impatient!
I have officially switched to Atkins after reading this!! In fact, yesterday was an Atkins day. Not calling it another cheat day!! I made ground turkey and mixed it with some sauce and parmesan and mozzarella cheese. It was sooo yummy. I figure, if I can keep it Atkins, perhaps I can even drop a few pounds over Christmas/New Years instead of gaining more. Gwn, keep posting menus like this because it sounds heavenly!!!

Sorry to all the peeps that are goiing hardcore Stillmans. Im just having so much trouble lately getting back in the groove. I still think meat is the answer though!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:09 AM   #658
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al - I was not 100% on plan yesterday either (hanging head in shame). Even though I had the BEST of intentions.Getting back in the groove gets harder and harder with each "cheat/down" time.
This was a few days ago. Im still not on.. :blush:
Old 12-17-2010, 09:10 AM   #659
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy SAHM View Post
So yesterday was my first weigh in and I'm down 11 lbs this first week!
OK. Officially changing my mind back to Stillmans!!

Happy Sahm, THAT IS FANTASTIC!!! Keep up the good work!!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:13 AM   #660
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
So at the end he says can I give you a hug (cos he's German and they'd always asked--no touching allowed!!)
Don't get upset by this guy! Good thing he didnt ask for more than a hug! Hope you waved your engaement ring around!!