Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 07:24 AM   #571
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Vee - may ALL your birthday wishes come true
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2010, 08:16 AM   #572
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
im2--so glad you're feeling great on WW!! You're right we should be focusing on health and not weight all the time (it's sooo hard tho!!)

I hate men!!!!!!

I see Kitty's got a Christmas cupcake----why does she never put on weight!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:17 AM   #573
Big Yapper!!!!

Love the new avi, Sharon!!
Old 12-14-2010, 08:23 AM   #574
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojay View Post
AM SAD NO ONE WELCOMED ME
Don't be sad...Welcome, welcome. It's like that here at certain times, goes a little quiet...but we are here.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:33 AM   #575
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Popping in real quick!

Welcome ojay!!! So glad you decided to start posting!!! Looking forward to you and your hips shrinking!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VEE!!!!! I was so pumped up yesterday and I too fell victim to a cheat. No worries. Today is a new day!!!

IM2- I'll say it again. So glad you made the switch!!! Love the positivity in every post!!!

GT- Your exercise talks make me tired. hahaha

Sharon- I wish I had a detox headache but sorry that you do! Guess I'll be suffering tomorrow. Just ate some ground turkey. yuck...I mean YUM!

CC and makeme- Hiya!!

becky- Im jealous cause you probably had steak for breakkie!!!

Much love to all the rest!! gotta run!!!

Last edited by aleriaaa; 12-14-2010 at 08:35 AM..
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:34 AM   #576
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
GWN- Love you too wherever you are.. you know I cant do this right without ya!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:56 AM   #577
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Al!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #578
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Vee!

ojay and congrats on the loss thus far!

Raising hand because I have a Hello Kitty stocking at home

Peeps, my weight is down one pound, I'm gonna have to change my stats back up to reflect my current weight though. (168.4). Eep!

Yesterday I made a yummy casserole... I cooked up some lean ground beef and ground sausage. I boiled some cabbaged, chopped it up into small pieces, added it to the meat, shredded in some farmers cheese, a bit of heavy cream and some stone ground mustard. It calls for baking at that point but I just kept it on the stove top a while longer until all the ingredients came together. It was delicious!!! But, I know I really need to cut back the carbs a bit more because 1-2 pounds a week isn't gonna cut it for me, you know I'm Miss Impatient!

This weather is terrible. 20some degrees and sooooo windy it just chills you to the bone! I'm having a hard time just staying warm in my apartment!! So, exercise hasn't been happening, at all. You know, putting on an aerobics video is probably exactly what I need though.

I just had some leftover casserole for lunch. Skipped breakfast. Dinner will probably be hot wings or a london broil. What's everyone having for dinner tonight?
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #579
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
What's everyone having for dinner tonight?
Gwn - I am so glad you are back. Hope you post tons of photos from your trip - that way I can go "hiking' from my chair!!

I made Turkey soup yesterday so I am having that for lunch and grilled center cut pork chops for dinner.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #580
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Popping in real quick!

I was so pumped up yesterday and I too fell victim to a cheat. No worries. Today is a new day!!!
Al - I was not 100% on plan yesterday either (hanging head in shame). Even though I had the BEST of intentions.Getting back in the groove gets harder and harder with each "cheat/down" time.

Why is that? I really do KNOW that Stillman's works for me like no other WOE. I can honestly say that NOTHING (carb wise)I have eaten in the last month is worth the way I feel today....NOTHING

So why????

I really AM a "snacker/grazer". This is a BAD time of year here - as my daughter and husband really love Christmas candy and cookies and "snacky" stuff. I am going to have to put my foot down and say don't bring it in the house!! (Or at least keep it OUT of the kitchen/family room)
Old 12-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #581
Senior LCF Member

I need to be put into a padded room for the next 6 months and MEAT pushed under the door 6 times a day!!!

Maybe a couple of exercise machines in the room with me as well.

No other distractions/responsibilities allowed!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #582
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post

Raising hand because I have a Hello Kitty stocking at home

Jealous!!!!!!!! You're casserole sounds yum!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 11:32 AM   #583
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
I need to be put into a padded room for the next 6 months and MEAT pushed under the door 6 times a day!!!

Maybe a couple of exercise machines in the room with me as well.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:08 PM   #584
Big Yapper!!!!

I just had a salad with feta cheese and kidney beans for dinner(god knows what the carb count for those are, I'm gonna look it up!) and it nearly choked me!!!
It was a work thing and it was this associate that only comes once in a while----and boy does he make me feel really uncomfortable about my weight. I know he doesn't mean it--he's actually really nice--but he just says out exactly what he thinks-the first time he saw me after losing weight he goes "what happened to you,were you sick, did you want t lose it, what did you do"----all literally in one sentence. Oh and in front of everyone!!!!!And he has a cow of a secretary who went "ooooh I had to look twice--I didn't recognise you." --and gave me the up-and-down look.
Anyway today he goes--"every time I see you you get thinner." I said (mumbled cos I know I talk about it a lot here -He!!!-but in the "real world" I hate it being mentioned) something like "oh i wish" and he goes "are you doing this on purpose" so I said "eh yes", and he goes "oh right, why???" I didn't really say anything!!
Then later during the meeting I said "oh I don't want any cream in my coffee" and he goes "oh cos it's got too many cals!!" I know he was only messing but still.
Then we were sitting there (in a group) and I had my sleeves rolled up and he actually put his hand around my wrist and goes "OMG you really are so thin"......now by this time I wanted to run away and hide somewhere!!!!!
Comes to dinner time and I order the salad---and he watched every bit that went into my mouth-I kid you not--along with everyone else who was sitting there---I actually wanted to puke!!
So at the end he says can I give you a hug (cos he's German and they'd always asked--no touching allowed!!) and he says I really think you're thin enough, the next time I see you I hope you won't have lost anymore!!
Now he really is a sweetie and really funny and witty (his secretary is a cow!!) but I really can't stand it when people keep mentioning my weight or watching what I eat!! Rant over!! ...oh and don't have to see him till March again!!..............oh yeah and I intend to have lost more---might have to wear a big sweater that day tho!!!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 12-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #585
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok looked up kidney beans--they have a lot of carbs but the net carb count is low cos they have nearly 50% fibre and they're low GI---so I suppose it wasn't too bad!!
Old 12-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #586
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy SAHM
Stats: 5'5" 223/197/140 ish
WOE: Atkins 72'
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Snowy day here and I'm happy to say I'm on the Stillman's Snowy Sleigh Ride! I started last Monday and decided I'd only weigh weekly, for now. So yesterday was my first weigh in and I'm down 11 lbs this first week! I know from experience it will taper off in the weeks to come, but I'm happy to see I am off to a good start!

I will start back to the gym in January and do the Gold's Gym challenge and will likely weigh daily and measure weekly then.

How much weight have you seen people lose in a month when following Stillman's? I'm just curious what I can possibly expect if I remain strict.

I love eating this way and always feel so much better and have so much more energy when I'm low carbing.

Thanks for the support!
Happy SAHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:23 PM   #587
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy SAHM View Post
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Snowy day here and I'm happy to say I'm on the Stillman's Snowy Sleigh Ride! I started last Monday and decided I'd only weigh weekly, for now. So yesterday was my first weigh in and I'm down 11 lbs this first week! I know from experience it will taper off in the weeks to come, but I'm happy to see I am off to a good start!

I will start back to the gym in January and do the Gold's Gym challenge and will likely weigh daily and measure weekly then.

How much weight have you seen people lose in a month when following Stillman's? I'm just curious what I can possibly expect if I remain strict.

I love eating this way and always feel so much better and have so much more energy when I'm low carbing.

Thanks for the support!
Sahm. Great start!!! I have seen as much as 15 - 20 pounds in the first month and then 8-10 pounds a month after that for 4-6 months.

Please share your successes and your struggles with us - we are here to listen, support and when necessary - give you a little shove back in the right direction.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:29 PM   #588
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ok looked up kidney beans--they have a lot of carbs but the net carb count is low cos they have nearly 50% fibre and they're low GI---so I suppose it wasn't too bad!!
Actually. .that was a very good choice. . seriously. I've been doing more and more research and there is something to be said about eating your "good carbs" with protein. .I found I am not any where near as hungry as I used to be doing WW. . Of course, back then, I was concentrating on getting as much food as possible and still stay within program. . Now I'm concentrating on eating what is most satisfying and that happens to be meat, meat and more meat.. along with a side of veggies! Today I ate 1 pouched egg + 2 pouched egg whites, tomoatoes and hotsauce for breakfast. . Coffee and Fat Free/sugar free creamer (allowed!!). . Lunch was mixed greens, chicken breast and hot sauce. . I snacked on a small pear and now I'm having a small apple. . I'm choosing my carbs wisely and I am not abusing them. I've never felt better and I don't feel deprived!

I promised I wouldn't bombard you guys with my WW talk. .but can I say something to the ones who are struggling so to "get back on". . I think the whole deprevation thing has something to do with why we find it more difficult to get on track. . I realize many of you have the will power of a saint, but I found every time I feel off. . I would stay off longer and longer and I would struggle to get back on. . 3 days and I would cheat again.. it was always something small but it would end up in something big before I started over again!!! Its a tough thing.. it really is.. and I think we all have to find our. . This is it, Set point! .. for me. .it was Gwn coming back and knowing I had done absolutely nothing while she was gone except yo-yo up and down ..down and up. . it becomes more and more difficult to drop it every time, too!

I don't know but I still believe with all we've learned about meat.. that we can do this and we can make it a way of life while still enjoying life.. . Cravings are the worst and there will be days we just have to give in. . but we need to forgive ourselves and do the best we can for the rest of the day! Don't make one set-back .. set you back for good~!

Remember. .we are going to be so far ahead of our New years Resolution .. we'll have to make up a new one (non weight related!)..

Let's take 2010 out with a bang.. Who's in?
Old 12-14-2010, 01:32 PM   #589
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great Job, Happy. . Stick with us.. . weekly weigh-in are great. . .especially in the beginning. . .I've done both and have more success with the weekly ones. . so that's what I'm doing right now. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #590
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Actually. .that was a very good choice. . seriously. I've been doing more and more research and there is something to be said about eating your "good carbs" with protein. .I found I am not any where near as hungry as I used to be doing WW. . Of course, back then, I was concentrating on getting as much food as possible and still stay within program. . Now I'm concentrating on eating what is most satisfying and that happens to be meat, meat and more meat.. along with a side of veggies! Today I ate 1 pouched egg + 2 pouched egg whites, tomoatoes and hotsauce for breakfast. . Coffee and Fat Free/sugar free creamer (allowed!!). . Lunch was mixed greens, chicken breast and hot sauce. . I snacked on a small pear and now I'm having a small apple. . I'm choosing my carbs wisely and I am not abusing them. I've never felt better and I don't feel deprived!

I promised I wouldn't bombard you guys with my WW talk. .but can I say something to the ones who are struggling so to "get back on". . I think the whole deprevation thing has something to do with why we find it more difficult to get on track. . I realize many of you have the will power of a saint, but I found every time I feel off. . I would stay off longer and longer and I would struggle to get back on. . 3 days and I would cheat again.. it was always something small but it would end up in something big before I started over again!!! Its a tough thing.. it really is.. and I think we all have to find our. . This is it, Set point! .. for me. .it was Gwn coming back and knowing I had done absolutely nothing while she was gone except yo-yo up and down ..down and up. . it becomes more and more difficult to drop it every time, too!

I don't know but I still believe with all we've learned about meat.. that we can do this and we can make it a way of life while still enjoying life.. . Cravings are the worst and there will be days we just have to give in. . but we need to forgive ourselves and do the best we can for the rest of the day! Don't make one set-back .. set you back for good~!

Remember. .we are going to be so far ahead of our New years Resolution .. we'll have to make up a new one (non weight related!)..

Let's take 2010 out with a bang.. Who's in?
Thank you IM - I need this post
Old 12-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #591
Big Yapper!!!!

Im2---I agree with you completely about the good carbs--I don't really see anything wrong with good veg and some fruit!! And def the strictness of QWL sets you up for a big binge--it's like on it even an apple becomes a big bad cheat!!!
It's so great to hear you so upbeat and positive!!! WTG you!!!
and I was thinking the exact same thing about Gwn--like I really should have been much much lighter and at goal really!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #592
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

cooking pork with soy and worstshire sauce (or however you spell it. .What this here sauce?). . .

Anyway, . . it smells devine. . and so Stillman's friends. . should try it someday.. Mmmm
Old 12-14-2010, 04:53 PM   #593
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Hello EVERYONE! Happy Birthday Vee! IM, I am glad you are at peace with what you are doing... Ojay, welcome aboard and Sahm, Nice to meet you.

Tomorrow, the 15th I am going in to have my breast reduction... all thoughts and prayers will be appreciated. I have to be there by 6 am California time. (My heart goes out to those who are cooped up by the snow...) I always eat more too, when I am cold, so good thing I am in beach country... it does get cold here too, but not like other places.

So, to every one of my lo carb friends, a great big THANK YOU for helping me make this breast reduction possible. I could not have lost the weight to qualify if it had not been for you all. So, as I go in, you shall all be in my thoughts... I can not tell each of you enough how much you are appreciated.

I will be out of it for a few days perhaps. But will check in... Love you all, and I mean it! THANK YOU!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:13 PM   #594
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O wild .. hugs to you . I'm so very excited for you! What a wonderful thing for you! Please make sure you check in as soon as you can and tell us how great you feel! I am so happy you were able to get to your goal. . .

I shall send prayers your way and will be thinking of you. . We will want pictures, too!
Old 12-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #595
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

And I just want to thank everyone for being my friend and supporting me once again. . it sure has been a long, long year. .hasn't it. . but . . all in all. . we did do something great. . there is less of us to see, isn't there? I think we've all seen positive results on the scale . .some more than others . but I'm taking every single ounce and embracing it . that's one less I'll have to lose later!

You guys, rock . .you really, really do!.. .
Old 12-14-2010, 05:43 PM   #596
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
IM: I will see if I can post some pics after the messiness of surgery is over. Do you notice that I can't even figure out how to put the original quotes in the boxes here on this site? That is how bad of a techy I am! But DH should be waiting on me hand and foot for a week or two at the most and he can help me do this! He is a techy, and we are opposites for sure! I am about ready to post some pics! Thought I never would!

I wonder what 2011 is going to bring our way. Time to make goals and plans again, which is always exciting. Everyone, stay on target, you can make it, you really really can!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #597
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We will be waiting for you, cheering you on. .

O. .and to quote. . just hit the quote icon on the bottom of the post and start typing. .
I can't multi quote but I can respond to one! That's about as techy as I get. .

Speaking of techy.. I ordered an Ipad for myself last weekend. . How bad is that? I was going to get an Ipod but I figured for a little bit more. . I'd get the pimped out verison. . I like everything big! I am hoping I can keep on top of my LCF and my food journal easier. . we shall see. . . I just tracked it. . it was shipped from China to Hong Kong to Indianapolis. . where its been sitting for 2 days. Go figure.. came 1/2 around the world and is stuck 3 hours away from me. . . I can't believe I'm excited about a gadget. . Well.. I suppose I better go shop for a Hello Kitty cover for my new toy. . Can't be having those boys steal it. .
Old 12-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #598
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Looking forward to dropping pounds with you in january!!! You are gonna be our new champ. I can tell. With all the research and planning, there will be no stopping you!!! Pick your start day. Mark it on the calender. Grill up your meats and have lots on hand. get your water ready. IM2 had a great idea of elastics on the water bottle, sliding them up as you guzzled one down. Start on a day that wont be very active and wont be very stressful. You will be cranky and you'll want to cheat, so go to bed instead. This can last 3 days. Keep telling yourself that its gonna get better and push through those days.

About maintenance.. Dont have a clue. Maybe you can be the one to test out the waters for us!!!!
Thanks thanks thanks! I'm really good at maintaining my current body weight, so hopefully I'll be just as good at maintaining my healthy weight.

I'm still newish to the LCF message boards, and I have some questions: Is there anywhere I could see some Stillman's progress photos? I'd like to post some of my own in January, and maybe write in the blog section. Do any of you use the blog?
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:41 AM   #599
Big Yapper!!!!

Anything--all the very best for your operation--well be thinking of you!
Old 12-15-2010, 01:42 AM   #600
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
And I just want to thank everyone for being my friend and supporting me once again. . it sure has been a long, long year. .hasn't it. . but . . all in all. . we did do something great. . there is less of us to see, isn't there? I think we've all seen positive results on the scale . .some more than others . but I'm taking every single ounce and embracing it . that's one less I'll have to lose later!

You guys, rock . .you really, really do!.. .
We you Im2!!!!