Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Built up the courage to weigh myself this morning and...I had to reduce my now weight by 3lb. We can do this girls!
Yay Makemeslim!!!! That is very encouraging!!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hey, I found this thead in the Beyond Low Carb Realm section...nothing to do with diets but an interesting debate.

http://http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/beyond-lowcarb-realm-playground/700270-very-small-thing-thats-working-my-nerves.html

Last edited by makemeslim; 12-02-2010 at 11:08 AM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:11 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Not a romper!!! (now, that would be a step too far!!) A jumper dresss-as in a sweater dress---a long knitted sweater..I won't be indulging.. Have tried them on but they only look good on tall skinny people!! Not me!!

I've got the tall just waiting for the skinny.

Last edited by makemeslim; 12-02-2010 at 11:14 AM..
Old 12-02-2010, 11:21 AM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
I've got neither!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:25 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I've got neither!!!
Rubbish, you are as slim as you like!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:25 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

I've judt washed out my hair after the 12 week blow-dry and it is as frizzy as ever. I don't think it took at all. I wonder was it the moisture in the air because of the snow that ruined it. I know they say you can't get it wet but I didn't think about the snow--it wasn't actually snowing. I'm gonna ring the salon in the morning...but because I'm in Germany I can't get it "fixed" til Friday week. I hoe they do it again and don't say it's my own faut.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 12-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I've judt washed out my hair after the 12 week blow-dry and it is as frizzy as ever. I don't think it took at all. I wonder was it the moisture in the air because of the snow that ruined it. I know they say you can't get it wet but I didn't think about the snow--it wasn't actually snowing. I'm gonna ring the salon in the morning...but because I'm in Germany I can't get it "fixed" til Friday week. I hoe they do it again and don't say it's my own faut.
I hope they do it again too. If they value your custom, which I am sure they do, they probably will. It cost too much to not last.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I hope they do it again too. If they value your custom, which I am sure they do, they probably will. It cost too much to not last.
waaaay too much!!! It's come down a little bit (the only good thing about Ireland's recession, prices are coming down a bit!!) It was still E120 but when I got it done before it was E160.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Getting ready to watch corrie!! --the internet really is one of my fav inventions....that and mobies, contacts, planes-actually I've a long list!!
Old 12-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Off to bed now. Keep it Stillman's everyone.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hi Peeps!

Wow. Long time no chat. I've really missed you guys! So, I wasn't going to log in here for a few more days... Started Atkins today... managed to get through the whole day without a cheat but I am crawling outta my skin right now... So I figured it was probably a good idea to just check in here, see what you lovely ladies are up to and get some inspiration and now here I am posting... Posting because I know it keeps me accountable and I don't want to fall off the wagon over the next few days and I need your support. :blush:

So yea.... I got on the scale today and it was 184 :blush: Man, my heart sank so deep it was in the heels of my shoes! It was like 2 weeks ago, I was 170something. I just put the weight on so fast... It also doesn't help that TOM is right around the corner...

Anyway, let me fill you guys in quickly... The trip was amazing!!! I upped my carbs for a week before I left and ended up weighing in at 159 the day I left for Europe... Fast forward 6 weeks later and I'm home and I didn't get to weigh myself for a good two weeks because my scale was in storage but I can say with pretty close accuracy that I was about 165. I really didn't gain nearly as much weight as I thought I would, my clothes all fit the same as they did before I left, I felt very comfortable. I walllllllkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeed sooooooo much in Europe and soooo many stairs and my meals were 3x a day, although I have to say it was one huge carbfest but still, calories were in check and I was ok. Well, I get back and I didn't have a job right away and I just felt like I was on vacation still, but now I had 24/7 access to food and I wasn't exercising, at all. So... I've been back 6 weeks now and have put on nearly 20lbs. I just can't let me convince my dumb self that it makes sense to just get back on the wagon in the new year, meanwhile, putting on another 10 or so pounds, dangerously flirting with the 200s. Never again!

Ugh. The cravings are soooo bad. I was really strung out on carbs But I don't miss them... Ugh, I have felt like crap the last few weeks!! Constant bloating... I no longer fit in so many of my new clothes I bought right before I left... it's seriously messing with me emotionally and making me depressed. I just have to do this and stick with it and get back to sig and then downward!!

So... menu for today involved some bacon and eggs for breakfast, a plain salad with grilled chicken and ranch dressing for lunch, some grilled chicken in chicken broth w/ a handful of edamame beans and I snacked on some pepperoni and cheese. Not Stillmans by any means... but I'm gonna stick with higher fats to get me through the cravings period... Tomorrow I will try to cut out the veggies. I think I will get some ground beef to fry up and some turkey burgers

Anyway... thanks for having me back ladies... my head is hanging so low too... To think I handled it so well while away and I just can't control my portions here... Ugh. I also need to figure out some exercise routine as I've parked my bike for the winter... way too cold to ride outside.

So yea. I'm so glad to see all these familiar faces!! I missed you guys! Wait, I think I already said that... But wow, looks like there's been quite a bit of success around here! Can't wait to catch back up with you ladies!!

Hi IM2. Thanks so much for getting in touch with me and making me feel guilty... I mean, you didn't say anything at all that made me feel guilty, just knowing you were thinking about me made me feel so guilty about how terrible I was eating, considering all the success I had. It really helped though and I really owe you a great big THANKS!

Hi GT Look at you maintaining that great loss and still in your skinny jeans!! Hey is it not enough to have skinny jeans now we have super skinny jeans? lolol Maybe someday I'll know what it's like to wear a pair, until then, rock em enough for the both of us!

Hi Makeme, looks like you've done really well since I was last here...! Congrats!!

Hi Becky! It's nice to "see" you and look how adorable you are and the success you've had! New low goal, eh!? KUTGW!! Love the new thread name too! And please, feel free to share anything you're thinking or feeling, I read it all and it really does help, especially those of us (er, me) who are struggling!!

CC, thanks for throwing out that life ring, I caught it and hoping I can stay aboard for a while! I see you haven't lost that sense of humor

Al, I like your holiday plan... like most of us, if not all, we're already strategizing! You know, plan 3 (having little tastes) probably is the hardest, for me too. It requires the most amount of discipline... Seems to always be all or nothing with me which is why I gain and lose so fast and rarely manage to "maintain" for any length of time. I'm gonna aim for 1, but at worst, I'll allow myself a cheat day and try my hardest to not turn it into 2 days and so forth. Thanks for the PM, I really missed you!

Alright ladies... off to dreamland and I'll look forward to my bacon and eggs in the morning. Meat is the way, it doesn't make me bloated and gassy or hungry or moody. Must get through this weekend. G'night all
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:06 AM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Gwn!!!!! Soooo glad you're back!! I checked in and the subscriptions came up and Gwn was last to post! I couldn't believe my eyes!! Looks like you had a great time in Europe (foodwise too!)Dont worry about the gain (says she!!) You'll drop it quick smart-- you always do! And I think you're so right to do Atkins to ease yourself in.
It is frightening how fast we put on weight after doing Stills etc. I think it's worse than with other diets. It really is the down-side of it. I can't do the "taste a litte bit" either--nope it becomes eat everthing in site!! My plan for Christmas is to eat what I want on Christmas day, maybe not be that good on St.Stephens Day...but on the 27th it's back to it!!
Glad you're back, Gwn!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 03:26 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Gwen. Glad you had fun in Europe. It's good that you have decided to get back on track now and not after Christmas. It's a bummer that you put that weight back on but good that you stopped yourself in time, so well done for that. Although I can't wait, I'm kind of dreading maintenance...I don't want to fall asleep and wake up large again. Many people loose a load of wait and then pile it all on again pus some extra...what is the secret to keeping it off? Has everyone decided how they will keep their weight in check when they reach goal? It's tricky me thinks.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:47 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

So quiet here compared to earlier months. We need to recruit some Newbies.?
Old 12-03-2010, 05:48 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Yay Makemeslim!!!! That is very encouraging!!
Thank you.:blush:
Old 12-03-2010, 05:55 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
IM, if you sign up at Livestrong and keep track of your food in the my plate app, there is a whole area to journal your mood, thoughts and feelings on each day.........

Thank you, CC. . I am up for trying anything.
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:10 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GWN!! O my goodness!! I'm sooooo happy to have you back. .. . It makes me just want to hurry and get on the losing streak with you. . We are both in the same boat gal. .but we can do this. .we've done it before and we can do it again. . .Just get over that Carb sickness and you'll be fine!

:blush: :blush: :blush: OK Gals. .I have a huge, huge, huge confession. .I hope no one hates me . .but I've defected! Yep. . I've decided that I have to try something else for while. AFter a year of playing around, I need something new. . and I'm quite impatient. .when I want something, I want it NOW. .So . .here goes:

Yesterday at work. the gal who introduced me to the LC weigh of life has been losing weight again. .(She had me do Atkins and then she quit on me and went back to eating ). Anyway, she's lost 25 pounds in the about 16 weeks (I know.. I know. not as fast as STillmans but she swears she's good with it, as I would be, too at this point). . She has that "I've accomplished something great glow" to her and I was seriously jealous, not to mention, she looks great! so she got me thinking. . convinced me that Weight Watchers was getting smarter about the "carb" thing and convinced me to go back to a meeting. . So me, being, impatient. . committed myself for a month.. Yep. .I did. .I went to a meeting last night. . got weighed . . .and decided to give it a whirl for at leat a month. .A good whirl. . .However, before the meeting. .I took the family out and we all had the biggest burger and fries you ever wanted to meet.. OMG> .I gained 7 pound since my weigh in that morning! I almost died! 7 pounds of salt and water (I'm hoping ). .

Girls: I'm telling ya. .I never realized how many of the little I truly missed! but good things. .fruits, berries, veggies. . I had to go grocery shopping last night just to fill my refrigerator with something new. .

so, here is my problem. . I love you guys and the support you give. . Can I still be part of your world? I promise I won't bother you with the details of my menu, but I will let you know if things are working.. . It may be something one or two of you may want to consider for your maintenance. Their program really has changed. They figured out that carbs (duh!!) are empty and they encourage more protein and lean/good carbs (fruit, grains). . it is a lifestyle I thing I can manage. I've just been too wishy, washy with this whole meat thing lately (sorry) but it will be interesting to see how I do. Plus. .I think because I've deprived myself so long of the "good things" . .I may find more enjoyment out of them and not think about reaching for a donut or chips, etc. . .The biggest battle will be portion control but I believe I'm ready and thats where the Points program comes into play. .

Please let me stay. . I would miss ya all too much. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 12-03-2010 at 06:14 AM..
Old 12-03-2010, 06:15 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. gotta get back to work so I probably can't check in until tonight but I had to get that off my chest. .and I almost peed my pants when I saw Gwn on board..
Old 12-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

IM2, I think you're making the right choice about WW. Of all the "plans" out there, WW has been the only plan I have ever seen real life, long-term success from. I've met many people who lost on WW and have maintained as much as a decade later, that loss. I really think it helps you relearn how to eat properly and sets you up well for maintenance. I never gave it a try. I discovered Atkins first and well, I just know it works and that's what I keep going back to but maybe for maintenance it would be a good plan to go to? I just never met another plan that nipped my appetite so well as low carbing so I'm afraid to try anything else.

makeme, I wish I knew the secret... well, actually, I think I *do* know the secret, I just don't know how to implement it in MY life. I eat way too much, way too often. I eat out of boredom, while watching tv, as soon as I wake up, right before bed, blah blah blah. It's always been my problem and I think I could be successful and keep the weight off using Stills or Atkins, if I could just learn to eat normal portions like normal-weighted people.

So TOM showed up today and the scale was down to 180.8. woo, I gotta get back in the 170s, I tell ya, when I hopped on the scale yesterday and saw it skyrocketed up to the 180s, I damn near fainted. By the way, I refuse to buy new clothes!!! I have some clothes that are still fitting comfortably because I didn't throw them away before, but I gave away all my DD bras so right now, the girls are busting out of this C bra and I am not wasting money on new bras so I gotta get em back down!

So by the way ladies, Berlin was my absolute most favorite city and Cinque Terre, Italy was my absolute most favorite tranquil spot. I am telling you, if you ever get to go on a second honeymoon or vaca w/ your hubbies, definitely check out the Cinque Terre... It's like paradise!! I rented a little apartment in the village of Riomaggiore and I hiked and hiked and hiked along these 5 coastal villages, through grape vineyards and olive groves, with the water always just below. It was truly breathtaking! Plus, you're an easy train ride from Switzerland, Venice or Florence. I actually trained down to Naples early on my last morning so I could visit Pompeii.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gwn. .is that a true picture? OMG. . I wouldn't know what to do if I saw something like that! Wowsers. . .Beautiful. . I have to say it again. . you sure a brave soul. .wish I had the courage to do something so daring..even in my earlier days. . don't ever lose that sense of adventure. .its a wonderful quality! So. .what are your plans now? too bad we couldn't get paid for dieting. .we all do it so well . .

I just couldn't stay off the board. . Today is Friday and no one is working, anyway. .they are all off or shopping or something. .I'm working away eating my health meals and enjoying the solitude! Gwn: I know Weight Watchers works (I'm a lifetime member who kept it off for several years between kiddies). . but when you return to old habit. . it gets you again. . lke the old saying: If nothing changes, nothing changes!! Couldn't have said it better myself. . I am tired of beating myself up. . I just want to eat to live not live to eat. . (I'm so full of them today. . I crack myself up!)

Well. . I better get back to work . I have a lot to finish before 5:00 .. tonight will be the test. . I can have 4 drinks tonight if I don't eat another morsel.. . Hmmm. food vs alcohol. . MMmmm. .that's a tough one. . I'm thinking I should stay sober.. Dang it. . there's no fun in that. .
Old 12-03-2010, 11:49 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
HI Gwen! I'm so glad you are back! I would love to hear more about your travels...what a beautiful pic! I would think now that you are ready to get those carbs out of your life, much of those 20lbs will quickly come off...I totally understand how that could have happened...I know I am very capable of doing that too...(minus the awesome travel experience...I'm too chicken for that! haha...how I admire you!)

Looking at your stats...you really lost a lot of weight. What kind of health benefits did you gain when you got out of those 200's?? I remind myself of the physical pains that I had...that are now gone...and that helps me say no to holiday treats.

But it's still not easy...I feel like I have to stay on guard...anyway, I'm so glad you are back because I wasn't as active on the board when you were really losing and I'd like to hear about what you eat to lose (I know I could go search old posts...but I'm lazy! haha)

IM, please don't leave this thread regardless of what path you chose...Technically, I may not be Stillman's...since i try to add fat...but I love you all so much and we can all benefit from sharing and encouraging each other. I'm very interested in how you like WW...it has worked for countless folks. I can easily think of at least a dozen people I know who have maintained loss with WW.

So many folks struggle with food...but as women we have all of those hormonal issues to deal with too...soooooo...we need you to stay here!!

TOM visited yesterday...that pretty much wiped me out...but luckily there's no school today...so I so much enjoyed sleeping in and taking it easy today. I'm enjoying sitting here looking at the tree...listening to Christmas music. I ate a leftover T-bone for lunch and I've had 2 cups of coffee...very nice. I'll be glad when I get my permanent crown so I can floss...haha
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is a real picture! It was gorgeous... Everything is so steep so I climbed stairs like there was no tomorrow! Ha. What were you thinking of drinking tonight? Me, I had to give up drinking too I just can't drink and do low carb... It was getting a little out of hand anyway, a glass or two of wine every night At least my bank account will have a few extra bucks in it now that I'm back on low carb, I really saved a ton of money last time with it. Right now I am back to bartending but only 2-3x a week, the other days I am buying and selling stuff on ebay and it's going pretty well, I'm off to an auction in 2 hours to buy up some jewelry, hopefully!

Okay well if you decide to go with the drinks tonight IM, you may not need 4, you might get drunk off 2, if you don't have anything else to eat and I don't know about you but I get serious munchies when I'm tipsy!

Okay ladies... I'm out for the evening, have a good night!
Old 12-03-2010, 12:09 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is a real picture! It was gorgeous... Everything is so steep so I climbed stairs like there was no tomorrow! Ha. What were you thinking of drinking tonight? Me, I had to give up drinking too I just can't drink and do low carb... It was getting a little out of hand anyway, a glass or two of wine every night At least my bank account will have a few extra bucks in it now that I'm back on low carb, I really saved a ton of money last time with it. Right now I am back to bartending but only 2-3x a week, the other days I am buying and selling stuff on ebay and it's going pretty well, I'm off to an auction in 2 hours to buy up some jewelry, hopefully!

Okay well if you decide to go with the drinks tonight IM, you may not need 4, you might get drunk off 2, if you don't have anything else to eat and I don't know about you but I get serious munchies when I'm tipsy!

Okay ladies... I'm out for the evening, have a good night!
Old 12-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #54
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Many people loose a load of wait and then pile it all on again pus some extra...what is the secret to keeping it off? Has everyone decided how they will keep their weight in check when they reach goal? It's tricky me thinks.
Me too!! I really dont want to be one of the ones that put it all back on and then some. I wanna cry when I read those posts. I read them as warnings and swear everytime it wont be me.
I wish I knew the secret. I guess the only thing I can think of that would really work would be to eat like a "naturally slim" person...and as far as I can see their real secret is that they have a healthy relationship with food. I def dont and I dont think I ever will.
I think for me exercise will have to be part of maintanance. I would like to eat healthy carbs veg, berries (admitedly I do sometimes anyway.) other than that I don't know. I don't think I'll ever but it all back on tho. I really like being this "thin" and thnk that feeling and the way I felt with the weight on is enough to scare me into keebing it off!!
Old 12-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

well fffff. it. I'm having more keboard brobems. Yes that letter is`gone again!! Think I'm gonna have to buy a new labtob. Gonna wait til the sales!!
Old 12-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

Im2--you are never to leave us-ever!!! I think you're right to change it ub. If WW worked for you before then it will again. I coudn't keeb going on QWL like you have and not be getting the results. You really have had the batience of a Saint.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post

By the way, I refuse to buy new clothes!!!

Oh God yeah that's another rule----never buy bigger clothes, you just wait until they get loser--or even better you have to buy smaller ones!!! ....and that is`sooo addictive!!
Old 12-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

That foto is stunning!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post

...anyway, I'm so glad you are back because I wasn't as active on the board when you were really losing and I'd like to hear about what you eat to lose (I know I could go search old posts...but I'm lazy! haha)
She looses sooooooooo quickly!!.....jealous moi???!!!!! No serious it's like a lb a day!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
OMG!!!! Gwn is back!!!! Im so happy I dont know what to say!!!! Actually, I have lots to say but cant right now!!!! Missed you girlfriend!!! So glad youre back, now I can finally stop cheating!!!! (I actually told everyone I was gonna cheat until you came back, and I didnt really mean it at the time, but it came true!!)

and IM2.. I love you no matter what plan you are on. I happen to be on the Digiorno Diet at the moment and I wont let anyone kick me outta here!

I'll be back!!! Too many people around!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote