Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 03:30 AM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: VeeH
Honestly, I did not mean to get up at 4:30 a.m. (I'm on east coast time, as you know), and may end up taking a nap later today (I don't have to work). I think it's just that I keep falling asleep so early (like at 10), and I just can't sleep very long (never have needed a lot of sleep). This is going to work in my favor, however, come this week, when I have to BE at work at 7:30 a.m.. I'll need the early morning to work out before I leave for my job, and then MAYBE I'll squeeze in another workout in the evening (short one).

I want to work out twice a day, but I hesitate because I don't want my husband to think I'm getting compulsive again (who, me?). Of course, I am a LONG way from being skinny, so maybe he'll be supportive. He's been supportive of my eating so far, even though he also bears witness to my "cheats," though he probably wouldn't call them anything except my normal crazy behavior around food (postprandial snacking for one, as I'll "pick" at this or that after I've had dinner).
VeeH is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2010, 04:58 AM   #482
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeH View Post
They only gave us 45 minutes to eat the food, and if you didn't eat it, you had to drink 2 Ensure Plus supplements (350 cals each!), so you were better off eating the food.

I was so thin and not gaining at the rate that they wanted me to that they were making me have the three meals plus two snacks plus two Ensures throughout the course of the day! I've never felt so overfed in all my life--it was disgusting, because I never had the opportunity to feel real hunger. UGH!!! Never again!

BTW, are you a teacher? (I'm guessing.) What do you teach? I taught for a little while.
With us it was a weirdy ricey--almost like baby food (miluppa?) concoction!!

Yup! I teach English at a college in Germany!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:00 AM   #483
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
and my attitude is so all or nothing that I start thinking, "Well, I already blew it with the sugar and calories, so I might as well have some fill-in-the-blank-off-plan-food."
Yup me too!
Old 12-13-2010, 05:09 AM   #484
Big Yapper!!!!

OMG!!!! Just watching tv---and there was a report about ANTM--the new one--think she's called Ann Ward (never understand German when they say English names!) She's 188cms----is that 6'2?????? weighs 45kgs (99lbs) and wait for it has a waist of 15cms (5.9inches!!!) OMG!! Is this true???? And they wonder why more and more young girls have eating disorders????
Old 12-13-2010, 05:10 AM   #485
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Wow! We have even more in common! I used to teach English (everything from first-year composition to research to fiction writing) at Arizona State University. I also taught drama (literary analysis and acting) to gifted 5th and 6th graders and 7th and 8th graders during the summers for John Hopkins University. THAT was a blast!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 05:10 AM   #486
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I want to work out twice a day, but I hesitate because I don't want my husband to think I'm getting compulsive again (who, me?). .
Old 12-13-2010, 05:19 AM   #487
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Wow! We have even more in common! I used to teach English (everything from first-year composition to research to fiction writing) at Arizona State University. I also taught drama (literary analysis and acting) to gifted 5th and 6th graders and 7th and 8th graders during the summers for John Hopkins University. THAT was a blast!!!
Oh I'd love to teach drama to children!!!!!!!!!! Actually I'd still love to be a primary school teacher-always was going to it after my degree (did music and German)but then grad school (MA and PhD) got in the way-and I ended up teaching at uni. and it kinda got lost........but the thought of going back to college myself -eek!..........can't do it while I'm teaching here but maybe I will go back when go home!! You can do it part-time now-at the weekends!!
Seriously tho, I've been really thinking about it when the contract in Germany is up. I think if I don't I'll always regret it

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 12-13-2010, 05:20 AM   #488
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok gotta get back to work!!
Old 12-13-2010, 06:18 AM   #489
Senior LCF Member

GT: I'm currently getting my master's in counseling--ironic, considering I have all these food problems, right? Actually, I plan on working with veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan on issues of depression and co-morbid substance abuse, so it's not as if I'll be bringing my own craziness to work. I also plan to continue my fiction writing (when I finally come up for air) as I also have an MFA (terminal degree) in it, and I miss my writing.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:33 AM   #490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Honestly, I did not mean to get up at 4:30 a.m. (I'm on east coast time, as you know), and may end up taking a nap later today (I don't have to work). I think it's just that I keep falling asleep so early (like at 10), and I just can't sleep very long (never have needed a lot of sleep). This is going to work in my favor, however, come this week, when I have to BE at work at 7:30 a.m.. I'll need the early morning to work out before I leave for my job, and then MAYBE I'll squeeze in another workout in the evening (short one).

I want to work out twice a day, but I hesitate because I don't want my husband to think I'm getting compulsive again (who, me?). Of course, I am a LONG way from being skinny, so maybe he'll be supportive. He's been supportive of my eating so far, even though he also bears witness to my "cheats," though he probably wouldn't call them anything except my normal crazy behavior around food (postprandial snacking for one, as I'll "pick" at this or that after I've had dinner).
Vee, more energy and needing less sleep are symptoms of the Stillman way...just a thought.

Quote:
With us it was a weirdy ricey--almost like baby food (miluppa?) concoction!!

GT you're a professor?impressed!

Quote:
and you also a professor, too!

Wow, surrounded by smarties!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:37 AM   #491
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
HELLOOOOOOO DAY ONE!!!!!

Well peeps. This is my start. My new beginning! You all are the best and I can not let you down. I realize I can't cheer you on if Im not on plan myself! Sorry for all the negativity over the weeks. Im done with that and ready to get back to business!!!

My scale pushed way over the limit this morning but that was exactly the kick in the pants I needed. I dont know why I have to hit rock bottom before I can start climbing back to the top. I love the challenge though. Maintenance can be sooo boring. Theres nothing like a plan and dropping pounds every other day! Stillman rocks! Meat it is!!!

My aunt gave me a Costco card and Im quite excited. I may treat myself to a prime rib rack today. carbs wont even be a thought in my mind if I can have yummy delicious red meat!! Ill probably pick up a 20 lb. turkey too if theres a good price, other wise I'll just stick with the ground stuff. Not going near chicken breast this week. Its way too plain and way to boring and Im afraid it wont be enough to keep me on track. I'll add it back next week.

Wow..Im feeling good. Feeling fat but good. Hubby told me last night that I should stay right where I am (weight), but I should probably start being a little more careful with my food choices. I appreciate the honesty because I have packed on the pounds in a very short amount of time. Good to know I still look OK to him.

I wonder what people think of me? I really dont know anyone that has been fat and skinny and then chubby and skinny and up and down all over the place. Or maybe I just havent noticed? No. I would definitely notice. Anyway, on with round 27... Back to meat. Back to skinny!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:42 AM   #492
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi CC!!!! With all these smarties, I feel so dumb!!!

I have no desire to go back to school. Im the one that wants to quit working and have lots of kids!!

On the flipside, if I had waited until now to have children, I wouldnt. I would be going out dancing on the weekends, romantic dinners, lots of getaways through the years!!! A permanent honeymoon. Kids change everything, but I wouldnt take any of my choices back!!
Old 12-13-2010, 06:50 AM   #493
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
Do you have any other tips/words of advice for a new Stillman's dieter?

Is it reasonable to assume that once I lose these 40lbs, I can transition into Atkins and live at my goal weight following Atkins maintenance?

Looking forward to dropping pounds with you in january!!! You are gonna be our new champ. I can tell. With all the research and planning, there will be no stopping you!!! Pick your start day. Mark it on the calender. Grill up your meats and have lots on hand. get your water ready. IM2 had a great idea of elastics on the water bottle, sliding them up as you guzzled one down. Start on a day that wont be very active and wont be very stressful. You will be cranky and you'll want to cheat, so go to bed instead. This can last 3 days. Keep telling yourself that its gonna get better and push through those days.

About maintenance.. Dont have a clue. Maybe you can be the one to test out the waters for us!!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 06:52 AM   #494
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
whats up with this site cuase I am BLOCKED!!! Darn there must be some goodies on there.
so it was just a cute little stocking...what gives. the huge warning sign that flashed across my work screen acted like it was gonna be naked kittys!!
Old 12-13-2010, 06:53 AM   #495
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
OMG promise me you will never go vegan......I did for three years and I got fat, my teeth suffered, and it sent me into menopause!!!!!!!!!
how horrible. I read the China Study and went veggie for a few days. I picked up that TVP and made fake sloppy joes. I always knew I was a meat eater.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:57 AM   #496
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
"clean plate club"
I am this groups founding member. I think I need the reverse physcology. I need plate full of food in front of me and Im only allowed 3 bites, waiting a few minutes in between, then I have to throw it away. Im being serious. I wolf food down.

Thank you so much Vee and GT for being so open. I really appreciate it.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:59 AM   #497
Blabbermouth!!!

Vee- Todays the day, right?!?! Lets rock it. Put up your stats so we can all rejoice in the results!!! and pick out a really cool avi too!

Gwn- Bring back Bastardino!!! loved that little snaggle-tooth!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:01 AM   #498
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
She's 188cms----is that 6'2?????? weighs 45kgs (99lbs) and wait for it has a waist of 15cms (5.9inches!!!) OMG!! Is this true???? And they wonder why more and more young girls have eating disorders????
Im curious but I wont even try to search this poor woman out.. makes me sad. (if you did your math correctly.. )
Old 12-13-2010, 07:04 AM   #499
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I want to work out twice a day
Dont start today Vee. give yourself of few days to focus on the meat! Are you working out now or planning to jump right in? You will be so impressed at the weight loss without the exercise, that I think you'll be satisfied taking the exercise slow.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:07 AM   #500
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
(((yawn))) . . I was a busy beaver today. worked all dang day. . it is almost midnight and I don't think i got off my computer once except to ship up a mean meal of meat and more meat. .kids even got into the grove for dinner. . loved the beef on chicken concoction I created. . Wish I was more awake to answer all the posts but I'm whipped!

Hugs to all. .Let's make Monday an On Plan day. . no matter what. .

We can do this. .
a mean meal of meat! I love it!!! Even as busy as you are, you still take the time to make a visit. Just want to say thanks and I hope things settle down a little for you this week! Im in bed by 9:30 last night and that was late!!

YUP. Its Monday, Its my on plan day!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:13 AM   #501
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hey, Milo! I absolutely cannot drink anything or my resolve flies out the window--I guess because I know I'm consuming sugar (alcohol of any kind) and my attitude is so all or nothing that I start thinking, "Well, I already blew it with the sugar and calories, so I might as well have some fill-in-the-blank-off-plan-food."

I guess I also--in my pea brain--think of anything with calories as "food." I know, I'm a fruitloop!
When Im in the zone, (like right now) I can drink and not cheat. and I am the all or nothing girl too, but I allow myself spirits from time to time so its not considered an "all"...

Drinking on this plan can mess you up! and I dont mean mess up and cheat, I mean buzzed! I am able to drink on an Atkins style plan and still walk, but going meat for weeks wouldnt even allow it. Like passing out after half a glass. Doesnt stop me from trying though. and dont ever ever take tequila shots on Stillmans. a lesson I wish I never learned....
Old 12-13-2010, 07:14 AM   #502
Blabbermouth!!!

ugh....I cant even say the word Patron out loud......
Old 12-13-2010, 07:14 AM   #503
Blabbermouth!!!

OK. gotta go! Have a great day peeps!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 08:00 AM   #504
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi CC!!!! With all these smarties, I feel so dumb!!!

I have no desire to go back to school. Im the one that wants to quit working and have lots of kids!!

On the flipside, if I had waited until now to have children, I wouldnt. I would be going out dancing on the weekends, romantic dinners, lots of getaways through the years!!! A permanent honeymoon. Kids change everything, but I wouldnt take any of my choices back!!
yeah, I'm the college dropout, too. I wanted to work.show me the money!

Gave to agree on having kids early-when you have the energy and are still a kid, too.

Quote:
so it was just a cute little stocking...what gives. the huge warning sign that flashed across my work screen acted like it was gonna be naked kittys!!
They must have their system set to block sites with certain content...common in the workplace...

Quote:
how horrible. I read the China Study and went veggie for a few days. I picked up that TVP and made fake sloppy joes. I always knew I was a meat eater.
ugh that stuff was sooooo gross.......I was always a meat girl since I was a kid; I'd take roast beef over sweets any day! I just got sucked right in when I read Skinny B*tch, it was like I had joined a cult or something, it all sounded so convincing.

Quote:
When Im in the zone, (like right now) I can drink and not cheat. and I am the all or nothing girl too, but I allow myself spirits from time to time so its not considered an "all"...

Drinking on this plan can mess you up! and I dont mean mess up and cheat, I mean buzzed! I am able to drink on an Atkins style plan and still walk, but going meat for weeks wouldnt even allow it. Like passing out after half a glass. Doesnt stop me from trying though. and dont ever ever take tequila shots on Stillmans. a lesson I wish I never learned....
you need more practice
Old 12-13-2010, 08:33 AM   #505
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Dont start today Vee. give yourself of few days to focus on the meat! Are you working out now or planning to jump right in? You will be so impressed at the weight loss without the exercise, that I think you'll be satisfied taking the exercise slow.
Thanks for letting me off the hook! It's my day off today, and I cannot get motivated to exercise. I don't know what's up--the weather? (We just got snow.) Anyway, I actually feel relieved that I don't HAVE to exercise (maybe I will later, anyway, but I have plenty to keep me busy this afternoon as it is).
Old 12-13-2010, 08:49 AM   #506
Senior LCF Member

I am on plan and on board today!!! Let's all keep each other motivated and accountable. I had two poached eggs for breakfast. Lunch will be a turkey burger--maybe dinner, too. I can't do any more chicken for a few days myself. I do have some lean ground beef. Don't feel like traipsing down to Whole Foods for my turkey breast today (even though it's not snowing anymore), and am not much in the mood for tuna today. I WILL do this and get over the three-day hump.

Am experiencing a little stress today, as I have a counseling role-play to do with a PhD supervisor tomorrow, and I don't feel prepared, so I've got to brush up on my skill set today. This will be a first for me--not reaching for carbs when I feel stressed, and not celebrating with carbs (when tomorrow is over). Help me stay on track!

Also, I just want to say that I'm not really comfortable posting my stats, because I think people will think I DON"T need to lose weight, when I really do--even my mother, sister, and husband think so (though he likes me fine the way I am, bless his heart). I am, I think as I mentioned before, very small-boned, so I don't wear any extra weight well. I know I'm being overly self-conscious and, perhaps, paranoid, but I don't really want to think so much in terms of numbers; I'd rather focus on fitting back in to all the beautiful clothes I have from two years ago--including my Seven jeans!
Old 12-13-2010, 08:58 AM   #507
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Be yourself. Because the people that matter, don't mind. And the one's that mind, don't matter.

have a gr8 day all!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #508
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Oh how I have MISSED you guys!!! I took a much needed "break" to deal with all the "stuff" that happened in October. Yes, that "break" did also mean a break from Stillman's

I have changed my stats to reflect the 10 pound gain........... and here I was thinking that Thanksgiving would be EASY because of turkey - didn't count on all the other stuff (food and emotions) that would be "side dishes".

I do not look forward to the detox this week but I am looking forward to getting back into that carb-LESS feeling that I get from a meat diet.

I think I am partly mourning the loss of activities that I used to do - like making cookies and candy, cooking TONS of food, etc. I just haven't found something to replace those activities ...... yet.

Sharon - feeling partly "Grinch" and partly "Elfish"
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:18 AM   #509
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Hey, Milo! I absolutely cannot drink anything or my resolve flies out the window--I guess because I know I'm consuming sugar (alcohol of any kind) and my attitude is so all or nothing that I start thinking, "Well, I already blew it with the sugar and calories, so I might as well have some fill-in-the-blank-off-plan-food."

I guess I also--in my pea brain--think of anything with calories as "food." I know, I'm a fruitloop!
Well. .That's a good way to think. . I actually "used to think" drinking calories didn't count cuz i'd just pee them out anyway.. and look where it got me!!!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:18 AM   #510
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Also, I just want to say that I'm not really comfortable posting my stats, because I think people will think I DON"T need to lose weight, when I really do--even my mother, sister, and husband think so (though he likes me fine the way I am, bless his heart). I am, I think as I mentioned before, very small-boned, so I don't wear any extra weight well. I know I'm being overly self-conscious and, perhaps, paranoid, but I don't really want to think so much in terms of numbers; I'd rather focus on fitting back in to all the beautiful clothes I have from two years ago--including my Seven jeans!

Woohoo! Today is the day!!! No biggie with the stats. Sorry for being nosey!! Heres to getting into those Sevens!!!!

and by the way...unfortunately Im wearing my EIGHTS!!!! ugh....