Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #451
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Ok peeps I'm off to bed! I have to teach at 8:00
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2010, 02:54 PM   #452
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
. And listing takes time and patience, not many people care to do it.

(munching giant turkey thigh with hot sauce...yum!)
It all sounds like too much work for me!!

I need to pick up a turkey tomorrow. Did you make soup too?
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #453
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
Aleriaaa, thank you so much for this!

When I was interested in raw veganism (uggh!) they suggested eating "mono-meals" where you only eat one food in a meal. I think I'm going to follow this suggestion when I do Stillman's...as many eggs as I can stand for breakfast...as much canned tuna as I can stand for lunch...as much ground turkey as I can stand for dinner. Dairy and I don't get along, so none of that for me.

Question for all you Stillmanites: how did you handle a social life while on the plan? I'm doing this after the holidays so I won't have to worry about parties and the like, but I'm worried about how I'll be able to go out socializing at restaurants and bars with friends. Did you tell anyone you were dieting? Did anyone notice you were only eating lean meat? Did anyone say anything to you?

I'm considering telling people that I'm on an allergy testing diet if anyone asks. Otherwise, I plan on keeping my mouth shut & hoping no one notices.
You are gonna do GREAT!!!! Just watch the number of eggs! Did Stillman have an egg rule anyone? Im thinking 2???

As far as restaurants, I normally order a steak. No one will notice if you're not eating the baked potato on the side.. As the weight started falling off of me, I didnt mind telling people what I was doing and had no problem telling the waitress to keep the sides. I've ordered 2 sides of chicken before and they usually charge me what it costs to add to a salad.

Some are very excepting of my diet and others have told me I was gonna die! They said I was gonna get scurvy. So.. Dont listen to those people!!!
Old 12-12-2010, 03:05 PM   #454
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
and toaster (which I don't use anymore cos bread is baaad!!)
You got that right!
Old 12-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #455
Blabbermouth!!!

Milo! You should start tomorrow with me. When is your next get together? You can drop 10 pounds this week. I am tellin ya!!
Old 12-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #456
Blabbermouth!!!

whats up with this site cuase I am BLOCKED!!! Darn there must be some goodies on there.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:24 PM   #457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
I don't write 'em......but I do share. If this offends any of you please say so and I will delete it.

__________________________________________________ __________________

From the land of frequent strikes… British humor at its best

"Suicide Bombers to go on Strike"

Muslim suicide bombers in Britain are set to begin a three-day strike on Monday in a dispute over the number of virgins they are entitled to in the afterlife. Emergency talks with Al Qaeda have so far failed to produce an agreement.

The unrest began last Tuesday when Al Qaeda announced that the number of virgins a suicide bomber would receive after his death will be cut by 25% this February, from 72 to only 60. The rationale for the cut was the increase in recent years of the number of suicide bombings and a subsequent shortage of virgins in the afterlife.

The suicide bomber's union, the British Organization of Occupational Martyrs (BOOM) responded with a statement that this was unacceptable to its members and immediately balloted for strike action. General Secretary Abdullah Amir told the press, "Our members are literally working themselves to death in the cause of Jihad. We don't ask for much in return, and to be treated like this is like a kick in the teeth."

Speaking from his shed in Tipton in the West Midlands, in which he currently resides, Al Qaeda chief executive Osama bin Laden explained, "We sympathize with our workers concerns, but Al Qaeda is simply not in a position to meet their demands. They are simply not accepting the realities of modern-day Jihad in a competitive marketplace.

"Thanks to Western depravity there is now a chronic shortage of virgins in the afterlife. It's a straight choice between reducing expenditure and laying people off. “I don't like cutting wages but I'd hate to have to tell 3,000 of my staff that they won't be able to blow themselves up."

Spokespersons for the Union in the north east of England, Ireland, Wales and the entire Australian continent & of course United States and Canada stated that the strike would not affect their operations, as "there are no virgins in their areas anyway."

Apparently the drop in the number of suicide bombings has been put down to the emergence of Scottish singing star Susan Boyle - now that Muslims know what an actual virgin looks like they are not so keen on going to paradise.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:57 PM   #458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Aleriaaa, thank you so much for this!

When I was interested in raw veganism (uggh!) they suggested eating "mono-meals" where you only eat one food in a meal. I think I'm going to follow this suggestion when I do Stillman's...as many eggs as I can stand for breakfast...as much canned tuna as I can stand for lunch...as much ground turkey as I can stand for dinner. Dairy and I don't get along, so none of that for me.

Question for all you Stillmanites: how did you handle a social life while on the plan? I'm doing this after the holidays so I won't have to worry about parties and the like, but I'm worried about how I'll be able to go out socializing at restaurants and bars with friends. Did you tell anyone you were dieting? Did anyone notice you were only eating lean meat? Did anyone say anything to you?

I'm considering telling people that I'm on an allergy testing diet if anyone asks. Otherwise, I plan on keeping my mouth shut & hoping no one notices.
OMG promise me you will never go vegan......I did for three years and I got fat, my teeth suffered, and it sent me into menopause!!!!!!!!!

I have few friends and they all know I am insane anyway so they don't care

But I tell servers I am diabetic and a celiac if they ask...which they mostly don't.

Quote:
Ooooooh!!!! Actually I prefer the second one!!! love bows too!!!!!
the first is an ornament, the second a stocking.

Quote:
Coolest link!!!!!! I have a HK hairdryer!!! Have a pink kettle and toaster (which I don't use anymore cos bread is baaad!!) Saw that HK one in a shop tho and thought the Kitty face was too cute!! That Kitty mood lamp is cool--bet Kitty's always in a good mood!!
OMG hilarious! I just do shirts, lounge pants and socks.

Quote:
Ok peeps I'm off to bed! I have to teach at 8:00
blessed nite girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
It all sounds like too much work for me!!

I need to pick up a turkey tomorrow. Did you make soup too?
With the kids I doubt you would even have the time!

Made soup with the first half, now I have the back thawed and homemade stock in the fridge so tomorrow when the temps plunge to the teens I will be making more. I still have carrots to use up, and some asparagus, then I will be back to Stills when it's gone.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #459
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Quote:
Milo! You should start tomorrow with me. When is your next get together? You can drop 10 pounds this week. I am tellin ya!!
Someone upthread posted how great of a cheerleader you are, and I have to agree! I have a bunch of holiday parties coming up, and I'm getting through them Atkins style (drinking vodka & club sodas instead of beer/wine, skipping the cookies/candy/rolls and eating nuts/sliced meats/veggies instead.) I'm not going to be ready for Stillman's til January, but I am going to jump in on 1/2/11 with full force!

Do you have any other tips/words of advice for a new Stillman's dieter?

Is it reasonable to assume that once I lose these 40lbs, I can transition into Atkins and live at my goal weight following Atkins maintenance?

I promise I never want to go back to my carby junk food ways. I would just like to be able to one day eat meat/fat/vegetables with the occasional nuts/low glycemic fruit/piece of chocolate, and not have to struggle to maintain my goal weight.
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #460
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: VeeH
Quote:
It's all about why you use food to control things. That not eating is the secondary thing. Food isn't the cause of the problem (eh hello!) Then they deal with body image etc.
Actually the eating part is the worst--you literally sit in a room with a meal to eat--and you don't leave until everyone has eaten up!! Or they show you food and ask you how you feel when you look at it. Or show you picks of different bodies at different weights and make you say where you feel you would be...
Having said that it's 10 year ago that I had treatment so I reckon a lot has changed since then!!
Not much has changed. Ditto all the above. I also had a "treatment team": medical Dr., shrink, therapist, and nutritionist. The part that I would hate the most is being forced to do the "clean plate club" (eating ALL THAT FOOD, which is mostly carbs). I was so miserable, I didn't think I would make it. It was truly traumatizing for someone who was very sick.

(Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I was out all day today.)
VeeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #461
Senior LCF Member

What do I want for Christmas? TO BE SKINNY! HAHAHA!!! But I don't think my husband can buy me that, so I think I'm getting a new watch and probably some exercise DVDs and I would like a pair of cashmere-lined leather gloves. I don't need any clothes, as I have a closet full of clothes that will once again (someday soon?) fit me.

A: I am starting over tomorrow and hope to make it through those first three days, because I hate that I am "prolonging the torture," as you put it. I was pretty good today, but I did have some steamed broccoli with dinner, so I did not strictly do meat. Will definitely set as my goal making it through the next three days. Thanks for the kick in the pants I needed!
Old 12-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vee. I think your plan is very doable and when you have a plan then things go well. If every day is a crapshoot and you are unprepared then falling off the wagon is more probable if not inevitable.

Is it just you and DH or are you with kids? That can make it tougher.

go you, and go us, and go meat!
Old 12-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #463
Senior LCF Member

It's just me and DH. No kids. No plans to have kids.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hear that. I knew when I was around nine or ten that kids were not in the plan.

Coming from a divorced home at 6 probbly had a lot to do with it.

Sorry Mom (she's over it-now the kittens are her grandchildren, and her DH's kids are costing them a small fortune) and then when I had to discontinue birth control I found out that after all those years on the pill the damned plumbing was broke anyway..........and BF shoots silver bullets, he has two from a previous.

Mom was a fraternal twin...which means the cycle was effed up from the start. So it wasn't meant to be. Just not a fertile Myrtle...........and gladly so.

I know you moms out there think that's totally off the map but it is what it is. My children are my BF and my kitties. Count 'em-15! (not counting BF!)
Old 12-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
(((yawn))) . . I was a busy beaver today. worked all dang day. . it is almost midnight and I don't think i got off my computer once except to ship up a mean meal of meat and more meat. .kids even got into the grove for dinner. . loved the beef on chicken concoction I created. . Wish I was more awake to answer all the posts but I'm whipped!

Hugs to all. .Let's make Monday an On Plan day. . no matter what. .

We can do this. .
IM2fat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #466
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
(((yawn)))Hugs to all. .Let's make Monday an On Plan day. . no matter what. .

We can do this. .
I'm in! Don't know what I'm doing up right now (fell asleep on the couch, so I must have been whipped, too!). Decided to check in on here to see if anyone had posted... I think this forum is my new addiction!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:14 AM   #467
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
They said I was gonna get scurvy. So.. Dont listen to those people!!!
read that while I was having breakie!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:16 AM   #468
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
whats up with this site cuase I am BLOCKED!!! Darn there must be some goodies on there.
No way!!!!!!!! I am soooo glad you're not blocked from LCF!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:22 AM   #469
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Someone upthread posted how great of a cheerleader you are, and I have to agree!
She is THE best!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:27 AM   #470
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeH View Post
being forced to do the "clean plate club" (eating ALL THAT FOOD, which is mostly carbs)
It didn't have a name in my day!!! The name alone would just annoy me!! You'd be just sitting there for hours (what felt like it anyway!) and the food would be freeeeezing!!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:29 AM   #471
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
What do I want for Christmas? TO BE SKINNY! HAHAHA!!! But I don't think my husband can buy me that,
Oooooh I'm marry the man who's selling that !!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:31 AM   #472
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
What do I want for Christmas? TO BE SKINNY! HAHAHA!!! But I don't think my husband can buy me that, so I think I'm getting a new watch and probably some exercise DVDs and I would like a pair of cashmere-lined leather gloves. I don't need any clothes, as I have a closet full of clothes that will once again (someday soon?) fit me.

A: I am starting over tomorrow and hope to make it through those first three days, because I hate that I am "prolonging the torture," as you put it. I was pretty good today, but I did have some steamed broccoli with dinner, so I did not strictly do meat. Will definitely set as my goal making it through the next three days. Thanks for the kick in the pants I needed!
I like broccoli---and it's a vlc veg-so it's a good choice!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:34 AM   #473
Big Yapper!!!!

I couldn't imagine never having children--I want lots (well a few!)
Old 12-13-2010, 12:35 AM   #474
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
(((yawn))) . . I was a busy beaver today. worked all dang day. . it is almost midnight and I don't think i got off my computer once except to ship up a mean meal of meat and more meat. .kids even got into the grove for dinner. . loved the beef on chicken concoction I created. . Wish I was more awake to answer all the posts but I'm whipped!

Hugs to all. .Let's make Monday an On Plan day. . no matter what. .

We can do this. .
Hey Im2!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:38 AM   #475
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I.. I think this forum is my new addiction!
Yup I'm checking this while trying to get out the door for work!!! It is soooo addictive tho! And I never saw the point in things like this(FB, Twitter)--now I know why they're so loved!!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:39 AM   #476
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok gotta get to class!!!! BBL
Old 12-13-2010, 01:58 AM   #477
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It didn't have a name in my day!!! The name alone would just annoy me!! You'd be just sitting there for hours (what felt like it anyway!) and the food would be freeeeezing!!
They only gave us 45 minutes to eat the food, and if you didn't eat it, you had to drink 2 Ensure Plus supplements (350 cals each!), so you were better off eating the food.

I was so thin and not gaining at the rate that they wanted me to that they were making me have the three meals plus two snacks plus two Ensures throughout the course of the day! I've never felt so overfed in all my life--it was disgusting, because I never had the opportunity to feel real hunger. UGH!!! Never again!

BTW, are you a teacher? (I'm guessing.) What do you teach? I taught for a little while.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:07 AM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I couldn't imagine never having children--I want lots (well a few!)
My husband and I got married thinking we WOULD have children, but as the years went by (I've been married seven), we decided we liked each other's company too much and were, by that time, sort of "stuck in our ways." Plus, siblings and cousins were having kids, so we got to be the cool uncle and auntie. We get to spoil them, and that's just fine with us!

By the way, I do love children--they crack me up--but I love my life the way it is, too. I think that people who have children should be prepared to be totally and utterly selfless (children deserve no less), and I guess I haven't gotten to that point (after all, I am currently in grad school, which is a "selfish" endeavor, so to speak).

Anyway, I'm rambling. Have a great day, everyone! Stay on track no matter what!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:13 AM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have a bunch of holiday parties coming up, and I'm getting through them Atkins style (drinking vodka & club sodas instead of beer/wine, skipping the cookies/candy/rolls and eating nuts/sliced meats/veggies instead.)
Hey, Milo! I absolutely cannot drink anything or my resolve flies out the window--I guess because I know I'm consuming sugar (alcohol of any kind) and my attitude is so all or nothing that I start thinking, "Well, I already blew it with the sugar and calories, so I might as well have some fill-in-the-blank-off-plan-food."

I guess I also--in my pea brain--think of anything with calories as "food." I know, I'm a fruitloop!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:29 AM   #480
Senior LCF Member

Honestly, I did not mean to get up at 4:30 a.m. (I'm on east coast time, as you know), and may end up taking a nap later today (I don't have to work). I think it's just that I keep falling asleep so early (like at 10), and I just can't sleep very long (never have needed a lot of sleep). This is going to work in my favor, however, come this week, when I have to BE at work at 7:30 a.m.. I'll need the early morning to work out before I leave for my job, and then MAYBE I'll squeeze in another workout in the evening (short one).

I want to work out twice a day, but I hesitate because I don't want my husband to think I'm getting compulsive again (who, me?). Of course, I am a LONG way from being skinny, so maybe he'll be supportive. He's been supportive of my eating so far, even though he also bears witness to my "cheats," though he probably wouldn't call them anything except my normal crazy behavior around food (postprandial snacking for one, as I'll "pick" at this or that after I've had dinner).