Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 09:15 AM   #301
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Dont hate me...there are so many sales on all the things I already bought!!! I just dont have the time driving all around town at odd hours. Plus, most of the sales are on weekends.

Last edited by aleriaaa; 12-11-2010 at 09:16 AM..
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2010, 09:16 AM   #302
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
thanks!!

she may even be 5' and a half!!! I would love to know what she weighs..anyone see Burlesque yet??
No not yet!! But I want to! I always get those mags at say what celebs weigh and OMG-nothing!!!! They never ever weigh more than 120lbs--and hats prob the "curvy" ones!! Hate that word! and then the ones who like drop 10lbs overnight---it kills me!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:17 AM   #303
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
those fashion mag pics were from a long time ago....hahaha

I should post now pics but Im too embarrased!
Bet you look the same!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:21 AM   #304
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
ok GT.... look at Christina's leg in my avi.... I dont think its humanly possible for my calf to be that thin. Wonder if callentics would do the trick.

I have popeye calves....
You don't have popeye calves!
I hate people with skinny legs!!! Callanetics is crap!! I'm very impatient I know but seriously if ya read the reviews it's like I lost 20inches in 2 hrs---ok slight exageration!!!! but still!! I haven't lost anything, don't feel more toned or bendier or anything! Still I'm not gonna give up!! It's not going to beat me!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:23 AM   #305
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
In fact, I think my calves rub together when I walk....
No they don't!!!!!!!! I have tears in my eyes!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:25 AM   #306
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
You don't have popeye calves!
I hate people with skinny legs!!! Callanetics is crap!! I'm very impatient I know but seriously if ya read the reviews it's like I lost 20inches in 2 hrs---ok slight exageration!!!! but still!! I haven't lost anything, don't feel more toned or bendier or anything! Still I'm not gonna give up!! It's not going to beat me!
yes i do!! I just looked at my pic when I was 113 and I still had popeye calves. smaller popeye calves but still!

If I was 113, then Christina must be like 80 in my avi.

You are so good on the exercise. I know you'll keep it up and get the results you want. And you'll probably convince me to join in the fun!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:26 AM   #307
Blabbermouth!!!

oh vomit. I just looked at my pic on the kiddie ride!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:32 AM   #308
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

If I was 113, then Christina must be like 80 in my avi.
ugh I hate skinny people!!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #309
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
ugh I hate skinny people!!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:40 AM   #310
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
oh vomit. I just looked at my pic on the kiddie ride!!!
Vomit too--I'm wearing a cardigan that actually wouldn't close and zip up at all at my biggest. It's a size 18/20. I just couldn't buy the bigger size cos --well just couldn't!!! It's the only thing I have left now and I only wear it around the house if I'm cold. I's a lovely light pink colour.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:45 AM   #311
Blabbermouth!!!

and now you can wrap it around you 5 times! WOOHOO GT!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #312
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
and now you can wrap it around you 5 times! WOOHOO GT!!!
well almost!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:53 AM   #313
Big Yapper!!!!

Putting on a face mask!! Cos ya wanted to know!!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #314
Big Yapper!!!!

ugh watching the German news--people in the street are being interviewed and they all have their Christmas shopping done!!!b I have organised people!------and if you're organised and skinny then you're top of my hit list!!
Wonder if it was the Irish news what would it be--I'm guessing they wouldn't have their shopping done!!
Old 12-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/180/160 5'5"
AL and GT, you both are cracking me up this morning!

Coming to this thread is so helpful to get things in perspective...

I feel like I could eat at that party tonight and gain all my weight back by morning time! haha

I bought a antipasta or antipasto (whatever it's called) tray from Sam's to take to the party...I hope to stick with that. My good friend makes gumbo every year and it's very good...I wonder if I eat the gumbo but not pour it over the rice...that might be my indulgence for the night.

You know how it can offend people when you don't eat their stuff they worked so hard to make. I sort of wish everyone would bring store bought stuff...I don't feel bad saying no to that! haha

I'm so afraid of what sugar might do to me...I'm so afraid it will make me dislike steak and meat and want carbs again. When I was overboard on carbs...I really hated my lack of self control...

Those of you that have carbed up...did it give you an aversion to the clean eating LC way?? KWIM? How hard was it to get back on the Stilly Ship??

I feel like I'm Robert Frost...
"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
and sorry I could not travel both..."

Plus next week at school they will be having some faculty get togethers...you know when all the kids are around you dn't get to visit much...this would be a nice time to visit. Of course I can be there and not eat the goodies...just drink coffee..I dunno...the fact that I'm thinking about party food so much bothers me...maybe I've let too much of something bad get in me that's sparking cravings...

This is the only place I can share these thoughts with and y'all understand!

I think I'll just get busy doing something...and get my mind off of FOOD!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:20 AM   #316
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Becky! This morning??!! It's 7:00pm with me!!
You won't gain your weight back overnight!!!!!!! I don't really have any good advice for you, I'm sorry. I know that the right way is to eat up before you go so that you won't be tempted to eat anything.......but this ime of year is really hard. I know what you mean about people taking the trouble to make something and you not wanting to be rude and not eat it. (I think it's a great idea to bring something LC for everyone to eat). I used to feel that and I still hear it-actually from my Mum who goes, when i say I was somewhere-well I hope you ate something and just didn't sit there!! But I've learned that I'm not being rude. Having a great time and enjoying some ones's company has nothing to do with what you do or don't eat.
Any time I "carb up" as you call it !! I call it cheating myself!!! It only confirms to me how much I like eating the LC way--feeling lighter, better. Plus if I do eat other things it comes with so much guilt and self loathing that's it's really not worth it. As you say when I eat off-plan I feel really out of control.
I think the perfect thing would be (other than not eating anything carby at all) would be to chose maybe one thing at one party that you're going to eat--and---and this is the important thing---really enjoy it, every last bit-----but then after that straight away (and this is more important!)to jump right back on plan--even if you're not hungry when you get home eat some meat so that you're telling yourself I'm back on plan, I'm back in control. I've enjoyed my treat and now I'm continuing on my journey to health.
I think if you can do that you'll be fine!! I think every one will say it is def important not to have the "all or nothing" attitude--I've broken it now so I might as well eat everything in site!!!
Now if I could just take my own advice...........

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 12-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

Well, it's really noon here...but I haven't done much today so it felt like morning to me! haha

Thank you GT, what great words...it means a lot to hear from some who has maintained such a great loss.

I think some of my problem is maybe I have a little bit of pride when I can say, "I haven't had sugar in 6 1/2 months!" Maybe I don't want to lose that bragging right! haha...

If I see something that really speaks to me...I might have a bit...but I'm hoping to stay with my meat and cheese plan.

Thank you so much for the advice!! You are amazing!
Old 12-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #318
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh I'm not!!!!!
I think you're right to be proud!! 6months!! wow!
I really don't think tho that if you do go off-plan that you should beat yourself up about it. Enjoy it, move on!!
I truly believe that that is the difference between naturally slim people and let's say people like me!! It's their healthy attitude to food.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #319
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok peeps!! Me and my bike have a date!!!
I can't get into the iTunes store for days--it's really annoying. It keeps saying sorry the iTunes store isn't available at the moment, please try again later. I want some new music!!
Old 12-11-2010, 11:13 AM   #320
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Becky!!! GT gave some great advice!! Im gonna take some of it. Especially the eat before I go and the eat meat as soon as I get home to tell myself Im back on plan! Thanks GT. That was awesome!!

If I were you, I'd keep on bragging and not give in! Your accomplishments are tremendous and commendable!!!!! Dont let the holidays get in your way!! Some say it takes a minimim of 6 months zero carb to become adapted. You are so there!! I told you before, if I could take anything back, it would be that first cheat, or carb up as you say!

Each time I have gone off plan, I have to hit rock bottom before I can truly get back on and each time I fall, my weight gets a little higher and higher before I start again. We are much thinner now than when we began our journey, so for me if gives me too much room to let myself cheat cause I still dont weigh what I used to weigh, but it doesnt make me happy. I accept it, but I can still be miserable about it. So why dont I get back on and stay on?!? Who knows... it stumps me.

If we were to take a poll on if Becky should cheat, I would be on the side of no. Even if Im not taking good care of myself right now, I still want the best for you. After saying that, no one is gonna be mad at you if you cheat. We'll just say, she's like the rest of us! Human after all! Love ya!
Old 12-11-2010, 11:28 AM   #321
Blabbermouth!!!

You know....someone gave me some advice back in April. They told me if I were having thoughts of endless buffets and island drinks, that I should postpone my vacation for another 6 months because I wasnt ready. I thought, heck, Ive lasted 9 months, Im at goal, I can do it!! But then I cracked. It has been a struggle ever since. I dont wish I could take back that trip, I just wish I had focused more on all the glorious things around me than the all inclusive food and drink.

You dont seem to be the one thats gonna eat and eat and never stop. (like me) You have a good sense of all this and you can still make healthy choices that seem like a treat and go back to meat. Im just so excited that you made it this far, and if I can persuade you in any way to keep the meat dream alive, I'll be a happy camper.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #322
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
. It keeps saying sorry the iTunes store isn't available at the moment, please try again later. I want some new music!!
Oh that IS so annoying!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #323
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm back!! Drinking tea (of course!). Seriously, if there was a diet that said the more tea you drank the thinner you'd be, I'd be a triple zero!!!!!!! Eating an egg too!!
Old 12-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #324
Big Yapper!!!!

Im saying--Becky don't cheat too!!! Don't get the taste of those carbs!
Old 12-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #325
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
You know....someone gave me some advice back in April. They told me if I were having thoughts of endless buffets and island drinks, that I should postpone my vacation for another 6 months because I wasnt ready.
Wow! Who said that?? Gosh it's kinda true tho. ( I don't mean for you I mean for anyone). I'd just be thinking oh yeah I'll put it off so I'll have lose some more weight!! Not because I'm not ready to deal with maintenance!!
I suppose it's kinda like losing the weight. I've always kinda thought that you really do have to be ready to lose weight. That kind of sounds stupid, but I think it does actually make the difference. You then don't see not being able to eat what you want as "having to do without" like a negative thing, you see it as positive--it's something that will bring you closer to goal.
I tell myself now--instead of saying "oh I can't eat that"--I say I can, I can eat anything (cos technically I can-I'm not allergic to anything). Its just will it help me. Will it give me what I want. Same as when I eat tuna or bland chicken-no I don't have to eat them but eating it makes me look and feel better!!
Dunno but I think that's the secret-seeing it all as a really positive thing!!
It doesn't always work!!! I did eat the choc bananas-but I really tried to not have the guilt thing after....I really like them, I chose to have it. I was with friends, and I enjoyed it.
I know for me the key is the feelings associated with food is the thing I have to work on if I'm gonna maintain this. I've always seen it as a bad thing. Lets face it--we have the diet down to a fine art. We know it backwards!!
Ok now I'm rambling!!!!!...but I'm scared of maintenance!! Not really that Ill put the all the weight back on but that I'll never really have it under control---hat I'll be teetering on the edge!!
Old 12-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #326
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Wow! Who said that?? Gosh it's kinda true tho. ( I don't mean for you I mean for anyone). I'd just be thinking oh yeah I'll put it off so I'll have lose some more weight!! Not because I'm not ready to deal with maintenance!!
It was from a zerocarber. A real meat eater, water drinker! They believe so whole-heartedly that meat is way to go and they have been surviving and prospering with it for years. not just a few months like me. Most of us dont want to take it to that level, but I was seriously pondering it for a while. I felt so much better on meat, but of course, I had to blow it cause I like to eat other things too much.

and I proved that I cant do manintenace, the carbs just get me every time. They turn me like Jeckyl and Hyde..
Old 12-11-2010, 01:25 PM   #327
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I suppose it's kinda like losing the weight. I've always kinda thought that you really do have to be ready to lose weight. That kind of sounds stupid, but I think it does actually make the difference. You then don't see not being able to eat what you want as "having to do without" like a negative thing, you see it as positive--it's something that will bring you closer to goal.
I tell myself now--instead of saying "oh I can't eat that"--I say I can, I can eat anything (cos technically I can-I'm not allergic to anything). Its just will it help me. Will it give me what I want. Same as when I eat tuna or bland chicken-no I don't have to eat them but eating it makes me look and feel better!!
Dunno but I think that's the secret-seeing it all as a really positive thing!!
Very interesting points to ponder. I dont think I have this emotional side with food. Im just a big eater. I love to eat! Its very physical. Love to chew! Love to smell! Everything tastes too good! I dont know when Im hungry and when I stop being hungry. I am missing that part of my brain! I dont like to stop until I feel full (or stuffed) Maybe I should ask myself, is this good for me before I bite, but the answer will always be who gives a crap! as I stuff it in my face!

The emotional side comes way later after its already digesting, and Im like Oh why oh why did I do that.. and then I have to go to sleep..

so..meat is my little secret. I can eat it when I want, how much I want. I am always in control, and it keeps my jeans fitting! Doesnt change me in any way except for the better! Meat is plain and simple.

Im rambling on and on trying to get back to the light peeps. Pull me from the dark side....stat!
Old 12-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #328
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
It was from a zerocarber. A real meat eater, water drinker! They believe so whole-heartedly that meat is way to go and they have been surviving and prospering with it for years. not just a few months like me. Most of us dont want to take it to that level, but I was seriously pondering it for a while. I felt so much better on meat, but of course, I had to blow it cause I like to eat other things too much.

and I proved that I cant do manintenace, the carbs just get me every time. They turn me like Jeckyl and Hyde..
You can do maintenance!!!!!! You just have to find something that works!! QWL was never ever meant to be for life. Yeah I know he meat-eaters do it...but I'm guessing it's for other reasons as well as weight-loss.You (we) need something more like South Beach or I dunno Atkins maintenance Or even Stilly's own (tho I still think LC is the way to go not just cal counting). QWL is a strict diet to get the weight off quick--and even tho I did like that about it-it was/is easy-there's no counting, no thinking!!----I think it's way to strict in the long run--it sets you up for the "all or nothing" thing---and hen you're back to square one.
And the other thing no one can be perfect 100% of the time (yeah prob some can--but really do you want to be as smug as that!!) There's the 80/20 rule---any Dr. will say it--eat right and healthily 80% of the time and the occasional treat won't hurt!!
Old 12-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #329
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks GT!!! I was getting a little out of hand for a second. thanks for reeling me in!!

Heres to the 20%!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

Ooooooh, what a great discussion going on!!

Thank you both for your input...I'm waiting on DH to wake up and grill me some steak...I'm going to eat good before the party. All I've had today is 4 slices of cheese...and 2 cups of coffee w/cream.

I bought at sam's this nice assortment of cheese...fancy stuff...cheddar, gouda etc...I'm out of steak ....I NEED more! haha
Thank you for the encouragement...

I'm going to be referring back to these posts for reinforcement!! It is fascinating to me to read your thoughts, struggles, accomplishments...so very helpful!