Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
November's Stillman's Deer Looking for a Loss. .We Welcome all Losers

Join us and enjoy a new you! This is the best way to get a jump start on your New Years Resolution.. Kick that fat in the butt and send it packin !!! We can help you discover your goal and we can make sure you maintain it. .Join us today. . and share your story!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2010, 01:52 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Found it!! Thanks Im2--you're the best!! What would we do without you??
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:30 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/193/160 5'5.5"
Thank you for getting our November thread started IM!!! This is my 5th thread to participate in!
Remember that old BJ Thomas song..."What a difference you've made in my life"...

I'm very thankful for this thread and this group of folks.

Seems like my nice little losing streak has slowed down which is fine(even gained almost a pound, but I'm trying to deny that)...but I am wondering if those Tequila Lime Wings did it?? I know in the ingredients showed some corn starch...I think I will only use them in case of an emergency.

It's still warm here in Mississippi...we have finally gotten some much needed rain for which I am very thankful!

I hope everyone will check in this month...we are really missing some fine folks. I miss that cavewoman avatar! ha...kamills???
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
I'm still here! I'm feeling pretty good- I think the water weight is finally gone from last week. May we all be big losers this month!!!
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/173/120
WOE: stillman weekdays/Atkins week-ends
Start Date: September 2nd 2014
Hi Guys,
I have a technical question for the whooshers. Right before you whoosh off some weight do you get hungrier than usual. Just wondering. I'm still recovering from my Saturday slip up but I was hungrier than usual Saturday and ate off plan. I'm wondering if I perhaps was at the onset of a whoosh but ate it away.
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: team leo
Stats: 287/185/150
WOE: Atkins/Stillman
Start Date: May2009
The Ameri Health nurse came to my job today, she does blood pressure checks and has a great scale that prints out your stats on a slip like how much water and fat you have lost and BMI and muscle. She only comes once a month and that is the weight I count having lost every month. I just came back from vacation and took a veggie break from stillmans during my vacation. I was adding broccoli to my eggs or spinach and eating some cooked veggies like Collard greens in Charleston and some salads and I was so shocked to still lose 6 1/2 pounds this month. I am 2 lbs from losing 100 lbs. I was stuck in early august after losing 70 lbs on Atkins and a friend suggested I try Stilmans to get over the plateau. Well that was 3 months ago and I have lost 24 lbs on Stillmans since aug 3rd. I am in shock. My friend was a former Mr. Texas contestant and a personal trainer so he is always riding me about building muscle, he looks at my slips from the nurse and points out how much muscle I am losing each month so I need to make building muscle a priority but losing this much is such a high.
team leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by team leo View Post
The Ameri Health nurse came to my job today, she does blood pressure checks and has a great scale that prints out your stats on a slip like how much water and fat you have lost and BMI and muscle. She only comes once a month and that is the weight I count having lost every month. I just came back from vacation and took a veggie break from stillmans during my vacation. I was adding broccoli to my eggs or spinach and eating some cooked veggies like Collard greens in Charleston and some salads and I was so shocked to still lose 6 1/2 pounds this month. I am 2 lbs from losing 100 lbs. I was stuck in early august after losing 70 lbs on Atkins and a friend suggested I try Stilmans to get over the plateau. Well that was 3 months ago and I have lost 24 lbs on Stillmans since aug 3rd. I am in shock. My friend was a former Mr. Texas contestant and a personal trainer so he is always riding me about building muscle, he looks at my slips from the nurse and points out how much muscle I am losing each month so I need to make building muscle a priority but losing this much is such a high.
C'ongratulations! That's is awesome. . I say lose the weight and building the muscle as you can. . I'm not a real fan of fat so I want it out. . heheh
Old 11-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

November's name is kinda choppy, isn't it? I guess I should have thought about it a bit more . O well. . the name isn't as important as the peeps!

Thanks Becky for sticking with us, too. . you are quite the inspiration!!
Old 11-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

<-------------------------------------I think I'm gonna treat myself to some new Biking boots. . Kitty Style!!! Whadda ya think? Are they CC approved?
Old 11-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Where are all my losing peeps, tonight? I miss everyone!

Just a note...I passed up the best New York Style .. homemade bagels today..and the huge and I do mean huge - muffins.. OMG> . Kudos..
Old 11-02-2010, 08:04 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bphotomama3
Stats: 217/215/160
Start Date: April 17, 2011
Hey Girls!!
Yay for a new month!! I have a feeling this month is going to be a big weight loss for me..... fingers crossed!!

IM.... LOVE the boots!! VERY Cute!!!

Let's kick this fat in the butt ladies before the holidays!!
Bphotomama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:00 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Where are all my losing peeps, tonight? I miss everyone!

Just a note...I passed up the best New York Style .. homemade bagels today..and the huge and I do mean huge - muffins.. OMG> . Kudos..

Way to go Im2fat

Hi Bph
Yes I'm in a butt kickin mood to.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:59 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

OMG Im2----I waaaaaaant those boots!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 11-03-2010, 02:04 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Hi Guys,
I have a technical question for the whooshers. Right before you whoosh off some weight do you get hungrier than usual. Just wondering. I'm still recovering from my Saturday slip up but I was hungrier than usual Saturday and ate off plan. I'm wondering if I perhaps was at the onset of a whoosh but ate it away.
Yeah Frances, I have noted that a few times--right before I've lost 2lbs I get really hungry!! I could literally eat 2lbs of ground beef!! I like to think that it's my body eating it's own fat! Kinda gross, I know!!!
Next time try to eat more meat--fill up!!-eating carbs will just make you eat more!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:11 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi Leo!! Congrats on the loss!!!Wow!! You must feel great!! I don't think adding in some veggies derails weight-loss--some of us do it!! It mixes things up and it definitely keeps you sane!!
Bit disappointing about the muscle loss tho-I always thought that the high-protein diets stop that.
I have one of those Tanita scales-and I know they're not totally accurate but I've noticed I've barely built muscle-like about 2% in over a year, and I do a lot of exercise...so I guess I know why now!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 11-03-2010, 02:13 AM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm just watching Michelle Obama-she has an initiative for kids to be healthier and active--wow you should see her doing the hula hoop!!!! Oh she says she works out everyday!! Wow does she look good!! (jealous, moi?)I love her style anyway!!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:29 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Way to go you!! I do love bagels--Mmmm, with cream cheese and bacon!!) They're my favourite bread!! But I've never had a homemade one--they must be goood!! <----me licking my lips, while I'm eating my stupid dry egg for breakfast!!
Old 11-03-2010, 09:26 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Getting there,
that's what I suspected. That just something starts making me hungry and if only I wouldn't give in. Well I will eat more meat now when that happens.

Today a little whoosh for me. I'm 170 (2 pounds down) Now granted I would have probably gotten there Sunday if I would have made it through Saturday. But Saturday I went way of But yeeeee anyway. I am so happy to see the 10 pound marker.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:28 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Cute Biking boot IM
Old 11-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: team leo
Stats: 287/185/150
WOE: Atkins/Stillman
Start Date: May2009
Well I was at work talking to Mr. Muscle again and he looks at weight loss from a body builders perspective. He explained how precise they are at losing fat and building muscle and they mainly use ketogenic diets like stillmans to accomplish this but he also pointed out that when you lose fat you also lose lean mass but the problem is something called wasting. If you are losing weight and not building muscle you are losing lean muscle mass too the same a prisioner in a cell who gets no exercise would. The problem is that when you get close to your goal weight and start to go on maintance and eat more carbs but you havent retained enough muscle it will be really hard on you especially as you get older. I really am taking his advice and am going to get started on the muscle building. Even though you are happy and want to loose the fat and get rid of it the unfortunate side effect is you lose good body tissue as well if you dont respect the science. It is time to start pumping iron as well as eating meat. I believe this will keep people from yo yo ing back and forth and using this diet by cheating and going back on it too much is harmful to the system.
team leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:59 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
I am back! After 2 funerals and a 5 pound weight gain

I am trying hard to put myself back in the picture but it is hard to do right now - seems everyone wants a piece of me (wish they would LITERALLY take one )

Wet dreary weather has settled in here in the south - time to make some Turkey Soup and catch up on all the post I have missed.

It still has not quite sunk in that my mom and uncle/godfather are gone.....
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
AHA! I found you little losers! Crazy thread title

Quote:
<-------------------------------------I think I'm gonna treat myself to some new Biking boots. . Kitty Style!!! Whadda ya think? Are they CC approved?
oh yeah, babe. I need those to go with my pink running outfit! Seriously, I wear all hot pink so I don't get hit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
I am back! After 2 funerals and a 5 pound weight gain

I am trying hard to put myself back in the picture but it is hard to do right now - seems everyone wants a piece of me (wish they would LITERALLY take one )

Wet dreary weather has settled in here in the south - time to make some Turkey Soup and catch up on all the post I have missed.

It still has not quite sunk in that my mom and uncle/godfather are gone.....
OMG girl. not much for you to be thankful for.......you will have to try the 'glass half full' lenses for awhile......welcome back!

well, I have decided after hiding for over a year to try my hand again at eeebay. We'll see if I can't make a buck on some of these clothes I've been donating..........I have some Bandolino and Hydraulic jeans going up Sunday.

Mom sent me another forty pound box of clothes. All LRL. So I guess I am dressing like an adult now........but I refuse to give up DKNY and CK jeans!

Welcome Leo......

okay gotta go feed cats and weight train up in the barn........BBL
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey, IM, check out last weekend's score.............

got 'em in suede. Nine West 'Bonfire' platform peep toe, SRP 98.00
TJXX clearance 20.00!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, hey, hey!

I just used my cast iron skillet to cook me up one fine ribeye! AND I have another one for leftovers tomorrow! It was mighty fine!

My scale said 160 this morning...if it's not back to 159 in the morning, Ill change my stats...I haven't cheated though...drives me nuts!

I'm not in a real chatty mood...just wanted to say hello and that's still on track!

luv you all!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YUMMMMMMMMMM......must break into your fridge sometime
Old 11-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Lol CC!! I am feeling pretty gross right now...I'm thinking maybe that ribeye was too fatty?? This is sort of how I felt after taking CO during the first month or so.

Today I had 5 HB eggs and the ribeye...I should have cut the ribeye in half!! Oh well, at least I'm not craving anything right now....
Old 11-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

no, actually the fat should make you feel energized! Mom is a fataholic now that I taught her the Stilly way..........no more bread or crackers when she's running outta gas.....almonds or cheese!

I still have eggophobia.for ebery one whole I do two whites only. Your highway to skinny heaven might have traffic delays.....the fat will clear the roads for you! Menu sounds pure enough to me.....guilt? Let it go.........go get some shoes or new jeans!

IDK.......I've been getting serious headaches lately due to not remembering my vits..esp potassium........somebody hit me over the head with a shovel..........
Old 11-03-2010, 05:47 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love this new show Undercovers.........anything that avoids Survivor......why can't we vote it off the air????????
Old 11-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

You are wonderful CCGirl!!!
I hope those headaches pass quickly for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
no, actually the fat should make you feel energized! Mom is a fataholic now that I taught her the Stilly way..........no more bread or crackers when she's running outta gas.....almonds or cheese!

I still have eggophobia.for ebery one whole I do two whites only. Your highway to skinny heaven might have traffic delays.....the fat will clear the roads for you! Menu sounds pure enough to me.....guilt? Let it go.........go get some shoes or new jeans!

IDK.......I've been getting serious headaches lately due to not remembering my vits..esp potassium........somebody hit me over the head with a shovel..........
Old 11-03-2010, 06:20 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well I was at work talking to Mr. Muscle again and he looks at weight loss from a body builders perspective. He explained how precise they are at losing fat and building muscle and they mainly use ketogenic diets like stillmans to accomplish this but he also pointed out that when you lose fat you also lose lean mass but the problem is something called wasting. If you are losing weight and not building muscle you are losing lean muscle mass too the same a prisioner in a cell who gets no exercise would. The problem is that when you get close to your goal weight and start to go on maintance and eat more carbs but you havent retained enough muscle it will be really hard on you especially as you get older. I really am taking his advice and am going to get started on the muscle building. Even though you are happy and want to loose the fat and get rid of it the unfortunate side effect is you lose good body tissue as well if you dont respect the science. It is time to start pumping iron as well as eating meat. I believe this will keep people from yo yo ing back and forth and using this diet by cheating and going back on it too much is harmful to the system.
Thank you for the information. . Yep. . I do know (but am really bad at). . building muscle .. I think I'll try it a little bit. .