Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 08:01 AM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Got up and bustled the kids around for church this morning. . only to find out. . we were up an hour early!! Time Change got me again this year!. . . .so . . I had time to strip back down and weigh myself the proper way.. I'm still up, up, up. . but I do weigh 1 pound less than I did last week so I guess I'll take it! I'm holding steady. . meat, meat and more meat. . I have to confess something. . I was rummaging in the freezer this morning looking for muffins for the boys and I saw a package of chocolate covered donut holes. . and just like old times, I popped them open and put one in my mouth!! OMG. . What was I thinking? Luckily I snapped out of it and ran to the garbage and spit it right back out. . I didn't even let my teeth touch the frozen chocolate. . Whew. . that was close. . Old habits die hard . so Kudos to me for not ruining my whole day. . (or week, for that matter. . cravings = 0

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #182
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bphotomama3
Stats: 217/215/160
Start Date: April 17, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
O my. if you haven't tried the "newest" flavor of Extra Dessert Delights. . MMmm. .I've tried the chocolate mint. . and the strawberry shortcake. .they are the most wonderful . .yummiest. . Ok . I better stop. .I'm drooling again. .
!
OMG I love those new flavors too!!! Hard to believe it is sugar free!!
Bphotomama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:53 AM   #183
Junior LCF Member

So I put a little bit of LC or NSA ketchup in my ground beef and Yummy!!! It was very tasty and no guilt being LC!

So far I am down 6lbs!! I have also stopped drinking any diet soda and just my coffee in the morning and then water the rest of the day!!
Old 11-07-2010, 08:56 AM   #184
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Luckily I snapped out of it and ran to the garbage and spit it right back out. . I didn't even let my teeth touch the frozen chocolate. . Whew. . that was close. . Old habits die hard . so Kudos to me for not ruining my whole day. . :

YAY!! BIG KUDOS to you for spitting it out!
Old 11-07-2010, 11:34 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 173/180/120
WOE: Atkins72 five days/Stillmans 2 days
Start Date: November 1st, 2014
So inspirational!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
A random piece of info for ye---cos y'all wanna know these things!!!! I bought a bright pink Hell Kitty bathrobe in H+M today. It's so snuggily!! And it's an xs!! My old one was an xl. And it just looks stupid on now!! It was pink too with white polka dots!! This one looks about half the size of the old one when they're up against each other. It's scary really!!

Now that's encouraging!
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Could anyone please tell me your experience in going of the woe for just a day and your recovery time. I realize it will be different with different people and diefferent ways we go off. I gues I'm just wanting some type of reference for me knowing I most likely will go off occasionaly but I'd like to minimize the damage and recovery time.....
Old 11-07-2010, 12:30 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Great job IM2fat on spitting that donut Hole out! I used to love donuts, well I'm sure I still do.

6 Pounds is great Mama3! I'm still working off my little detour on wednesday nite and Thursday. I hate doing penance. :blush: That's what it feels like. But I'm almost back down to 170.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:43 PM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Could anyone please tell me your experience in going of the woe for just a day and your recovery time. I realize it will be different with different people and diefferent ways we go off. I gues I'm just wanting some type of reference for me knowing I most likely will go off occasionaly but I'd like to minimize the damage and recovery time.....
I'm not really the one who should answer this because my metablism is extremely slow. I think it really depends on how much, how long and how "aweful" your stray was. I know some of the long timers use what they call a "refeed" and eat one meal. . once per week for a 2 to 4 hour span and they eat whatever they want. . then right back on. . (I'm not that disciplined. ) My cheat would last all day, night and into the next!. . Some of them reported big losses and some do this just to maintain. . You have to find what works for you. . . . some claim one grain of sugar or carb will knock them out of ketosis and that it takes 3 days to get back in. . . I also heard somewhere that if you eat your carbs with protein, ,the sugar absorbtion is slower and will not kick you completely out. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:45 PM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love the Avi. . Mamma3j . .just looking at it makes me want to go out and roast a turkey. . Mmmmm. . leftover meat!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #190
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Love the Avi. . Mamma3j . .just looking at it makes me want to go out and roast a turkey. . Mmmmm. . leftover meat!
Thanks!! MMMMM Turkey!!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
you can poach them. . you'll need a bit of vinegar, water and eggs! Easy. . or you can buy a little egg poacher (I have one. . I think dollar stores have them). .
thanks! I ended up cracking 3 in a bowl, pricking with a fork and cooking for 1 min 45 seconds. they were still rubbery but quite good. warm and not too dry. I'll try a few seconds less next time!! and I may end up leaving a carton of eggs in my work fridge! to heck with what people think!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:44 PM   #192
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Got up and bustled the kids around for church this morning. . only to find out. . we were up an hour early!! Time Change got me again this year!. . . .
hahaha! I can recall when this happened to you last!! thats funny! I would have warned you yesterday if I had even known!
Old 11-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #193
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I popped them open and put one in my mouth!!
Wow... Dont think I would have been able to spit it out. You are golden IM2- theres no stoppin you know!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 03:47 PM   #194
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bphotomama3 View Post
So far I am down 6lbs!! I have also stopped drinking any diet soda and just my coffee in the morning and then water the rest of the day!!
Great job!!! on the 6 pounds and especially getting rid of the soda!! WTG!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:01 PM   #195
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Stillman said that any bite off his plan can set you back a week.

You dont have much weight to lose, so a day here and there that you go off, will probably make you maintain instead of lose. 20 pounds can come off in a snap! Break it down to the bear minimums and dont go off until the holidays! You will be at goal before christmas. I promise!!!

The problem isnt the cheat day per say, its do we have the strength to jump back on plan? I can honestly say when I cheat for a day it turns into 2 and 3 and 4 and and and...... and then my peeps pull me back to my senses!!! thank goodness
Old 11-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #196
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm not really the one who should answer this because my metablism is extremely slow. I think it really depends on how much, how long and how "aweful" your stray was. I know some of the long timers use what they call a "refeed" and eat one meal. . once per week for a 2 to 4 hour span and they eat whatever they want. . then right back on. . (I'm not that disciplined. ) My cheat would last all day, night and into the next!. . Some of them reported big losses and some do this just to maintain. . You have to find what works for you. . . . some claim one grain of sugar or carb will knock them out of ketosis and that it takes 3 days to get back in. . . I also heard somewhere that if you eat your carbs with protein, ,the sugar absorbtion is slower and will not kick you completely out. .
yup. what she said.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #197
Blabbermouth!!!

Is anyone starting the xmas shopping yet? Its making me sick just thinking of it. Ive been online all day and so many things are already sold out. all the stores around here are having huge sales but I dont know if I should hold off.... ugh.. everything is sooooo expensive (talking only toys here) $24.00 for a Moxie Doll!!!!! (its like a barbie but cooler - heehee)

anywho, on top of xmas, my kids have bdays coming up and they will be turning 6 and 4. It turns my stomach to think of buying more toys to add to the toystore we already have at my house....

sorry to be off topic...back to meat..
Old 11-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
Hello strangers! Sorry I've been MIA! I have just been so busy I haven't had time to relax in weeks!! Work is killing me. Grad school is killing me..but on the plus side I'm down 3 lbs this week
Hope all is well!
Xoxo
WTG girl! hang in there.........you're young and full of vinegar....lick school and work in the butt!

Quote:
That was quick!
Mom only had about fifteen pounds to lose...bishshe was always skinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Does shivering count as exercise?? IT'S COLD here in the south!

Ok - I am done with winter - is it Spring yet ?
LOL my dad called me from SC to report frost on the ground this morning! Todays high up here was 45F.

Quote:
Found a forever home for the kitty - she was just picked up I will sleep better knowing she will be warm tonight.
o Sharon, thank goodness for the kindness of folks like us.....I am up to fifteen here in the cat spa.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
No it's not deja-vu It's me again! Back here coz I miss you guys and because I really. really, really want to be at goal by Christmas. I think I am lighter than my stats, so going to update those in a mo and work out how much I have to lose in pounds. Started back today, it's evening here so first day nearly under my belt...had to go a bit higher fat though, just to ease myself in. Hope everyone is good.
Makeme x
MMS is your goal weight a bit low for your height? You'll be able to slip under the door instead of walking through itglad you're back!

Quote:
A random piece of info for ye---cos y'all wanna know these things!!!! I bought a bright pink Hell Kitty bathrobe in H+M today. It's so snuggily!! And it's an xs!! My old one was an xl. And it just looks stupid on now!! It was pink too with white polka dots!! This one looks about half the size of the old one when they're up against each other. It's scary really!!
GT an XL on you? OMG it must look like a tent! I bet that feels good!

Quote:
So I put a little bit of LC or NSA ketchup in my ground beef and Yummy!!! It was very tasty and no guilt being LC!

WTG on losing the soda! The hidden salt...sooo bad!

Quote:
different each time......depends on how far off course you get. Time into ketosis varies for everyone, some take five days or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Is anyone starting the xmas shopping yet? Its making me sick just thinking of it. Ive been online all day and so many things are already sold out. all the stores around here are having huge sales but I dont know if I should hold off.... ugh.. everything is sooooo expensive (talking only toys here) $24.00 for a Moxie Doll!!!!! (its like a barbie but cooler - heehee)

anywho, on top of xmas, my kids have bdays coming up and they will be turning 6 and 4. It turns my stomach to think of buying more toys to add to the toystore we already have at my house....

coupon on ebay-Kmart $5.00 off Bratz talking doll or moxie girlz magic
Item number: 260687258185

~~~ADORABLE MOXIE GIRLZ~~SOPHINA~~MUST SEE Item number: 320612321759

completed listing show some selling new in box for fifteen dollars with shipping.

hope that helps!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #199
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
coupon on ebay-Kmart $5.00 off Bratz talking doll or moxie girlz magic
Item number: 260687258185

~~~ADORABLE MOXIE GIRLZ~~SOPHINA~~MUST SEE Item number: 320612321759

completed listing show some selling new in box for fifteen dollars with shipping.

hope that helps!
CC!! Thanks so much! Its funny... hubby forbade me to ever buy my daughter Bratz dolls...good thing he doesnt know about Moxie...yet - lol!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #200
Blabbermouth!!!

OK peeps! Im going home to have some chicken breast after pigging out on 6 eggs and a bad of tuna. I swear when i eat early Im starving all day.. remember. eat as much as you want as long as its meat!

Have a great night!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

have a gr8 night, Al-good luck shopping!
Old 11-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

news.........

"Moderate Physical Activity May Reduce Postmenopausal Breast Cancer
Risk," by Laurie Barclay (Medscape Medical News, Nov. 2, 2010). Note:
Medscape requires free registration before providing articles.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/731770

FSIS Expands Public Health Alert for Various Meat and Poultry Products Produced Without Inspection
Wed, 03 Nov 2010 18:31:01 -0500

FSIS is expanding its October 30 public health alert for an undetermined amount of various meat and poultry products produced without the benefit of federal inspection by N.Y. Gourmet Salads Inc., a Brooklyn, N.Y. establishment.

Beaver Street Fisheries, Inc Voluntarily Recalls Tuna due to Possible Health Risk
Thu, 04 Nov 2010 10:11:00 -0500

Beaver Street Fisheries, Inc. of Jacksonville, FL is recalling 5-7 lb Tuna Loins Lot 928378, because they have the potential to be contaminated with elevated levels of histamine. High levels of histamine can produce an allergic reaction called scombroid poisoning when the fish is consumed.

UK NEWS: "Why we are healthier than Americans but die earlier," by Richard
Alleyne (_Daily Telegraph_ [London], November 4, 2010).
Why we are healthier than Americans but die earlier - Telegraph

"More drugs do not always mean better care: studies," by Maggie Fox
(Reuters Health, November 4, 2010).
More drugs do not always mean better care: studies | Reuters

"Good Conversation Can Boost Brain Power, Study Finds," (_HealthDay News_,
November 3, 2010).
HealthDay Articles

Illinois Firm Recalls Meat and Poultry Canned Products That May Be Underprocessed
Thu, 04 Nov 2010 21:24:23 -0500

Eickman's Processing, Establishment Number 31776, in Seward, IL, is recalling approximately 12,086 pounds of meat and poultry products because they may have been underprocessed.

"Older Americans less healthy than English seniors -- but after age 65, we
live longer," by Shari Roan (_Los Angeles Times_, November 4, 2010). Note:
_LAT_ requires free registration before providing articles.
Older Americans less healthy than English seniors -- but after age 65, we live longer - Los Angeles Times

"Vitamin E linked to risk of certain types of stroke," by Kate Kelland
(Reuters Health, November 4, 2010).
Vitamin E linked to risk of certain types of stroke | Reuters

DHMH Issues Consumer Alert Regarding Recall of Baugher's Apple Cider
Fri, 05 Nov 2010 11:59:00 -0500

The Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DHMH) and local health departments are conducting an investigation of a cluster of seven E. coli O157 infections. There have been no deaths, although three of the seven cases have been hospitalized. A potential association exists with the consumption of unpasteurized Baugher's apple cider.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:44 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:

I have started picking up food items. Last Week I bought a huge piece of good quality beef for roasting. In our house we all have different favourite meats so I tend to cook turkey, beef, lamb and ham at Christmas. Every year I say I am not going to cook so many different meats but I always end up doing it anyway. I am just as bad with the veg actually. Anyway back to the beef...the supermarket had it on special for a week (no, not the same piece ), selling at half price. It would have cost me £50 but I got it for £25. I put it straight in the freezer. Do you think it will still be good by xmas? I'm not use to freezing meat for such long periods. I also bought some Belgian chocs...also half price, £5 a box instead of £10. The other thing I bought was a large tub of Celebrations...but I cracked and let the kids and the other half open them this weekend...going to get another tub this week and hide them. I have never bought food so early...hope all this stuff stays good. I think I am going to start on the gifts soon...problem is I am terrible and want to let on what I have bought...I'm like a big kid...it kills me not to tell...in the past I have ended up giving some presents early, lol. Back to the meat thing...no one here really cares much for turkey, I only cook it because it's traditional...although originally it was actually Pork that was traditional at Christmas. Maybe I should ditch the Turkey this year?

Last edited by makemeslim; 11-07-2010 at 11:54 PM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:51 PM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hi CC,. That is the weight I was before I started gaining weight and got fat. I want to get back there. I want to get into my old fave jeans.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:46 AM   #205
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Is anyone starting the xmas shopping yet?

UGH I can't even think about it yet because I have two birthday parties to get ready for this month! My son turns 7 on Nov. 21st and my daughter turns 5 on Nov. 22nd!! So throwing each their own party, 2 weeks apart and then my youngest daughter turns 3 on Dec. 22nd! UGH!
Yeah so by the end of the year I am tired and broke! Anxiously wait the big tax return LOL
Old 11-08-2010, 05:29 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/173/160 5'5"
Quote:
UGH I can't even think about it yet because I have two birthday parties to get ready for this month! My son turns 7 on Nov. 21st and my daughter turns 5 on Nov. 22nd!! So throwing each their own party, 2 weeks apart and then my youngest daughter turns 3 on Dec. 22nd! UGH!
Yeah so by the end of the year I am tired and broke! Anxiously wait the big tax return LOL
Our family birthday's are like that two...my oldest is a sept baby and the other two boys are October babies. It is EXHAUSTING! THen, here comes Christmas! I sort of wish I had given birth in the Spring! ha
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:22 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
I am having a hard time getting my Stillman's act together!! I will be really go for a day or 2 and then POOF carbs jump into my mouth!

It's things like crackers, raw almonds - the little "snacky" things....

I am going to clean the last of it out of the kitchen and forbid the return of snack items upon penalty of "no cooking/no laundry"

When I first started Stillman's back in March none of this was even tempting. Now I wander through the kitchen and it's like all those bags and boxes call to me. A little now, a little later ..... uggh!!! And none of it even tastes good!
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:06 AM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I have started picking up food items. Last Week I bought a huge piece of good quality beef for roasting. In our house we all have different favourite meats so I tend to cook turkey, beef, lamb and ham at Christmas. Every year I say I am not going to cook so many different meats but I always end up doing it anyway. I am just as bad with the veg actually. Anyway back to the beef...the supermarket had it on special for a week (no, not the same piece ), selling at half price. It would have cost me £50 but I got it for £25. I put it straight in the freezer. Do you think it will still be good by xmas? I'm not use to freezing meat for such long periods. I also bought some Belgian chocs...also half price, £5 a box instead of £10. The other thing I bought was a large tub of Celebrations...but I cracked and let the kids and the other half open them this weekend...going to get another tub this week and hide them. I have never bought food so early...hope all this stuff stays good. I think I am going to start on the gifts soon...problem is I am terrible and want to let on what I have bought...I'm like a big kid...it kills me not to tell...in the past I have ended up giving some presents early, lol. Back to the meat thing...no one here really cares much for turkey, I only cook it because it's traditional...although originally it was actually Pork that was traditional at Christmas. Maybe I should ditch the Turkey this year?
holy cow, can I come over?I am getting hungry just reading this!

okay here's my blonde showing....no Thanksgiving over there?

I freeze stuff forever........thank god my freezer is small-1/2 of a 24 cubic foot side by side fridge...else I would have meat for a year!

Pork traditional at Xmas? Do tell..........as a kid growing up in Miami our Cuban friends had pork and we ate the twelve grapes on New Years' Eve for luck in each month of the coming year.

Quote:
Hi CC,. That is the weight I was before I started gaining weight and got fat. I want to get back there. I want to get into my old fave jeans.
holy cow you must have been a rail.......what size are those jeans?

Quote:
wow...still fun tho with them so young...it sux being so close to the hols, my Dad's bday is Dec. 23 and he always got short changed....

Quote:
I am having a hard time getting my Stillman's act together!! I will be really go for a day or 2 and then POOF carbs jump into my mouth!

It's things like crackers, raw almonds - the little "snacky" things....

I am going to clean the last of it out of the kitchen and forbid the return of snack items upon penalty of "no cooking/no laundry"

When I first started Stillman's back in March none of this was even tempting. Now I wander through the kitchen and it's like all those bags and boxes call to me. A little now, a little later ..... uggh!!! And none of it even tastes good!
penalty of "no cooking/no laundry"

I know what you mean Shar....almonds are tastless...so not worth it

have a gr8 day y'all ....it's 35F and freezing rain with winds gusting to 40MPH
so today may be electricity optional......'Greeeeeeen Acres is the place to be......faaaaaaaaarm livin' is the life for me'
Old 11-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #209
Junior LCF Member

UGH that chocolate from halloween is not good sitting there! I just had two pieces and OMG I can tell my tummy is like WTH are you doing??
Think the kids will notice if I just throw the candy away??
I mean if it's not in the house then I won't be tempted anymore right?
Old 11-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Stillman said that any bite off his plan can set you back a week.

You dont have much weight to lose, so a day here and there that you go off, will probably make you maintain instead of lose. 20 pounds can come off in a snap! Break it down to the bear minimums and dont go off until the holidays! You will be at goal before christmas. I promise!!!

The problem isnt the cheat day per say, its do we have the strength to jump back on plan? I can honestly say when I cheat for a day it turns into 2 and 3 and 4 and and and...... and then my peeps pull me back to my senses!!! thank goodness
Thanks Al,,,,

I do agree it takes me about a week to get back after I've slipped off., but I just don't know why going off takes me so long to get it back to where it was. Your really right.

Lately though I've been having it easier to get back on plan. Thanks for saying I don't have much weight to lose. But I really have about 50. Unless when I get to 130 I feel right. I'm older now.