Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 04:16 PM   #601
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 199/192/160 5'5.5"
Start Date: :::again::: December 26, 2013
Wow! What a great post! I'm a bit scared of a cheat day...but I'm tempted and intrigued by the idea! I think if you can snap back in place (like a rubber band)...if you can stay in control...that's the key. I don't know if I can snap back...

At this time, I am not willing to give up my HWC in my coffee...but I've lost fine with it...I understand it may cause problems for some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I suggest we put our minds to it and get to goal no matter what it takes. Once we're there, then we will have an opportunity to cheat for a few days and jump back on plan.

If I didnt get to goal before my first cheat fest, I dont think I would have ever made it. It is my wish that everyone can get to their dream weight to really feel it and enjoy it, and hopefully have the cheats more under control when they happen. Im still working on this and working hard, but I have to say that stillman came up with a good plan. Get the weight off. Get it off quick, and then enjoy the extras. Jump back on plan if you see 3 extra pounds. (When I cheat for one day I usually see 10 extra pounds, but if that means for me, its one week on Stillmans, one day off, I think I can handle it)

Im rambling now but thats my next plan..hardcore stillmans, cheat on Christmas. Hardcore Stillmans, cheat on new years. Instead of telling myself Im gonna eat meat forever and then failing, I will say I will do the best I can and its ok to eat whatever I want every couple weeks. I just have to make sure its a one day free for all and not a 14 day free for all.

and looking deeper into my psyche...it think it all begins with my morning coffee. I drink a cup with 1 sweet and low and 4 creamers, and I can typically down 4-6 a day! Its like it doesnt register becasue its a liquid and it keeps me from eating. I should really just have 4-6 cups of tuna a day! My true test of willpower will be to drink that coffee black. I cant complain about my weight if Im not following the rules and cream is a definite rule breaker!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #602
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
im pulling a 15 hour shift today.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Oh my, AL!! That is a long shift!!
Old 11-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #603
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
whats up Becky??? Your words are always oozing with excitement on that protein high!

(crossing my fingers you can have your steak again soon!)
Hey AL! I'm feeling a little bummed due to my broken tooth...I've really missed my meat...I'm tired of eggs and protein shakes. I'm also constipated! hahaha

But I have to remind myself I have still lost 54 lbs in 6 months. Tomorrow marks 6 months for me...wow...1/2 a year! That pretty incredible!

I'm hoping to get in the dentist chair Tomorrow or Tuesday...

IM, I'd like to join you in that bag of doritos...but let's not!

We had a potluck after church...my goodness there was some good looking foods...banana pudding...strawberry cake...maybe the fact that I couldn't chew made the foods more tempting...or maybe these Atkins shakes have ignited a few cravings...i dunno...

I need some meat sistahs...a big juicy steak...medium done...real pink and juicy on the inside...
Old 11-28-2010, 04:24 PM   #604
Major LCF Poster!

I'm sorry for hogging the thread you guys...i need to learn how to do that fancy multiple quoting stuff!!

y'all can assume when I'm having a marathon posting like this...that I'm trying to keep myself from doing something I would regret!

I think posting regularly here is one of the best things I do to keep me on the straight and narrow!

Oh yeah...the highlight of my Thanksgiving trip was going to Denny's for breakfast and having 4 eggs sunnyside up...and a T-bone steak!!!!!!!!

Last edited by becky123abc; 11-28-2010 at 04:44 PM..
Old 11-28-2010, 05:19 PM   #605
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I've thought about having a few cheat days...I don't mean a sugar binge...but maybe some bread or a sweet potato...I dunno...I'm skeered of that too!
Dont do it! Its very skeery!! Please learn a lesson from my mistakes!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #606
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
GT, your pics are amazing...my word, you are tiny!!!!!!You should feel fabulous, terrific!!
Yup!!! She is H-O-T!!
Old 11-28-2010, 05:22 PM   #607
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
but some of my 12's are starting to hang.
Hooray for hanging 12's!!!! Perhaps you need to start shopping in juniors to find that perfect 11!
Old 11-28-2010, 05:24 PM   #608
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
It is GREAT to see friends posting back on the thread. (msgirl, where are yooooooooou?) It's very encouraging!
I was reading today when msgirl joined the group! I think it was Nov, last year. Can believe its been a year for some of us. This place is great! Tell her we said hi!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 05:25 PM   #609
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
At this time, I am not willing to give up my HWC in my coffee...but I've lost fine with it...I understand it may cause problems for some.
and HWC is best for the zero carber...

when i mention cream, its really half and half...
Old 11-28-2010, 05:27 PM   #610
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh my, AL!! That is a long shift!!
I know! I sure wish this guy would hurry and show up!!!! Ive been up since 5:30A..
Old 11-28-2010, 05:29 PM   #611
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
or maybe these Atkins shakes have ignited a few cravings...i dunno...

I need some meat sistahs...a big juicy steak...medium done...real pink and juicy on the inside...
mmmmmmmm...mouth is watering!!!

after being on Stills for so long then having a shake, how did it taste? Was it like the grande finale fireworks display in your mouth or was it bleck! and totally unsatisfying. Did it taste wayyyy too sweet? just curious....
Old 11-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #612
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm sorry for hogging the thread you guys...i need to learn how to do that fancy multiple quoting stuff!!
I dopnt mind the page hoggin! Plus, you'll turn into a very gabby memebr faster!
Old 11-28-2010, 05:33 PM   #613
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh yeah...the highlight of my Thanksgiving trip was going to Denny's for breakfast and having 4 eggs sunnyside up...and a T-bone steak!!!!!!!!
Now that is a great idea!!! I dont want anyone coming back here telling us they had to eat the salad at the restaurant cause there was nothin else to order!! All that and shes droppin weight. The proof is in the meat folks!!!!

Becky, Im so excited for you! i cant wait til your tooth is better so you can get back to it!
Old 11-28-2010, 05:35 PM   #614
Blabbermouth!!!

So....I'll be headin out soon... I didnt forget that Im not supposed to have cream tomorrow. I'll be back tomorrow with some good news, but I may be a little bit cranky.

have a great night!
Old 11-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #615
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, I had a weak moment...

I was starving...feeling deprived...so I took some frozen fajita chicken strips and stir fried them in butter...and they were great...and I was satisfied...but not for long.

My boys had Lil Ceasars...a whole cheese pizza not eaten. I ate the cheese off of SIX pieces. There wasn't a whole lot of sauce...but there was a little stuck to the cheese.

That is my normal used to be way of eating LC...so I know it's not awful...it's not STillmans...or ZC...or VLC...and it could be a slippery slope for me right here at the start of Christmas Holiday Snacky Foods.

AND a chunk of my filling fell out...so it's a good thing I've just been eating scrambled eggs and shakes before now.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that...but I know y'all understand. I'm too close to goal to blow it now...I can't be displaying maintenance behavior and expect to lose...

I may just do shakes until I can see the dentist. (and coffee)

AL, the shakes are ok...the folks on the zero carb forum told me I should not drink those at all...due to all the additives...but it's very convienent and once I can eat meat again, I won't need them.

That cheese pizza was good...but I don't want to slip...

Thanks for reading...I'll take the kick in the pants now...
Old 11-28-2010, 09:14 PM   #616
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Good morning my peeps! 7am here - on my way out the door. Had my chicken egg bkfst- just like the old days lol. Packed a hb egg and my water bottle. I feel great this morn. Love u guyz... See u soon!
nermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:45 AM   #617
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Yay makemeslim! You can knock off quite a few by Dec. 13...and you will feel so much better too! I'm so glad to see you back!
Thanks Becky. I hope I can...it would be so great to drop a stone (14lb) by then...a big ask I know...but it has happened before so it can happen again right. I'll be off plan on that evening but will be jumping straight back on the next day until Christmas day... then off until the 27th and back on again. If I leave it until new year, I will definitely blow it. I will try to be careful and not just eat for the sake of it over Christmas, I don't want to undo all the good work but I do want to enjoy my food. How are you guys planning to eat over the Christmas period?

Last edited by makemeslim; 11-29-2010 at 02:51 AM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:56 AM   #618
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Hey AL! I'm feeling a little bummed due to my broken tooth...I've really missed my meat...I'm tired of eggs and protein shakes. I'm also constipated! hahaha

But I have to remind myself I have still lost 54 lbs in 6 months. Tomorrow marks 6 months for me...wow...1/2 a year! That pretty incredible!

I'm hoping to get in the dentist chair Tomorrow or Tuesday...

IM, I'd like to join you in that bag of doritos...but let's not!

We had a potluck after church...my goodness there was some good looking foods...banana pudding...strawberry cake...maybe the fact that I couldn't chew made the foods more tempting...or maybe these Atkins shakes have ignited a few cravings...i dunno...

54lbs is amazing!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:22 AM   #619
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi Guys!! A quick hello! Read your posts--Nermo is back!! Brilly!!! Awful weather here-snow! And flights are cancelled. If mine is cancelled tomorrow I am so in trouble cos my boss was not impressed I was going home so near Christmas!! So fingers crossed!! Al--a 15h shift-you poor thing-hugs to you! Love your back too! And Make-me Hi!! I got a Brazilian Blowdry today and I was thinking of you! Got lovely ash highlights too!! Hmmm should have been at work tho them I wouldn't be worrying about the weather---would still have horrible frizzy orange hair tho!! He!! xx

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Getting there!!! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #620
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Thanx u guyz know how to make me feel loved. Gt so happy to see u at 125. Yay! IM i am gonna be on u like a hawk. I have had 2 full no cheat days. Al u r doing great! Becky- congratr on the 54 pounds. Love ya all.
nermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #621
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Wow IM, I'm amazed at how much we have in common! I'm glad your teeth aren't bothering you now. ! Oh your poor DS! 3 hours is a mighty long time for a young man to be in that chair!
They gave him happy gas so he didn't mind a bit!!! Perhaps I should consider going back myself. .hehehe
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:12 PM   #622
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You could always plop them in the blender with some broth and make yourself a steak smoothie! MMM. .who is gonna try it first?
Old 11-29-2010, 05:15 PM   #623
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
and HWC is best for the zero carber...

when i mention cream, its really half and half...
Stupid question: What is HWC?? Gulp. .I'm embarrassed but I've been using flavored creamer for far too long. . did it up black today, gals! You'd be proud. . 2 cups and I didn't even gag. . Gotta push my water. . Tomorrow I plan to weigh in. .Did not do it this morning as I was out of habit, stayed up until 2:00 and then back up at 5:00 so I was tired, tired, tired. Feeling a bit worn tonight so I may jump in bed a little early. The kids are driving me insane today. .they are fighting and running and jumping and soffcating each other with pillows and destroying my bed. . I can tell. . its gonna be a long winter. .
Old 11-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #624
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ok, I had a weak moment...

I was starving...feeling deprived...so I took some frozen fajita chicken strips and stir fried them in butter...and they were great...and I was satisfied...but not for long.

My boys had Lil Ceasars...a whole cheese pizza not eaten. I ate the cheese off of SIX pieces. There wasn't a whole lot of sauce...but there was a little stuck to the cheese.

That is my normal used to be way of eating LC...so I know it's not awful...it's not STillmans...or ZC...or VLC...and it could be a slippery slope for me right here at the start of Christmas Holiday Snacky Foods.

AND a chunk of my filling fell out...so it's a good thing I've just been eating scrambled eggs and shakes before now.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that...but I know y'all understand. I'm too close to goal to blow it now...I can't be displaying maintenance behavior and expect to lose...

I may just do shakes until I can see the dentist. (and coffee)

AL, the shakes are ok...the folks on the zero carb forum told me I should not drink those at all...due to all the additives...but it's very convienent and once I can eat meat again, I won't need them.

That cheese pizza was good...but I don't want to slip...

Thanks for reading...I'll take the kick in the pants now...
Becks! O my goodness. . when my boys get pizza. . I've been known to do the same thing. . I justify it by calling it the Atkins diet (which I lost weight on) . I think the big thing to remember here is that you did have some control . you didn't go into a binge and you didn't eat the whole thing (I would have!). .

Congrats for you. . Remember . . we are all trying to change years and years of bad habits. . it won't happen overnight but we can change. . we can and we will! Let's go. .
Old 11-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #625
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Good morning my peeps! 7am here - on my way out the door. Had my chicken egg bkfst- just like the old days lol. Packed a hb egg and my water bottle. I feel great this morn. Love u guyz... See u soon!
Nermo! Glad to see you are back at it. . I can only check in at night due to a new office policy which makes me very sad. . . but at least I'm getting some work done, now !! so I'll look for your posts when I get home from work!

And yes. . . you need to stay on me. . every minute! So far. . so good. . no cheat here. . I just need more water. . only had 2 today. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 11-29-2010 at 05:22 PM..
Old 11-29-2010, 05:28 PM   #626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm having a bit of a crisis, guilt trip. . and just wanted to see what you guys thought. .

Since hubby and I have started the low carb lifestyle. . we have really gotten away from eating meals like a family. . I feel guilty becuase I don't cook no where near as much as I used to. . my kids get fast, thrown together meals and I end up eating in front of the computer (half of the time). hubby usually eats standing in the kitchen watching sports (very bad habit).. .... 50% is from being so darn busy. I just don't have time. .and the other 50% is not wanting to be around all those food options. It also amazes me at the amount of wasted food I have now that neither hubby or I eat the leftovers (Potatoes, rice, . .you know. the really bad carbs!). . I keep telling my hubby that we need to sit down to meals but I just can't seem to get them all in the same room at once. .and one of the kids is always running to practice or something. . I just feel bad. . I feel like I'm failing as a Mom. .you know, the June Cleaver . apron and dinner awaiting. .

Anyone have any suggestions. .Perhaps I should go back to slow cookers and menu planners. . Ugg. who has time. .I guess less typing . more cooking? Wahhhhh. .I don't wanna leave LCF. .

I guess I should take time and make a menu out of what I have and go back to cooking it the night before so that they can warm it up when they get home. . (((Sigh))) . . the life of a working mom. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 11-29-2010 at 05:30 PM..
Old 11-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #627
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here is my goal for tomorrow:

1. Get up. . and drag this weary body to the scale and record my weight (Eekkk)
2. Take my meds/drink one full glass of water (one down)
3. Drink my very black coffee
4. Get beautiful in less than 60 minutes
5. Pack a healthy lunch full of tuna, turkey and eggs (mental note: go to grocery store)
6. Drink another water (two down)
7. Work all stinkin day (drink waters, three four and five)
8. Come home and cook (drink water while cooking, Six)
9. Eat supper as a family (drink water, Seven)
9. Log into LCF (drink more water, Eight)
10. Climb into bed at a decent hour and get at least 6 hours of sleep, dream of my size 8 jeans tucked in the back of my closet. .
11. Pat myself on the back for a job well done and

START ALL OVER AGAIN THE NEXT DAY . . - 3 CLEAN DAYS AND COUNTING! yay, me!
Old 11-29-2010, 05:38 PM   #628
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am working on becoming the official page hog of all time. .

I will not leave this forum until this weight has fallen off of me and I become too thin to type any longer. .

So. .I'll probably be around for a long, long time. . O. .and I'm not changing my stats. . I'm not. I'm not. . I'm not. . No one can make me. . I hate 160 or 165 or whatever I weigh now. .
Old 11-29-2010, 05:38 PM   #629
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oink

Oink..

Oink. . . .
Old 11-30-2010, 07:23 AM   #630
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

and the hogg-y-ness continues. . Where is everyone?

I'm sneaking on just to report that yesterday was a good day!! I did not sneak in any carbs and I plan to have another great day. . .I sure hope everyone else is doing as well, too.. I feel better already!! Don't you wanna feel better too. . Join us and let the losing begin!