Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 06:19 AM   #571
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
I suggest we put our minds to it and get to goal no matter what it takes. Once we're there, then we will have an opportunity to cheat for a few days and jump back on plan.

If I didnt get to goal before my first cheat fest, I dont think I would have ever made it. It is my wish that everyone can get to their dream weight to really feel it and enjoy it, and hopefully have the cheats more under control when they happen. Im still working on this and working hard, but I have to say that stillman came up with a good plan. Get the weight off. Get it off quick, and then enjoy the extras. Jump back on plan if you see 3 extra pounds. (When I cheat for one day I usually see 10 extra pounds, but if that means for me, its one week on Stillmans, one day off, I think I can handle it)

Im rambling now but thats my next plan..hardcore stillmans, cheat on Christmas. Hardcore Stillmans, cheat on new years. Instead of telling myself Im gonna eat meat forever and then failing, I will say I will do the best I can and its ok to eat whatever I want every couple weeks. I just have to make sure its a one day free for all and not a 14 day free for all.

and looking deeper into my psyche...it think it all begins with my morning coffee. I drink a cup with 1 sweet and low and 4 creamers, and I can typically down 4-6 a day! Its like it doesnt register becasue its a liquid and it keeps me from eating. I should really just have 4-6 cups of tuna a day! My true test of willpower will be to drink that coffee black. I cant complain about my weight if Im not following the rules and cream is a definite rule breaker!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2010, 06:22 AM   #572
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2- What a wonderful opening to a wonderful day! You are truly our prized possession here!

and I will always choose the pink leather!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 06:23 AM   #573
Blabbermouth!!!

Love the new kitty!!! I need an updated pic. I am just not feeling very gaga these days.....
Old 11-28-2010, 08:14 AM   #574
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
I'm back!!! Loving the new Avi..Al..

I still feel like crapola.. Soaked in my tub. .turned on the jets. .soaked my head. . held my breath. . did a few leg lifts. . Still feel awful. . OMG. .will someone remind me of this feeling the next time I think about cheating? I even downed Mylanta hoping that would take away the blahs. . my head won't stop pounding. .. . it must be a migraine which is why I feel like I wanna puke! Thank goodness I have no where I have to be today. . What a way to end a 4 days weekend!

Al..are you at work? Poor gal. . I think I'll take your advice and simmer down on the coffee, myself (starting tomorrow). I need it today. But you are exactly right. . my once in a while, SF creamer has turned into a big shot of full flavored (peppermint/mocha and gingerbread) indulgence. I think that is what gets me craving. the aftertaste after the first cup stays with me. . (sugar!!). . so I am positive that is my problem. . .I'll start my week with one or two cups O black Java and then switch to flavored Tea if I still feel like something. . I have boxes and boxes (free after coupons) so I have enough for the long winter. .
Old 11-28-2010, 08:22 AM   #575
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm cooking a ham today for my boys.. I was supposed to do it for Thanksgiving, along with the turkey and I forgot to take it out of the freezer! Dang.. I plan to have a little but will not overdo it because of the sodium. I have a little turkey left so I will make sure I fill my plate with that first. .

Speaking of Turkey.. did you guys load up? I ended up only buying 2 because my freezers were both too full. . I got em for .29 a pound . . Can't beat it. . I don't eat the dark meat but even just for the breast. . it was well worth it. . I will probably end up pulling the other one out of the freezer this week . , should try some turkey soup. .I'll have to go back through the posts to see if I can find the recipe. . unless Al want's to share, .(hint, hint)
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:25 AM   #576
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O and for the record, Al.. I love your ramblings. . 1. It gives me inspiration . .2. . it makes me realize I am not the only one with these thoughts . . 3. . .It means more when you write it..

so keep on rambling. . you will always have an audience!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:11 AM   #577
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Al..are you at work? Poor gal. . I think I'll take your advice and simmer down on the coffee, myself (starting tomorrow). I need it today. But you are exactly right. . my once in a while, SF creamer has turned into a big shot of full flavored (peppermint/mocha and gingerbread) indulgence. I think that is what gets me craving. the aftertaste after the first cup stays with me. . (sugar!!). . so I am positive that is my problem. . .I'll start my week with one or two cups O black Java and then switch to flavored Tea if I still feel like something. . I have boxes and boxes (free after coupons) so I have enough for the long winter. .
OK. So first things Im gonna do tomorrow when I wake up is pee, weigh, and log into LCF. I will state my weight (which is probably up a tad bit more) and reinforce that I will be drinking my coffee black. thats exactly what I will do. (I will not let myself sleepwalk over to the keurig and start dumping that cream in..) its gonna be tough, but I'll do it for you guys and not for me! Im due for a little torture after the way Ive been indulging...

IM2 and her coupons.... no wonder Im broke, paying full price for everything!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #578
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
2. . it makes me realize I am not the only one with these thoughts .
then that makes you completely crazy too!!!

ahhh its nice not to be alone!!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:19 AM   #579
Blabbermouth!!!

OK...I have to move out of state....the cheapest turkey I found was frozen and 69 cents!!! Butterball was 99! grrrrrrrrrr

I'll see if I can pull up the soup recipe. Not really a recipe but the method of which to boil them bones....
Old 11-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #580
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow. This if freaky....I was just in last years october thread (looking for turkey)and I wrote the following:

"So I'm predicting that I can get to 135 by Thanksgiving. I love the torture so I can honestly say I won't be indulging in anything but turkey! Maybe even in the 120's by christmas!! Wouldn't that be the best present!"

I was exactly 135 when I got on the scale after this thanksgiving. I was so happy back then. Why cant I just be happy now!!! I know why. Because I got a taste of 120.....
Old 11-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #581
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2- I love re-reading our old stuff!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:56 AM   #582
Blabbermouth!!!

Heres one of my versions....

"After I roast the turkey, and take all the meat off the bones, I fill the pot with water an inch past the bones. I read somewhere to add vinegar to pull the nutrients from the bones, so I do. A few splashes, at that. (1/4 cup) Add salt. Bring to just a boil, then simmer for hours. (like 4-5) The more you let it boil down, the more turkey flavored it is. When its almost done, I strain it and then I add pepper, italian seasoning or herbs de provence, and onion powder. Sometimes celery seed/salt. Cook 5-10 minutes more after adding the seasonings. Taste test, add more herbs if you like. Once the broth is done, you need to let it cool in the fridge for a while, then you can skim all the chunky fat off the top. The broth will turn to a gelatin in the fridge, so you'll then have to reheat and add the chopped turkey."
Old 11-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #583
Blabbermouth!!!

im pulling a 15 hour shift today.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 11-28-2010, 11:01 AM   #584
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Al . you are the best. .

If I didn't have so much work to do and such a big headache, I woud go back and read, too . I really need the inspiration. . Don't you find it amazing, we've kept this up for so long. . unimaginable! I want more meat today. .
Old 11-28-2010, 11:52 AM   #585
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks, Al . you are the best. .

If I didn't have so much work to do and such a big headache, I woud go back and read, too . I really need the inspiration. . Don't you find it amazing, we've kept this up for so long. . unimaginable! I want more meat today. .
It is amazing. We deserve a round! (...of shots )

I need to get back some spunk or something. My words back then were oooozing with excitement. Now its kinda like blah.. blah.. meat.. blah...lets go!.. blah...
Old 11-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #586
Blabbermouth!!!

that headache better stop soon!!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 11:58 AM   #587
Blabbermouth!!!

whats up Becky??? Your words are always oozing with excitement on that protein high!

(crossing my fingers you can have your steak again soon!)
Old 11-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #588
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hi makeme!!! Consider yourself kicked! We can do this!

now kick me back!
Hi Al. Right back atcha.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #589
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Checking in, .. just had a thought about ripping into the bag of Doritos. . I can't believe I picked up 3 bags.. and now they are hanging out in the pantry screaming my name. . I could feed them all to the kids but they don't need them either. . OK. . I'm better now. . back to work .
Old 11-28-2010, 03:54 PM   #590
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Becky! I've had the exact same issues. .had a filling that was over 20 years old. .crack.. fall out. . I went and got it crowned then the stupid crown fell off. . went and got it fixed again and that fell off too. .Was over a Holiday weekend so I just took pain meds and let it go. . I never did go get it fixed and it hasn't bothered me since; however I do have a hole in my molar. . I wouldn't recommend it but just know that it doesn't last forever. My kids need too much dental work for me to pay for another crown right now so I just make sure I brush and floss carefully. . I am sorry for you.. dental stuff is no fun. .my son just spent 3 hours in the dentist chair for his football related injury! ugg
Wow IM, I'm amazed at how much we have in common! I'm glad your teeth aren't bothering you now. ! Oh your poor DS! 3 hours is a mighty long time for a young man to be in that chair!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:58 PM   #591
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Becky123; Sorry to hear about your tooth disaster!!! It will get better... interesting timing wasn't it? But you are down 2 lbs instead of up 2 lbs... like I am at the moment... due to a good appetite at Thanksgiving! Thank God is wasn't 5 lbs! I am back on Stillmans today, and going for the last 10 lbs! You won't need a root canal, that is caused from nerve damage over a long period of time... I believe. Hopefully you have an honest, old fashioned dentist...

CCgirl; I hope you enjoyed getting out that flute! Nothing like good music during the Holidays! The magnisum citrate that dehydrated me very well was oral solution and it generally comes in a glass bottle in the laxative section of the store. I got Safeways brand, lemon flavor because that is all there was. It does have sucrose in it as one of the last ingredients, but I still lost almost 8 lbs in 2 days. The day after my weigh in I gained four lbs back, but that was just water weight. I have 10 more lbs to lose on Stillman before I am personally satisfied with my weight. Thanksgving dinner gave my metabolism a chance to rebound, and made my Mom delighted that I actually ate more than pure protein... : ) It was a relief to my family...

Hey everyone... we can get our bodies better before the first of the year... so hang in there and while the rest of the world is having upheavals, we can go through whatever 2011 brings us, in healthier, happier bodies... now how is that for control?
Thanks Anything! That's pretty wild that you lost 8 lbs in 2 days! It sounds like we might be going into maintenance around the same time...that skeers me silly!!

I've thought about having a few cheat days...I don't mean a sugar binge...but maybe some bread or a sweet potato...I dunno...I'm skeered of that too!
Old 11-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #592
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Becky- So sorry about your dental troubles!! WTG! on dropping 2 lbs!

GT- your pics look great! You are so slim!! the first two shots are perfect, and I think its your top in the third that is too big, not your thighs!!! hope you have a safe trip! WTG for prepping and packing food ahead of time!! Good idea for taking pics to really see the progress your making after all that exercise! Kellys got nothing on ya!!
Thanks AL!
GT, your pics are amazing...my word, you are tiny!!!!!!You should feel fabulous, terrific!! Thanks for sharing your pics!
Old 11-28-2010, 04:02 PM   #593
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Being 135 now puts me in a weird clothes category. The smaller stuff makes me look like a stuffed sausage, but the comfy bigger clothes makes me look prego. I have no inbetween clothes....must lose 10 pounds stat! actually 20...

I cant even face a pouch of tuna....how am I gonna do this peeps? ugh...

I think I have to unbutton my pants....thank goodness Im all alone today at work...
I feel so fat in some of my "10's" ... but some of my 12's are starting to hang. I think a lot of it has to do with the cut of the skirt...if it hugs my tummy or hips...blech...

I don't think I can eat tuna any more...I've really lost the appetite for that...I sure have missed my steak though...
Old 11-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #594
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Hey Aleriaaa,,
When I'm overweight, which I am, I have a fat head. My brother who lacked tack and saw me for the first time in years said I looked like one of the peanuts characters. Then thanksgiving, my DIL (whom I usually love) told me I looked so much older than my younger sister. So I guess I look old with a fat head. That is interesting you gain in your nose.

Well anyway, I'm working my way back to plan. Yesterday I almost made it through the whole day,,,,then ate donuts and a bagel,,,,had to wash them down with juice and milk. :blush:

Today is a new day.....
It'stime...for some reason the post about your brother made me chuckle outloud! (Oh, how I love this group!) Family can say the stupidest things sometimes!!! I'm proud of you for getting back to plan...I know it can be hard, but once you really get some momentum behind you, it will be easier!
Old 11-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #595
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Helloooo all. I'm back. Tomorrow is gonna be my first day back on stillman. I am 198 now. I need all the support i can get. Love u and miss u guyz
Nermo! I'm so glad to see you back!
Old 11-28-2010, 04:06 PM   #596
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I didn't gain much over the holiday (one meal off), but I checked my blood sugar this morning and it was 132, and that was after being back on Stillman's for a day, so I took 2 bitter melon pills, and it was back down to 115 within 45 minutes... which leads me to wonder, what was my blood sugar after Thanksgiving 2 days ago??? Nice to be back on track...
Anything, I've made it through Thanksgiving fine, but tonight I am fighting the temptation to eat something stupid...I have to keep reminding myself that I would feel gross afterwards...
Old 11-28-2010, 04:08 PM   #597
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Al; really, if you are smaller, just be grateful. Here I am a DD and hoping to God I get a breast reduction. They are heavy, and limit your physical activity. Besides, most men worth their salt, really could care less about breast size... If you are smaller, you are at an advantage to maintain your physical activity. The whole plastic surgery thing is getting kind of creepy, I mean, we used to laugh about this as an idea when we were little girls, and now someone is doing it!
Anything, I hope you can get the surgery too...I understand that it can cause many hardships when you are extra big on top!
Old 11-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #598
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Back again.:blush: Hope all is well. I have a getogether to attend on the
13th of December, so I want to shed a few. Finding it difficult to get started...could really do with a kick in the behind.
Yay makemeslim! You can knock off quite a few by Dec. 13...and you will feel so much better too! I'm so glad to see you back!
Old 11-28-2010, 04:10 PM   #599
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

NERMO! God really does answer prayers. . I prayed for a sign I neeed to get back in and there you were .. I need you.. Al needs you. . and we need Gwn. . Cupcake is here... and we can all do this together. Webb? you in.. CC? Wild? Make Me ? Lisa? come on..lets do this!

Nermo is back. . yay.. ya.. OK nermo.. I'm gonna make you do this. . I bet you that I can do a clean full week. before you can. . you in? Sunday..day 1
It is GREAT to see friends posting back on the thread. (msgirl, where are yooooooooou?) It's very encouraging!
Old 11-28-2010, 04:12 PM   #600
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Gals! I am working on getting back into the grove.. took a few days off. . a littel cheat here. . a littel cheat there. . you know how it goes. . I need a clean week and I know I can do it. . feeling fat and ugly.. seriously. . went shopping and tried on a few things. 3 way mirrors are not my favorite! OMG. . hate shopping! I just want to be out of an XL for once in my life. . Large doesn't bother me as much as XL or 1X does.. something about that big fat X that gets me every single time! seeing a size M would make my day. . I'm 5'4" and now weigh 160!! What is wrong with me and why do I weigh so much.. help me!
You can do it IM!! Maybe it's time to simplify for a while???