Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 07:01 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Funny, Beck.. I don't feel very chatty today either. . I was thinking it was too early for TOM but I'm kinda getting that feelign again. . Errgg. . is there such a thing as middle of the month PMS? I'll pop a few Midol and see if my mood lightens!

I did not cheat today either. . Weighed in this morning and I'm thinking there was still sleep stuck in my eyes. . I refused to get off and re-focus. . let's just say. . we are not friends. . that scale and I. . I hate it. . .I think I'm going to ask for my hello Kitty scale for christmas. . I just know she'll keep me in line. . .

Went to my son's "Dessert banquet for Football tonight. . Desserts??? You would be so proud of me, peeps. . I had Diet Coke! Yep.. 1 little 8 oz glass of diet coke while sitting next to my 10 year old who was eating something called mint, chocolate peanut butter cake. . the smell alone was enough to make me wanna drop kick the quarterback who was piling more on his plate... but I refrained.. . put in a piece of trident layers and turned my back on all the goodies. . yep. . we sat at the table right next to the buffet line. .stupid..stupid.. stupid..

but I can be proud that I didn't have anything.. it is 9:43 at night . .my menu today included

1 Cup Lettuce, green pepper and tomato topped with
1/2 cup ground beef. . sprinkled with hot sauce.
1 burger patty with hot sauce
15 smoked almonds (I know . but better than dessert, right?)

That's it. . I realize no tuna, chicken but light day on the meat so maybe I'll see some loss tomorrow.. .

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK.. it is now 11:37 and I really should be in bed.. I am so tired of being up half the night .. working .working..working. (while my family sleeps, mind you?) . .Do you ever feel used and abused? I do... but I quickly get over it and get on with my life. .. so.. I need a lose the weight fast.. quick tip.. I really am sick of my stomach entering a room before me. . any tips?
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
I'm back again. I love all the shoes you guys are posting lol
icandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ican! So glad to see you are posting.. so what shoes shall we enjoy next. .. I'm thinking something hot. .
Old 11-04-2010, 03:52 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by team leo View Post
Well I was at work talking to Mr. Muscle again and he looks at weight loss from a body builders perspective. He explained how precise they are at losing fat and building muscle and they mainly use ketogenic diets like stillmans to accomplish this but he also pointed out that when you lose fat you also lose lean mass but the problem is something called wasting. If you are losing weight and not building muscle you are losing lean muscle mass too the same a prisioner in a cell who gets no exercise would. The problem is that when you get close to your goal weight and start to go on maintance and eat more carbs but you havent retained enough muscle it will be really hard on you especially as you get older. I really am taking his advice and am going to get started on the muscle building. Even though you are happy and want to loose the fat and get rid of it the unfortunate side effect is you lose good body tissue as well if you dont respect the science. It is time to start pumping iron as well as eating meat. I believe this will keep people from yo yo ing back and forth and using this diet by cheating and going back on it too much is harmful to the system.
Hi Leo!! I love all your info--keep it coming!! I know it's a bit cheeky but can you ask your friend if those Tanita scales say you have kept or built a bit of muscle then is it true? As I say I haven't really built much at all, maybe 2% in over a year--I do bike riding,Pilates and I've just started doing arm-weights. I just wanna know have I at least stopped the muscle loss associated with a diet. I feel as tho I've built some cos I can feel them --but maybe that's cos there's less fat covering them now!! Thanks!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:54 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
I am back! After 2 funerals and a 5 pound weight gain

I am trying hard to put myself back in the picture but it is hard to do right now - seems everyone wants a piece of me (wish they would LITERALLY take one )

Wet dreary weather has settled in here in the south - time to make some Turkey Soup and catch up on all the post I have missed.

It still has not quite sunk in that my mom and uncle/godfather are gone.....
Hi Sharon, I am so so sorry for your loss, I really am.
Don't worry about the gain, do what you can right now.

PS Glad you haven't loss your humour!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:56 AM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post

I'm not in a real chatty mood...just wanted to say hello and that's still on track!
Hi Becky!!
Old 11-04-2010, 04:03 AM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
no, actually the fat should make you feel energized! Mom is a fataholic now that I taught her the Stilly way..........no more bread or crackers when she's running outta gas.....almonds or cheese!
Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Stilly did not like fat in any form whatsoever---and cheese--oh the poor Dr. must be turning in his grave!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't even think he liked ground beef--and peeps I had a big bowl yesterday, and it was sooooo good!!! (gained a pound this morning cos of it-but that always happens when I eat it, goes a few days later, and sometimes even takes a friend or 2 with it!)
I was thinking--- you could have a Summer and Winter version!!! Tuna etc and some salad in the Summer and then just ground beef all Winter!!
Old 11-04-2010, 04:05 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Im2--your willpower is truly amazing!! I hope you're rewarded very very soon!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 04:09 AM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

It's gonna reach 20degrees today. (think 70fahreneit) All the cafe seats are out in the town already in the town, so I really hope I can get out at lunch!! I need some sun!!
Old 11-04-2010, 05:23 AM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hey Girlies!!!

I could eat ground beef all winter GT! Great idea!

So, Im still on meat, no cheats, but Im overdoing the eggs...I think I had 7 yesterday, plus chicken, plus ground turkey. I was starving! and bored, I guess. The kids were home sick and I just kept eating everytime they did!.

The scale is still the same so thats good news. I like being able to eat a lot and not gain a lot. as long as I stick to meat!!! can we even call egg a meat? just doesnt sound right...

Im still sick. Nighttime cough-fits and plugged up ears. evaporate already!!! Im in such a grumpy mood. back to work tomorrow and I dont even know where the last few days went. just been mopin around not getting anything done...

sorry Im not really here for you girls. I love you and I know you'll do the right thing to gets those pesky pounds off!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:08 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Stilly did not like fat in any form whatsoever---and cheese--oh the poor Dr. must be turning in his grave!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't even think he liked ground beef--and peeps I had a big bowl yesterday, and it was sooooo good!!! (gained a pound this morning cos of it-but that always happens when I eat it, goes a few days later, and sometimes even takes a friend or 2 with it!)
I was thinking--- you could have a Summer and Winter version!!! Tuna etc and some salad in the Summer and then just ground beef all Winter!!
she's in maintenance now so it's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hey Girlies!!!

So, Im still on meat, no cheats, but Im overdoing the eggs...I think I had 7 yesterday, plus chicken, plus ground turkey. I was starving! and bored, I guess. The kids were home sick and I just kept eating everytime they did!.

The scale is still the same so thats good news. I like being able to eat a lot and not gain a lot. as long as I stick to meat!!! can we even call egg a meat? just doesnt sound right...

Im still sick. Nighttime cough-fits and plugged up ears. evaporate already!!! Im in such a grumpy mood. back to work tomorrow and I dont even know where the last few days went. just been mopin around not getting anything done...

sorry Im not really here for you girls. I love you and I know you'll do the right thing to gets those pesky pounds off!!
Al, feel better soon!..lots of rest if you can

well, it's 40F and raining.......it had just started after I got my run in. Much warmer than 22 yesterday...I didn't even go out!

have a gr8 day all!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:17 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Down 2 pounds this morning - probably would have been more if I had stayed OUT of the raw almonds yesterday

Here is my thought for today for my girlie LC friends:

At last summer is over ... Now we do not need to shave our legs, keeping the hair inside the bikini pants. We can relax the abdominal muscles, pull out our breasts and we do not need to press together our bum halves. What a relief it must be ... Have a fantastic winter girls =))
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:44 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Down 2 pounds this morning - probably would have been more if I had stayed OUT of the raw almonds yesterday

Here is my thought for today for my girlie LC friends:

At last summer is over ... Now we do not need to shave our legs, keeping the hair inside the bikini pants. We can relax the abdominal muscles, pull out our breasts and we do not need to press together our bum halves. What a relief it must be ... Have a fantastic winter girls =))
I keep both yards mowed anyway..now there's TMI!

but I am looking forward to knee high boots, scarves and jackets!

Old 11-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi Sharon, I am so so sorry for your loss, I really am.
Don't worry about the gain, do what you can right now.

PS Glad you haven't loss your humour!
Thanks GT. I am trying NOT to revert back to snacking my way thru the day!! There are too many BAD leftovers here - I think I am going to pack them all up and give them to a neighbor (a SKINNY one )

Last edited by swebb; 11-04-2010 at 01:16 PM..
Old 11-04-2010, 01:19 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O, way more fun than giving it to the cats........ I'm glad to see your chin up, too
Old 11-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

uggg..........I wish the pounds would fall as fast as my hair!! Biotin is not helping. Good thing I had thick hair to begin with. At this rate I will be a skinny BALD old lady!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:01 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ugh.........I wish I knew what makes that happen........are u taking all your vits? I would totally freak if my hair went anywhere.......it's my only redeeming quality.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
I'm trying not to panic...I just washed mine and quite a bit came out. My scalp is sort of sore too.

I have read it's normal to go through this after losing weight, regardless of what kind of "diet" you were on...and I know it's normal after having babies...some folks have said after having surgery...I think the anethesia might cause hair loss?? Sounds like stress on the body can make those follicles loosen...

I've been taking Biotin and Hair Skin and Nail vits for years...probably since 04 or 05...my hair had really gotten nice and thick...it saddens me to think it might be thinning out...but I had to lose that weight...

I wonder if stopping the CO had any effect?? I would think not, but it did start coming out more around the time I quit CO...

Swebb, I hope your shedding is through sooner than later...and CC, I hope you don't have any problems...if you haven't by now, you should be safe...

I'm off to google hair loss and CO...haha
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
I just went back to the October thread...I had my first noticable increase in hairloss on Oct. 18....and I quit CO on Oct 21....

So I don't think stopping CO is what made the hair start coming out.

I may try some scalp massages with the CO though ... in my reading I saw where that might help....

I hope I see a pounds loss soon...I was back at 159 this morning...took a shower and then it said 161...I don't know what's going on with me! I shouldn't have gotten on there that second time! ha
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG Becky-I wish I would see some scale action. Do keep us informed on what you find out about the hair loss.....

Are you two on any meds that may be contributing?

Just a thought......
Old 11-04-2010, 05:08 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Becks! I am not sure . but my hair loss is equated to old age. .. (Or so I believe). > I, too, have lost a lot of hair and cannot seem to grow it out past my shoulders.. However, I do dye mine (roots usually ) and I do curl and dry it every single day...I think it just goes with the territory.. I did hear that Rogaine will help but you have to use it every day. . . I am not quite that desperate - I do take Biotin every day, too. . I also lost a ton when I was pregnant. . maybe we should try pre-natal vitamins.. I hear they are excellent for nails, too. .
Old 11-04-2010, 06:38 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Hello strangers! Sorry I've been MIA! I have just been so busy I haven't had time to relax in weeks!! Work is killing me. Grad school is killing me..but on the plus side I'm down 3 lbs this week
Hope all is well!
Xoxo
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:42 AM   #54
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hey Girlies!!!

Hi Al!!
Old 11-05-2010, 01:43 AM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
she's in maintenance now so it's all good.
That was quick!
Old 11-05-2010, 01:44 AM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Was just thinking about that putting on tights and boots a few days ago!!
Old 11-05-2010, 01:46 AM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thanks GT. I am trying NOT to revert back to snacking my way thru the day!! There are too many BAD leftovers here - I think I am going to pack them all up and give them to a neighbor (a SKINNY one )
Yeah, fatten them all up!!
Old 11-05-2010, 01:47 AM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
uggg..........I wish the pounds would fall as fast as my hair!!
Old 11-05-2010, 01:49 AM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
At this rate I will be a skinny BALD old lady!
Aaa, but you'll be skinny!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 01:50 AM   #60
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I don't know what's going on with me! I shouldn't have gotten on there that second time! ha
Yeah why do we all do that!! We should know by now that usually the scale is nastier the 2nd time round!