Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 02:50 PM   #511
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post

going to count my quarters right now for that darn vending machine....
Step away!!!!! Cos I don't think there's Stilly approved things in there!! ......unless ye have really cool ones in the States!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #512
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
So I looked at the prices in the vending machine and boy have they gone up! Luckily, I didnt have enough quarters....lol
Good!!
Old 11-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #513
Big Yapper!!!!

Just thinking-I used to use the vending machine so much at work. ...then you know I'd get a little something for the journey home!! Oh yeah those were the (bad) days peeps!!
Old 11-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #514
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok I'm off to bed! Dunno what's wrong with me-can't actually keep my eyes open!! It's 10.45. Nite nite!!
Old 11-21-2010, 03:32 PM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Thanks CC. I put it on Craigslist (no inquiries) and now EBay - where there has been lots of action. Bidding ends tomorrow - reserve has been met so it will sell!! There will be enough from the sale to pay for the obit for my mom, settle some of her estate and buy a ticket for my dad to come visit for Christmas.

Know anyone looking for a box truck!! Have one of those up on EBay as well
hey, nice job on the listing! I'm surprised at your star count.......the listing sounds like a seasoned pro!

Quote:
whoa CC.... you are hardcore.. I cant beleive everything your poor mouth has been through!!! to have your teeth knocked out by a dog!!! maybe I wont be getting that puppy Ive been begging hubby for....
mom says I'm a wuss and to get the novocaine it wasn't the dog so much as the two older boys playing hockey in the house and getting him ipset.

Quote:
I loved what Anything wrote. Please do listen to her C!!!!
I will try harder....I promise.

Quote:
OK Peeps! You can have your page back now!!! well, after one more thought...

as much as I think meat is the weigh to go, I may have to keep cheating until Gwn comes back. Yup. Thats my threat, Gwn. Im gonna cheat and cheat so you better check in!! You wouldnt want to be the cause of me gaining all my weight back, now would ya??

ooh that's baaaaaaaaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I'll confess too!! Had a big salad last night!! And boty did it taste good!! I'm not sorry!! But I did have one square of choc-little bit sorry about that!! We went ice-skating yesterday-it was so much fun!! And then we went for food after. I wasn't gonna have anything, just tea cos it was kind of a bakery place and there was only carbs!! But I felt really hungry and kinda faint(have been so tired all week!)so I ate the salad!! And then my friend bought a big bar but I was good and had one square--didn't even taste that great-shock, am I losing my taste for the good stuff!!!!!
Actually that would be no bad thing!
i believe it-too many things taste like crap now, so good a thing!

Quote:
Ok I'm off to bed! Dunno what's wrong with me-can't actually keep my eyes open!! It's 10.45. Nite nite!!
you must need rest! A pleasant night to ye!
CCGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:46 PM   #516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

IM2+

this one's ending soon, but it's a great deal with the stand and chair+
the keyboards alone are ending around 60+75.00 not incl. shipping

Casio CTK-401 electronic portable keyboard stand chair Item number: 140478493542

Item condition: Used

Time left: 0h 36m 11s (Nov 21, 201015:32:14 PST)

Bid history: 0 bids

Starting bid: US $75.00

__________________________________________________ _________________________
Casio LK230 61 Key Personal Keyboard Premium Package Item number: 110614527368

Item condition: New

Time left: 2d 22h (Nov 24, 201013:00:34 PST)

Bid history: 1 bid

Current bid: US $0.99

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
yamaha piano psr-e203 Item number: 260695112660

Item condition: Used

Time left: 2d 01h (Nov 23, 201016:01:06 PST)

Last edited by CCGirl; 11-21-2010 at 03:58 PM..
Old 11-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #517
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
My weigh in at the plastic surgeons is less than 24 hours away... at 2:45 Monday pacific daylight time! I am drinking another magnesium citrate despite the sucrose this evening, as I lost 4 lbs of water weight from yesterday. This I will not do again, but an entire surgery that can change my life is being weighed in the balance. So, after church I will guzzle it down, and pray for the best. If my surgery does not get authorized, I have to leave it in the Hands of a God that knows the future and what is best. As many of you know, I have been very faithful to Stillman's and am so glad to have found all of you here. This is the moment of decision, these next few hours... I am praying the Surgeon will back me up. Its the insurance companies that are tough. One pound can make the difference. Thank you for all of your love and prayers. CC, play a song for me while I weigh in! Please? Keep me in your prayers.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 173/180/120
WOE: Atkins72 five days/Stillmans 2 days
Start Date: November 1st, 2014
Thank you all for your birthday wishes about a week and a half ago. I did enjoy it, just too much and too long. :blush: But I'm back and ready to take back the land I loss. Well maybe I should say lose the land I gained. Tomorrow i'll repost my weight and make me accountable.

Last edited by It'stime; 11-21-2010 at 09:47 PM..
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:24 AM   #519
Senior LCF Member

Itstime; Thank you for the reminder that the joy of the Lord is my strength. I will take that to the weigh-in with me today...
Old 11-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #520
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Itstime; Thank you for the reminder that the joy of the Lord is my strength. I will take that to the weigh-in with me today...

Old 11-22-2010, 08:58 PM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

Well today was a great day as far as staying on plan. I've decided not to report my damage from the past 10 days and just wait till I get back to 169 and start fresh.

It amazes me how much better I feel today after just one day of only meat.
I had eggs, steak and chicken...
Old 11-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #522
Senior LCF Member

To Everyone; Thank you for your support. I was one pound off of the mark that the insurance is requiring for my breast reduction. The medical office staff felt optimistic as my other measurements were "medically necessary" to have the breast reduction. I will let you all know what the insurance says in "5 working days". I can't believe just one pound off... so it is in God's hands, and much prayer is being made that the person who reviews this will allow it. The great thing is, it was only one pound. Now I just have 10 more lbs to lose for my own benefit before I can go on maintenance. Thanks gals!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #523
Senior LCF Member

I suppose everyone is getting ready for Thanksgiving!? The boards have been quiet all day. I am going to exercise for now... trampoline and then 30 minutes of infra-red sauna...

4 eggs
2Tblsp veganaise
roasted chicken breast

I feel like a pig!
Old 11-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #524
Senior LCF Member

roasted chicken breast... back on my water.
Anyone know of a low carb pumpkin pie recipe? How about pumpkin spiced oopsies?
Old 11-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Did I run people off this board? Where are you all?
Old 11-24-2010, 01:05 PM   #526
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/164/160 5'5"
Hey Anything and Everyone else! We are doing the family thing...

Today I've ad 3 eggs
steak
two cups of coffee w/artificial sweetener & cream

Tonight for dinner I plan to have burgers...

Meat-Meat-Meat Babeeeeee!!

I haven't weighed since Sunday morning...I'm hoping I'll see a loss when I get back home.
Anything, last year at this time I was following a general LC plan and I did make the Pumpkin bake...I don't remember the exact recipe...but it was very good and filling...and it didn't cause me to gain ... but it didn't seem to help me lose either. I've thought about having it every once and awhile whenever I get to goal.

if you do a search for pumpkin bake recipe, you'll probably find it...I wanna say it was by Josie...but I'm not sure.
I hope everyone is doing well!
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:18 PM   #527
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Well today was a great day as far as staying on plan.
It amazes me how much better I feel today after just one day of only meat.
I had eggs, steak and chicken...
Ya gotta love meat!!
Old 11-24-2010, 01:30 PM   #528
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
To Everyone; Thank you for your support. I was one pound off of the mark that the insurance is requiring for my breast reduction. The medical office staff felt optimistic as my other measurements were "medically necessary" to have the breast reduction. I will let you all know what the insurance says in "5 working days". I can't believe just one pound off... so it is in God's hands, and much prayer is being made that the person who reviews this will allow it. The great thing is, it was only one pound. Now I just have 10 more lbs to lose for my own benefit before I can go on maintenance. Thanks gals!!!
I really hope you get the breast reduction! I'm sure with just 1 pound off they ill approve it!! Congrats on the huge losses too!!
Old 11-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #529
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post

Meat-Meat-Meat Babeeeeee!!
Yeah baby!!!
Old 11-24-2010, 01:55 PM   #530
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi peeps! Boy are ye quiet!!! I'm going home ffor the weekend affter work tomorow--can't wait!!! So pray I'l lmake my flight cos I'm cutting it very fine with the train i have to ttake and security has really been upped in Germany, on trains as well so I'm hoping there'll be no delays!!
I have my eggs cooked and some prepacked chicken pieces bought for the journey! I intend to keep on plan this weekend, not that I think it's doing me much good! the scale hasn't budged at all-not even an ounce. It's getting really frustrating but I'm just keeping on! I'm on plan 100% (well there was 1 or 2 apples!!) an i don't think I can do any more exercisse. I've been doing 2 hrs on the bike (sometimes1-depending on time!) Mari Winsor Pilates DVD, A Tracey Anderson DVD (toning with some weights) and The Bar Method DVD. And boy does that hurt!! It says you should see results reallly fast--eh I must be slow so!!! Anyway I've decide I can't really tell if I'm getting thinner so I've taken some picks and I'll take some every couple of weeeks to see if there are any changes!! (I've put them up on my gallery, if anyone wants to look! I'm getting a bit braver in my old age!! Some day I will be very brave and put a full one in and the dreaded before shot!--- Tho knowing me I'll prob take them down again!!)
The other thing that made me take some was I was watching Off The Rails (Irish show about fashion) and this really slim girl was getting a makeover and she thought she was fat and had big hips-she didn't she was stick thin. Anyway to prove to her that she had a good figure they took her measurements and mine ware all about 2inches smaller than her. I seriously couldn't believe it. Ok she was 5"7 so therefore that means shes thinner than me but still. I would have said I was at least 5inches wider than her everywhere. It still brings me back to the same thing tho-I must be incredibly small-boned because I'm def not thin---and peeps it's not for lack of trying!!!
Now--that's my big whinge for the day!!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 11-24-2010, 02:18 PM   #531
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok!!! When I said I had put the picks up, I meant I was about to do it!!!! OMG I have done it and it's scary!! I clicked on the picks and obviously they incresae in size....it's sooo much better on the little camera screen!! Yuk yuk yuk!! If I had a pen I could literally draw lines down the outside and inside of my thighs--and i can't even think about my butt! I just hope what they sat about thhe bar Method is true!!!
Yeah I think I'll be taking these picks down pretty soon.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:09 PM   #532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi all, prayers for all our wishes come true!

I have been tooting Winter Wonderland on my flute each day, in anticipating mom and dad no. 2 arriving from Miami, where it is a lovely 80F.

They arrived tired but happy last night to 41F and 20MPH winds!

1 lb. away from reduction........go girl What is the mag sulfite cocktail name? I just take three mag tabs and the next morn its bombs away.

Tried on a skinny fit Lauren blouse.in a 14! Tight across the rack and loose down below, but mom said get it so we did. Funny, I always thought the girls werre a bit small.....36C or D depending on the make. On a 5'8" frame.

Pretty quiet for the hols so I will bid ye a happy Thanks and check in when you can.

Enjoy your friends and family.........they are precious and time is fleeting, treasure every moment.

So the folks are here til Sunday so I am doing Atkins style for now.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #533
Major LCF Poster!

Ok Stillies....

Here is my first major test in my 5 1/2 months of this journey....while taking my SECOND bite of scrumptious burger/patty...I thought I bit a piece of bone or something hard was in the burger...

It was 1/4 of my back bottom molar. I had a huge filling that was old...the dentist told me almost 6 months ago that she needed to crown my bottom molars...

I found out it would be over 1000 dollars...and since I was experiencing no pain...I thought, "If it ain't broke, why fix it??"

Well...now the night before Thanksgiving...when I'm out of town...it's broke!

I went and bought some Temparin...but some friends told me it's risky to put anything on it because it could cause nerve damage. So, my plan is to drink Atkins shakes and maybe eat scrambled eggs...

They told me to just take med for pain...

I'm not in pain, but I do feel the empty jagged spot with my tongue. If my top and bottom teeth touch, I feel nervy pain.

I"m open to any advice...

No meat! wahhhhhhh I should have let the dentist do crowns...now I'm probably looking at a root canal!

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Old 11-26-2010, 12:04 PM   #534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
OK Peeps! You can have your page back now!!! well, after one more thought...

as much as I think meat is the weigh to go, I may have to keep cheating until Gwn comes back. Yup. Thats my threat, Gwn. Im gonna cheat and cheat so you better check in!! You wouldnt want to be the cause of me gaining all my weight back, now would ya??

Soul sisters! I was thinking the same thing! I'm gonna get ya ya's out today (promise) and be back full force tomorrow.. stuff keeps getting in the way. . Job transfer (temporary). . Thanksgiving. .potatoes ended it all! . . and today . .extremely tired. Left my house at 10:00 last night and got home this morning about 8:00. .It is 2:00 and y boys are all hunting so I have to sit up with the little ones.. . food is not making me feel better either. . why do I keep eating? Cuz its all there. . Errggg I need some Stillman's strength. .quickly. .
Old 11-26-2010, 12:06 PM   #535
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I know!!!!!!! I never had these probs before!! It really is LCF!!! Before I just had issues!!
Your fingers are too weak and skinny from all the losing you're doing!!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:07 PM   #536
Major LCF Poster!

Whoaahhh! Where is everyone? Did we all survive Thanksgiving?

If you indulged...jump back on the Stillman's plan...a few days off won't hurt you too badly!

I just weighed myself for the first time since going out of town...down 2 pounds!

I guess my liquid/soft food diet hasn't hurt me any. I sure do miss my meat though...I want some steak so bad.

I hope to get to the dentist Monday or Tuesday...I don't know what this broken tooth is going to cost me...physically and financially...ugh.

I want to hear how you all are doing...even if you pigged out...if you did, wasn't it good???
Old 11-26-2010, 12:19 PM   #537
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Ok Stillies....

Here is my first major test in my 5 1/2 months of this journey....while taking my SECOND bite of scrumptious burger/patty...I thought I bit a piece of bone or something hard was in the burger...

It was 1/4 of my back bottom molar. I had a huge filling that was old...the dentist told me almost 6 months ago that she needed to crown my bottom molars...

I found out it would be over 1000 dollars...and since I was experiencing no pain...I thought, "If it ain't broke, why fix it??"

Well...now the night before Thanksgiving...when I'm out of town...it's broke!

I went and bought some Temparin...but some friends told me it's risky to put anything on it because it could cause nerve damage. So, my plan is to drink Atkins shakes and maybe eat scrambled eggs...

They told me to just take med for pain...

I'm not in pain, but I do feel the empty jagged spot with my tongue. If my top and bottom teeth touch, I feel nervy pain.

I"m open to any advice...

No meat! wahhhhhhh I should have let the dentist do crowns...now I'm probably looking at a root canal!

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Becky! I've had the exact same issues. .had a filling that was over 20 years old. .crack.. fall out. . I went and got it crowned then the stupid crown fell off. . went and got it fixed again and that fell off too. .Was over a Holiday weekend so I just took pain meds and let it go. . I never did go get it fixed and it hasn't bothered me since; however I do have a hole in my molar. . I wouldn't recommend it but just know that it doesn't last forever. My kids need too much dental work for me to pay for another crown right now so I just make sure I brush and floss carefully. . I am sorry for you.. dental stuff is no fun. .my son just spent 3 hours in the dentist chair for his football related injury! ugg
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #538
Senior LCF Member

Becky123; Sorry to hear about your tooth disaster!!! It will get better... interesting timing wasn't it? But you are down 2 lbs instead of up 2 lbs... like I am at the moment... due to a good appetite at Thanksgiving! Thank God is wasn't 5 lbs! I am back on Stillmans today, and going for the last 10 lbs! You won't need a root canal, that is caused from nerve damage over a long period of time... I believe. Hopefully you have an honest, old fashioned dentist...

CCgirl; I hope you enjoyed getting out that flute! Nothing like good music during the Holidays! The magnisum citrate that dehydrated me very well was oral solution and it generally comes in a glass bottle in the laxative section of the store. I got Safeways brand, lemon flavor because that is all there was. It does have sucrose in it as one of the last ingredients, but I still lost almost 8 lbs in 2 days. The day after my weigh in I gained four lbs back, but that was just water weight. I have 10 more lbs to lose on Stillman before I am personally satisfied with my weight. Thanksgving dinner gave my metabolism a chance to rebound, and made my Mom delighted that I actually ate more than pure protein... : ) It was a relief to my family...

Hey everyone... we can get our bodies better before the first of the year... so hang in there and while the rest of the world is having upheavals, we can go through whatever 2011 brings us, in healthier, happier bodies... now how is that for control?
Old 11-27-2010, 08:45 AM   #539
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi Everyone!!! Hope you all had a great holiday!!

Becky- So sorry about your dental troubles!! WTG! on dropping 2 lbs!

GT- your pics look great! You are so slim!! the first two shots are perfect, and I think its your top in the third that is too big, not your thighs!!! hope you have a safe trip! WTG for prepping and packing food ahead of time!! Good idea for taking pics to really see the progress your making after all that exercise! Kellys got nothing on ya!!

CC- Enjoy your time with the fam! Im so glad you've been tootin away on that flute!!

IM2- We gotta get through this! Im having a t-o-u-g-h time. I have been cheating for a week! It been fun but not worth it. I went from 124 to 135. The weight just piles back on so fast. Sucks.. I dont even want to start today but I have to!!! You with me?

Anything- thanks for the motivation! I agree, we can do this before the new year. Today is the day!! Lets go!!

Itstime- hope youre back on track and dropping pounds! Check in!

Last edited by aleriaaa; 11-27-2010 at 08:47 AM..
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #540
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Being 135 now puts me in a weird clothes category. The smaller stuff makes me look like a stuffed sausage, but the comfy bigger clothes makes me look prego. I have no inbetween clothes....must lose 10 pounds stat! actually 20...

I cant even face a pouch of tuna....how am I gonna do this peeps? ugh...

I think I have to unbutton my pants....thank goodness Im all alone today at work...
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote