Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
No CC she has lost a huuuuge amount of weight---and is teeny!!!! I read she weighs 105lbs!!! And (cos I love a rant!!) she hasn't really lost it off her face----jealous me---I keep losing it off my face---my hips keep holding on for dear life tho!!
well, if you say so...she's still curvy...but she's young.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Yes, the cash is necessary to settle my mom's estate. The quotes here (atlanta) ranged from $900 to $1800!! There is a lot of rust on the underside - she lived at the beach in Florida. I am not going to pay to fix it. It is 2 wheel drive. And I was wrong about the mileage - it is 55, 700

Yes, the Obit is necessary............for my dad - he asked that it be done as they had a lot of friends here.
Does your Dad know the expense of the obit? It seems exhorbitant!

Is there a family member or friend who needs a ride? You could 'sell' it to them for 500 or whatever...even a dollar and they would have a pretty sturdy ride.

It is still really low miles for the year. The only concerns I would have would be is the transmission......they are notorious for high failure.

I have seen what you folks in ATL call rusty......I'm sure it's not that bad. Up here we have to sledgehammer the rotors off of the hubs just to replace brakes.

I need to know the engine size before evaluating..6 or 8 cylinder?
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2010, 05:19 AM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
I cannot get the low carb friends site to load on my computer!! It keeps timing out

I will keep checking in via the cell phone for now - but what a pain. Please excuse any typos.
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:52 AM   #423
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bphotomama3
Stats: 217/215/160
Start Date: April 17, 2011
HELLO Onederland!!!!!!

2lbs gone overnight!!! Weight........198!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!! Kicking 200's in the butt FOREVER!!
Bphotomama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:15 AM   #424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bphotomama3 View Post

woot woot WTG you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
you know... i could never leave you girls for good without telling you. Its really tough to stay away even its its only a few days. It upsets me to not know what happened to some of our old friends. I hope they are all well, but then I worry that something terrible happened to them.

Please, if you feel its time to move on, at least let me know that you are OK!!!! I wont be upset!

just reading back on some old gwn and nermo threads...sigh
Qwn is back, guys! Let the party begin!

I just checked my email and she did check in. . I'll give her the opportunity to check in but all is well and she is in good spirits. . We need to convince her that we need her just as much as she needs us.. so Come out of the Lurking mode and join us! Full report due by Friday!! That the Captain's (Morgan's) orders!

See, I'm risking my job just to sign on and report the great news! I'm sorry I've been MIA the last few days but I've been physically exhausted. . Went to bed at 8:30 last night and still had to drag myself out. . I think I'm fighting not getting the crud. . I felt a tickle on Friday and vitamined up over the weekend. .I feel better now. . .

So, Al. .Again. . TAKE YOUR VITAMINS!

I'll check in tonight. .I'm on my weigh to Losin' this stubborn fat. . I can feel it. . .I love meat!
Old 11-16-2010, 10:28 AM   #426
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Was just reading an article about what big business Weight-Watchers is----read the whole 5 pages of it in the shop--so was not gonna buy the mag--it's a big boring one (in German!)with lots of reading--I like celeb ones with picks--fits my blonde brain better!! The assistant was giving me filthy looks!!----------Anyway a Dr said only 1 in 20 manage to lose weight and a smaller number manage to keep it off----EEK EEK EEK---we have to prove them wrong peeps!!!!! I keep telling myself that I will never be one of the people who put it back on.
Actually I hate reading posts from people who say I've come back and put the weight-and more-back on--it really makes me wanna cry!
I read an article on WW too.. They are starting another one in January. . Looks like they figured that eating meat was better than eating popcorn so they are lowing their point value for the meat and food items that take longer to digest! See . .we are on to something.

I read another article that went on to say that People who are part of a weight loss forum . .like on the Inter-net. . .lose more weight and keep it off longer than their counterparts!!! See. . we know how to do it. . We have the secret. . .
IM2fat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:43 AM   #427
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you for all the hugs, guys.. I think I'm better now.. I also had a super, duper bad case of PMS. . I knew something was up when I opened the refrigerator and a bottle of wine tumbled out on my tile floor and shattered everywhere. .I don't know if I cried because I wasted a bottle of wine or because I had to clean up the mess or because I cut my foot!! Then I laughed because I actually thought about licking the wine off the floor. . . Luckily my wonderful husband cleaned it up and I moved my sobbing but to the couch.. .
Old 11-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I read an article on WW too.. They are starting another one in January. . Looks like they figured that eating meat was better than eating popcorn so they are lowing their point value for the meat and food items that take longer to digest! See . .we are on to something.

I read another article that went on to say that People who are part of a weight loss forum . .like on the Inter-net. . .lose more weight and keep it off longer than their counterparts!!! See. . we know how to do it. . We have the secret. . .
Also I have noticed the Kashi people touting protein in the cereals and Special K with their protein water....also the Ensure folks new muscle milk beverage........maybe in another hundred years we will be mainstream

Quote:
Thank you for all the hugs, guys.. I think I'm better now.. I also had a super, duper bad case of PMS. . I knew something was up when I opened the refrigerator and a bottle of wine tumbled out on my tile floor and shattered everywhere. .I don't know if I cried because I wasted a bottle of wine or because I had to clean up the mess or because I cut my foot!! Then I laughed because I actually thought about licking the wine off the floor. . . Luckily my wonderful husband cleaned it up and I moved my sobbing but to the couch.. .
you poor kid!drink the wine tonight!

GT you must fill us in on the royal wedding!!!!!!!!! I am so excited I'm tempted to send them a card!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Congratulations! doesn't it feel wonderful!! you probably look like a million bucks!!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. NO Wine for me. . No Carbs for Me. . No Cheese for Me. . Let's see.. what does that leave? Meat, Meat and Meat!!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:22 PM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Webb: No LCF on computer. . I'm sorry. I hate when that happens. . almost as bad as being at work and not being able to check in! I hate that part of work. .
Old 11-16-2010, 04:28 PM   #432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Peeps: You are too Quiet. . . OK .. gotta go watch Glee. .. Enjoy and stay out of the fridge. . back away from the cupboard. . drink some tea and relax . .
Old 11-16-2010, 05:54 PM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
I think I could hang with your daughter! I love me some Christmas music!

Quote:
Hi Becky

It is going to be a VERY rainy 2 days here in the southeast as well. I am going to try and catch up on some housework.

My daughter wants to start decorating for Christmas!!! She loves Christmas just like me but I refuse to start Christmas before Thanksgiving (I keep reminding her we need to give THANKS first ) She has been playing Christmas music in her room since the first of October! She keeps a Christmas CD in her car to play whenever she needs a boost.

I bought some meat yesterday as well.....hoping to have hubby grill it but I may have to put it under the broiler instead - 1-2" of rain predicted.
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:55 PM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Oh Bp!!! I'm so excited for you! I got into Onderland in July...it was wonderful! And it just keeps gettin' better and better!!
Old 11-16-2010, 05:57 PM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OK. NO Wine for me. . No Carbs for Me. . No Cheese for Me. . Let's see.. what does that leave? Meat, Meat and Meat!!
I'm with you IM! I had 2 eggs for breaky

a ribeye and some steamed brocolli for lunch

and A leftover sirloin for supper.

I love me meat!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:52 AM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning, Gals!

Enjoying my Lemon/Pepper Tuna with some black coffee! Breakfast of champions. .just thought I'd check in to make myself accountable today. . I keep sabatoging my efforts but NO MORE. . .Out darn fat. .Out..

OK. .gotta get back to work. hope everyone has a great day . .takin my vitamins, too. .
Old 11-17-2010, 09:28 AM   #437
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
IM2- Sorry you're weekend was rough!! I hate it when Im late to give hugs, but here they are!!! I have to start over again too and we'll do this carb detox thing together!!!

So, my little girl turned 4. We went out to lunch, and I ordered two burger patties on a plate. Then, we spent the day at the mall and hung out at the Hello Kitty store!!!! I let her pick out whtever she wanted, and we left with a pretty good sized stuffed Kitty. The big one (as big as her) was $120. I am soooo lucky she didnt pick it!!! Then later that night, I grilled ribeyes, and ate one and a half! and then I served the cake. "Sinfully Chocolate Chip Cake". i had to try it. Then I had to try it again. then I had to cut my own sliver. Then I had to have a whole peice!..... I didnt care. It was the BEST DARN THING I EVER EVER ATE. Oh my. I have a tear in my eye just typing about it....

So now today, Im REALLY disappointed in myself. I must not let it get the best of me and I must get back on meat!

Tracey - welcome back! This is the greatest place to be! Looking forward to you getting to goal once anf for all!!!!

Sharon- Looks like you couldnt resist the chocolate too! We will get right back on track!!! WE WILL!!!

BP- Welcome to onederland!! Theres no stopping you now!!!!

GT- Kelly is so lucky that she still has her cheeks!! When I got down to 113, I looked like Skelator. (He's the bad man from the old He-Man cartoons in case ya didnt know)

CC- You just know waay to much. that is sooo cool.

Becky- You are awesome. Just wanted to point that out. I love that you can add in some brocolli and keep it at that. you are doing soooo well.

and I am so happy that Gwn is back and safe. GWN, I CANT WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR ADVENTURES!!!!!!

Even though Im still high on carbs from that cake, and Im bound to be a crazy miserable witch the next few days, I am so happy and excited for everyone right now!!!!! Lets get skinny peeps!!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:42 AM   #438
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Okay, here is my update... I have been MIA, my mind has not been great due to a total no carb diet for 4 1/2 months. I am getting weak. But I weigh in on Monday to see if I qualify for my breast reduction. If I lose 5 lbs I will be fortunate. I have to lose 10 according to the weight charts. I have done everything peeps. So, I am not going to eat a thing for 5 days, just drink water and take my thyroid helper. I was also told to take magnesium citrate this weekend to "clean myself out". Basically it will dehydrate me is all, so when I weigh I can be a the best advantage. Thank God this is just one time.

BTY: Primary care Dr appt went great! She stated that I had reversed my diabetes and gave me Kudos for the 51 pounds I have lost. She was shocked at how great my blood pressure was too. I clued her in to what I was doing... she had no problem and just encouraged me to not gain it back... which I doubt I will... i am way too healthy and getting "at that age" to stay healthy or else!!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #439
Senior LCF Member

BTY: I am back from nursing my Mom, so I should be back on the boards consistantly. I loved what the research said about the boards helping people!! What we know to be true is true!!
Old 11-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #440
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sensible
Stats: 284/255/150
WOE: QWL
Start Date: October 2010
OK, there are a few things I want to get clear. Is Sugar Free Jello allowed on this diet. The thread that has the QWL diet doesn't mention jello. However I seem to remember it in the original book. Also, I realize there was never FAT FREE cottage cheese back in the late 60's when this book was written, so is FF Cottage Cheese something to be used moderately?

SF Jello has no fat and no carbs. But FF Cottage Cheese has 5 carbs per 1/2 cup. Can I alternate these 5 carbs with something else?

I've been on this diet now since Oct. 29 and I've lost 22 pounds today. I am just looking for alternatives. I started out at 284 (the highest EVER, I was shocked!) and am now down to 262.

Thanks for this site.
Sensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Sugar free jello was originally written into the diet in the 1970's. I believe it was 1/2 cup a day. However, Aspartame or Nutrasweet was not on the market then, and it can cause real problems with weight loss in the long run. I almost bought some the other day and put it back... It will keep your sugar cravings awakened along with messing with your neurology.

Fat Free Cottage Cheese is fine, just keep it to 1/2 a day as it does have carbs and lots of sodium, I have used lowfat successfully as well in the beginning of the diet. It is also the HIGHEST form of protein you can eat... check it out! So when craving a carb, eat your cottage cheese, has been my own strategy. Sans the jello, not worth the chemical imbalance and ongoing craving for sugar.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Sugar free jello was originally written into the diet in the 1970's. I believe it was 1/2 cup a day. However, Aspartame or Nutrasweet was not on the market then, and it can cause real problems with weight loss in the long run. I almost bought some the other day and put it back... It will keep your sugar cravings awakened along with messing with your neurology.

Fat Free Cottage Cheese is fine, just keep it to 1/2 a day as it does have carbs and lots of sodium, I have used lowfat successfully as well in the beginning of the diet. It is also the HIGHEST form of protein you can eat... check it out! So when craving a carb, eat your cottage cheese, has been my own strategy. Sans the jello, not worth the chemical imbalance and ongoing craving for sugar.
True, so true. . It is such a balancing act. . I've read its OK. . I've heard of peeps who have used it and still lost consistently. . I've heard of peeps who have consumed one diet pepsi and their system gets thrown out of whack. . I guess you have to consider several things;

1. How well you can tolerate "artificial sweetner"
2. If it kicks off cravings or if 1/2 cup will satisfy you. .
3. If you have thyroid issues (I believe it does mess it up, in my case, especially).
4. If it is going to keep you from "cheating" or eating anything else you shouldn't. . it may be worth the trade off. .

I don't know some days. . there is so much research and so many conflicting ideas. . I think the real answer is to find what works for you. If you can add a little jello and still lose. . Go for it. . If not. .cut it out. .

I've studied a lot of diets (and tried most of them). . in fact, I just found one that says eat carbs. . lose weight. . I threw it out! No Way. . .Meat feels too great. .

Seriously. . though. I like the idea of protein and veggies. . that is going to be my ultimate goal and once I reach goal, I want to add a few fruits.. I really love the sweetness of fresh fruit and berries. . I think the more natural the item. . the better~! My opinion only, of course! For now, I shall eat meat. . meat. . meat. .

((( pay no mind to the lady behind the curtain. . she loves to argue with herself! ))))
Old 11-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #443
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
BTY: I am back from nursing my Mom, so I should be back on the boards consistantly. I loved what the research said about the boards helping people!! What we know to be true is true!!
Goody!!!. . I love when we can all lose together.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:50 PM   #444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al!

I hate carb withdrawal. I had to start over this morning, too. .No more do-overs. . I 'm done with this BS. .wink wink. .
Old 11-17-2010, 06:02 PM   #445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi all ! sounds like we are all okay, sans the evil chocolate cake episode.........WTH it's her b-day so glad you had a great day, Al. These are magical times with your bebe and you will be blown away at how fast it goes by....do treasure every moment.

Shar pls get back to me on the Jeep I so want to help if I can.

Sooooo excited for Kate and Will....

OK Criminal Minds is on so I go now to watch disturbing cop shows
Old 11-17-2010, 06:11 PM   #446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ATWD and IM, your advice on the cottage cheese, jello and sweeteners is spot on BTW.

Remember folks, YMMV on anything.....it's a journey that develops gradually with knowledge and support....we didn't get here overnight, and we won't leave here overnight either.

My mom always tell me, 'Be good to yourself.'

That means a lot of different things in a lot of different ways.

today it's size 30 Guess jeans falling off of me and new peep toe pumps.

And realizing that twenty years ago when I was this size and all I saw was an elephant in the mirror............sometimes you really do have to hit bottom to see over the top. And love what you look like. For now, at the very least.

Last edited by CCGirl; 11-17-2010 at 06:12 PM..
Old 11-18-2010, 07:22 AM   #447
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi pee[s! Am having keyboard troubles-again!! So ignore the typos!! I did read your posts yesterday but/and I know it sounds so bad/but it,s too tiring to type like this!!! Sorry!! You know I love you guys, really!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:25 AM   #448
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I cannot get the low carb friends site to load on my computer!! It keeps timing out

I will keep checking in via the cell phone for now - but what a pain. Please excuse any typos.
Does that to me too!!! Every morning at 10-my coffee break-it won't let me in-keeps saying the site must be busy!!! But at that time is it not still bed-time in the U.S.!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 07:27 AM   #449
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Old 11-18-2010, 07:28 AM   #450
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Qwn is back, guys! Let the party begin!
Great!!!! Check in with us soon Gwn!!!