Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
[quote=Getting there!!!;14084988]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
I googled--like the good obedient girl I am!! Wow some are realistic!! Now I like the Wind Dancers and Pony Gals, ooh and the Pink Ribbon Stablemate!!!!!!! Kinda like My Little Pony---I loved them!! My fav was a blue one with pink hair!!!
Hahaha but NOT fattening!!
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Anyway a Dr said only 1 in 20 manage to lose weight and a smaller number manage to keep it off----EEK EEK EEK---we have to prove them wrong peeps!!!!! I keep telling myself that I will never be one of the people who put it back on.
Actually I hate reading posts from people who say I've come back and put the weight-and more-back on--it really makes me wanna cry!
I can't tell you how many times that has been ME!

But now that I have found Stillman's I feel that FINALLY I can do this and I have a GREAT tool to keep the weight from piling back on!!
Old 11-14-2010, 01:02 PM   #393
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
I'm back!!! Hopefully lighter!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #394
Big Yapper!!!!

[quote=swebb;14085156]
Quote:

Hahaha but NOT fattening!!
I don't get it!!!!!!!! Ok I'm prob being blonde again!! My Little Ponies are toys-bright plastic rubbery horses!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 01:10 PM   #395
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I can't tell you how many times that has been ME!

But now that I have found Stillman's I feel that FINALLY I can do this and I have a GREAT tool to keep the weight from piling back on!!
Oh sorry! Didn't mean to put my foot in it!!
I only ever did one "diet"--as a teenager....lasted a very long time....and didn't end well......
Old 11-14-2010, 02:35 PM   #396
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
I love My Little Ponies!!! and luckily my daughter is at the right age to love them too!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #397
Blabbermouth!!!

I want to sell all my kidstuff on ebay....but I bet it would take forever....would be nice to make enough to go to Disney. yes. I. have. that. much. stuff.

hence the reason hubbys ready to throw me and the all the stuff out!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 02:44 PM   #398
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I only ever did one "diet"--as a teenager....lasted a very long time....and didn't end well......
Ive been a yoyo'er....this is the longest its ever stayed off!!! I think a lot of it has to do with the pregnancys. It was my excuse to eat anything and everything I wanted! I think its time for me to have another one. hmmmmm
Old 11-14-2010, 02:45 PM   #399
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm back!!! Hopefully lighter!!!
Im sure you are!

i still dont know how you do it...
Old 11-14-2010, 06:56 PM   #400
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
There is no reason to be sorry! That article was MY history (along with millions of others) It IS a big business and they LOVE repeat customers! BUT not me ever again! Stillman's is the last "diet" for me. LCLF will become my way of life and if I stray from time to time I have a great tool for getting back to where I need to be
Old 11-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
I'm logging in tonight just to tell you guys.. I appreciate you.. OMG> .you cannot imagine ..it feels so ucky to have a terrible weekend but it is so comforting to know my LCF are there for me. .I decided to have a very self-destructive weekend.. It is funny to see how "not logging in " has a direct impact on how well I do. . Lets just say.. I've had some obstacles to overcome this weekend and did not choose to weather them very well.. I'll fill you in more later (when I've had time to come to terms with stuff monday morning). . . I'm just anxious and mad and upset and more mad.. GGGrrrrrreee.. I sure wish all you guys were close enough for real huggs. . sometimes the virtual ones don't quite cut it!!

Whew . . feel better. . I shall sleep on it and be back in my losing mode in the morning.. I hate bloat, fat and carbs!!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 11-14-2010 at 07:40 PM..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:45 AM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracyann71
Stats: 166/102/99
WOE: vlc
Can I join???

Hello, Haven't been here in ages. I hope you wont mind me joining? I need to be accountable and find a friendly group of unjudgemental low carbers. I have been a member for some time and check in occasionally on the different boards. Stilmans has worked for me before as well as vlc. I have had my issues with food for so long and have gone from one extreme to the other. Lately after being through a rough patch I have noticed that bad habits have been resurfacing and I need to take a stand before I am totally out of control and miserable. I feel the pinch on my clothes and I know I have to come clean with myself and admit that I have once again turned to food to avoid facing the real issues:blush: I have been down this road before and I know the outcome if I ignore the warning lights. I am starting strict stilmans today!!
tracyann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:52 AM   #403
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I love My Little Ponies!!! and luckily my daughter is at the right age to love them too!
Yeah I wish I had kids so I could play with all those things again!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 01:56 AM   #404
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Ive been a yoyo'er....this is the longest its ever stayed off!!! I think a lot of it has to do with the pregnancys. It was my excuse to eat anything and everything I wanted! I think its time for me to have another one. hmmmmm
Deffy!!!!!!! Mite have to join ya----I mean pregnant ladies NEED chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah I wasn't a yoyoer---just got bigger and bigger!!...oh it's not funny!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 01:59 AM   #405
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Im sure you are!

i still dont know how you do it...
Either do I---hate it!!! I'm naturally lazy!! So not sporty!! I think I had TOM at least 3 times a month in school just to get out of P.E.!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 02:11 AM   #406
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
There is no reason to be sorry! That article was MY history (along with millions of others) It IS a big business and they LOVE repeat customers! BUT not me ever again! Stillman's is the last "diet" for me. LCLF will become my way of life and if I stray from time to time I have a great tool for getting back to where I need to be
Yeah I couldn't agree more-LC is the way to go--and def LCF. They said that in the article too, that it was as much the support as anything else that helped people lose weight.
The only thing I would really have against WW ---(I mean I know we all think LC is the best but I suppose the best is whatever works for you-long-term)---is that boy does it promote ready-meals etc. I know that that's the way they really make their money--but does it really teach people how to eat healthier-I mean for real heart health etc.?? Dunno!!
I remember when we were in college a meeting for students was set up, and I was gonna go---I so didn't need it then (oh the irony!!)--anyway I went along and we all got weighed---and I was too light!!!! The leader one just looked at me!! Before LC I longed for a long-time that that would be true again!! Still do!!!
The article said that too-that they weren't interested in the ideal "Hollywood" figure, just a healthy normal weight--so I suppose that's good!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 11-15-2010, 03:41 AM   #407
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I'm logging in tonight just to tell you guys.. I appreciate you.. OMG> .you cannot imagine ..it feels so ucky to have a terrible weekend but it is so comforting to know my LCF are there for me. .I decided to have a very self-destructive weekend.. It is funny to see how "not logging in " has a direct impact on how well I do. . Lets just say.. I've had some obstacles to overcome this weekend and did not choose to weather them very well.. I'll fill you in more later (when I've had time to come to terms with stuff monday morning). . . I'm just anxious and mad and upset and more mad.. GGGrrrrrreee.. I sure wish all you guys were close enough for real huggs. . sometimes the virtual ones don't quite cut it!!

Whew . . feel better. . I shall sleep on it and be back in my losing mode in the morning.. I hate bloat, fat and carbs!!!
Oh Im2--I wish you were close enough for hugs too-here are some virtual ones anyway
I'm really sorry you had a horrible weekend-if it's just the food choices you made, chalk it down to experience and move on with lots of meat today--oh and ignore the scale. That's an order!!! We all make bad choices but the success is to forget about it!! What's done is done!
I'm not good with words and I'm sorry cos you always know the right thing to say to us....so here's more hugs!!
Old 11-15-2010, 03:42 AM   #408
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyann71 View Post
Hello, Haven't been here in ages. I hope you wont mind me joining? I need to be accountable and find a friendly group of unjudgemental low carbers. I have been a member for some time and check in occasionally on the different boards. Stilmans has worked for me before as well as vlc. I have had my issues with food for so long and have gone from one extreme to the other. Lately after being through a rough patch I have noticed that bad habits have been resurfacing and I need to take a stand before I am totally out of control and miserable. I feel the pinch on my clothes and I know I have to come clean with myself and admit that I have once again turned to food to avoid facing the real issues:blush: I have been down this road before and I know the outcome if I ignore the warning lights. I am starting strict stilmans today!!
Tracyann! I think you will find us an very encouraging group Although we are not above a "kick in the pants" when needed

Feel free to post your successes and struggles. If you feel the need to vent instead of eat..........vent away.

Your goal weight is pretty low....how tall are you? I started last March in the 250's (I am 5' 1") and have lost 60 pounds so far....my goal is 135 (well I would LOVE 125 but we'll see as I get closer). I have my good days and bad but I have to say that Stillman's really works for me.

Wishing you all the best in your journey.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:43 AM   #409
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Tracey!! Welcome back!! You know how QWL works so you'll be fine!!
Old 11-15-2010, 03:47 AM   #410
Senior LCF Member

Last night my daughter invited us to he place for dinner (she just moved in). She had fondue - GREAT! meat meat and more meat............oh no! She had chocolate fondue for dessert!!! and yes, I did have some with some fruit.......sigh........does it count as healthy if it was DARK chocolate???

OK.....today is the start of a new week. NO MORE "off plan" meals!!! It is Turkey, Tuna and Chicken (with an occasional steak thrown in) for the next 2 weeks - gotta get back in control!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 03:55 AM   #411
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow Tracey--I've just seen your goal weight--it is low!!! But then so is your actual weight----sighing here!!!!!!
God I'd love to see below 100--bet my scale would probably blow up!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 03:57 AM   #412
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Last night my daughter invited us to he place for dinner (she just moved in). She had fondue - GREAT! meat meat and more meat............oh no! She had chocolate fondue for dessert!!! and yes, I did have some with some fruit.......sigh........does it count as healthy if it was DARK chocolate???

OK.....today is the start of a new week. NO MORE "off plan" meals!!! It is Turkey, Tuna and Chicken (with an occasional steak thrown in) for the next 2 weeks - gotta get back in control!!!
OOooohhhh!!! Chocolate fondue!!! I would have been lickin everything!!!!!!
And fruit----healthy!!!! Dark Chocolate----def healthy!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 04:20 AM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 199/192/160 5'5.5"
Start Date: :::again::: December 26, 2013
Welcome tracyann! I'm glad you are here and I look forward to reading your stuff!!

IM, we are here for you! The main reason we are here is because we have similar struggles...I think a derailment every now and then is not the end of the world...it's how long you stay derailed that can be a problem...it sounds like you are back on track and who knows, every now and then a shake up can be good!

It's a very rainy Monday here...I went to Sam's Friday and bought 8 steaks and some cheaper cut meat...my hubby's gonna have to get out in that rain and grill 'em for me! I have no meat until he can!

Love to all my Stilly Sisters! (And a brother or two if there are any thinking about joining!)

Quote:
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:29 AM   #414
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
It's a very rainy Monday here...I went to Sam's Friday and bought 8 steaks and some cheaper cut meat...my hubby's gonna have to get out in that rain and grill 'em for me! I have no meat until he can!
Hi Becky

It is going to be a VERY rainy 2 days here in the southeast as well. I am going to try and catch up on some housework.

My daughter wants to start decorating for Christmas!!! She loves Christmas just like me but I refuse to start Christmas before Thanksgiving (I keep reminding her we need to give THANKS first ) She has been playing Christmas music in her room since the first of October! She keeps a Christmas CD in her car to play whenever she needs a boost.

I bought some meat yesterday as well.....hoping to have hubby grill it but I may have to put it under the broiler instead - 1-2" of rain predicted.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:40 AM   #415
Senior LCF Member

SERIOUSLY???!!!

Why Cheese is Like "Dairy Crack": Because It's Got Morphine In It

Why Cheese is Like "Dairy Crack": Because It's Got Morphine In It. Last week, I visited a cheese restaurant, where every dish is based around cheese. Before leaving the house, though, I snaffled a slice of brie from the fridge. Is this because a.) I'm a fatty, or b.) cheese is addictive?

If you chose both answers, you're right. Turns out that researchers have known since the 1980s that cheese actually contains small amounts of morphine—yes, the very same drug given in hospitals as a hardcore pain relief. It's not added by evil dairy farmers intent on securing their financial futures though, as is actually found naturally in both cow and human milk—which might explain a lot to new mothers who are having trouble shaking off their offspring.

Not only that, but milk also contains the protein casein, which provokes similar effects to opiates when it's turned into cheese, due to the casomorphins being greater concentrated. It's been previously described as "dairy crack" by the managing director of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, Neal Barnard, who claims that they "reach their peak about 40 minutes after eating." That might go some way to explaining those wild dreams following a late-night cheese quaffing session.

Those addicted to sausages and chocolate might also find their soft spot for cheese familiar too—this is due to the phenylethylamine chemical which is an amphetamine used in diet pills to simulate the happy feelings you normally get from eating a bar of the brown stuff. Now you know all of this, will it stop you from eating cheese so much? Will it heck... [Care2]

Questions??? Send an email to Kat Hannaford, the author of this post, at khannaford@gizmodo.com.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:24 AM   #416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Sorry so long to catch up, but I was out all weekend!

Quote:
Ok peeps!! it is exactly 6 weeks to Christmas!! Eek eek!!! But we have to get our behinds into gear!! Well me anyway!! We can do this!! We can drop some serious pounds and inches!!! We have to look good in our LBDs or in my case my LPD!! Ok there has to be no more cheats (says she who's just eaten a huge apple!!) and there has to be exercise every day!! No excuses!! We have to do this!!
I was looking at a magazine today with more picks of Kelly Osbourne-I swear I have serious envy every time I look at her!! She had a gorgeous dress on with a sparkly bustier top and skirt with a big bow in the front (I love bows!) and her hips and waist were just teeny tiny!! I'm sooo jealous!!
I want to be thin soooo badly peeps, it kills me!!!! I have to remember that every time I wanna put something non-meaty into my mouth!!!
I know the feeling.........wanting to b thin and staying on plan!
KO must be thinner than the past cos a quick Google image search brings up a little chubette......

Quote:
CC - This is a question for you. I need to sell my mom's 2001 Jeep Cherokee - it need new brakes and brake lines (undriveable right now) due to rust. Has some body rust as this car was in Florida near the beach. The interior is great. The engine runs great. Low mileage (38,000 - I think).

Is there a market for something like this? Where? EBay??Someone would have to put it on a trailer to get it home.

Thanks

Sorry group for the interruption.
Shar, do you need the cash? It would be a great second ride, it only needs about three or four hundred bux of work done. The motor is barely broken in!
Is it a four wheel drive? 4 or six cylinder engine?
I would start with craigslist........it's free! Ebay is a pain selling big ticket items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Hi All,
just checkin in. I actually did see the 160's this week. But due to the fact that it is my birthday week it was a food minefield. So I'm just not gonna look at the scale for a while, till I lose this birthday fat. I had alot of pumpkin cheesecake.

CC,
There is a diet that supposedly is for eating for your bloodtype. I'm no expert on it. Someone just had a book and I looked up my bloodtype, which said meat was more for my type. My friend who is supposedly suppose to eat more vegetarian, tries to do that and she really struggles. So I just wonder. Probably just another gimic. It's interesting though.
ugh, vegetarian.....that's how I got to 200 in the first place, no wonder she struggles.......save her if you can........if she looked at her carb counts she'd freak out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bphotomama3 View Post
Got on the scale this morning and I am at exactly 200!!! 10lbs GONE since doing this diet! YAY!

Oh and I am happy to report there is NO MORE HALLOWEEN CANDY left in this house!!! Bring on the next 10lbs gone!!!
go you!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Knock.Knock. Can I still get in to the cave girl club?
heck, you're one of the founders!!!!!!

Quote:
I hear ya! Im trying real hard to be more accepting of myself these days... so tired of diets. Meat is currently just the way i eat. People can like it or not.
o girl I am SO there!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Yeah I've just started saying it to everyone! I don't care any more!! I used to be embarrassed bringing tuna and eggs with me to work, or asking for something in restaurants!!Now I don't care!! I like the way only eating meat makes me look so

Quote:
you know... i could never leave you girls for good without telling you. Its really tough to stay away even its its only a few days. It upsets me to not know what happened to some of our old friends. I hope they are all well, but then I worry that something terrible happened to them.

Please, if you feel its time to move on, at least let me know that you are OK!!!! I wont be upset!

just reading back on some old gwn and nermo threads...sigh
miss them too!!

Quote:
If any of you or your kids collect Breyer Horses - I just listed a 25th Anniversary Secretariat on EBay

Have you seen the movie?? It's great (even if I did see it sans popcorn )

My seller ID is ssw99a

The money is going towards putting my mom's obit in the local paper ($585!!)

Thanks for letting me interrupt

Back to smelling roasting turkey.............ahhhhhhhhhh
Shar, is the obit really necessary? That's a lotta tuna........

Quote:
welcome back girl!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:28 AM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Cheese is Like "Dairy Crack": Because It's Got Morphine In It.

o sorry you all did not know this....this is one of the huge selling points to get people on the vegan bandwagon.....

http://www.hcgfatloss.com/skinny-***...y-disaster.htm
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:30 AM   #418
Big Yapper!!!!

Wet ,miserable, dark and cold here too-50F---and yesterday it was 68F and sunny---what gives????
I love Christmas too---but I think it's way too early for decorating!!!!
Oh yeah--and choc is def like a drug to me--I have to stay away!!!!!!!! I never particularly liked cheese-I can take it or leave it!!
Old 11-15-2010, 06:36 AM   #419
Big Yapper!!!!

No CC she has lost a huuuuge amount of weight---and is teeny!!!! I read she weighs 105lbs!!! And (cos I love a rant!!) she hasn't really lost it off her face----jealous me---I keep losing it off my face---my hips keep holding on for dear life tho!!
Old 11-15-2010, 07:09 AM   #420
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Shar, do you need the cash? It would be a great second ride, it only needs about three or four hundred bux of work done. The motor is barely broken in!
Is it a four wheel drive? 4 or six cylinder engine?
I would start with craigslist........it's free! Ebay is a pain selling big ticket items.

Shar, is the obit really necessary? That's a lotta tuna........
Yes, the cash is necessary to settle my mom's estate. The quotes here (atlanta) ranged from $900 to $1800!! There is a lot of rust on the underside - she lived at the beach in Florida. I am not going to pay to fix it. It is 2 wheel drive. And I was wrong about the mileage - it is 55, 700

Yes, the Obit is necessary............for my dad - he asked that it be done as they had a lot of friends here.

Last edited by swebb; 11-15-2010 at 07:13 AM..