Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 08:03 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/164/160 5'5"
Stillman's Scaring the Weight off for October!

Hey everyone! I hope you don't mind IM, I'm starting the new thread...

What a wonderful time of year...it's cooling down...leaves are starting to turn...just a fresh feeling in the air! Yay!

AL! You're stats are great!! My weight loss is one pound at a time...it's so cool when folks drop more than that with one whop!

I ate a little more than usual last night...I had a small ceasar salad (no croutons, of course) and a 20oz sirloin...with FIVE grilled jumbo shrimp...AND a double order of very yummy brocolli...it must have been cooked in butter it was so delicious!!

i really expected a gain this morning...but there was a little loss...not a whole pound, but a few ounces...

I wonder sometimes if I'm not getting enough calories...or maybe my body just needed to be shaken up a bit...I dunno...

But I feel great this morning!!

IM, if you want to start a new thread, we can let this one die. I know you are good at putting good newbie info stuff at the beginning...I'm just excited about a new month...
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2010, 09:36 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Oh, goody- I've been waiting for a new month to start so I could jump in! I've been doing the Quick Weight Loss Diet for 3 days now, and I'm ready to post my triumphs and tribulations. Normally I'm an Atkins girl, but I totally fell off the wagon all during August and gained back 20 (!) lbs of the 30 I'd lost last year. I got back to eating LC, but the weight has been coming off sooooo slowly and I wanted a boost- I figured Stillman's might be the answer.
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Hi emky!!
I'm so glad you are here! I look forward to hearing about your experiences on QWL. I have never followed a plan and been so happy with the results! And that includes plans I have paid thousands of dollars for...

I am not at all weary with Stillman's...I am so happy to have been "set free" from evil carbs!

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
Oh, goody- I've been waiting for a new month to start so I could jump in! I've been doing the Quick Weight Loss Diet for 3 days now, and I'm ready to post my triumphs and tribulations. Normally I'm an Atkins girl, but I totally fell off the wagon all during August and gained back 20 (!) lbs of the 30 I'd lost last year. I got back to eating LC, but the weight has been coming off sooooo slowly and I wanted a boost- I figured Stillman's might be the answer.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Thanks Becky for starting a new thread. Great name!

I've been feeling a bit under the weather lately and can't seem to shake what ails me. . .My back is still killing and now its moved to my leggs and hips. . I sure hope it isn't a vitamin deficiency of some sort. . trying to baby it until I feel better. .I am sure my lack of exercise plays a big part so as soon as I feel better, I plan to step it up. .

Still sticking with plan for the most part. Had a miner setback last night but I won't let that stop me. . I just feel plain old and worn out . . Here's hoping for a better month!

Last edited by IM2fat; 10-02-2010 at 09:49 AM..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

By the way, discovered Tyson fully cooked breast filets at the grocery store yesterday. .They are normally 9.99 per bag on sale for 5.99 and I had a 2.00 coupon. I bought 3 bags and found out they are Great! Would really be wonderful for a grab and go meal. .just thought I'd throw that out there. They are by all the chicken nuggets and appetisers. .
Old 10-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Today is Oct 2. I'm not coughing that much and I finish my last antibiotic pill. Here's hoping for a much better Sunday along with better weather! It's windy, gray sky and drizzling a little bit. It's a good day to snuggle on the sofa and veg out!

-Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Prayers needed please

My mom is in the hospital (ICU) Doctors are running tests and CAT scans trying to figure out what is wrong

I am so far away - trying to rearrange my schedule so I can go visit and support my dad.
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
swebb; My prayers will be with you and your family at this time. It is hard being far away, but I know that you will find a way to get there. Both your Mom and Dad would love you close at this time.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
emky! You have joined the BEST group Look forward to hearing about your successes.........and your struggles
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

IM: Try taking pycnogenol for you aches. My Mom tried it on arthritic knees and worked after the second pill. Costco sells it so you don't need to go the health food strore to get it. Its just Marine Pine Bark from France.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

I bought a new scale today, having left the other at my Moms. It is a Weight Watchers scale and I got it for 17 bucks at Ross! Steal of a deal. But the best part is, I lost 4 lbs since I last weighed, I think it was yesterday morning. But it was on a Taylor Scale. I am hoping this new scale is right on. WW scale states it is within an ounce.

I have 26 more pounds before I can put in my request for a breast reduction. I want it done in December. I have learned a lot while on Stillman. I started having to lose 60 lbs.

1.My yeast infection left
2. Exercise does make a difference in one's life.
3. I can live no to low carb.
4. Drinking water can be a pleasure.
5. Sticking with a plan that is right for you results in ... results!!

After I get my breast reduction, then I will post a pic.
I was going to add in veggies, but I am so close to goal, I am going to continue straight Stillman! Let's hope for a final victory by the end of Oct.!
Old 10-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

IM: Are you taking a multi? That is on Stillmans main plan.... ?
Old 10-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Can someone come to my house and seriously kick me into shape?! I don't know whats wrong? I've been doing everything right! Except for that one cheat day a few days ago..but literally been so perfect. I've been drinking all of my water...dieting..working out...how can't the scale move?!
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:14 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

I hope your mom is okay, swebb. Thanks for the welcome all!

I have a question: has anyone found the LF cottage cheese to be a staller? I just feel so darn bad eating it when it's relatively high in carbs and I don't feel like I've lost any weight yet. Also, I'm not in ketosis, according to my usually-reliable strips. Boo!

I know for a fact I should up my intake of lean protein and ditch eggs for a while. I really think I could do that for a week without going crazy- I have some AWESOME motivation going for me right now!

Confession: I'm scared to get on the scale to see if I've lost or gained at all. I used to be a daily weigher, but ever since I gained that 20lbs back I've been depressed as hell every time I see the number. It really was crazy for me- I had just gotten to my goal weight and within a week I blew it. It's crazy how fast my body changed back to it's old chubby self- but I'm not used to it anymore. I'm still surprised to wake up and not find the slim me. *Sigh*

Last edited by emky; 10-03-2010 at 01:21 AM..
Old 10-03-2010, 06:47 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks IM, I think it was CCGirl who suggested the name...

I hope you are feeling better. Have you ever been to a chiropractor? I've had back and hip pain...going in for an adjustment helps me a lot.
I'm with you on the lack of exercise...I need to step it up and move too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Thanks Becky for starting a new thread. Great name!

I've been feeling a bit under the weather lately and can't seem to shake what ails me. . .My back is still killing and now its moved to my leggs and hips. . I sure hope it isn't a vitamin deficiency of some sort. . trying to baby it until I feel better. .I am sure my lack of exercise plays a big part so as soon as I feel better, I plan to step it up. .

Still sticking with plan for the most part. Had a miner setback last night but I won't let that stop me. . I just feel plain old and worn out . . Here's hoping for a better month!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:48 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

I will definitely check out the Tyson. I like having chicken on hand that I can just pop in the microwave for a quick protein fix.

Quote:
By the way, discovered Tyson fully cooked breast filets at the grocery store yesterday. .They are normally 9.99 per bag on sale for 5.99 and I had a 2.00 coupon. I bought 3 bags and found out they are Great! Would really be wonderful for a grab and go meal. .just thought I'd throw that out there. They are by all the chicken nuggets and appetisers. .
Old 10-03-2010, 07:00 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Swebb, I hope your mom is doing better and I hope you are able to get there to be with her and your dad.

Dustin, how are you feeling now that it's Sunday?? I hope you've fought off that nasty sickness!

Anything, I've never heard of pycnogenol...I will keep that in my brain for future reference. Also, what a great list of outcomes you have experienced on Stillman's! That is great to see them in black and white...that encourages me! You have been doing so good!

SP, I'm sure the scale will move for you soon...I've been hooked on hard boiled eggs this week and the scale has moved ...I don't know if that's due to eggs or what...but maybe some type of change will shake things up for you?

emky, when I first started Stillman's I ate LF cottage cheese and lost very well...msgirl says she lost well with it too... Weight loss can be such a mystery! I am a daily weigher too...I don't see too many fluctuations up more than a pound...but I do dance around the same two pounds often. I try not to let it get to me...just keep truckin' on.

I'm not sure about this...but when I was eating hamburger patties (like two for lunch and two for supper) I seemed to stall...but I'm not sure if that was the patties or if my body was just taking a break.

I'm on my hard boiled egg kick and that seems to have really gotten the scale moving again...Last night I boiled some and the yolks were so fluffy, bright yellow...they were warm from just bein boiled...I felt like I was eating such a delicacy! (Boy has my perception of delicacy foods changed ! haha)

I'm still very diligent about my CO, my vitamins...feeling really good right now...I'm enjoying the mountain top feeling for ever how long it lasts! : ) Today finishes my fourth month on STillman's. It's hard for me to believe I've lasted this long with no signs of stopping...

Hope you all have a great Sunday!
Old 10-03-2010, 07:19 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone!

Swebb: I hope your mother will get better soon. Spend time with your father and give him your support!

Becky: Feeling much better. I'm at work today (making up for missing days) and I'm doing light physical labor. Coughing is much better. It will take time to get this out of my system!

Today is day #1. I'm starting the clock today. It is Sunday! First day of the week. I will be doing some light labor and moving around a bit so that should kinda of help to kick start things. I had my 2nd jug of water (16 oz jug) and finished a can of tuna mixed with mustard.

I have one question. How long does shrimp last in the fridge after it is thawed out?

Wishing everyone a great day!
Dustin
Old 10-03-2010, 08:31 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Going to a birthday party today...with lots of food food food..and of course cake and dessert...

However, as silly as this may be, I am thinking of packing my own lunch and snacks!! Don't care what anyone else says!! (Besides there just family)
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:52 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Squishy; Pack your favorite Stillman foods for your party! YES, I did stall while on cottage cheese. I haven't had any in the past month, and am doing fine. CC also has a bunch of salt in it and that can cause stalls too. During Stillmans lifetime, they didn't put growth hormones in dairy to fatten them up (and then it also fattens us up, really!) , now they do, and this can cause a stall unless it does not contain RSBT. So, if anything, you'd have to go organic on the CC and look for no RSBT which is a very tiny label since the dairy industry forced them to almost go "incognito" on this.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:53 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Squishy; Consider yourself kicked in the butt as requested! LOL
Old 10-03-2010, 10:44 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Go Peeps, go! Back is still very stiff. .I finally got a few muscle relaxers today so I'm gonna load up and rest up. . I want to be back to myself now!!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:46 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dustin. .knock day one off. . I'll do it with you. . here we go. .
Old 10-03-2010, 10:46 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Squish. .nothing wrong with packing your own stuff. in fact, it's great! do it and you'll feel better and less deprived!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:49 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
YES, I did stall while on cottage cheese. I haven't had any in the past month, and am doing fine. CC also has a bunch of salt in it and that can cause stalls too. During Stillmans lifetime, they didn't put growth hormones in dairy to fatten them up (and then it also fattens us up, really!) , now they do, and this can cause a stall unless it does not contain RSBT. So, if anything, you'd have to go organic on the CC and look for no RSBT which is a very tiny label since the dairy industry forced them to almost go "incognito" on this.
Thank you! And Becky too. I went ahead and weighed myself today- the scale has not changed. BUT, the good news is that after 2 months of no-ketosis my stick finally registered a light pink today!! Yay!

I'm going to cut wayyyy back on the CC and only use it as a last resort. I was thinking of doing more hamburger, but with Becky's comment re:stalling, I think I'll go with chicken. It's so blah, but I want this weight off dammit!

Thank God I love eggs, too.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:18 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Hi Im!

I am doing pretty good. I'm still sweating a bit. I have been hauling stuff out to the trash and hauling electronics to be recycled. I have slight cramps in my muscles that I haven't used in a while so I took a midol. Still hanging in here.

I have been thinking a lot. One of the Japanese manager came in to do some work and I was thinking that I can lose all of this weight and become a better person than him. I feel somewhat sorry for the Japanese. Many of them don't look like they are in good health and most of them smoke like chimneys. Talk about a nicotine addict! Then I realized that I am the same way, I use food because I'm addicted to food. I want to eat because I'm bored or stressed out.

Just imagine myself.... in better health, better quality of life because I am learning and I allow myself to think "outside of the box" and open my mind. The Japanese culture is very close minded and I only have met one Japanese who is very healthy and does not smoke in during the years I have worked here.

Another thing I always wanted to do is start my own small business. I also have been thinking that when I get more energy and I start feeling better, then my business will improve.... because of my positive thinking and better confidence.

What do you think?!?! Today is Day #1 and I feel ready now!

-Dustin
Old 10-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hey everyone! I hope you don't mind IM, I'm starting the new thread...

What a wonderful time of year...it's cooling down...leaves are starting to turn...just a fresh feeling in the air! Yay!

AL! You're stats are great!! My weight loss is one pound at a time...it's so cool when folks drop more than that with one whop!

I ate a little more than usual last night...I had a small ceasar salad (no croutons, of course) and a 20oz sirloin...with FIVE grilled jumbo shrimp...AND a double order of very yummy brocolli...it must have been cooked in butter it was so delicious!!

i really expected a gain this morning...but there was a little loss...not a whole pound, but a few ounces...

I wonder sometimes if I'm not getting enough calories...or maybe my body just needed to be shaken up a bit...I dunno...

But I feel great this morning!!

IM, if you want to start a new thread, we can let this one die. I know you are good at putting good newbie info stuff at the beginning...I'm just excited about a new month...
OMG i want that dinner!!!!!!

Quote:
Em, I am so with you-Atkins was gr8 at first but then it was stall city. I don't think the fat gets losses unless you have literally a ton of weight to lose. and

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Today is Oct 2. I'm not coughing that much and I finish my last antibiotic pill. Here's hoping for a much better Sunday along with better weather! It's windy, gray sky and drizzling a little bit. It's a good day to snuggle on the sofa and veg out!
-Dustin
get better, you! Snuggle some chicken broth, the warmth will do ya good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Prayers needed please

My mom is in the hospital (ICU) Doctors are running tests and CAT scans trying to figure out what is wrong

I am so far away - trying to rearrange my schedule so I can go visit and support my dad.
Update and wTH happened? Lighting blue healing candles now......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
I bought a new scale today, having left the other at my Moms. It is a Weight Watchers scale and I got it for 17 bucks at Ross! Steal of a deal. But the best part is, I lost 4 lbs since I last weighed, I think it was yesterday morning. But it was on a Taylor Scale. I am hoping this new scale is right on. WW scale states it is within an ounce.

I have 26 more pounds before I can put in my request for a breast reduction. I want it done in December. I have learned a lot while on Stillman. I started having to lose 60 lbs.

1.My yeast infection left
2. Exercise does make a difference in one's life.
3. I can live no to low carb.
4. Drinking water can be a pleasure.
5. Sticking with a plan that is right for you results in ... results!!

After I get my breast reduction, then I will post a pic.
I was going to add in veggies, but I am so close to goal, I am going to continue straight Stillman! Let's hope for a final victory by the end of Oct.!
can I get an amen here please....26 to go that's huge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
Can someone come to my house and seriously kick me into shape?! I don't know whats wrong? I've been doing everything right! Except for that one cheat day a few days ago..but literally been so perfect. I've been drinking all of my water...dieting..working out...how can't the scale move?!
we have the same scale......keep pounding the water...are things moving? magnesium if not-news flash-magnesium is a cancer preventer, it was on the news last night.

Quote:
I hope your mom is okay, swebb. Thanks for the welcome all!

I have a question: has anyone found the LF cottage cheese to be a staller? I just feel so darn bad eating it when it's relatively high in carbs and I don't feel like I've lost any weight yet. Also, I'm not in ketosis, according to my usually-reliable strips. Boo!

I know for a fact I should up my intake of lean protein and ditch eggs for a while. I really think I could do that for a week without going crazy- I have some AWESOME motivation going for me right now!

Confession: I'm scared to get on the scale to see if I've lost or gained at all. I used to be a daily weigher, but ever since I gained that 20lbs back I've been depressed as hell every time I see the number. It really was crazy for me- I had just gotten to my goal weight and within a week I blew it. It's crazy how fast my body changed back to it's old chubby self- but I'm not used to it anymore. I'm still surprised to wake up and not find the slim me. *Sigh*
I actually am thinking of going back to cc....it was part of my early success on Still's..

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Swebb: I hope your mother will get better soon. Spend time with your father and give him your support!

Becky: Feeling much better. I'm at work today (making up for missing days) and I'm doing light physical labor. Coughing is much better. It will take time to get this out of my system!

Today is day #1. I'm starting the clock today. It is Sunday! First day of the week. I will be doing some light labor and moving around a bit so that should kinda of help to kick start things. I had my 2nd jug of water (16 oz jug) and finished a can of tuna mixed with mustard.

I have one question. How long does shrimp last in the fridge after it is thawed out?

Wishing everyone a great day!
Dustin
Dusty mine keeps for up to five days, pour the water off it so it doesn't get mushy.

Quote:
Go Peeps, go! Back is still very stiff. .I finally got a few muscle relaxers today so I'm gonna load up and rest up. . I want to be back to myself now!!
TOM soon? Have a cocktail........you'll feel better!

Quote:
Hi Im!

I am doing pretty good. I'm still sweating a bit. I have been hauling stuff out to the trash and hauling electronics to be recycled. I have slight cramps in my muscles that I haven't used in a while so I took a midol. Still hanging in here.

I have been thinking a lot. One of the Japanese manager came in to do some work and I was thinking that I can lose all of this weight and become a better person than him. I feel somewhat sorry for the Japanese. Many of them don't look like they are in good health and most of them smoke like chimneys. Talk about a nicotine addict! Then I realized that I am the same way, I use food because I'm addicted to food. I want to eat because I'm bored or stressed out.

Just imagine myself.... in better health, better quality of life because I am learning and I allow myself to think "outside of the box" and open my mind. The Japanese culture is very close minded and I only have met one Japanese who is very healthy and does not smoke in during the years I have worked here.

Another thing I always wanted to do is start my own small business. I also have been thinking that when I get more energy and I start feeling better, then my business will improve.... because of my positive thinking and better confidence.

What do you think?!?! Today is Day #1 and I feel ready now!

-Dustin
go for it!

hope y'all had a gr8 weekend.......we are catching up on football
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

scored these last week..gorgeous!

Old 10-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone!

Still feeling pretty good.... back is a little sore, but I'll live!

Here is an inspirational article about Drew Carey. Drew Carey No More Mr Fat Guy | Parade.com

He lost 92 pounds!! Whooo! That is impressive and he looks great in the photo!!

-Dustin
Old 10-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

from instyle.com..........

The runways are filled with spring florals at the moment, but cool fall temperatures call for cozy plaid. Isabel Marant’s menswear-inspired wool and cotton shirt pairs perfectly with leggings or jeans, and the worn-in boots we’ve been waiting all summer to pull out of the closet.

Oh, goodie.........go grab your BFs plaid flannel shirt instead paying 280 US for the Marant

the look is cute bit i would do something other than the stilettos

Etoile Isabel Marant*|*Cotton and wool-blend plaid shirt*|*NET-A-PORTER.COM