Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 08:02 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Yesterday was my first full Stillman's day in 2 weeks. Scale this morning said I was DOWN 2 pounds

Now only 6 more to go to get back to Stats and SERIOUS losing. My mini goal is 75 pounds GONE by Christmas

Size 14's are a little baggy and size 12's are a little snug.....life is good.

I am up for your Friday weigh-in's IM2!! Let's Rock the rest of October!
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2010, 09:56 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Thanks becky and ccgirl!

I am super happy today- I finally got around to checking my weight and so far I've lost 9lbs since Oct. 1st. I wasn't even doing Stillman's all that time either (just low-carb in general), so it makes me wonder how much more I can lose this month.

Only 7.5 lbs until I reach my summer weight!
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:48 PM   #243
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hello peeps!! It is soooo quiet around here!

Sharon, I'm so glad you're back and I hope things will keep getting a little easier for you every day.

Im2- I won't be in for that Friday weigh-in!

Emky-WTG on the loss--ya gotta love Stillman!! ...now if I could just fall in love with him again!!

Oh did I tell you guys I got my Mum doing QWL? Well she hasn't been 100% good but she's doing great!! She kept saying to me oh it doesn't work, I haven't lost anything and was getting mad with me cos I kept saying it does, it does and you're probably losing inches....well today she put on a blouse that had never closed befotre and it fitted perfectly!!! I felt vindicated!!!!!!!

I'm sitting with my toenails waiting to dry! Was that TMI!! We're going out to a club in a couple of hours and I know I so won't be good! I've no control peeps! I had a cupcake and a white hot chocolate (but it had fat-free milk!!) for lunch. It was so warm today so we were sitting out-I blame it on the sun!! I always start off in the morning with good intentions but by the end of the day I fall off the wagon again. I'm keeping up the exercise and my skinny jeans don't feel tighter but I haven't stepped on the scales...don't want to see the damage!! I'm telling myself I'm maintaining and I need a break from QWL!!! I'm going back to work next week so It'll be a lot easier to be 100% strict then....and yes yes I know, Stilly says start right now, not tomorrow!!!

What other titbits of info have I got for y'all?? Nothing much!! Got the new cable tv---it is sooo easy to record things--it's like taping for dummies!! Oh and I had a micro-derm today. Sooo worth it!! My skin is shiny!!

Ok gotta go!! have a great night everyone. And Al if you're still at work--hugs!! I miss you, please check-in!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:17 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Good evening! I just wanted to report that I lost a total of 16.4 pounds so far! I will be working tomorrow so that will help to keep me busy!

-Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Okay so i fell off every wagon yesterday and today. I know its because im super stressed and just have no food t all in my house.... Stopping ww for a while. Starting stillmans again tomorrow. Hopefully the few weeks of carbs will have been a good thing and no carbs will kick butt again!!!
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Okay so i fell off every wagon yesterday and today. I know its because im super stressed and just have no food t all in my house.... Stopping ww for a while. Starting stillmans again tomorrow. Hopefully the few weeks of carbs will have been a good thing and no carbs will kick butt again!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Think of it this way. . You are doing something positive, you are sticking to a plan and you are doing wonderful things for yourself... but you have to ask yourself.. do I want "fast" weight loss with minimal choices or would I trade slower weight loss for more options.. .I'm kinda on that fence myself right now. . My problem is.. I get no weight loss no matter what I do. .
I want 40 lbs off...yesterday! lol Stillmans it is !! I've been SUPER STUCK! And it drive me nuts. When I'm stuck I get annoyed and just eat whatever I can find because I'm like what's the point if I'm not going to lose anyway....but I remember when I first started stillmans over the summer. Everyday I dropped and loved it! I have 2 MONTHS PEOPLE!!! For my ring and aruba trip! Chop chop! Need some motivation! Getting back on track tomorrow for sure. Plus my schedule is going to be a little less crazy and I'm going food shopping tomorrow. What should I buy?!

Ashley

9/17- 8.1 lbs down...37.4 more to go!
9/18- 9.3 lbs down...36.2 more to go!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:15 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/165/160 5'5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Good evening! I just wanted to report that I lost a total of 16.4 pounds so far! I will be working tomorrow so that will help to keep me busy!

-Dustin
Woooohooooo!!!! WTG Dustin!!! That's the kind of news that inspires us!!
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:32 AM   #249
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I'm back. No - really, I'm back. I decended into a place I never want to see again. My weight hit 249.5 and I woke up1 I've been low carbing for a week and this morning was at 243. I haven't been doing Stillman's, but as of today, that is my plan! I am still struggling with getting packed to move, taking care of DD and the two little ones while we wait for the birth of another little one, and finding time to take care of me. But I feel so much better after a week of low carbing! I'm ready to get strict and to exercise.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:33 AM   #250
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

-Dustin
Go Dustin! Congratulations!
Old 10-17-2010, 06:45 AM   #251
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Becky, we haven't met - I disappeared before you came, but I just wanted to tell you that reading your posts has really helped me. I'm too lazy to look it up, but awhile back you posted about how the weight loss is secondary to being in control - no longer a slave to cravings and out of control eating. (I'm paraphrasing) Anyway, when I read that I was at my lowest point. I was fired unexpectedly and have to move my things into storage while I look for another call. My dd is pregnant and has had complications. I am taking care of their just turned 3 yo and their 20 month yo. And feeling sorry for myself and hopeless and frustrated, etc etc. Your post empowered me to take charge of the things I can control. I have thought about it when I was tempted in the first few days to eat the cake. Thank you!
Old 10-17-2010, 08:45 AM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

-Dustin
Great job!! I know you must be psyched!
Old 10-17-2010, 08:49 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Becky, we haven't met - I disappeared before you came, but I just wanted to tell you that reading your posts has really helped me. I'm too lazy to look it up, but awhile back you posted about how the weight loss is secondary to being in control - no longer a slave to cravings and out of control eating. (I'm paraphrasing) Anyway, when I read that I was at my lowest point. I was fired unexpectedly and have to move my things into storage while I look for another call. My dd is pregnant and has had complications. I am taking care of their just turned 3 yo and their 20 month yo. And feeling sorry for myself and hopeless and frustrated, etc etc. Your post empowered me to take charge of the things I can control. I have thought about it when I was tempted in the first few days to eat the cake. Thank you!
Mim - I am SO happy you are back I am sorry that life has handed you a very full plate right now - but maybe (like me and others), by taking control of what you eat, other aspects of your life will become more manageable as well.

Life has handed me a couple of curve balls lately, but I am SO glad that I am at least TRYING to manage my eating habits and weight. At least I feel that I have control over SOMETHING!

Please don't leave us again - lean on us for support
Old 10-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
I want 40 lbs off...yesterday! lol Stillmans it is !! I've been SUPER STUCK! And it drive me nuts. When I'm stuck I get annoyed and just eat whatever I can find because I'm like what's the point if I'm not going to lose anyway....but I remember when I first started stillmans over the summer. Everyday I dropped and loved it! I have 2 MONTHS PEOPLE!!! For my ring and aruba trip! Chop chop! Need some motivation! Getting back on track tomorrow for sure. Plus my schedule is going to be a little less crazy and I'm going food shopping tomorrow. What should I buy?!

Buy meat! Tuna in pouches. Chicken breasts that you can cut into strips. Turkey burgers.

Don't forget the spices: Hot sauce, Lemon Pepper without Salt, Garlic, Italian Herbs......

If you like turkey bacon try and find the lower sodium kind (Butterball or Jennie-O) - cook the entire package on the oven @350. Then you will have ready made breakfast for a few days.

I try and do my shopping one day and my weeks food prep and some cooking on Sunday.

Do you have a George Forman grill? If you do use that to grill your chicken. If not, maybe you could ask for an early Hanukkah gift

Although not strictly Stillman's String cheese makes a great snack (I get the sharp cheddar)

Keep us posted on your week - We ALL want that ring and Aruba trip for ya!
Old 10-17-2010, 09:18 AM   #255
Senior LCF Member

I am down another pound today That is 4 pounds in 4 days since getting back on plan. Today I can feel the carb detox but I will just drink my Crystal Lite and deal.

Tuna and Turkey burgers are on the menu for today. I am also cleaning out the last of the "Big" clothes from my closet. Yes, I will be sad to see some of them go as I really liked the color/pattern/memory attached to them. BUT I am really excited to hang the smaller size clothes in there - watch out Outlet Mall here I come!!!!
Old 10-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

One of the hottest selling Halloween costumes for adults..... Lady Gaga! Party City has 6 different Gaga looks........Al are you reading this??
Old 10-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Buy meat! Tuna in pouches. Chicken breasts that you can cut into strips. Turkey burgers.

Don't forget the spices: Hot sauce, Lemon Pepper without Salt, Garlic, Italian Herbs......

If you like turkey bacon try and find the lower sodium kind (Butterball or Jennie-O) - cook the entire package on the oven @350. Then you will have ready made breakfast for a few days.

I try and do my shopping one day and my weeks food prep and some cooking on Sunday.

Do you have a George Forman grill? If you do use that to grill your chicken. If not, maybe you could ask for an early Hanukkah gift

Although not strictly Stillman's String cheese makes a great snack (I get the sharp cheddar)

Keep us posted on your week - We ALL want that ring and Aruba trip for ya!
Sounds good to me!! I actually already have low sod bacon...yum yugm. I had bacon and eggs for breakfast! You cook the whole package of bacon in one day? Does it taste good re-heated? I was thinking of doing that with scrambled eggs but the thought of cold eggs was no good for me..and the thought of reheating them wasn't so hot either lol
My first time around I did have cheese sticks for a snack...because during the day I'm usually STARVING! I know it's limited..but any other "snack" ideas? I usually wake up at 6, eat breakfast 615 then lunch is at 11:15...then I generally don't get home to eat dinner until 8 or 10pm so I need something to eat during those long extended times. That's why this diet was so hard because of my crazy schedule
Old 10-17-2010, 11:00 AM   #258
Senior LCF Member

I just re-read the actual diet to get motivated again...
Old 10-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am down another pound today That is 4 pounds in 4 days since getting back on plan. Today I can feel the carb detox but I will just drink my Crystal Lite and deal.

Tuna and Turkey burgers are on the menu for today. I am also cleaning out the last of the "Big" clothes from my closet. Yes, I will be sad to see some of them go as I really liked the color/pattern/memory attached to them. BUT I am really excited to hang the smaller size clothes in there - watch out Outlet Mall here I come!!!!
That's so exciting!!! I've been saying for literally 3 years how I need to go shopping but won't go until I have lost weight...I have 60 days!! ( last time I started this only 2 weeks before bf came home) So this time no distractions!! =D I'm up several lbs from my stats...well not TOO many..But I am also putting into consideration the fact TOM is coming any day now..refuse to change them HIGHER so once I am below the stat weight I will change again
Old 10-17-2010, 01:35 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sounds good to me!! I actually already have low sod bacon...yum yugm. I had bacon and eggs for breakfast! You cook the whole package of bacon in one day? Does it taste good re-heated? I was thinking of doing that with scrambled eggs but the thought of cold eggs was no good for me..and the thought of reheating them wasn't so hot either lol
My first time around I did have cheese sticks for a snack...because during the day I'm usually STARVING! I know it's limited..but any other "snack" ideas? I usually wake up at 6, eat breakfast 615 then lunch is at 11:15...then I generally don't get home to eat dinner until 8 or 10pm so I need something to eat during those long extended times. That's why this diet was so hard because of my crazy schedule
YUCK to re-heated eggs But bacon reheats just fine. As far as snack ideas: Carry 1 or 2 tuna pouches with you - no refrigeration needed. Hard cheese (an ounce or 2) a handful of raw almonds (about 14-16 nuts). Grill or bake some chicken, season it with salt free Lemon Pepper seasoning and cut into strips put in a ziplock bag and freeze - just take out of the freezer and pop into your purse - will be fine to eat for several hours. Take a few slices of turkey bacon with you in a ziplock bag. Check out the carb/fat/sodium count of pre-sliced turkey and chicken lunch meats - put a few in a ziplock bag and take with you.

Hope this helps.......
Old 10-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Mim! Your note really touched my heart...I've been helped by so many people on this thread...it's great to think I've helped someone else! I am a different person since starting Stillman's...I want to stay "here."

I've done LC so many times and been moderately sucessful...but always lasted about 3 months with cheats along the way. But now it's been about 4 1/2 months ... and I'm still so motivated to eat this way. It blows my mind! I guess the difference is VLCarbing as opposed to just low carbing!? I don't really know.

Or maybe it's the fact that I've come to some conclusions...some revelations, if you will...some being...

I wasn't just lazy, pathetic and someone with no self-control...the foods I was eating were making me want more...it was a physical condition that really wasn't related to my will power! I never felt satisfied!

Changing the foods that I ate changed my perceptions about food!

Weight comes off faster with very low carbs...

it's just not worth it to have a wonderful taste on my tongue for seconds...and then hate myself afterwards.

Meat and eggs (or tuna, but I'm sorta tired of tuna) are very satifying...usually we don't overeat them...but can feel satisfied and nourished with them.

Paraphrasing what I've read here somewhere... "If meat or eggs doesn't sound appetizing, then I'm not really hungry"

Those are just some random thoughts I remind myself of regularly.

I've lost enough now to where people can really tell...it really shows...and I feel so different. I've got to stay on my toes and not backslide...I don't know if I will ever be able to partake in sugary delights...I feel too fragile to eat a bite and walk away...I'm afraid if I fall off this wagon it will take me months or years to get back on again...

I feel very dysfunctional...but as long as I walk this straight and narrow way, I feel like I can at least stay where I am.

Mim, I'm sorry that things have been hard for you lately. I think one of the best things you can do is to take care of you...you will have more energy to help you take care of your daughter and grandchildren. That has to be exhausting for you!

I'm proud of you for taking the high road...it will pay off! Keep us updated about your family and your job...that's a lot for you to bear at one time. You've made it through the first week...that's fabulous! And you've lost almost 7 pounds!?! What a great start...you can stick with Stillman's and watch your clothes get looser and looser!!

Ok, I'm done rambling!! Make yourself post here as often as you can...it helps me stay accountable...and we all really care about each other because we can relate to the ups and downs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post

Last edited by becky123abc; 10-17-2010 at 01:49 PM..
Old 10-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Squishy:

Hillshire Farm's Deli & Luncheon Meat: Deli Select, Premium Hearty Slices, Turkey Breast, Oven Roasted, Applegate Farms and Healthy Choice all offer pre-sliced luncheon meats that are low in fat, sodium and carbs. Check the labels.

If you ask at the deli counter a knowledge person would be able to tell you which of their meats would also meet this criteria. Have them slice it thin.

Most people will eat about 2 ounces on a sandwich so figure that number into your "meal/snack" count.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:52 PM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Swebb!! You are tempting me to try the turkey. When I did Jenny Craig, I loved the turkey burger....

Congrats on getting those 4 pounds off! Your stats are so impressive...one lf my inspirations around here!

I'm feeling the urge to go through my closet too...it's a lot like walking that tightrope without a net...scary! And like you, some of those clothes were good to me...made me feel good even when I was 45 pounds heavier...

Quote:

Old 10-17-2010, 02:11 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hey Swebb!! You are tempting me to try the turkey. When I did Jenny Craig, I loved the turkey burger....

Congrats on getting those 4 pounds off! Your stats are so impressive...one lf my inspirations around here!

I'm feeling the urge to go through my closet too...it's a lot like walking that tightrope without a net...scary! And like you, some of those clothes were good to me...made me feel good even when I was 45 pounds heavier...
:blush: Thanks. I just keep trying one day at a time (sometimes it is hour by hour!) Posting here has helped more than you know. Seeing others stats that were close to mine and hearing of their success and struggles made this all very "real" for me.

Cleaning out my closet was something I NEVER did when I lost weight in the past and yes, it was all to easy to slip into something more "comfortable" when I started gaining that weight back

So now it is OUT with all of the old clothes that are too big for me. If I ever feel the need to see how far I have come I can always go to the store and hold up a pair of pants in the size I used to wear and take a photo - no need to have them actually hanging in my closet.

Like a lot of people on here I have a very tight budget. I now will go to Goodwill or other thrift stores once or twice a month and buy something at a great price. When these get too big I take them back to the thrift store and buy something else. Everyone wins
Old 10-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

I went to the store and the 2 low sodium bacon they had were almost $7.00!!! Whereas the turkey bacon was $2/4 or $1.99....grrrr I couldn't justify spending $7 on bacon for LESS salt?! They selling you actually less of the product in a way..lol
Old 10-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I went to the store and the 2 low sodium bacon they had were almost $7.00!!! Whereas the turkey bacon was $2/4 or $1.99....grrrr I couldn't justify spending $7 on bacon for LESS salt?! They selling you actually less of the product in a way..lol
That is a great price on Turkey Bacon. It is turkey bacon that you want on Stillman's. MUCH lower fat than regular bacon and usually lower in calories and sodium as well. So stock up! It freezes well.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:33 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
So, I'm still doing okay. I have been hungrier than normal, but that is fine. As long as I weigh less this Friday, I will be happy.
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
So, I'm still doing okay. I have been hungrier than normal, but that is fine. As long as I weigh less this Friday, I will be happy.
Remember to eat 5-6 small meals a day to keep your internal furnace stoked. Otherwise your body will go into "starvation" mode and your weight loss will stall.

Fingers crossed for a great Friday weigh-in
Old 10-17-2010, 06:15 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Got my lunch all set for tomorrow! Went to the local farmers market and got low sodium bacon woo hoo. The little things in life...lol. Did well today!
Had bacon and eggs for breakfast.
Sliced turkey for lunch
and Steak for dinner!

Didn't drink as much water as I would have liked to. Generally on the weekends it's hard to get in that much water because I wake up late! During the week when I wake up at 6 it's easier to get in my water. Going to the gym after work tomorrow and will be home earlier than normal! I changed my schedule slightly...tutoring instead of babysitting. So instead of working 730-3 and 330-730...I'll be doing 730-3, then 345-515! It'll make my life much easier! Well that's it. Going to do my hair, put my rabbits to sleep and catch up on some TV!
Old 10-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Got my lunch all set for tomorrow! Went to the local farmers market and got low sodium bacon woo hoo. The little things in life...lol. Did well today!
Had bacon and eggs for breakfast.
Sliced turkey for lunch
and Steak for dinner!

Didn't drink as much water as I would have liked to. Generally on the weekends it's hard to get in that much water because I wake up late! During the week when I wake up at 6 it's easier to get in my water. Going to the gym after work tomorrow and will be home earlier than normal! I changed my schedule slightly...tutoring instead of babysitting. So instead of working 730-3 and 330-730...I'll be doing 730-3, then 345-515! It'll make my life much easier! Well that's it. Going to do my hair, put my rabbits to sleep and catch up on some TV!

Woo Hoo! Your are on track for SUCCESS!!