Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 02:15 AM   #211
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Go Dustin. Go. .I'm very proud of you. . the rest should be easier now. .

OK Gals. .do you remember when way back when, I organized a WW at work class for my work peeps. . Then they all pretty much whined about everything (time/place/cost,). .etc. . etc. so I threw in the towel and said . Good Luck to you and gracefully bowed out. . Well. .now that they've seen me around and (different department. .s). . .they want me to start another class. . What gives and As if I would !!! No Freakin Way. . No Way. . they will never get my secrets. . huh
No no!!! Never give away the Stillman's secret!!!!!!! Brilliant that they are noticing tho!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2010, 04:07 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
whewgo girl! That soda episode had me scared!
I know! I'm so happy to know that I'm still burning my excess fat. If only I had time to exercise, then I'd be able to burn MORE!

Stuck with my plan yesterday. It was a weird (but good) day- in one of my two figure drawing classes yesterday the model was a friend. He's a newer model (they are very hard to find) but he is amazingly still. We need more of those! Btw- if any of you have ever had the desire to pose for a life drawing class all you have to do is call up your local university/community college- they are always looking for sane people. No joke- they take any and all body types and it's a very controlled setting (i.e. you're treated with utmost respect).

Last edited by emky; 10-13-2010 at 04:10 AM..
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:39 AM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
No no!!! Never give away the Stillman's secret!!!!!!! Brilliant that they are noticing tho!!!!
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!1

Good morning all!! Just got back from my 2 mile run/walk. In 28 degrees!!!!!!
BRISK!!!!!!!!!!!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
grilling chicken right now as I'm typing this. . I'm surprised there isn't drool all over the keyboard. . I have to go back to my early LC days when I had dinner waiting for me. .this coming home and waiting is for the birds. . I find I pick, pick, pick until dinner. . .Already had a little bit of ground beef and some cheese. . I think it is just my sense of smell going into overdrive. hubby brought home pizza and they all left me with a full one sitting on the table. . OOo. .there are days I could just shoot him.. especially today. . I by passed all the cookies in my meeting, had tuna at lunch, eggs for breakfast and I so want that darn pizza.. I can't throw it to the dogs or there woud be Hell to pay. . OOoo. .ok. .gotta flip the chicken. . I'll pop some gum on my way past the table. . .
Old 10-13-2010, 03:28 PM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Not ready for flipping yet .. . what to do. . what to do.. .

I know. . bust out in song. .

I hate Fat
especially where it's at. .

I could be thin
just watch me grin. .

I'll eat only meats. .
and avoid all sweets..

If I bite it,
I will write it. .

I'll drink my water too
even the dejablue

my low carb friends will see
that I am happy as can be!! lalalalalalallalal
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:14 PM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL good one!!!!!!!

I need grill recipe for chix breast mine are always dry and bland!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:18 PM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

just grill to perfect temp and take off grill.. allow to rest....MMmm..I marinated mine in FF Itailian for severl nights.. meant to cook them last night. . no gas in grill. .MMMmm.. good
Old 10-14-2010, 06:59 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

I'm feeling good! My test strips are now registering in the medium range- yay! I think I'm going to hop on the scale tomorrow to see where I stand. I hope it registers a decent loss since my last weigh-in!

Today I'm having lunch with a friend at Bennigan's. I just looked up their menu online and it says I can substitue their burger with a grilled chicken breast and I can replace the fries with a different side. I'm not sure if I will go with a salad, or their steamed broccoli. I shouldn't eat either, but I can't stomach spending $10 on just a piece of grilled chicken. What do you guys think?
Old 10-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/180/160 5'5"
Hello Stillmanites!!

Not much to report here...I'm waiting for the scale to go down...I've been at 165 since last Tuesday...I do feel smaller in my clothes...expecting it to show on the scales any day! : )

I have been having an extra cup or two of coffee with cream...and a bit of spray cream on top. I suppose if the scales don't move soon I'll have to cut back on that....but OH, how I LOVE my coffee treat!!

I also reach for sugarfree gum several times a day...I can chew the fire out of some gum...

For lunch I had the spicy cajun catfish at Crackerbarrel...maybe three small bites of the green beans...and I had a porterhouse steak for supper. t'was very good!!

Someone at school was asking about my weightloss...she said, "You're not on chemo or anything are you?!?!" I think she was kidding, but that was strange! I'm 165 ...size 12...for Pete's sake! haha She wasn't being mean though...

emky, I have brocolli every 2 or three weeks...and maybe a Ceasar side salad( of course no croutons!)...it's nice for a special treat. I hope you had fun at Bennigan's. We use to have one here...it was fun. Stay away from the Monte Cristo!!! haha

IM, don't stop your poetry!! I love it!

CCGIrl, way to go for exercising!! I need to do that...but haven't gotten there yet. I did go outside and throw the frisbee with the boys for awhile today...that got my heart rate up a bit! ha

I'm ready to get out of these 160's...it's been soooooo long since I've been in the 150's...and the last time I was there (2003) I was only there for about a week...then I started gaining again.

I'm so pumped about eating this way...a slave to carbs NO LONGER!!!! I truly thank God for this WOE...and I thank Him for all of you who understand and walk the same road!!!!!

Last edited by becky123abc; 10-14-2010 at 06:06 PM..
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
I'm going to bounce back to Stillmans VERY SOON...as much as I like WW...I'm not seeing a fast enough loss!!! I might bounce back and forth...don't know how good of an idea that will be!
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:33 PM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

I don't know SP...even Stillman's says something along the line of whenever you put on a few pounds (I think no more than 3) just jump back on Stillman's to get it off...don't let the scales move upward too high.

I'm afraid of what I'll do when I eat off plan. I've been "good" for so long...I don't want to go crazy and let it all go. I look to the veterans on this board to help me when I'm ready to maintain...I'm scared of that!
Old 10-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
I haven't gained since switching to WW...I just find it much SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWER.
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:16 PM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
I haven't gained since switching to WW...I just find it much SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWER.
I think that's great that you could eat a different plan and not gain!
Old 10-14-2010, 11:34 PM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Hi everyone. Love the poetry!! Hope the Dogs did get the pizza. If you put it in a plate and serve it to hubby to eat, he will get the point.
WW might be a good way to maintain a Stillman loss. Either way, you will win!
Everyone sounds like they are doing a great job!!!!!! Go my Stillman sisters and brother!
I have 23 more pounds to lose after stalling a bit. I am not eating after 3 pm and so far, it created the loss that kept me going. I almost aquiesed to veggies, so that 3 pm strategy saved me.
CC: Really! 26 degrees??? You deserve a medal! I swam and soaked up 80 plus degree sun... soooo warm! But you exercised more and developed more character! You go girl! You must live in Montana or something, where is it snowing???
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:54 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hello Stillmanites!!

Not much to report here...I'm waiting for the scale to go down...I've been at 165 since last Tuesday...I do feel smaller in my clothes...expecting it to show on the scales any day! : )

I have been having an extra cup or two of coffee with cream...and a bit of spray cream on top. I suppose if the scales don't move soon I'll have to cut back on that....but OH, how I LOVE my coffee treat!!

I also reach for sugarfree gum several times a day...I can chew the fire out of some gum...

For lunch I had the spicy cajun catfish at Crackerbarrel...maybe three small bites of the green beans...and I had a porterhouse steak for supper. t'was very good!!

Someone at school was asking about my weightloss...she said, "You're not on chemo or anything are you?!?!" I think she was kidding, but that was strange! I'm 165 ...size 12...for Pete's sake! haha She wasn't being mean though...

emky, I have brocolli every 2 or three weeks...and maybe a Ceasar side salad( of course no croutons!)...it's nice for a special treat. I hope you had fun at Bennigan's. We use to have one here...it was fun. Stay away from the Monte Cristo!!! haha

IM, don't stop your poetry!! I love it!

CCGIrl, way to go for exercising!! I need to do that...but haven't gotten there yet. I did go outside and throw the frisbee with the boys for awhile today...that got my heart rate up a bit! ha

I'm ready to get out of these 160's...it's been soooooo long since I've been in the 150's...and the last time I was there (2003) I was only there for about a week...then I started gaining again.

I'm so pumped about eating this way...a slave to carbs NO LONGER!!!! I truly thank God for this WOE...and I thank Him for all of you who understand and walk the same road!!!!!
mmm.........cajun catfish.........I love CrackerBarrel but the salt always knocks me on my butt.

Mom got me walking two years ago and I never looked back. Once you start you won't want to stop.

now if I could just get IN the 160's!

Quote:
I'm going to bounce back to Stillmans VERY SOON...as much as I like WW...I'm not seeing a fast enough loss!!! I might bounce back and forth...don't know how good of an idea that will be!
as long as it keeps you sane with no gain, go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Hi everyone. Love the poetry!! Hope the Dogs did get the pizza. If you put it in a plate and serve it to hubby to eat, he will get the point.
WW might be a good way to maintain a Stillman loss. Either way, you will win!
Everyone sounds like they are doing a great job!!!!!! Go my Stillman sisters and brother!
I have 23 more pounds to lose after stalling a bit. I am not eating after 3 pm and so far, it created the loss that kept me going. I almost aquiesed to veggies, so that 3 pm strategy saved me.
CC: Really! 26 degrees??? You deserve a medal! I swam and soaked up 80 plus degree sun... soooo warm! But you exercised more and developed more character! You go girl! You must live in Montana or something, where is it snowing???
we are in upstate NY about two hours south of Montreal. More possible wet sbow tonight!

well, it's raining so I am skipping the run today. I am waiting for the temp to get above 45 before letting the horses out......to risky for pneumonia in rain and temps lower than 45.

After studying shoes all week and not buying anything online I plan to hit the mall tomorrow between grocery stores and see what I can get a deal on locally. My price point threshold is 75 for a cafe moto racer leather vintage on ebay

this is the Lauren for 2500, we have a leather outlet in Lake George so I will check them out

and 50.00 is the price to beat for this fall's round toe shooties

RL again at Macy's 148 buy three pair get 30 percent off

warning.........Stillman's weight loss may cause fashionissta transformation

side effects include urges to abandon bland colors and baggy tops, perceived need for belts as waistline emerges and constatnt fixation on fashion related websites and magazines

Last edited by CCGirl; 10-15-2010 at 04:56 AM..
Old 10-15-2010, 04:58 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
just grill to perfect temp and take off grill.. allow to rest....MMmm..I marinated mine in FF Itailian for severl nights.. meant to cook them last night. . no gas in grill. .MMMmm.. good
IM, do you get heartburn from these? I was burning all day yesterday and not sure if it was the tuna salad (made with olive oil mayo, greek yogurt and mustard) or the chix.........
Old 10-15-2010, 06:15 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Good Morning my Stillman's friends! I am back (sort of). It was a long and very emotional 10 days. There are still so many questions about my moms death but there are NO questions about her LIFE

I did fall off the Stillman's wagon ..... and gained 8 pounds BUT I am back on plan today and I know the weight will drop right off.

I want to say thank you to ALL of you for the prayers and the hugs. They really helped. I even shared some of the comments with my dad and sister (they were amazed by the large circle of friends that the Internet provides )

I am going to go read all the posts and catch up....

Again, my heartfelt thank you for all the love and support.
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:11 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I ended up having just the turkey and cheese part of a sandwich with a small side salad (minus all the bad stuff, of course!). That and a hard boiled egg for breakfast was all I consumed yesterday- I was just sooo busy. I must admit though- it is nice waking up with an extra-flat tummy from not eating so much lol.

I meant to get on the scale this morning, but I forgot. I won't get on now because I like the "freshest" (read: lightest) reading possible and I've already had a cup of coffee. No extra liquid weight for me- I'll just wait to weigh until tomorrow.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 10-15-2010, 07:21 AM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Good Morning my Stillman's friends! I am back (sort of). It was a long and very emotional 10 days. There are still so many questions about my moms death but there are NO questions about her LIFE

I did fall off the Stillman's wagon ..... and gained 8 pounds BUT I am back on plan today and I know the weight will drop right off.

I want to say thank you to ALL of you for the prayers and the hugs. They really helped. I even shared some of the comments with my dad and sister (they were amazed by the large circle of friends that the Internet provides )

OMG we have been so worried..........it's been a long time!

Sometimes there are words and sometimes there is nothing to say but love and time will conquer all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
I ended up having just the turkey and cheese part of a sandwich with a small side salad (minus all the bad stuff, of course!). That and a hard boiled egg for breakfast was all I consumed yesterday- I was just sooo busy. I must admit though- it is nice waking up with an extra-flat tummy from not eating so much lol.

I meant to get on the scale this morning, but I forgot. I won't get on now because I like the "freshest" (read: lightest) reading possible and I've already had a cup of coffee. No extra liquid weight for me- I'll just wait to weigh until tomorrow.

Have a great day, everyone!
here's to flat absweigh to go on the luncheon!
Old 10-15-2010, 07:38 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
OMG we have been so worried..........it's been a long time!

Sometimes there are words and sometimes there is nothing to say but love and time will conquer all.

Thanks Now is the hard part - going through all of her things and deciding what to do with them and helping my day from a distance deal with everything..... I am SO glad I have Stillmans (and my friends ) to lean on. I am an emotional eater so having tuna, turkey and chicken at the ready to going to be essential!!

Last edited by swebb; 10-15-2010 at 07:44 AM..
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

^^Aww, Swebb
Sounds like you have a good plan going!
Old 10-15-2010, 03:13 PM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks Now is the hard part - going through all of her things and deciding what to do with them and helping my day from a distance deal with everything..... I am SO glad I have Stillmans (and my friends ) to lean on. I am an emotional eater so having tuna, turkey and chicken at the ready to going to be essential!!
i immediately thoight of the movie Hope Floats after reading this.........
maybe just leave it alone for awhile. When you are ready it will happen. Keep strong for your Dad....women rebound and take charge and know what to do, most men don't. How far away is he?

One word of advice that I got from mom after her DH number two....get at least ten copies of the death certificare, you will need them.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
IM, do you get heartburn from these? I was burning all day yesterday and not sure if it was the tuna salad (made with olive oil mayo, greek yogurt and mustard) or the chix.........
No. .I don't think the chicken really absorbs that much of the dressing, anyway. . I found since going low carb. . I never have heart burn. . or gas for that matter. . I know. . TMI. .but its true. . hubby too. .Thank goodness!
Old 10-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Think of it this way. . You are doing something positive, you are sticking to a plan and you are doing wonderful things for yourself... but you have to ask yourself.. do I want "fast" weight loss with minimal choices or would I trade slower weight loss for more options.. .I'm kinda on that fence myself right now. . My problem is.. I get no weight loss no matter what I do. .
Old 10-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Ahh. Sharon. Glad you are back.. That 8 pounds will melt off in a day or two. . It is probably due to salt and stress. It is amazing what stress will do to you. .Let's have a great week and weigh in on Friday.. would that work for you. I need a buddy to do this with. Ijust can't seem to get it together..

Did I mention you are amazing! you are.

Last edited by IM2fat; 10-15-2010 at 07:36 PM..
Old 10-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wahh.. where is everyone? I really need some inspiration peeps.. I feel myself "losing" it more and more often.. This weight will not budge.. it just wont.. I'm thinking about the "water" diet next! Then I suppose I would over do that too and end up getting up in the morning, sloshing over to the scale (after carefully eliminating all my toxins) step on. . blame it on salt. . and drink some more water. The one advantage; however, would be that I would be in the bathroom every five minutes but I guess that's better than the kitchen. . IDK.. I'm just not losing!!
Old 10-15-2010, 10:04 PM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I need a buddy to do this with. Ijust can't seem to get it together...
Hey, I'd be happy to buddy up with someone for a Friday weigh-in. I'm about to go through a VERY busy period and I'm afraid I will have a melt down if I am not careful. I could use a friend or two for a support system- lord knows my family won't help me.

Besides, I'm on here quite frequently- if anyone is interested.

Today was mixed. I basically had more of an atkins induction day rather than a stillman's one. I made the mistake of having a glass of diet coke this morning, which triggered an immense hunger. I ate a boiled egg and some turkey, but when that wouldn't do I had 5 pieces of bacon, a bag of mozzarella cheese, and a large handful of spicy pepperoni. Bad, bad- I know! But I ate all this before 3pm, so I decided I'd be done eating for the day. I've kept my word! I've been pushing water too. Hopefully that will kill some of the bloat that I'm already experiencing from the cheese!

Even though I messed up a bit, I'm still THRILLED that my "screw up" was not really that bad after all. Still very low carb (even considering the hidden carbs in the pepperoni/bacon/cheese) and what's even better is that I was able to CONTAIN my mini-cheat. That is super important to me, given my history of REALLY falling off the wagon. Thank God for low carb and it giving me the ability to control my eating habits.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:57 AM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
No. .I don't think the chicken really absorbs that much of the dressing, anyway. . I found since going low carb. . I never have heart burn. . or gas for that matter. . I know. . TMI. .but its true. . hubby too. .Thank goodness!
It was the tuna! I ate nothing but chicken yesterday and no burn.
Intestinal issues are a real thing of the past with Stills....eating like the big cats......I have finally come full circle as a cat woman..show me the meat!

Quote:
Wahh.. where is everyone? I really need some inspiration peeps.. I feel myself "losing" it more and more often.. This weight will not budge.. it just wont.. I'm thinking about the "water" diet next! Then I suppose I would over do that too and end up getting up in the morning, sloshing over to the scale (after carefully eliminating all my toxins) step on. . blame it on salt. . and drink some more water. The one advantage; however, would be that I would be in the bathroom every five minutes but I guess that's better than the kitchen. . IDK.. I'm just not losing!!
IM have you tried the fat fast? It really works. After three days of whipped cream you won't want any for a long time. But I love plain almonds in cream w/Splenda, it satisfies your crunchy cereal tooth.

Posting your menus would help?

Quote:
Hey, I'd be happy to buddy up with someone for a Friday weigh-in. I'm about to go through a VERY busy period and I'm afraid I will have a melt down if I am not careful. I could use a friend or two for a support system- lord knows my family won't help me.

Besides, I'm on here quite frequently- if anyone is interested.

Today was mixed. I basically had more of an atkins induction day rather than a stillman's one. I made the mistake of having a glass of diet coke this morning, which triggered an immense hunger. I ate a boiled egg and some turkey, but when that wouldn't do I had 5 pieces of bacon, a bag of mozzarella cheese, and a large handful of spicy pepperoni. Bad, bad- I know! But I ate all this before 3pm, so I decided I'd be done eating for the day. I've kept my word! I've been pushing water too. Hopefully that will kill some of the bloat that I'm already experiencing from the cheese!

Even though I messed up a bit, I'm still THRILLED that my "screw up" was not really that bad after all. Still very low carb (even considering the hidden carbs in the pepperoni/bacon/cheese) and what's even better is that I was able to CONTAIN my mini-cheat. That is super important to me, given my history of REALLY falling off the wagon. Thank God for low carb and it giving me the ability to control my eating habits.
Isn't it gr8 that LC is so forgiving! pepperoni and cheese feels like a cheat but no gain!

i am closing in on 170 real soon-I saw a 171 yesterday so I am very positive.
(runs off to weigh-yep, saw it again)

Avoiding fatty meat (wings, bacon) and cheese I think is the key for me. I can do FF american and still shrink. I also haven't had nearly as many eggs this week so that may be an indicator. Even tho I trash the yolks in my omelettes and only do 1 whole and 2 whites. I just didn't feel like them so for brekkie it's been pork chop, chicken or tuna. Sounds nuts but it's what I was hungry for. Cat woman full bore

Wind is howling and it's 45 out, high of 55 today. What to wear.........
Old 10-16-2010, 06:40 AM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

IM, have you had stuff like thyroid checked out? I imagine it's very frustrating to eat this way and not lose! How tall are you? Maybe you are getting so close to goal that it's just hard?? I dunno!
My weightloss seems to be coming off more slowly, but I remind myself of the freedom from cravings...(and the fact that we have no digestive problems, gas, bloating etc is nothing to sneeze at either!)

That helps me remember what a great plan this is.

Hang in there! You've been such a help to everyone on this list...we want to be here for you too!
Old 10-16-2010, 06:44 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

emky, I think one of the great benefits of LC is that we become more tuned in to our bodies and how we react to certain foods. In my case, diet coke doesn't seem to trigger cravings...but I have can easily overdo it with cheeses and /or nuts. We find out what foods we can have every now and then ....

You handled your cravings beautifully!!

Quote: