Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 06:29 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/179/160 5'5"
CCGIrl, thank you for the article you posted...it makes so much sense...but I need to read it many more times before I could explain it to someone. It boggles my mind that the mainstream thought is so opposite of LC...regarding fats and grains... I almost feels it's useless to try and explain to some of those people. In our school newsletter they had the same anti-coconut oil message ...maybe that was just an oversite I don't know...it was weird!

emky, you can lose that weight by the end of October...Stillman's is the way to go!! Keep us posted!

mydear, it's great to hear you are feeling good!! Once we get past the initial getting carbs out yucks, we feel much better! Sounds like you are there!
I see you have been on LCF a long time...I've been on I think since the late 90's but when they did the board change in 02 I didn't keep my original date...isn't it something how we always come back to LC?? I've come to realize that I will always have to watch my carbs...this back and forth thing is not going to work for me...carbs are evil!!

Congrats also for eating cottage cheese instead of the bread you were craving. That's practicing good new habits!! I hope your dentist appointment went well and they took care of that tooth!

Dustin, I love shrimp too!! Especially grilled!!

SP, I hope you see that loss today...remember sometimes after first starting exercising there may be a slight gain, but that's not a true gain...

IM, your pros and cons are wonderful!! There is a safety and security staying in what's familiar...and it's a little scary knowing people don't see me as being overweight anymore...when I still feel like I am. I have to sort of remind myself that i really look different to folks now...
I also like your food choices. I'm afraid of myself and nuts...when I first started STillman's I was eating sunflower seeds...and I ate too many one time...I don't like that out of control feeling...
IM said, "One really big question. (for those cravings and binges!)

When you eat. . and give in to those cravings. . Does the food or item you are eating really fill that void and quench that thirst, so to say? Do you feel better or worse after eating it? Just think about it. . think about it before you take that first bite. while you are doing the biting and after you've finished. . embrace it and really live it. . "

This is very good!! If I stop and take the time to THINK about what I'm eating and why I'm eating it...I've been able to feel fine about my choices to NOT eat at the many, many opportunities of cake, party foods, etc...I don't want to trade this feeling of control for that plateful of yummy foods...

I hope I can just keep that mindset!!

Makemeslim, salmon sounds like a good choice to me! IT's so good for you!

AL, how wonderful to have a friend that will be so straight with you! I imagine that you look so great people would not notice if you gain a few...and that could be a scary place to be in. I've never lost down that low...but 20 more pounds and I could be there...I've read so many times people say maintenance is much harder than losing...and that scares me!!

Msgirl, how's it going???? I know you all have been busy, busy!!

Swebb, I'm thinking of you...I hope you are doing well...it's so hard after a loss of a loved one.

Last edited by becky123abc; 10-09-2010 at 06:31 AM..
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2010, 06:36 AM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

This is a wonderful Saturday...we don't have to be anywhere today...I slept in until 7:00!! I have to get up at 5:00 on weekdays...so what a treat to get the two extra hours!

We went to Sam's last night and got sirloins for the grill today. We don't like buying meat from walmart...but hoping that Sam's will be better. IT was much cheaper than our grocery store, Kroger.

I'm so thankful my hubby enjoys grilling.

I am weird...haha...I have two scales in the bathroom. One of my scales said 164 this morning...but the Tanita said 165...so I won't change my stats until it's official! You should see me jumping from one to the other...(Sometimes the Tanita won't work correctly...I think if it gets too wet it has to dry off or something like that) yes, I'm a little anal about that! Maybe I can officially change stats tomorrow!

BBL!! Love to you all!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:15 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
146 today... which means I'm down a lb from last weekend...I'll take it
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:34 AM   #154
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I've been on I think since the late 90's but when they did the board change in 02 I didn't keep my original date...isn't it something how we always come back to LC??
The first time I heard of low carb was in 2003, when one of my friends started doing Atkins. I really thought the only way to lose weight before then was fat free or starve!! so glad we found the truth, even if it was a little late for me!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:36 AM   #155
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I am weird...haha...I have two scales in the bathroom. One of my scales said 164 this morning...but the Tanita said 165...so I won't change my stats until it's official! You should see me jumping from one to the other...(Sometimes the Tanita won't work correctly...I think if it gets too wet it has to dry off or something like that) yes, I'm a little anal about that! Maybe I can officially change stats tomorrow!

BBL!! Love to you all!
i wish i had room in my bathroom for two scales!! So Beck.. get rid of the Tanita and change those stats!!! (You should be sippin on the Rockstar drink because you R_O_C_K!)
Old 10-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #156
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
146 today... which means I'm down a lb from last weekend...I'll take it
YEAH ASHLEY!!! I guess WW works!! Woohoo!!

I have never tried that one. I hate math. too difficult adding up points.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
YEAH ASHLEY!!! I guess WW works!! Woohoo!!

I have never tried that one. I hate math. too difficult adding up points.
I do it all on my phone !
Old 10-09-2010, 05:12 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
So, the meringue is just whipped egg whites, sweetner and flavoring, like davincis? I wonder if crystal light would work in it.....
Yep, I use the mixer at high speed so it gets stiff like whipped cream. I'm pretty sure you could easily use a packet (or two) of crystal light to flavor it- I used to (before Stillman's) use sugar-free jello to flavor it. Now, I use about a tsp. of any concentrated flavoring that is free of the usual offenders (sugar, corn syrup, etc.) and my liquid sucralose. It's Yummy! I just made a bowl of coconut, banana, and cherry meringue. Mmm.
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:19 AM   #159
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi Peeps!! Just saying Hi!! I'm really busy at the moment...and we still have no internet at home--we've no fone line either now!! Anyway we're getting it on Tuesday morning-can't wait!! Seriously I'm having withdrawal symptoms!! Hope everyone is doing well!! I soooo haven't been on plan--I've been a naughty naughty girl!! Don't have time to read the posts! Sorry!! Oh well!! BBL xx
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:26 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi Peeps!! Just saying Hi!! I'm really busy at the moment...and we still have no internet at home--we've no fone line either now!! Anyway we're getting it on Tuesday morning-can't wait!! Seriously I'm having withdrawal symptoms!! Hope everyone is doing well!! I soooo haven't been on plan--I've been a naughty naughty girl!! Don't have time to read the posts! Sorry!! Oh well!! BBL xx
Yay! I look forward to Tuesday morning and hearing about your travels!
Old 10-10-2010, 07:14 AM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Congrats on the losses, Peeps! I love it when I log in and see less and less of you~! Whoot. .Whoot. .

My son had a football yesterday so we ended up going to Buffalo Wild Wings. . and let's just say . I am pretty sure the wings were not low carb!! I wasn't going to do it, but there was very little I could eat! I made sure we ordered the hot/hot ones so I wouldn't be able to eat many and I ordered a side salad to go with it. . not too shabby but I could have skipped it all together. . I wish I would have taken my own advice and really thought about it while I was eating them. . But I guess in a way, I did. .they were really wonderful and I felt less guilty than I normally do. .

So. .today is gonna to be a chicken tuna day, I think. .well. . at least after I get this burger patty polished off It is amazing to me that when I eat stuff I'm not supposed to . .I wake up starving. . Those darn sugars seeping into my blood and all. . Why can't they just mind their own business and leave! They like to stick around and make your cells fat. ..

OK. I suppose I gotta get dressed and get motivated. .I hear my Sunday papers calling me. .
Old 10-10-2010, 08:53 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
Start Date: 11/21/09
It's almost Noon! Weather is very nice today. Weather was nice since Thursday. I am slowly noticing more energy, but I don't have the desire to move around more. Hopefully, that will change tomorrow!

IM, I think you have shown much more restraint than I did. I really like eating out and being with friends and family.... that combination is my big weakness!

-Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

I JUST WOKE UP 15 minutes ago...1:30!? I never sleep this late..lol. It was kind of a nice surprise. It's gorgeous out today but I have no plans...except cleaning my room and possibly going to the gym but I may save that for tomorrow...we'll see!
Old 10-10-2010, 11:08 AM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Squish. you must have really needed the sleep. .enjoy it while you can. . I rarely ever get to sleep past 8! Today . .it was actually 9:00 but I was up 3 times before. .Fighting kids. . hubby getting ready for work. .looking for lost keys. .Eerrrrr

I've been procrastinating today. .really wish I could get it together and get my house clean. .sick of all the clutter. . but i have so much other stuff to do. .

Hot wings are the devil's food. . I've been hungry all day. .boredom or hunger. . I'm trying to decide. .perhaps its stress. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #165
Blabbermouth!!!

Im grumpy. I have a cold. I ate my tuna and drank my coffee black. Guess that means Im back in the game!

Not worth eating anything bad cause I cant taste it anyway, so thats a good thing!
Old 10-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #166
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Squish. you must have really needed the sleep. .enjoy it while you can. . I rarely ever get to sleep past 8! Today . .it was actually 9:00 but I was up 3 times before. .Fighting kids. . hubby getting ready for work. .looking for lost keys. .Eerrrrr

I've been procrastinating today. .really wish I could get it together and get my house clean. .sick of all the clutter. . but i have so much other stuff to do. .
IM2- have you seen that show "the middle"? Caught a few episodes today. The wife from Everyone Loves Raymond is in it. Real funny. I can see us relating to her in so many ways. Check it out! Work, Kids, hubbies, house.. Theres not enough time in the day to get it all done, let alone squeezing in some ME TIME!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #167
Blabbermouth!!!

btw...love the new pic. Is that a mashed potato hello kitty on the plate?? or rice with a hello kitty perogie?? either way..yummm
Old 10-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #168
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
I JUST WOKE UP 15 minutes ago...1:30!?
I am soooooo jealous of those that get to sleep!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #169
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I am having carb withdrawal and GT withdrawal. Come back soon so we can share horror stories, K?
Old 10-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #170
Blabbermouth!!!

So who else is gonna try the merigue? I'm thinkin about it for tomorrow! (if I can breathe)

and Im going to buy me the biggest turkey I can find tomottow. Roast it up. and make my soup! I insist on seeing some major poundage gone by next week!! woohoo!
Old 10-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Thanks Alerria about the pork. I ate 6 of the slim patties yesterday and that is all I had. I also ate nothing after 3 pm, and lost a pound. I have been on a stall the last week. Total stress, but my taxes are done!

Today I ate turkey and mustard. And drank my 64 oz. I was drinking 100 oz a day, but I am up all night at the toilet and then am very tired durin the day with less enthusiasm about the diet. My goal is lose at least 5 pounds before the 19th.

I also am back to rebounding again. I am still at Mom's as she recoups and the calenetics are just too much for me, but I will get back to them. They were very effective.

Tomorrow I will have 3 or 4 eggs, and a bit of Turkey with mustard and not eat after 3 again.

I heard if you eat whatever you want and you don't eat after 3 you can lose a pound a day, and I am hoping that this will stop my stall and get me under having to lose 27 pounds.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Didn't go to the gym this weekend...BUT tomorrow is Columbus day..which means no work..which means I can go to the gym early

Hopefully I'll keep seeing a loss as the weeks progress....My BF comes home in 69 days!! So 69 days to lose some significant weight so I can get my ARUBA TRIP!!! I've been using the bike and treadmill at the gym..but he suggest I start using the elliptical... which I HATE..but he told me it will show me the most results...( he used to body build and now he's going to be a doctor so I guess I should trust his advice..lol)

Ashley

9/17- 8.1 lbs down...37.4 more to go!
9/18- 9.3 lbs down...36.2 more to go!
Old 10-10-2010, 06:56 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post

Tomorrow I will have 3 or 4 eggs, and a bit of Turkey with mustard and not eat after 3 again.

I heard if you eat whatever you want and you don't eat after 3 you can lose a pound a day, and I am hoping that this will stop my stall and get me under having to lose 27 pounds.
Really? I dont know if I could go 7-8 hours without eating!! Let me know how that works.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:37 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mydear
Stats: 315.5/220.2/199 lbs
WOE: protein & veggies
Start Date: 2/01,1/03, 1/05, 9/06, VSG-12/08, 9/10, 4/12
Good morning everybody, i love the start of the week. it give me a chance to look back, just a little and reflect and then set new goals. i'm going to clean it up a little more this week. i had a nice big cup of coffee over the weekend, but if i can do without it for days then i dont really need to keep going back. my goal this week is to keep making the transition to tea. eating less veggies now this is really a challenge cause i spent a lot of time conditioning myself to add veggies and not carbs to my meals. and i have to stop eating the sunflower seeds. i've really count back alot on all my challenges, and i am feeling so much better, but it time to take the next step towards really doing the plan the way it's meant to be done and let it work for me.....

wish you all the best this week. thanks for all your support, hope that i inspire someone to stay focus and keep trying along with me.

my motivation and determination to reach my goals.. grows stronger and stronger every day

2012: 4/304.2, 5/293.2, 6/285.5, 7/275.1, 8/269.2, 9/258.5, 10/253.5, 11/251.9, 12/251.8
2013: 1/243.4, 2/246, 3/242.2, 4/243.5, 5/243, 6/239.5, 7/236.6, 8/220.2
mydear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:58 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Ugg, I ate soooo much this weekend- all on-plan stuff, but still. I think the 1 or two diet sodas I've been drinking daily have triggered extra hunger. I am going to try to go this whole week without drinking pop or crystal light.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

My My! What a quiet group we've been today.

I've had 3 hard boiled eggs and a nice hunk of steak (along with my vits and CO)...I'm not at all hungry...

Almost everyday someone notices my weightloss...that's nice because sometimes my brain forgets and I don't "see" myself the way they do, KWIM?? Body image is such a strange and complex topic!

I've been reading some about zero carbing...it's very interesting that there is a group that truly only eats meat and water...right now I really look forward to my cream in my coffee...I do enjoy a diet coke if we eat out...and sometimes sugarfree gum satisfies my cravings...so I guess I can't be considered a true ZC-er. But I guess I'd be considered a VLC-er!

I guess it was about a year after my 14 year old was born that I heard about the book/plan, "SugarBusters"...that was my intro into the LC world. Then I drifted into more of an Atkin's induction WOE... and had good results but would always find myself giving up and going back to carbs.

I'm so happy eating this Stillman's VLC way...I just have no desire to add more carbs...although every now and then I may have some brocolli or ceasar salad eating out.

I'm amazed that I have stuck with it for over four month and still love it so!!

I've been at 165 for 6 days now...I'm fine with that...TOM should be here any minute and I'm hoping to see a loss once that's out of the way.

Until then, I'm enjoying life with no cravings...that is such a great feeling to view food as fuel and not a reward! (Although I do tend to view my coffee with cream as a reward! ha)

I hope you all had a great Monday. We had school today, but Thursday and Friday we are out for Fall Break and I'm really looking forward to that!
Old 10-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

I'm freaking out a little. I'm in the process of making a new friend, and I accepted her invite to grab a bite to eat at this fastfood-like Italian place. I ordered a diet pepsi, and the guy repeated "you want diet, right?", but when I was drinking it it tasted *better* than normal diet pepsi. I drank the whole thing thinking my taste was off, but now that I think about it I'm super paranoid that I drank a large full-sugared pepsi.

Could it have just been my tastebuds? It was from a machine, so maybe they added a little extra diet pepsi syrup and that's why it tasted sweeter. Agg! ═'m already on edge from eating the cheese and green peppers/onions/small amount of tomato sauce that came on my sandwich (I of course took the bun off). I just HATE being out of control like this- but what do you do? Not make friends? That's no way to live.

To top off my paranoia- I have a seriously terrible reaction to sugar. I get awful breakouts that cover my chest, back, and shoulders when I eat it, and it takes WEEKS to clear up a break out from one sugar episode. Hell, even too much powdered Splenda will do the same thing (due to the fillers). My back is finally clearing up from my cheat MONTH back in August and if I did drink a sugared drink I will be soooo screwed.

Last edited by emky; 10-11-2010 at 04:46 PM..
Old 10-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

I have to admit that I just made some meringue using one of the flavorings I ordered from Netrition. Peanutbutter= delicious! Peanutbutter is probably my favorite flavor ever. I'm looking forward to trying the other flavors I bought- butterscotch, english toffee, and chocolate!

Last edited by emky; 10-11-2010 at 05:03 PM..
Old 10-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok. .lets talk about the white elephant in the house!

Where is everyone? Why are they not checking in and why has this thread become so Quiet!!! OMG. .I can hear myself think and I'm a little afraid of that. . I dont' get to do it very often. .Woah. .

OK. . so today wasn't great (water wise) but I did stick to protein. . so I'm calling it an OK Stilly Day. . Didn't do any veggies. .due to the wings I ingested this weekend. .back on track tomorrow and will start weighing on Wednesday. .I plan to weigh every day. .keeps me the most accountable. .

OK. Today was pretty sucky. . My son almost knocked out both his front teeth in football. . Chipped one and fractured one way up at the nerve line. I have to take him to an oral surgeon in the morning and they are going to see what they can do about saving one tooth (but its very loose). .just when I think I'm getting ahead. . Goodness I really can't afford root canals and crowns right now. I've needed 2 of them for the last two years and keep putting it off. . when it rains, it pours, I guess. . Considering he did this "accidentally" do you think my medical will cover it? probably not cuz its dental but I might ask. . it would be nice.. We had just made an appointment for my other son who needs to have a tooth extracted.. he has an extra tooth growing from the roof of his mouth. . so they want to remove it..Mmm. wonder why? all the better to chew the meat with. .hahaha. .Perhaps he can give it to his brother and we can have it transplanted!! I' must be getting tired. I'm not making sense. .
Old 10-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
btw...love the new pic. Is that a mashed potato hello kitty on the plate?? or rice with a hello kitty perogie?? either way..yummm
I'm not really sure what Kitty is made of but I know it looked edible and I was very hungry when I was searching for Kitty Food!!! Kinda makes me smile, either way. .

Do you know what I did. . I'll admit it. . I ate a big ole spoonful of cream cheese. . Why? IDK. .I'm not overly fond of cream cheese to begin with but now I think it tasted pretty good. . I wonder if we can make cheese cake out of eggs and fat free cream cheese/vanilla/ /Mmmm. .I might experiment. .