Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mydear
Stats: 315.5/220.2/199 lbs
WOE: protein & veggies
Start Date: 2/01,1/03, 1/05, 9/06, VSG-12/08, 9/10, 4/12
thanks Dustin. i think i got it. it's going to be wonderful to have a place to come to for support. i hope that i can help someone along the way also.
mydear is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Hi Everyone. . I'm lurking right now. .Not feeling so much enthusiasm lately. .

I just wanted to log in and tell Sharon how very sorry I am. I am happy you got to spend some time with her and I am sure you know she loved you very much. Hugs to you and I'll continue to pray for you and your family. Just remember the smiles , it helps!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
hi mydear! Welcome to the best group I've ever participated with on a forum! I've been a member of LCF for years but I've never clicked with a group like this.

I love this WOE...and I hope you do too...it's really worth it to give up foods that are doing nothing good for your body. I get a buzz off of steak...the longer I'm on STillman's ... the better I feel!

I look forward to hearing your story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydear View Post
hi everybody, thanks for the warm welcome, dlyons, & msgirl. i'm just getting back from physical therapy. right now i'm trying to just eat protein 6 times a day, i'm i doing this right? any help would be appreciate.
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Oh how wonderful!! That will really do some toning up...I need to do the same! I'm not quite sure I'm there yet...but maybe your good sense will rub off on me! You've got to be specific and tell the great way it makes you feel...that will inspire me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
I forgot to add that I am finally exercising again!!! Yay me

I started Monday - getting up at 4:30 a.m. to start walking by 5:00 a.m. (now that has not been fun) but I found someone to go with me and we get in three miles during an hour of walking!!!!

I feel pretty determined to keep it up this time and I am really hoping for a change in my body shape!!

Just wanted to throw that out there - I finally did it!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Off to the gym!! I AM TIRED!!! But I feel so good afterward
The first monday of every month my gym brings in pizza....now what the heck is the point of that?! I smelled it and was like..uhh I want some..but instead I spent an hour working out...Who goes to the gym to get free pizza anyway?!
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:56 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
i'm starting stillman today

i got to run now, but i'll be back after physical therapy
and stick with it-with some weight loss your therapy will get easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
^^Hi!

I've been doing fine on the plan. It really is amazing how small my appetite is now- yesterday I was so busy I forgot to eat dinner and I only realized this morning when I went to write it down.

Bad news is that I've got this stupid bug that's been going around my university like crazy. I'm sluggish, cranky, and wayyyyy behind on it feels like everything. This is so unlike me. I just feel like I need 2 days of complete rest and no stress- then I think I would feel better. As it is, there is no time for that and I am miserable. Sickness+getting colder outside= a very unhappy emky.

Whatever happens though, I will not go off plan. I don't care if 10 people tell me how disappointed they are in me today- I will not punish myself by letting it get to me.

I'm seriously considering skipping my next class and the 7 hours of painting I scheduled in my studio so I can just go home and rest. I can always be in the studio all tomorrow...
rest girl, life will be there when you get back. And your statement about not letting things get to you is a mantra for all........well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
I forgot to add that I am finally exercising again!!! Yay me

I started Monday - getting up at 4:30 a.m. to start walking by 5:00 a.m. (now that has not been fun) but I found someone to go with me and we get in three miles during an hour of walking!!!!

I feel pretty determined to keep it up this time and I am really hoping for a change in my body shape!!

Just wanted to throw that out there - I finally did it!
the first step is always the hardest!

ok I bought a monster package of wings (raw naked) cuz they were a markdown but I only ate about ten drumettes. So shoot me. That and an egg white and ham omelette this morning.

I hate not going for the a.m. walk cuz I drink a bottle of water without paying attention. It was pouring out. So I am once again waay behing on H2O. Nothing new there...I'm just not a thirsty type. Any advice? Seriously, it's got to be 90 and sweaty before I reach for hydration.

I'm still weight training at nite with DBF-not long and drawn out, just some leg lifts for the saddlebags and some three pound reps for the bat wings. It's about twenty minutes. So I'm not having any losses but I know things are getting tighter.
I actually got into some old size eights from the attic-can't button 'em yet but I did get the big arse in them...... I'll take it, it's a start!

Sharon, hope you're okay. The aftermath is even more traumatic than the event.........arrangements and legal crap on top of the grief........God keep you strong.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

just in..........Macy's is having the great shoe sale........ten percent extra off one, twenty off two.........thirty off three pairs in addition to the sale prices....plus a printable savings pass for extra fifteen percent off........I may pee myself...I will have to curb this Saturdays' shopping to squeeze it in-the nearest store is over an hour away but it's so worth it. The last time I went I got two pairs of dynamite shoes for 27 bux...........

if you're feeling blue or out of sorts or just need a lift in spirit this is the thing for you..shoes never judge or make you look fat! Just hawt!

must get platform peeptoes........my sanity depends on it

Old 10-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yep, that's me..eatin' wings and drooling at shoes..........somebody call nine one one
Old 10-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

long day for some..............I am still thinking about Sharon and the long road ahead.

We love you, girl, hang in there. Mom is smiling down on you............you can handle this whether you know it or not.
;heart:
Old 10-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
just in..........Macy's is having the great shoe sale........ten percent extra off one, twenty off two.........thirty off three pairs in addition to the sale prices....plus a printable savings pass for extra fifteen percent off........I may pee myself...I will have to curb this Saturdays' shopping to squeeze it in-the nearest store is over an hour away but it's so worth it. The last time I went I got two pairs of dynamite shoes for 27 bux...........

if you're feeling blue or out of sorts or just need a lift in spirit this is the thing for you..shoes never judge or make you look fat! Just hawt!

must get platform peeptoes........my sanity depends on it

I went for that sale last year. COACH WAS EVEN INCUDED!! Bought the most fabulous pair of coach heels...I may have to take a looksie at what they have
Old 10-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Steak! Steak!! I love Steak!!! We had a birthday party for my youngest son...everyone else was eating cake and ice cream...I reheated some steak. I wonder who felt better 30 minutes later??? Me or them???

thanks for reminding us AL about the beauty of MEAT!! I love your list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Just to remind myself why I need to eat meat and meat alone.

1. Meat makes and keeps me thin.
2. Meat gives me clear skin.
3. Meat gives me a healthy glow.
4. Meat keeps my allergies away.
5. Meat eliminates gas.
6. Meat keeps the bloat down. (my feet are actually swollen today!)
7. Meat stops my hair from falling out.
8. Meat makes me happy.
9. Meat keeps me in control by eliminating cravings.
10. Meat tastes good.

just to name a few...
Old 10-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
to post or not to post what I ate yesterday...thats the bigger question... Im feelin a bit embarassed peeps. I'll keep that info to myself because you will be shaking your heads at me for the rest of the week..:blush:
Well, I must admit, I am curious! But it doesn't really matter...each day is new and a perfect day to start fresh anew!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

IM, its good to hear from you! You've done so much to hold this thread together while I've been on here...always encouraging others...I appreciate your kindness and I hope really good things happen to you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Hi Everyone. . I'm lurking right now. .Not feeling so much enthusiasm lately. .

I just wanted to log in and tell Sharon how very sorry I am. I am happy you got to spend some time with her and I am sure you know she loved you very much. Hugs to you and I'll continue to pray for you and your family. Just remember the smiles , it helps!
Old 10-07-2010, 04:26 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

good morning everybody, i loved reading all your post this morning. thank you for the kind welcomes Becky and CCgirl. i went to bed early last night. i was feeling so cold and very tired all of a sudden. but i wake up this morning feeling wonderful and full of hope.

i'm a food addict and have been moving from one fixation to the next all summer. first it was sunflower seeds, then pepperments, then peanut crunch, now i'm hopeing that i can switch my impulses from food to doing something physical..... or maybe to a few things that i really love to do, like beading, sewing, & swimming. i picked stillman cause if i get hooked on protein a least i wont gain weight and just might loss some, lol

thanks so much everybody for being here and for excepting me in the group. Mydear

my motivation and determination to reach my goals.. grows stronger and stronger every day

2012: 4/304.2, 5/293.2, 6/285.5, 7/275.1, 8/269.2, 9/258.5, 10/253.5, 11/251.9, 12/251.8
2013: 1/243.4, 2/246, 3/242.2, 4/243.5, 5/243, 6/239.5, 7/236.6, 8/220.2
Old 10-07-2010, 04:47 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

the aquaciser

this is the physical therapy i'm doing twice a week & in between i use the gym

Last edited by mydear; 10-07-2010 at 05:00 AM.. Reason: adding pic
Old 10-07-2010, 05:21 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Hi mydear,

It looks like you are doing the right thing with your physical therapy! Keep up the good work! Just keep things simple and clean on Stillman's.... I try to stay away from processed foods. Today is Day #5 and I am starting to feel more energy and I am starting to sleep better.

I understand about your impulses... I am the same way. I just love to eat and I can easily demolish a bag of those Doritos. But after reading that many of those companies add additives that get people hooked onto eating those foods that have additives added such as HFCS.

-Dustin

Last edited by dlyons; 10-07-2010 at 05:24 AM..
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:37 AM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
I went for that sale last year. COACH WAS EVEN INCUDED!! Bought the most fabulous pair of coach heels...I may have to take a looksie at what they have
O yeah babe!! Coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Steak! Steak!! I love Steak!!! We had a birthday party for my youngest son...everyone else was eating cake and ice cream...I reheated some steak. I wonder who felt better 30 minutes later??? Me or them???

thanks for reminding us AL about the beauty of MEAT!! I love your list!
you ROCK! steak cake!

Quote:
good morning everybody, i loved reading all your post this morning. thank you for the kind welcomes Becky and CCgirl. i went to bed early last night. i was feeling so cold and very tired all of a sudden. but i wake up this morning feeling wonderful and full of hope.

i'm a food addict and have been moving from one fixation to the next all summer. first it was sunflower seeds, then pepperments, then peanut crunch, now i'm hopeing that i can switch my impulses from food to doing something physical..... or maybe to a few things that i really love to do, like beading, sewing, & swimming. i picked stillman cause if i get hooked on protein a least i wont gain weight and just might loss some, lol

thanks so much everybody for being here and for excepting me in the group. Mydear
once you find out how your body handles carbs and sugars you begin to figure out that you are not powerless or weak. It's the food , not you.

Long reads but worth every minute, these two articles will set off the light bulb:

"If the members of the American medical establishment were to have a collective find-yourself-standing-naked-in-Times-Square-type nightmare, this might be it.
They spend 30 years ridiculing Robert Atkins, only to discover that Atkins was right all along. Thier very own dietary recommendations -- eat less fat and more carbohydrates -- are the cause of the rampaging epidemic of obesity in America.
While the low-fat-is-good-health dogma represents reality as we have come to know it, and the government has spent hundreds of millions of dollars in research trying to prove its worth, the low-carbohydrate message has been relegated to fantasy. "

What if It's All Been a Big Fat Lie? - NYTimes.com

Vegetarianism is unnatural. This is not a modern finding. The Bible gives us evidence of this, and clues that vegetarianism was not regarded with favour.

The Bible , however, can only give an indication of the feeling of the time in which it was written. It does not provide a convincing answer to the question of what we really should eat.

The way we live now is based on advanced agriculture and the domestication of plants and animals. This is a very recent invention: we cannot have adapted to it yet. To determine what foods are likely to make up an ideal diet for us as a species, we must look further back, at our evolutionary history.

The first evidence lies in the fossil sites. Where hominid remains are found, so also are animal bones — at times in their thousands. If we were not meat-eaters, why is that?

Seeds, the staples such as rice, wheat, maize and beans, play an important part in our lives today. All of them must be cooked before we can eat them in any quantity. Seeds and berries are a plant's reproductive system, they are indigestible — deliberately, designed to pass through and take root elsewhere. Two means only are available to make them digestible: cooking and grinding.

Homo erectus began to appreciate the value of fire around 350,000 years ago. If our ancestors had started cooking grain then, we could have evolved and adapted to it by now. However, cooking grain is not as easy as cooking meat. You cannot hang it in a chunk over the fire or lie it in the embers. To cook grain and other seeds, you need a container. The oldest known pot is only 6,800 years old. In evolutionary terms, that was only yesterday. While soya bean is rich in complete protein, and grains and nuts also combine to provide complete proteins, none contains the fats that are essential for proper brain development.

The Naive Vegetarian - Second Opinions, UK
Old 10-07-2010, 05:44 AM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, our ideal diet, the one we evolved and adapted to, must also be one which is high in proteins and fats, and low in carbohydrates.

There is one further piece of evidence that really confirms this. That is the design of our digestive organs and digestive enzymes, which are exactly like those of the great carnivores — and nothing at all like those of a herbivore.

•As vegetable foods made up an increasing proportion of our diet and intakes of meat declined, so our height also declined. European, meat-eating Homo erectus erectus of 30,000 years ago was some 150 mm (6 inches) taller than his agricultural descendants. Indeed, even today we are still shorter than they were. We see the same pattern in North America. The Paleoindian hunters of 10,000 years ago were much taller than their farming descendants at the time of European conquests of the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries AD.
•There is no evidence of nutritional diseases before the advent of agriculture. After it, there is. The cereal crops that became the modern staples, together with root crops which began to be cultivated, are all relatively deficient in protein and the B vitamins. Additionally, all the cereals contain a substance called phytic acid which binds with a number of minerals and other nutrients and reduces their availability to the digestion. As a consequence, with the coming of agriculture we see the appearance of a number of nutritional diseases such as rickets, pellagra, dental caries, beriberi, obesity, allergies and cancers. We see the emergence of the 'diseases of civilisation'.

As a consequence, we changed from eating what we needed to eating what we liked. And with no previous experience of these foods, our bodies had never learned when to stop.

Sugar, which contains no useful nutrients whatsoever, became easy and cheap to produce, leading to a 30-fold increase in its consumption. The industrial revolution, therefore, was something of a two-edged sword. On the one hand it gave people a wider range of nutritious food than had ever before been possible; on the other hand it brought diabetes, peptic ulcers, heart disease and yet more dental caries, cancers and obesity.

Many packaged foods today contain what is euphemistically called 'modified starch'. This again is highly concentrated carbohydrate, in this case cereal starch. This concentration of sugars and starches is done to make foods cheaper, more attractive and, of course, to make a bigger profit for the manufacturers. But it has had serious effects in large sections of the population. The body's natural nutrient-requirement signal, the appetite, has not evolved to cope with such unnatural foods. It knows when to stop us eating meat, but not when to stop us eating chocolate bars and cakes.

In short, your body naturally knows when to stop eating protein and fat because it satisfies us and is our natural food.

Your body does not trigger the same stop eating mechanism when eating sugar or carbs which is why you feel coma like or high after eating them. And it's why we gain weight.

Last edited by CCGirl; 10-07-2010 at 06:00 AM..
Old 10-07-2010, 05:55 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning, Guy and Gals!

I just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful Stillman's Day! I'm trying to rejuvinate some lost enthusiasm and will do my best to get my act together. Besides, Gwn is coming home soon and I want to make sure I've lost something while she was gone!

No time to read back but I see we've been a bit more chatty! I'm at work and must not be doing non-work related stuff but I couldn't resist. The sun is shining and I feel a good day coming on! Taking my vitamins. .eating my eggs (with hotsauce. . MMm) and smiling about my day!

Let's all do something positive today and make sure you compliment someone. It'll make you both smile! Luv to all. . .
Old 10-07-2010, 06:09 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Mornig IM!

Glad to see you here! Yup, it is a pretty nice morning outside right now!

-Dustin
Old 10-07-2010, 09:07 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Thanks for the support all!

I am in a *very* good mood today. You know how I mentioned being afraid of the scale? Well, I was feeling brave this morning so I hopped on and....I'm down 4.5 lbs!!! Yay!

Only 12 lbs until I get to where I left off in August. Once I'm there, I'll worry about re-evaluating my progress. Hmm...I'm trying to decide how much more weight it'll be possible for me to lose this month. Another 5.5 lbs would make it an even 10 lbs loss for October. Not counting today, that's 24 days in which to do it. Do you guys think that's reasonable?
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

THANKS FOR ALL THAT INFO, CCGIRL. SO IT LOOKS LIKE WE ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK FOLLOWING THIS PLAN. I'M REALLY BEGINNING TO ENJOY EATING MEAT.

thanks Dustin for the tip on the addictives they are putting in foods, to get or keep us hooked, i need to do some research on that and learn a lot more obout it.

im2fat we can do this

emky, WTG, KUTGW. i hope to be making post like that real soon.

i'm having a wonderful day today, i haven't felt this good in a long time. maybe it's cause the sun is back or maybe cause i'm on the right track.........
Old 10-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Hi mydear,

If you get tired of beef or chicken, try some shrimp. I just picked up a package of shrimp and they are a nice change.... eat all I want along with a little bit of cocktail dip. Yes, do some research on HFCS and additives. Perhaps you will become more aware of what they put in our foods. My biggest battle is dealing with cravings for bad foods!

-Dustin
Old 10-07-2010, 06:42 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Getting close to weigh in day..(SATURDAY!) I'm NERVOUS...I've gone to the Gym Mon-Thurs and plan on going tomorrow night too!.....THERE BETTER BE A LOSS THIS WEEK!!
Old 10-07-2010, 08:00 PM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. .so now I'm officially bummed. . I just spent 1/2 hour composing this wonderful, inspiring message to all you wonderful losers. . any my computer went dead! Ugg. . I hate when that happens!
Old 10-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What are your "Pros" for staying overweight? Does any of these fit you?

1. You can hide behind your fat
2. You dont' have to buy any new clothes - heck, you don't deserve them
3. You don't have to exercise
4. You don't have to diet
5. You don't have to date (if you are single)
6. People feel sorry for you and look at you with "those eyes"
7. People judge you as being lazy and they don't expect much from you
8. Your expecations are lower (for yourself)
9. you have more free time to be lazy
10. Do any of these reasons really sound great?

Here are the cons for staying overweight. . think about them really look at them and compare

1. You can stay or be unhealthy
2. you never have to worry about wearing single digits again
3. Your have poor health
4. You have poor nutrition
5. You may be lonely because you have no motivation to do anything
6. People think you arelazy
7. People think you have no self control or don't care
8. you find you have a lower expectation of myself.
9. you are less productive
10. you are full of self-doubt

The pros of gettng fit, healthy and thin

1. You have more energy
2. You have a better body
3. You have sexual confidence
4. You will live a longer life
5. You get to eat healthier meals and set a better example for your kids.
6. Size 8. need I say more?
7. Great clothes
8 you feel attractive
9 You have more self respect. .

Cons:

1. you wonder what to do with more energy
2. You wonder how you are going to live your extra long life
3. Dang. you have to buy a new wardrobe
4. You have nothing to blame your failure on. .

What are your cons?

Last edited by IM2fat; 10-07-2010 at 08:14 PM..
Old 10-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here are my meal plans:

Lemon Zest tuna pouch. . mixed with one regular tuna pouch. .MMm. .goes a long way
Marinated lemon pepper chicken (grilled)
Slow cook a frozen turkey breast.. spice to the hilt. .enjoy the bestest. moistest white meat ever
grill lean pork chops. .season with low sodium soy
scramble some eggs. .flavor with green pepper and serve with hot sauce
Mix boiled eggs, tuna and mustard (add celery flakes)
drink some water..
drink some flavored water
drink hot tea experiment with new flavors..
drink hot coffee
drink a diet soda
slow cook stew meat with green pepper, onion . . and various seasonings.. enjoy alone or with some eggs. .
Grab a Tyson fully cooked chicken breast (found in freezer)
Grab a Tyson fully cooked steak slices. . (found in meat cooler)
Make some fajita chicken
fry, rinse repeat. . low fat ground meat. . season slightly with low fat sausage. . mix and serve with a side of hot sauce and/or tomato slices. .
brown fat free/low fat all beef frankfurters slightely and serve with a shot of low carb ketchup (or hot sauce) and mustard. .

these are just a few of my ideas. . Lately. . I've been on a grilled chicken and tuna binge. My only real "cheat" has been too many nuts. . I carefully count out 15 but then end up eating more. . I will be cutting those from "live-it"!
Old 10-07-2010, 08:38 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So tomorrow is Friday. . We are going to go in the weekend like the big bunch of losers we are. . Who's in? We need some new motivation. . let's go. .
Old 10-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

One really big question. (for those cravings and binges!)

When you eat. . and give in to those cravings. . Does the food or item you are eating really fill that void and quench that thirst, so to say? Do you feel better or worse after eating it? Just think about it. . think about it before you take that first bite. while you are doing the biting and after you've finished. . embrace it and really live it. . perhaps it'll
Old 10-07-2010, 08:43 PM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I really, really, really hate that I can't chat throughout the day with my peeps. . that stupid work thing gets in the way. . tomorrow is my couponing night so it'll probably be late before I can check back in. . .:-(