Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 09:48 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Good afternoon!

Halfway through Day #3!! I'm starting to feel more energy. I just walked from my office to third building and I did not get out of breath. My back is slightly sore, but not really hurting compared to last week! My headache from this morning is just about gone.... just very slight "pangs" but hardly noticeable.

I'm ready for Day #4 tomorrow!!!!

-Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2010, 11:07 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Love is everywhere-

from an old email too good to delete

Our 14 year old dog Abbey died last month. The day after she died, my 4 year old daughter Meredith was talking about how much she missed Abbey.. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could, so she dictated these words:

Dear God,
Will you please take care of my dog? She died yesterday and is with you in heaven. I miss her very much. I am happy that you let me have her as my dog even though she got sick.
I hope you will play with her. She likes to play with balls and to swim. I am sending a picture of her so when you see her You will know that she is my dog. I really miss her.
Love, Meredith

We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey and Meredith and addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Then Meredith pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope because she said it would take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven. That afternoon she dropped it into the letter box at the post office. A few days later, she asked if God had gotten the letter yet. I told her that I thought He had.

Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch addressed, 'To Meredith' in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it. Inside was a book by Mr. Rogers called, 'When a Pet Dies..' Taped to the inside front cover was the letter we had written to God in its opened envelope. On the opposite page was the picture of Abbey & Meredith and this note:

Dear Meredith,
Abbey arrived safely in heaven.
Having the picture was a big help. I recognized Abbey right away.
Abbey isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me just like it stays in your heart. Abbey loved being your dog. Since we don't need our bodies in heaven, I don't have any pockets to keep your picture in, so I am sending it back to you in this little book for you to keep and have something to remember Abbey by..
Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for helping you write it and sending it to me. What a wonderful mother you have.
I picked her especially for you.
I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much.
By the way, I'm easy to find, I am wherever there is love.

Love,
God
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Swebb, my love and prayers are with you at this time of grieving. I am glad that you were able to be with her at the hospital. She sounds like she was a wonderful mother, giving you the support and encouragement that you needed. She is watching over you.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. My mom passed this afternoon

The next few days will be hard - everyone wants to bring food. One of the last things my mom said to me is how proud she was that I had taken charge of my life and had begun to lose weight. She said she had been so worried about my weight and the heart disease and diabetes that run in the family. So, this weight loss is for YOU and ME mom
I'm sorry for your loss
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:09 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
I'm sorry for everyone's loss!

I have done good so far. I still feel a loudly hungry so maybe ketosis hasn't set in yet. My sister is getting married in the summer so I got another motivation right there!

Hope everyone is doing well!
icandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:37 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
I feel like I just went to bed...and no sooner do I fall asleep, it's morning already. I hate that. Literally went from work to babysitting to gym to super market..then came home and had to prepare for today (lunch, print stuff out, pick out clothes, etc) By the time I actually stopped and layed down it was 11:30 and I'm up at 6am...I'm so tired!! All I want to do is sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. I have an interview today at 5:15....with me luck!! (Although I kind of don't want it because it's 45 minutes away from my house)...but it would be nice nonetheless! Hopefully I'll hit the gym tonight at some point. I feel better after I go...even if I do the treadmill for a half hour, every little bit counts!
Have a good day!

Ashley

9/17- 8.1 lbs down...37.4 more to go!
9/18- 9.3 lbs down...36.2 more to go!
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:32 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Good morning, all.

SP, you need some sleep! On the good side, at least you're too busy to eat!

ican-ketosis will come! Love that carb detox!

Dusty congrats on day 4!

Sharon, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

as for today, as a;ways, a new gift awaits.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.
- Anonymous
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:40 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/195/160 5'5.5"
Woo hoo!! I'm having a great STillman's week! The scale sort of showed me at 166 yesterday...but I was not convinced...so I didn't change stats...but this morning it says 165! So I got to show a 2 lb loss.

I went clothes shopping yesterday...I'm comfortable in 12's...a few 12's were too big!! I bought a medium jacket that is just a bit snug...so that gives me incentive to lose a little more!

I just love, love, love this way!!

I miss AL!!!!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:21 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
good morning everyone!!!

I have to admit, Ive been off plan for a few days and the scale is showing it! Ive got my tuna lined up and Im ready to give it another go!

Becky- You are melting!!! ( I missed you too!) another 2 pounds? That is awesome!!

Ashley- I hear ya on the needing more sleep! I dont get a day off anymore. I work the weekends and the kids need to be up and at em for school the rest of the week. If I dont get to bed by 9ish I am zonked. Just wanted to give you big high fives for taking on the gym. That is really great and every little bit counts!

icandoit, emky, tailorclaire- Sorry Im late on the hellos- Welcome to the group. Stillmans is the way to get the weight off quick! You guys are gonna do great!

Dustin- You are the man. Rockin it!! you got past the hard part and now its time to drop some serious pounds. Im so excited that you are back! Lets hold on tight for this ride because we are not allowed off this wagon!!!

IM2, CC, msgirl, GT-

Lisa- where did ya go?

sharon- You are in my thoughts.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:31 AM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Just to remind myself why I need to eat meat and meat alone.

1. Meat makes and keeps me thin.
2. Meat gives me clear skin.
3. Meat gives me a healthy glow.
4. Meat keeps my allergies away.
5. Meat eliminates gas.
6. Meat keeps the bloat down. (my feet are actually swollen today!)
7. Meat stops my hair from falling out.
8. Meat makes me happy.
9. Meat keeps me in control by eliminating cravings.
10. Meat tastes good.

just to name a few...
Old 10-06-2010, 05:31 AM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

to post or not to post my current weight, that is the question.....sigh...
Old 10-06-2010, 05:32 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone,

Still here for Day #4. Boy, I had some serious cramps last night. I had a small salad with chicken. This morning, I made a quick stop at the grocery store to get some bouillon cubes and start adding some salt to my diet. I'm feeling a tad bloated because of the salad, but I expect this to go away tomorrow.

-Dustin
Old 10-06-2010, 05:34 AM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

to post or not to post what I ate yesterday...thats the bigger question... Im feelin a bit embarassed peeps. I'll keep that info to myself because you will be shaking your heads at me for the rest of the week..:blush:
Old 10-06-2010, 05:35 AM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

Boullion cubes sound good. It been so chilly out this week! I cant weight to dive in to some turkey soup!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:43 AM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

and just one more thing about Stillmans. Once you get through the first week or two and drop 10-15 (even 20!!!) pounds, its exciting, its easy and so possible to keep going and lose some more!! Do not let yourself slip. each time you slip, it gets tougher to do again. If I didnt have the support of this group, I would easily go right back to being 190 pounds.

Now, on the other hand. I dont think what Im doing right now is good. On plan for a week or two, off plan for a week. My weight jumps dramatically up and down like this. Its not good, but I know my trigger weight. Once I see that number, I know its time to do something about it. Now is that time, for sure!!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:44 AM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

have a great day peeps! BBL
Old 10-06-2010, 05:49 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Yay Al, Glad to see you in positive mood! Hang in there and have a great day! Yes, it is good that you are learning your trigger weight.... that may help down the road!

-Dustin
Old 10-06-2010, 06:16 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mydear
Stats: 315.5/220.2/199 lbs
WOE: protein & veggies
Start Date: 2/01,1/03, 1/05, 9/06, VSG-12/08, 9/10, 4/12
hi

i'm starting stillman today

i got to run now, but i'll be back after physical therapy
mydear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:26 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
^^Hi!

I've been doing fine on the plan. It really is amazing how small my appetite is now- yesterday I was so busy I forgot to eat dinner and I only realized this morning when I went to write it down.

Bad news is that I've got this stupid bug that's been going around my university like crazy. I'm sluggish, cranky, and wayyyyy behind on it feels like everything. This is so unlike me. I just feel like I need 2 days of complete rest and no stress- then I think I would feel better. As it is, there is no time for that and I am miserable. Sickness+getting colder outside= a very unhappy emky.

Whatever happens though, I will not go off plan. I don't care if 10 people tell me how disappointed they are in me today- I will not punish myself by letting it get to me.

I'm seriously considering skipping my next class and the 7 hours of painting I scheduled in my studio so I can just go home and rest. I can always be in the studio all tomorrow...
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:17 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Hi mydear! Welcome! Keep coming back here for some inspiration and ask questions! I'm on Day #4 and it is slowly getting easier! My best suggestion is to drink lots of water when on Stillman's.

-Dustin
Old 10-06-2010, 08:18 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Hi emky,

Sounds like a good idea... reschedule and take it easy! You don't want to overdo yourself. It is kinda of amazing how I can forget that I am hungry and keep on chugging along!

-Dustin
Old 10-06-2010, 08:41 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
Quote:

The next few days will be hard - everyone wants to bring food. One of the last things my mom said to me is how proud she was that I had taken charge of my life and had begun to lose weight. She said she had been so worried about my weight and the heart disease and diabetes that run in the family. So, this weight loss is for YOU and ME mom

SWebb - I am so very sorry to hear about you losing your mom...Hugs are definitely going out to you
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:46 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Woo hoo!! I'm having a great STillman's week! The scale sort of showed me at 166 yesterday...but I was not convinced...so I didn't change stats...but this morning it says 165! So I got to show a 2 lb loss.

I went clothes shopping yesterday...I'm comfortable in 12's...a few 12's were too big!! I bought a medium jacket that is just a bit snug...so that gives me incentive to lose a little more!

I just love, love, love this way!!

I miss AL!!!!
Girl!!!!!! you are smoking the weight loss trail!!!!!!

165!!!!! I am so proud of you and excited for you!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:48 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
If I didnt have the support of this group, I would easily go right back to being 190 pounds.
AGREED!!!! This group makes all the difference!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:53 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

emky and mydear - WELCOME to Stillmans! It is positively the best weight loss plan and I know all those on this board will agree with me!

Keep up the good work and you WILL see results!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

I forgot to add that I am finally exercising again!!! Yay me

I started Monday - getting up at 4:30 a.m. to start walking by 5:00 a.m. (now that has not been fun) but I found someone to go with me and we get in three miles during an hour of walking!!!!

I feel pretty determined to keep it up this time and I am really hoping for a change in my body shape!!

Just wanted to throw that out there - I finally did it!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:09 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim
Not sure...I have everything to be happy for...Daughter just got a great part time job that will see her through College and Uni, (it's her first job and was her first ever interview)... Also, the house next door to mine is converted into flats and we managed to get her a studio flat there, so she will be moving out or in rather next week. Maybe it's just all the change. It's not like she is moving miles away...I'm so happy for her but everything is changing so fast...maybe I'm just scared. Need to get a grip!

Ohhhhh....I can relate. I was really "down" when each of my daughters went off to college. Even though I was really happy for them and it was time for them to get on with their lives - I didn't want things to change. Part of it was the fact that this change was a big sign that I was getting older and the other part was I really LIKED being needed (most of the time ) and I was going to miss that.

It took me some time to work (and EAT my way) through those feelings - looking back I should have tried to do some volunteer work or SOMETHING to keep from hitting the refrigerator/cupboards........

I am very happy that I raised strong, intelligent, independent young women - but I still miss the "little girls".......

So if you want to keep your fingers busy doing something other than eating then sit down and type away - feelings, stories about your daughter, etc. would be welcome here. Maybe you could work on a scrapbook for her - include favorite recipes, memories, etc.

You are a great mom!
Thanks so much much Swebb. I think a scrapbook is a great idea...going to start digging out some old photos. I have promised myself to get back on track tomorrow and I will...No more of this emotional eating! I'm also going to post here daily...I do better when I do that. I have not caught up with the posts yet, hope you are well.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:

Oh Swebb, I just read this. I am so, so sorry. I wish you and your family all the strength in the world at this hard time. It's so nice that your mum told you how proud she was. I know you will succeed.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mydear
Stats: 315.5/220.2/199 lbs
WOE: protein & veggies
Start Date: 2/01,1/03, 1/05, 9/06, VSG-12/08, 9/10, 4/12
hi everybody, thanks for the warm welcome, dlyons, & msgirl. i'm just getting back from physical therapy. right now i'm trying to just eat protein 6 times a day, i'm i doing this right? any help would be appreciate.
mydear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Hi mydear,

I try to eat about 5-6 small meals a day. It helps with my hunger pangs and seems to help me from thinking about foods. This diet is mostly mental willpower. I try not to watch TV when I'm starting this diet because of those commercials. Drink lots of water.

So, I've started taking simple walks.... fall weather is not that bad right now and it is kinda of nice outside. I really don't recommend any strenuous exercise if you are not already used to it. Last week, I get out of breath easily and now, I can walk a longer distance without getting out of breath. The biggest problem I have is my back pain caused by my weight.

-Dustin

Last edited by dlyons; 10-06-2010 at 11:44 AM..