Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Hi Everyone!

Still feeling pretty good.... back is a little sore, but I'll live!

Here is an inspirational article about Drew Carey. Drew Carey No More Mr Fat Guy | Parade.com

He lost 92 pounds!! Whooo! That is impressive and he looks great in the photo!!

-Dustin
oh YEAH babe i saw that! It just makes me mad how they downplay the low carb and instead call it balanced and healthy diet and excersize is what works.......all the stars know locarb is the only weigh to lose
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Have to agree.... plus Drew must have spent a lot of money on a fitness trainers and tests... things that we ordinary people can't afford. But it is a great progress and I'm happy for Drew. Plus shopping at Neiman Marcus is not cheap!!

-Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
.....Today was a BAD day....party was great...and so was the food...... couldn't resist...I guess in the back of my head I figured I'm not losing any way...what's the difference..but now I feel icky....

I NEED to lose this weight!!!!!
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Hey SquishyPunim, Hang in there! Tomorrow is a new day for ya!

-Dustin
Old 10-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Have to agree.... plus Drew must have spent a lot of money on a fitness trainers and tests... things that we ordinary people can't afford. But it is a great progress and I'm happy for Drew. Plus shopping at Neiman Marcus is not cheap!!

-Dustin
yep....nothing like being a prisoner of your handlers to make that loss easier. but there is a downside, too...no privacy, no life.
Be careful what you wish for, said the good witch; ye just may get it.
I gotta get a new ride, mom says the dollar store broom I have is crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
.....Today was a BAD day....party was great...and so was the food...... couldn't resist...I guess in the back of my head I figured I'm not losing any way...what's the difference..but now I feel icky....

I NEED to lose this weight!!!!!
not gaining either.........c'mon, little one, suck in your waist, stand up straight, and think of that handsome doc........inspiration, presto!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:29 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

-Dustin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

not gaining either.........c'mon, little one, suck in your waist, stand up straight, and think of that handsome doc........inspiration, presto!

Thank you! Working on it!! Tomorrow is a new day...I'm trying to think of something that is a constant reminder to myself...like anytime I do cheat, in the moment it means nothing but afterward I'm so disappointed in myself. And that's when I start thinking about all of my incentives...I feel like anything and everything I try isn't working. I switched to WW last week and it was going well. Don't know If I should switch back..or what to do. I've literally been trying to lose this weight for 2.5 years...and no matter what I've been failling. I don't want to fail this time around. I'm going to be strict strict strict!!

Ashley

9/17- 8.1 lbs down...37.4 more to go!
9/18- 9.3 lbs down...36.2 more to go!
Old 10-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
I am sitting in the ICU waiting room. Thank you for all your well wishes and prayers. My mom is in very critical condition. They did emergency surgery today and removed 2/3 of her colon and her spleen. She went into septic shock and has pneumonia. She is in good physical condition for her age so we are hopeful.

That said ... Today was a bad eating day for me. Grabbed some chicken at the airport - all they had was fried and yes, I ate the biscuit thereal issue is that I haven't been able to get all my liquids in. And I can feel what the stress is doing to me!

Tomorrow will be better as I will be more prepared.

Last edited by swebb; 10-03-2010 at 07:13 PM..
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:18 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
I am sitting in the ICU waiting room. Thank you for all your well wishes and prayers. My mom is in very critical condition. They did emergency surgery today and removed 2/3 of her colon and her spleen. She went into septic shock and has pneumonia. She is in good physical condition for her age so we are hopeful.

That said ... Today was a bad eating day for me. Grabbed some chicken at the airport - all they had was fried and yes, I ate the biscuit thereal issue is that I haven't been able to get all my liquids in. And I can feel what the stress is doing to me!

Hope she's doing ok!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: taylorclaire
Stats: 283/190/135
WOE: atkins/ low carb/ stillmans
Start Date: 10/02/2010
im newbie to the board.. i'm aboard to do stillmans for october
taylorclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:57 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
How old is she? I really hope she pulls through!!! And don't worry about going off-plan right now- that's a LOT to deal with.

Doing good still. Yesterday was all about the hamburger- it's just what I had in the fridge. I tried a couple different combinations of seasonings (which I usually don't play with b/c I'm an inept cook) to make it taste yummy and I was pleased with my results.

I have class all day, so I think I'm going to pack some hard boiled eggs. I need to stop and get some chicken on the way home, too.
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:52 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Swebb: I'm thinking positive thoughts for you and your mother!

I want to welcome taylorclaire to the group! Enjoy! It will be an interesting ride for you in here!
Hi Everyone!

Day #2!! I'm ready to tackle today!!!

-Dustin
Old 10-04-2010, 06:09 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thank you! Working on it!! Tomorrow is a new day...I'm trying to think of something that is a constant reminder to myself...like anytime I do cheat, in the moment it means nothing but afterward I'm so disappointed in myself. And that's when I start thinking about all of my incentives...I feel like anything and everything I try isn't working. I switched to WW last week and it was going well. Don't know If I should switch back..or what to do. I've literally been trying to lose this weight for 2.5 years...and no matter what I've been failling. I don't want to fail this time around. I'm going to be strict strict strict!!
SP, have you bought or begun wearing something smaller recently?

I invested in some Ralph Lauren belts two weeks ago because I'm tired of wearing cheap crap that doesn't last, and my old belts were waaay too big. I literally had to cut about six inches off of them and bore extra holes to make them work.
Whenever I fell cheat coming I think of the new belts and my new waistline...total inspiration!

Quote:

ahh, life. Now is not the time to be critical of yourself. Mom is more important right now and she needs you to be strong.

is there anyone else in the family to help? Strength in numbers!

Prayers out to you and Mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorclaire View Post
im newbie to the board.. i'm aboard to do stillmans for october
to the meat train! All aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
How old is she? I really hope she pulls through!!! And don't worry about going off-plan right now- that's a LOT to deal with.

Doing good still. Yesterday was all about the hamburger- it's just what I had in the fridge. I tried a couple different combinations of seasonings (which I usually don't play with b/c I'm an inept cook) to make it taste yummy and I was pleased with my results.

I have class all day, so I think I'm going to pack some hard boiled eggs. I need to stop and get some chicken on the way home, too.
good advice and good plan!

Quote:
Hi Everyone!

Day #2!! I'm ready to tackle today!!!

-Dustin
Me too! Back from my 2 mile walk/jog in 40 degrees...BRRRRRRR! Chicken soup is simmering and just boiled up a bunch of eggs!

have a gr8 day and Sharon keep us posted!
Old 10-04-2010, 06:45 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Hey Everyone,

Does anyone have any advice for heavy sweating? I was working on repairing a laser printer and I was really sweating and got sweat inside the printer. Do I need to drink more water or cut back or pop a vitamin? Or just chalk it up as part of starting Day #2?

I tend to sweat a bit, but not this much!

-Dustin
Old 10-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
Popping in to say hello after a long weekend out of town. I hope you are all okay and losing well!!!

SWEBB - I am so sorry to hear about your mom! Keep us posted and hanging in there!

I will be back later to update myself on all that I missed since last Thursday!
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:54 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
I am starting Stillman's today. I have been on Stillman's before and done very well. I wish i didn't gain it all though! This time i want it to be for good! Has anyone taken Cheaters Relief before? I haven't tried it yet. http://www6.netrition.com/bsn_cheaters_relief_page.html
icandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone have any advice for heavy sweating? I was working on repairing a laser printer and I was really sweating and got sweat inside the printer. Do I need to drink more water or cut back or pop a vitamin? Or just chalk it up as part of starting Day #2?

I tend to sweat a bit, but not this much!

-Dustin
IDK, babe, ramped up metabolism? Carb detox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
Popping in to say hello after a long weekend out of town. I hope you are all okay and losing well!!!

SWEBB - I am so sorry to hear about your mom! Keep us posted and hanging in there!

I will be back later to update myself on all that I missed since last Thursday!
good to hear from you girl!!!!!!!! do tell about the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I am starting Stillman's today. I have been on Stillman's before and done very well. I wish i didn't gain it all though! This time i want it to be for good! Has anyone taken Cheaters Relief before? I haven't tried it yet. BSN Cheaters Relief
I have no clue..........my cheater's relief is vodka tonic
Old 10-04-2010, 06:27 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
SP, have you bought or begun wearing something smaller recently?

I invested in some Ralph Lauren belts two weeks ago because I'm tired of wearing cheap crap that doesn't last, and my old belts were waaay too big. I literally had to cut about six inches off of them and bore extra holes to make them work.
Whenever I fell cheat coming I think of the new belts and my new waistline...total inspiration!

Hmm....that's a good idea....maybe some lingerie for when BF comes home!! lol Or a bikini for the aruba trip I'm GOING to win!
Old 10-04-2010, 06:52 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

woohoo we're going to Aruba!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, maybe going through some of your wardrobe and parting with some old friends will inspire you.

I posted this once but it's worth repeating.

I had a pair of Express stretch jeans that stuck with me through thick and thin. Mostly thick.
A few weeks ago I went through some of my stuff and I pulled them out. At first, I couldn't bear to part with them. After all the struggling they always fit and made me feel good. Like the Sisters of the Traveling pants, no matter how big I was I could always get into them.
I almost put them back into the trunk when I pulled them out again, took a deep breath and said-out loud-
'You were there for me when I was a fat girl, now go take care of another one who needs you. I love you but I no longer need you."

that's no BS, either. I have taken approximately a hundred pounds of clothes to the church thrift shop over the past two weeks. What they can't sell they send overseas to those in need.

Last edited by CCGirl; 10-04-2010 at 06:56 PM..
Old 10-04-2010, 07:07 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
woohoo we're going to Aruba!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, maybe going through some of your wardrobe and parting with some old friends will inspire you.

I posted this once but it's worth repeating.

I had a pair of Express stretch jeans that stuck with me through thick and thin. Mostly thick.
A few weeks ago I went through some of my stuff and I pulled them out. At first, I couldn't bear to part with them. After all the struggling they always fit and made me feel good. Like the Sisters of the Traveling pants, no matter how big I was I could always get into them.
I almost put them back into the trunk when I pulled them out again, took a deep breath and said-out loud-
'You were there for me when I was a fat girl, now go take care of another one who needs you. I love you but I no longer need you."

that's no BS, either. I have taken approximately a hundred pounds of clothes to the church thrift shop over the past two weeks. What they can't sell they send overseas to those in need.
See my problem with that is....I DON'T have clothes...I'm always saying I'll go shopping when I lose the weight...my wardrobe is very small!! I refuse to go shopping....because I hope to lose the weight! A few months ago I bought 2 pairs of pants..which are now (woohoo) big on me...but I spent $50...then I had to get them shortened now I'm going to spend more $ on getting them taken in! Which of course is nice but it gets pricey!
Old 10-04-2010, 07:08 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

and now for the news..........it's been awhile

At the risk of sounding sexist, we describe this as an example of what happens when you send a man to do a woman's job:

I was ill and my husband volunteered to go to the supermarket for me. I sent him off with a carefully numbered list of seven items.
He returned shortly, very proud of himself, and proceeded to unpack the grocery bags. He had one bag of sugar, two cartons of eggs, three hams, four boxes of detergent, five boxes of crackers, six eggplants, and seven green peppers.

- the Boomer Crew at BBHQ.com

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his
tongue..

-Anonymous

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

-Ben Williams

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.

-Josh Billings

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.

-Andy Rooney

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog.

- Franklin Jones

If your dog is fat, you need more exercise

-Unknown

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That's almost $21.00 in dog
money.

-Joe Weinstein

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is
the principal difference between a dog and a man.

- Mark
Twain

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.

-Roger Caras

If you think dogs can't count,
try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then give him only two of them.

-Phil Pastoret

"Signs that bone drug may block breast tumors," by Kate Kelland
(Reuters Health, Sep. 29, 2010).
Reuters Health Information (2010-09-29): Signs that bone drug may block breast tumors

"Age 50 as mammography screening threshold proven unfounded"
(Eurekalert [American Association for the Advancement of Science], Sep.
30, 2010).
Age 50 as mammography screening threshold proven unfounded

-that's good because I ain't gettin one

-Mel
Old 10-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
See my problem with that is....I DON'T have clothes...I'm always saying I'll go shopping when I lose the weight...my wardrobe is very small!! I refuse to go shopping....because I hope to lose the weight! A few months ago I bought 2 pairs of pants..which are now (woohoo) big on me...but I spent $50...then I had to get them shortened now I'm going to spend more $ on getting them taken in! Which of course is nice but it gets pricey!
trust me little one, that's a good thing-throughout the ordeal I had one rule, I never bought a larger size pants. If it was a 9 or 10 and they fit it was all good, if not then I just put them back on the rack. My mom would send me 12s and I wanted to burn them

this must be your heaviest weight then. Good for you! If only I had discovered Stills earlier, oh the pain and suffering I could have avoided!

Bettah late than nevah!!!!!!!!!!!!! (that's my Shreveport LA Ya Ya accent) Stay away from the beignets!
Old 10-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O i hope everything's all good out there........GT IM Yam makeme Al Sharon Lisarenee

echo
echo
echo
Old 10-04-2010, 08:21 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Hi Im!

Today is Day #1 and I feel ready now!

-Dustin
Dustin. . you make so many good points that I want to come back to talk about all of them..the only thing that jumps to mind right now.. Just say NO!! Small business sucks the life out of you.. Seriously.. all I do is work, work, work..

But, then again. .I feel very used right now.. ..I do all the work.. everyone else watches football!! (and eats. .did I mention all the wonderful food they eat. .?)
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

-Dustin
OK..lets stop.. NOw is Now. . we can do this. why does it have to be tomorrow? Lets make it now!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Webb (((huggsss))).. I am praying for you!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. My mom passed this afternoon

The next few days will be hard - everyone wants to bring food. One of the last things my mom said to me is how proud she was that I had taken charge of my life and had begun to lose weight. She said she had been so worried about my weight and the heart disease and diabetes that run in the family. So, this weight loss is for YOU and ME mom
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:26 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Oh Swebb!!! How sad that is! I'm so sorry for you and your family. Just take one moment at a time and get through these next few days...it is so hard. What a beautiful sentiment your mother shared...about how proud she is of you. I'm sure you brought much joy to her life...and your life will always honor her.

I'm so sad for you right now...offering up prayers of peace, comfort and strength. I don't think we are ever ready to lose a parent. Please check in and let us know how you are doing if you can.

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. My mom passed this afternoon

The next few days will be hard - everyone wants to bring food. One of the last things my mom said to me is how proud she was that I had taken charge of my life and had begun to lose weight. She said she had been so worried about my weight and the heart disease and diabetes that run in the family. So, this weight loss is for YOU and ME mom
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:08 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Hi Swebb,

I am very sorry for your loss. I will be thinking positive thoughts about you and your family!

Today is day #3. I woke up with a killer headache. I just had a can of tuna, Excedrin, my vitamins and a cup of broth. I experienced slight cramps yesterday so I will start drinking hot water with chicken bouillon cubes in it to add salt. Boy, that cup I finished a few minutes ago made me feel full and it is nice to drink something warm.

-Dustin
-Dustin
Old 10-05-2010, 05:50 AM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
Sharon, I am so sorry to hear about your mother.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:18 AM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O Sharon. I am devastated to read your post. But I know she is wrapping her wings around you to ease the pain.