Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 05:46 AM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Ugg, so I've been off stillmans for the past week and the results have been not good! I didn't go back to high carb eating, but I made the mistake of going FAT and CHEESE crazy. I'm not kidding you, there were a couple days in a row (ok maybe 3) that I ate at least one medium size bag of shredded cheese by myself IN ADDITION to taking bites off a block of cheese too. I ate many, many pieces of bacon and other high fat foods.

Yesterday was the worst- I graduated to eating 3/4 a can of salted mixed nuts and I did the unthinkable- I gave myself permission to eat a bunch of sugarfree candy (with maltitol- and carbohydrates. eek!!!).

I know what triggered my bad eating: I was super nervous about recieving a scholarship last night (I'm a high anxiety type) and thankfully it is now over. I am SO READY to get the weight I regained this week off! Seriously, my stomach (which was looking nice and flat) is back to being bloated and the little pooch of fat under my belly button (which was also becoming totally unnoticable) has grown again! Ahhhhhh!

I'm going back on QWL today. And this time, I vow to push through until I reach 110 lbs, damnit! I will worry about everything else later. Thank God I can come here for support- I think I'd go absolutely bonkers if I didn't have you guys to share the experience with!
emky is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/178/130
WOE: medifast/Atkins
Start Date: June 11th 2014
Hi Emky,
Congratulations on receiving the scholarship just shake off the cheese. Jump back into the QWL and you'l be at goal in no time. Man to be as skinning as you I'd be floating.

Aleriaaa sorry to hear your not feeling well . Do you take the D3. That's suppose to help. Some people take alot when sick. Congrats on the 4 pound loss.

today my weight is holding but I've lost 5 since Sunday and am hoping tomorrow I will see 170. I love those numbers with a zero behind them.

Frances
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:26 AM   #453
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
OK EMKY- Lets do this! I want to see 110 too!!!

I dont plan on staying there because its really too thin for me, but I just need to see it once! Now a muscular 110 would probably look great, but I have zero muscle....

how tall are you? I bet you look great right now!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:28 AM   #454
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Aleriaaa sorry to hear your not feeling well . Do you take the D3. That's suppose to help. Some people take alot when sick. Congrats on the 4 pound loss.

today my weight is holding but I've lost 5 since Sunday and am hoping tomorrow I will see 170. I love those numbers with a zero behind them.
Thanks Itstime! I dont take any vitamins. I know I should but its tough for me to get em down! and remember!!!

And great job to you for the 5 pound loss!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #455
Blabbermouth!!!

just finished my yummy eggs. and walked away. I could easily eat 10 of them. Im not hungry at all. I just love to eat!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:57 AM   #456
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
:h

So I stuck to plan and the results are in. changing stats from 131 to 127. I have a feeling Ive got my willpower back.
The Queen of the whoosh is back!!!!!!!!!!
I've got my willpower back too--twas gone for far too long!!!!

It really really sucks that you have used 2 weeks of your vacation.
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:59 AM   #457
Big Yapper!!!!

Emky, congrats on the scholarship!!!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #458
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Meeeeeee Toooooooo!!!!!!!!!......though I'll probably 40 by the time I see it!!! I'm just gonna tape the no. on my scale!!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:01 PM   #459
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
just finished my yummy eggs. and walked away. I could easily eat 10 of them. Im not hungry at all. I just love to eat!!!
Oooh I just had 2 eggs for dinner too!!! Love them!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #460
Big Yapper!!!!

I see your light on Al!! Hi!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:03 PM   #461
Big Yapper!!!!

Stayed on plan today--hope I'm on a roll now!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:04 PM   #462
Big Yapper!!!!

Im2-meant to say, I love Halloween Kitty!!!! She's a good witch, I reckon!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Hi everyone! I just woke up from a nice afternoon nap...nice!

I'm at 48 pounds gone! Yahoo!! I still marvel at the ease of which this weight has come off...and the fact that I am so happy being a meat & egg eater (with cream in my coffee...yum!)

I have dear people in my life who are overweight...diabetic and other health problems...and I feel like this WOE would be so perfect...

But I remember there was a time that I balked at Stillman's and thought I could never eat like this. One guy who is diabetic insists that eating extremely low carb would be very dangerous...that he has to have carbs or he will have a spell. I wish there was a great book about ZC or VLC...but I can't find one. Good Calories Bad Calories has a great reputation...I have that, but it's very long and IMO a complicated read... I need to see if my Stillman's book addresses diabetis at all.

I'm seeing my reflection in mirrors while out and about and I just can't believe that's me!!

While in high school/college I was a fine size...around 140...BUT I always felt fat and miserable...I think now I will appreciate my size and not wish I were smaller...I can be more realistic!

I DO NOT want to gain weight back! I have some skin under my neck that looks sort of like a deflated balloon...I notice it when standing in front of a mirror that has a harsh light overhead.

I know it's because I allowed myself to get so big and then lost it sort of quickly. It doesn't really bother me...but I do realize that my skin isn't as elastic anymore and I can't afford to do the yo-yo dieting stuff anymore...I want it off and I want it to STAY off!!

I've had 4 boiled eggs today. I LOVE eggs that are nice bright soft yellow...I don't like it when they are over boiled.

We are grilling steaks tonight...I'll have a few left over for meals and snacks for the next few days. THat is one food I've NEVER tired of ... STEAK!!! It's a lot cheaper at Sam's than Kroger.

I love you all!! You are my fellow warriors!! I feel like we know a secret that would help millions...but if one's not open to eating this radical way...it's almost useless to try and convince. Maybe after I've maintained my loss for a while...then I can more easily share..
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:28 PM   #464
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I dont plan on staying there because its really too thin for me, but I just need to see it once! Now a muscular 110 would probably look great, but I have zero muscle....

how tall are you? I bet you look great right now!!!
WE CAN DO IT ALERIA AND GETTING THERE!!! I'm 5'4", (probably around 123-5 right now) but I have a weird build that I think makes me look chunky with even a little extra weight on me. Basically, I have short FAT legs and a stomach that can be thin but desperately wants to be poochy and bloated. At least my arms/chest aren't big, so that's a plus.

At 110 (which I achieved over summer for like, 1 week) people told me how great I looked but said, "Don't lose any more weight!". So I'm thinking 110 is my ideal #.

And thanks to all who congratulated me for getting the scholarship. It's for art, so I think I'm going to buy a big roll of canvas and some new art wax (to go over my oil paintings) as my first purchases with the money.

Today was good. I've gotten back on track- no cheese. I didn't do so hot on my water intake- I will drink more tomorrow. LET'S GET THIS WEIGHT OFF!!!

PS- Great job Becky!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Al! You just kill me. . I can't believe how fast you lose.. embrace your metabolism and go with it. .you rock!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks Itstime! I dont take any vitamins. I know I should but its tough for me to get em down! and remember!!!

And great job to you for the 5 pound loss!!!
Al! did you ever think you get sick because you are not taking your vitamins? Really.. seriously. . I believe in vitamins especially on this live-it. .we are not getting enough. . c.. d.. b12. . you name it. . we need it.. TAKE YOUR VITAMINS!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:44 PM   #467
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Im2-meant to say, I love Halloween Kitty!!!! She's a good witch, I reckon!!!
but of course.. . plus.. she's a skinny witch.. .
Old 10-28-2010, 09:47 PM   #468
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
WE CAN DO IT ALERIA AND GETTING THERE!!! I'm 5'4", (probably around 123-5 right now) but I have a weird build that I think makes me look chunky with even a little extra weight on me. Basically, I have short FAT legs and a stomach that can be thin but desperately wants to be poochy and bloated. At least my arms/chest aren't big, so that's a plus.

At 110 (which I achieved over summer for like, 1 week) people told me how great I looked but said, "Don't lose any more weight!". So I'm thinking 110 is my ideal #.

And thanks to all who congratulated me for getting the scholarship. It's for art, so I think I'm going to buy a big roll of canvas and some new art wax (to go over my oil paintings) as my first purchases with the money.

Today was good. I've gotten back on track- no cheese. I didn't do so hot on my water intake- I will drink more tomorrow. LET'S GET THIS WEIGHT OFF!!!

PS- Great job Becky!!!
emk: I hate to tell you this.. I'm 5-4 and would love . .love .. love to weigh 125. ..but I will. . I will..
Old 10-29-2010, 04:27 AM   #469
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oh the minimalist life is not for me!! I have dreamed of it--ya know a nice capsule wardrobe of neutral colours....but then I think...a world without PINK?????? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!
no way to live........now that I'm getting thin again I'm looking at all these neutral tones in my wardrobe and thinking 'blech, how boring'.....give me color! And belts! The sz L I got at Lauren is now being worn on the 4th hole-a fashion no no (the gals at the boutique say belts are properly worn on the third hole.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bphotomama3 View Post
Day 3 and down 3lbs!!! Yay!!

I am getting scared though because Halloween is coming and I am a chocoholic! UGH!! I have 3 kiddos who want to go trick or treating.... oh boy maybe I should have hubby lock up the candy so it is out of sight and reach of me! Anyone eles in the same boat??
Halloween here 24/7/365 with the king o' candy and carbshe has his own kitchen cabinet where all the crap food is kept...up hugh and out of sight. It works, too..out of sight, out of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
NO carbs.. O yeah.. No cookies.. O Yeah. . No chip. . O Yeah . I love meat. the very good treat.. .the magical retreat! Lets hear it for meat!!! Go Meat!!
yeah baby, give me the cave girl life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan$$ View Post
I have been on and off this eating plan for a long time. I have just moved back to the UK from the Middle East. This time I am determined.

What I find really interesting about this plan is the ongoing cottage cheese debate. I love the stuff and have just eaten it . However, I have just had full fat which has 6.1gs of fat per 100g.

Sometimes I do eat the very low fat sort which has 1.5gs fat per 100g. However, I think if you had 250gs of cottage cheese for Breakfast, lunch and dinner you would lose. THe calories would be just under 900. I do think this diet is actually quite calorie dependent. I lose fast with fish but it's not practical in the office for lunch and you have more prep involved.

Wish you all luck and big losses. Pls come back and tell me about your cottage cheese experiences......

Running tonight. Exercise is important when you sit all day at a desk.
no fat for me....whatever works for you.........I love cottage cheese, a one pound tub is my lunch on the go choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
reporting a 1 pound loss for today,,,,yeeeee!

Hi CC girl. Thanks for the magnesium tip. By the way,,,we are neck and neck now!

Msgirl,, keep popping in. I want to hear how Judds works for you.

Hi Susan, I'm not doing any cottage cheese right now, just the queso cheese that is like the farmers cheese. I don't want the carbs right now. But my friggy has quite a few of them in it waiting for me when I'm ready.

I must note, I feel great and am not used to having all this energy. I may have to get up and do something
woot woot WTG how tall are you and what's your build type?

Quote:
Al! did you ever think you get sick because you are not taking your vitamins? Really.. seriously. . I believe in vitamins especially on this live-it. .we are not getting enough. . c.. d.. b12. . you name it. . we need it.. TAKE YOUR VITAMINS!
good call A customer was waxing on about the bennies of vitamin D3, it wards off colds and flu, and we need more now, esp. our young ones cuz they don't play outside anymore.........up to 4000 IU daily.
So I got it and am taking it. Screw the flu shot, I've never had one and don't intend to start.

Well, after almost two months I broke down and did some Diurex last night...I woke up parched, but I finally LOST ANOTHER POUND!!!!!!!!!thank you, Lord, Lady and Jesus.....God/dess bless Dr. Stillman and all my LCF's!

I still think it's the jogging and weight training that's keeping the numbers up cuz clothes are still getting looser......
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:41 AM   #470
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
but of course.. . plus.. she's a skinny witch.. .
Yeah......a skinny b**********!!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 06:49 AM   #471
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hi everyone! I just woke up from a nice afternoon nap...nice!

I'm at 48 pounds gone! Yahoo!! I still marvel at the ease of which this weight has come off...and the fact that I am so happy being a meat & egg eater (with cream in my coffee...yum!)

I have dear people in my life who are overweight...diabetic and other health problems...and I feel like this WOE would be so perfect...

But I remember there was a time that I balked at Stillman's and thought I could never eat like this. One guy who is diabetic insists that eating extremely low carb would be very dangerous...that he has to have carbs or he will have a spell. I wish there was a great book about ZC or VLC...but I can't find one. Good Calories Bad Calories has a great reputation...I have that, but it's very long and IMO a complicated read... I need to see if my Stillman's book addresses diabetis at all.

I'm seeing my reflection in mirrors while out and about and I just can't believe that's me!!

While in high school/college I was a fine size...around 140...BUT I always felt fat and miserable...I think now I will appreciate my size and not wish I were smaller...I can be more realistic!

I DO NOT want to gain weight back! I have some skin under my neck that looks sort of like a deflated balloon...I notice it when standing in front of a mirror that has a harsh light overhead.

I know it's because I allowed myself to get so big and then lost it sort of quickly. It doesn't really bother me...but I do realize that my skin isn't as elastic anymore and I can't afford to do the yo-yo dieting stuff anymore...I want it off and I want it to STAY off!!
Hey Becks!!!!! I am so so happy for you!!! Looking great, feeling great---go you!!!
I love this WOE as well!!! I really can't speak highly enough of low-carb!! I dread to think where I'd be without Stillmans
I don't ever want to gain the weight back either-I really thank my Mum and Gran for their good skin because mine has almost completely shrunk back but I don't think I should push my luck!!
Plus sugar is bad, bad, bad for skin-good fats are good!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 06:52 AM   #472
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
I have short FAT legs
:
Another short-legged one here!!! (even though I'm just over 5'6)
Old 10-29-2010, 07:09 AM   #473
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
no way to live........now that I'm getting thin again I'm looking at all these neutral tones in my wardrobe and thinking 'blech, how boring'.....give me color! And belts! The sz L I got at Lauren is now being worn on the 4th hole-a fashion no no (the gals at the boutique say belts are properly worn on the third hole.)
Yeah me too!! I wore a lot of black-even though I don't really like it against my face for day-does nothing for my skin tone. I did wear some pink but not as much as I did before I gained weight or as I would have liked!! and peeps I really like pink!!! The other thing is tho I really like girlie clothes and I never wore anything like that when I was bigger cos I though it would look stupid, but now I'm skirts and bows and ruffles all the way!!!
I really do thank Stillman for the confidence!!!

I never knew that about belts!! Never wore them while I gained the weight. And last year I got a LV belt (a pink shiny one) from my Mum for my birthday. I was there when she bought it and even though it was last Summer when I had lost a lot-it was an S-that's all that was left-and I seriously didn't want to even try it on. Anyway I could wear it on the 2nd last hole (near the end). But I didn't wear it that much at all cos I still hated my figure (I'm working on that!!). Now I need an extra hole!! And I'm scared to leave it in anywhere!!
It's prob not a bad complaint but I have a tiny waist-and I mostly have to wear them at the smallest hole!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 10-29-2010, 07:17 AM   #474
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi peeps! Having tea and watching What not to Wear. I think they're old ones because it seriously is everything they say no to is back in fashion--in Europe anyway!!! Skinny jeans-check! Tapered trousers-check! Long tops-check! Shearling boots-che-eck!!!
I have to get off my lazy behind and go to the shops-I'm so lazy after work!! It's 4:30 and all I've eaten is 2 eggs-and there is nothing and I mean nothing in my fridge or cupboard--literally there is milk and low-fat mayo in the fridge-that's it-no other food anywhere-oh except teabags!!
And I'm not even hungry(beauty of QWL!)--tho I prob will be later! So I should move myself!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 10:12 AM   #475
Big Yapper!!!!

Awww---checked in again and no green lights!!

Eating a can of tuna----cos y'all really wanted to know!!!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 10:19 AM   #476
Big Yapper!!!!

<----getting into the Halloween mood!!!!!!!!!1
Old 10-29-2010, 10:40 AM   #477
Senior LCF Member

Ugg, I'm doing work-study now and I'm bored!!!

I had a boiled egg and some shaved turkey for breakfast at 5:30. It's 12:30 now and I am STARVING. I didn't have time to pack a lunch this morning, darn it, so I'm getting by on diet pop. Definitely not the best choice, but it's wayyy better than stopping by a gas station and grabbing junk to eat. I'd rather go hungry for a little while!

I feel a little less bloated today and I wonder if my body is back in ketosis yet. I'm sure I kicked myself out when I ate the sugar-free candy on Wednesday morning, and it usually takes a min of 2 days for my body to get back in the swing of things. Heck, just going from low carb to VLC when I started stillmans, it took 4-5 DAYS for my strips to start turning pink.

I'll admit that I'm bummed today. My skin is going through an icky period (ugly breakouts on my face and back) and my jeans (which were beginning to fit nicely last week) are tight again. Also, many people have asked me what I'm doing for Halloween and the answer is NOTHING! No one has invited me out. The group I normally go places with is generally organized by the friend I'm no longer in good standing with. Because he hasn't contacted me, I don't know what they're planning or where they're going. Unfortunately, the others in this circle are not my close friends (we only socialize when we're with the group), so it's not like I could just go with them. I'm thinking about calling my sweet but drugged-out cousin to see what his friends are doing- maybe I could tag along with them. I just want to get out of the house, especially since I've basically lost my closest friend this past week (totally his fault, but does that really matter?).
Old 10-29-2010, 10:56 AM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Also, I am behind on my school work (I should be doing it right now, but I can't seem to) and I start my overnight job next Wednesday. God, I hate working and going to school at the same time- it really is too much.

And while I'm in pity-party mode, can I complain for a second? It's just getting to me that some people (especially younger guys) can eat so damn much (even high sugar, high carb) food, yet their weight stays stable. For me, if I eat even 200 calories more than I need for a day, I gain (scale-based) weight overnight. And, God forbid, if I overeat (even on low carb) for 3-5 days I will gain NOTICEABLE weight. WTH. Just WTH.

My body is soooo sensitive to everything. I already mentioned my bad skin, and how I breakout like crazy if I eat sugar. Well, I'm pretty sure maltitol has the same impact on my blood sugar because I woke up with brand new ugly dots all over the damn place. I'll admit, I get insanely jealous when I look at the thin girls at my uni who bring bags of candy to eat during lectures DAILY. It's not the candy I'm envious of (thank God for the lack of cravings on Stillmans) it's how their bodies maintain balance EASILY. I feel like everyday I'm fighting an intense battle, while they just get to be young and careless. I'm only 22! Why do I not get a time of carelessness? Why is my body so difficult? Why do I have to get up an hour earlier than everyone else so I can slap makeup on my blotchy skin? IT FREAKING SUCKS!!!!

Sorry about the rant, but I really needed to blow off some steam...
Old 10-29-2010, 11:36 AM   #479
Major LCF Poster!

emky, you go ahead and vent here...that's much better than drowning your frustrations in a bag of doritos!!
Those skinny girls you see...it will hit them sooner or later...who really knows how they stay so slim...hopefully they aren't practicing destructive habits to do that.

It's hard being a woman and trying to "get off sugar"...hormones make things all the more difficult....hang in there... sounds like you have a whole lot on your plate during this time of your life...you need to have some "emky time"...
Old 10-29-2010, 11:39 AM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

I hit 160 this morning. When I started back in June...160 seemed so far away...and such an impossibility. Now I'm being incredibly bold and setting my goal at 145. If I could stay between 145 and 150...that would ROCK!!

I'm still a bit in shock!

I've had 4 eggs and 2 cups of coffee today...