Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 10:49 PM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
NO carbs.. O yeah.. No cookies.. O Yeah. . No chip. . O Yeah . I love meat. the very good treat.. .the magical retreat! Lets hear it for meat!!! Go Meat!!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2010, 06:20 AM   #422
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susan$$
Stats: now: 160 (estimate)/120
WOE: stillman's
Start Date: restarting 18 April 2011
BACK ON IT!!! (AGAIN)

I have been on and off this eating plan for a long time. I have just moved back to the UK from the Middle East. This time I am determined.

What I find really interesting about this plan is the ongoing cottage cheese debate. I love the stuff and have just eaten it . However, I have just had full fat which has 6.1gs of fat per 100g.

Sometimes I do eat the very low fat sort which has 1.5gs fat per 100g. However, I think if you had 250gs of cottage cheese for Breakfast, lunch and dinner you would lose. THe calories would be just under 900. I do think this diet is actually quite calorie dependent. I lose fast with fish but it's not practical in the office for lunch and you have more prep involved.

Wish you all luck and big losses. Pls come back and tell me about your cottage cheese experiences......

Running tonight. Exercise is important when you sit all day at a desk.
Susan$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 164/147.6/145 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Stillman's again
Start Date: This time around...October 6, 2014
Just popping in to say Hi! I am gonna try to shake things up a bit with JUDD but my Stillies gals will always be on my mind. I hope you don't mind me checking in from time to time.

I was with you gals for a full year - off and on - and I don't want to move on completely

I am so proud of becky!!!! WOOHOOO!!! She is a testimony to QWL just like so many of you gals!! Keep up the good work!!

To all you NEWBIES - this board is awesome! Great ladies/gent and lots of support and encouragement!

I will be checking in every so often
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:46 AM   #424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Sorry to be AWOL......spent yesterday closing in the back porch. Winter sucks. We have had snow already and yeaterday it was almost 70F outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
AL, I hope today finds you feeling better! You've been sick way too long!!
I woke up to a TWO POUND LOSS this morning!!! Yippy Tie-YAY!!!
Maybe letting go of the CO was what I needed...who knows...
47 pounds gone!! Wahooooo!!
WTG girl!!!!!!! I hafta agree, the CO was just extra calories and a hot flash for me. No thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Hi Stillman Skinnies,
I'm in and starting today.....
in to win! at losing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mscina22 View Post
Hello all...
I'm starting Stillmans monday..looking forward to the challenge and w loss!
go girl! you will love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
CC! Do you think new shoes will give me the Umpfff I need? Boots? Yeppers.. boots it shall be. . I need me some. . NOW
oh yeah, baby, boots are da bomb! Feeling good about yourself will propel you to greater heights!

I saw a piece on the news last night about the minimalist life. Living with less than 100 possessions. Crap, I couldn't live with less than 100 pairs of shoesand I refuse to do so.

Quote:
OK... The only thing I can say (again) is that carbs are not worth it. . I guess I wasn't strong enough or committed enough to stick with it. I packed eggs/tuna but that just didn't seem to satisfy while the french fries invaded my nostrils.. I'm embarrassed to admit.. I ate a lot. . so much so that I was miserable the whole way home. Everyone else slept cuz it was 1:00 In the morning. . while I suffered with Carb - o- bloat! OMG. . .finally got to bed at 5:00 this morning and still felt like crapola. . only to wake up and eat more. . I have got to get this under control .. I cannot let this go on. . those 25 pounds will be back in no time flat and I know this. . Too easy to feel like crap and too easy to throw in the towel.. If I don't get it this time, I will forever leave LCF .. cuz I hate the fact that I am bringing anyone else down.. my only saving grace is I hope I can inspire someone who is thinking about cheating. . SO NOT WORTH IT. Really.. as soon as I've cheated, I remember how awful it feels... Nothing. . and I repeat. .Nothing. . tastes as good as thin feels.. I watched all the hard bodies walk by me yesterday and kept reminding myself.. I am worth it. . I do care and I can do this.. .So with little else. . I resign myself to the fact that. .it is time. .I can do this and so can you!!
forgive and move on. And if you leave LCF I will hunt you down and beat you with a giant turkey leg. You have accomplished so much and inspired others to forge ahead, honestly girl, you are one of our founding mothers and we need you!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
A big encouragement for me. Yesterday I started,, and today down 2 pounds. But the body is already telling me, fiber or else. I hated to do it but I took a 5 carb drink of metamucil. Well I wonder if anyone else has a solution to the constipation problem with straight meat?
2 magnesium tabs 1X/day keeps things moving right along.

Quote:
Hey guys...Challenge time! for those who aren't exercising.. (and you know who you are). can we try for 10 minutes today? could be as simple as walking down the street.. taking an extra lap around the mall.. taking the stairs (3 times) intead of the elevator? I just read an article that claims women who do at least 10 minutes a day . .have less chance of suffering from demenia than those who don't. . so why would we take the chance?

Do a check list for yourself today:

Vitamins - check
Water - check
Meat - Check
Breakfast - check . .yes it's important!
6 small meals - check
10 measly minutes of exercise - check
hugs - check
more water - check
LCF - double check

Come on . let's make this the first day of the rest of our new lives. .

I'm on a live-it.. how about you?
now THAT'S more like it!

Vitamins - nope
Water - 16z so far-lame, I know
Meat - Check
Breakfast - check . .yes it's important!
6 small meals - about 4
10 measly minutes of exercise - 45 min 2 mile jog, check
hugs - check
more water - okay okay I'm on it
LCF - double check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bphotomama3 View Post
Hey Girls!!
I just started found this board yesterday and started up Stillmans! I lost 50lbs a couple years ago on Atkins but gained most of it back after I had my daughter...UGH! So this time I am hoping to try something a little more stricker and faster and keep it off for good!!
I love seeing how supportive you all are, it's so great!!
I look forward to doing this journey with all of you!!

all aboard the meat train!

Quote:
I'm a sicko.. but I love vinegar. . just wondering if anyone else does?
whye of cawus, dahlin', da vinegah is the heart of suthun stahl cookin!
that's why hot sauce is so tasty!

all right y'all, giant roasting chik in the oven, 4 HB eggs down, 1/2 lb. ground 93/7 turkey w/hot sauce down, off to ge water!

hava gr8 day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #425
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps! I'm back!! did ye miss me!!!!!!!! I haven't had a minute to myself in the past week-work is killing me! I read your posts quickly last night but was too tired to post, oh yeah and on someone's iPhone a few days ago!! I miss you guys! Work should be calming down after next week-well fingers crossed anyway!
I am back 100% on plan since Friday (I think!) and I feel so much better, so much more in control! I've upped the exercise and bought a new toning DVD. I've been getting up at 6.30 to do some before work but after the clock changes, I hope I'll be able to keep that up!!!!!!
I am all revved up again and can't wait to shrink, shrink, shrink (like Becky!) Seriously all your success stories spur me on!!
One of my coworkers said to me the other day "oh Summer really agreed with you, you look great, so healthy". Now peeps I dunno about the US but in Ireland if ya describe someone as healthy it's kinda the same as fat--well it's not thin anyway!! Kind of a back-handed compliment!! I'm hoping it's different in Germany!!! Actually my face is definitely rounder-carb-face!! But I do kinda prefer it-it had got a bit thin looking- hope I just shrink my body and my face stays carbed-up! He!
Also I got an IPL treatment a few weeks ago to get rid of my freckles (did I ever tell yall how much I hated them!!) The pain was unreal-like wasp stings--but sooo worth it! They're not all gone but lots are! Anyway I read that it also boosts your collagen so maybe that's it too!
Now I've nothing else to report only that I was gonna get my hair cut into a very short crop--I was really looking for a change and I was never confident enough to do it before, always hid behind long hair! (it's shoulder-length and layered now and I always wear it curled--to give my face width (obsessed or what! He!) Anyway I didn't do it and I am so so glad!! I think it was all the carbs that made my brain go fuzzy. Dunno how I ever thought I would like it!!
Ok my rambling is over now!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:22 PM   #426
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Awww Gee thanks GT!!! Your stats impress me too...I can't imagine being as thin as you are!

I like your cupcake..I've noticed that I enjoy seeing carby foods...and I really enjoy carby food smells...all of these pumpkin spice autumn candles....I could almost suck them up my nose!! haha I have a coffee cake candle that is to die for! Smelling and seeing is very low carb!
Oh yeah I have been smelling chocolate candles like they're coke!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:23 PM   #427
Big Yapper!!!!

Hang in there, Ashley. Sorry you're having a bad time.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:24 PM   #428
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
Ugg, so I checked today and I'm up 1.5 lbs. I really do think it's water weight, so I'm not going to panic. I've done okay this week, and I felt like I would weigh less. Maybe next week?

I'm going to start adding some veggies back into my diet- I actually miss them. Not much- luckily I'm not a huge vegetable person anyway. Just enough to give me a little variety on my journey down the scale.

I'm a little nervous right now. I'm supposed to meet this guy at 8 tonight- we got to know each other through a mutual friend this summer/fall- and I think things will be a bit strange. He *really* wants to see me, but I'm just feeling "meh" about him. To complicate matters, our mutal friend is in love (yes IN LOVE) with me (I don't feel the same and have told him so on numerous occasions).

It's just- I'm not speaking to our mutual friend and last weekend was the first time I hung out w/ just new friend alone. Yeah, okay- we hooked up. We were both drunk, and it was fun...but I'm not sure if I want to continue seeing him. I guess I'll find out later, huh?
Hope your date went well Emky!!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:26 PM   #429
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Maybe letting go of the CO was what I needed...who knows...

47 pounds gone!! Wahooooo!!
Go you!!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:27 PM   #430
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Francis and Mscina-welcome to you both!!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #431
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
OK... .. Nothing. . and I repeat. .Nothing. . tastes as good as thin feels..
We must write this 1000 times!!!!!!!!
And you are right, you (we) are worth it! Worth looking and feeling the best that we possibly can!!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 173/180/120
WOE: Atkins72 five days/Stillmans 2 days
Start Date: November 1st, 2014
reporting a 1 pound loss for today,,,,yeeeee!

Hi CC girl. Thanks for the magnesium tip. By the way,,,we are neck and neck now!

Msgirl,, keep popping in. I want to hear how Judds works for you.

Hi Susan, I'm not doing any cottage cheese right now, just the queso cheese that is like the farmers cheese. I don't want the carbs right now. But my friggy has quite a few of them in it waiting for me when I'm ready.

I must note, I feel great and am not used to having all this energy. I may have to get up and do something

Frances
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:33 PM   #433
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
IM, you sound like you are ready to be on a winning streak! That attitude is contagious!!
Deffy!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:34 PM   #434
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

The better news is I finally got enough sleep. Went to bed early and dreamed those pounds away ..they say a good nights sleep will help with weight loss..
Finally!!!!! Good for you!!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:36 PM   #435
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Dustin! I miss you.. check in, guy! I want the full report. . OK. I deserve a full report. .
Yeah come back Dustin--we really miss you!!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #436
Big Yapper!!!!

Al-glad you're feeling a bit better--hope it continues. I really miss it when you don't check in!! We need you around here!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #437
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan$$ View Post
I have been on and off this eating plan for a long time. I have just moved back to the UK from the Middle East. This time I am determined.

What I find really interesting about this plan is the ongoing cottage cheese debate.

S.
Hi Susan!! Cottage cheese Tried it a few months ago for the first time--I nearly threw up!!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:41 PM   #438
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
Just popping in to say Hi! I am gonna try to shake things up a bit with JUDD but my Stillies gals will always be on my mind. I hope you don't mind me checking in from time to time.

I was with you gals for a full year - off and on - and I don't want to move on completely

I am so proud of becky!!!! WOOHOOO!!! She is a testimony to QWL just like so many of you gals!! Keep up the good work!!

To all you NEWBIES - this board is awesome! Great ladies/gent and lots of support and encouragement!

Hi Msgirl!! We love when you check-in!! Noooo pleeeeease don't leave us!! We're losing too many!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:44 PM   #439
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh the minimalist life is not for me!! I have dreamed of it--ya know a nice capsule wardrobe of neutral colours....but then I think...a world without PINK?????? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #440
Big Yapper!!!!

I was just looking at a magazine with pictures of Kelly Osbourne. OMG that girl shrinks in every photo!! She looks amazing!! Sooo thin!! She has a teeny tiny waist and non-existent hips!! Jealous, moi???? I'm seriously thinking of making a collage of photos of her for motivation!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 03:31 PM   #441
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bphotomama3
Stats: 217/215/160
Start Date: April 17, 2011
Day 3 and down 3lbs!!! Yay!!

I am getting scared though because Halloween is coming and I am a chocoholic! UGH!! I have 3 kiddos who want to go trick or treating.... oh boy maybe I should have hubby lock up the candy so it is out of sight and reach of me! Anyone eles in the same boat??
Bphotomama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:51 PM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Good evening everyone! Second day of 8 hour meetings and I'm dying. .I just can't stand sitting still that long. made up for it by eating two big, huge juicy pork chops when I got home. . feelign much better now!

GT Missed you bunches. . Yep I noticed the K Osburne thing too.. she does look great and has a sparkle to her now. . I want that sparkle. .check that. . I will get that sparkle!

3 pounds is what I'm talkin about BP!!!

MS. .what the heck is Judd..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 173/180/120
WOE: Atkins72 five days/Stillmans 2 days
Start Date: November 1st, 2014
[QUOTE=Bphotomama3;14034134]Day 3 and down 3lbs!!! Yay!!

Great job Bphotomama3,,,,,,,,

Last edited by It'stime; 10-27-2010 at 06:07 PM..
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/173/160 5'5"
Quote:
Becky you are so my inspiration!! Looking at your stats I am at where you started and want to be at your current weight again! Good job girl!!
Oh thank you BP!! This plan will work, IF you work the plan! I'm amazed at the results! You are gonna ROCK on Stillmans!
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #445
Major LCF Poster!

I'm sending you them feelins!! You've inspired me over and over...those jeans WILL get looser...much to the dismay of your hubby!

Quote:
Welcome BP.. You will love this group. . The support is awesome no matter what you are doing. .good bad or indifferent. . Mostly they kick you in the butt and get you in gear. . (and I need that right now).

Made it through day 2 Al!! I can say. .I am happy to say I am ahead of you. . .Hehehehe. . not for long but I ' m gonna enjoy it while i can. .I'm winning. . I'm winning. .I'm winning. . Wanna race? (Sorry. just a little "punked" for you. . ever watch it? that was one of my favorite episodes.. )

Becky. . while you sleep tonight. . make sure to send some of those great "feelins" Im2's way. . K? I need it. . My jeans still fit. . but my "tight" jeans are really, really tight. .hubby likes em but I hate 'em. . . (The feeling not the look!!!)
Old 10-27-2010, 08:33 PM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

Yep, when I feel secure enough to add some carbs back in, I will definitely be asking for help and advice!

I've not cooked in vinegar...one day I'm going to try the hot sauce too...

Quote:
Beck. . just say no to those bad carbs.. I think when you are ready. . natural carbs from veggies are your best bet. . no cravings and you can transition to them slowly and it feels like a whole new world opens up.. I'm having a blast incorporating my 2 cups a day. . I decided I never gave it a fair shot last time (although I promised.. my bad. .). . I'm gonna try it again. . If I don't get them in, I don't fret but sometimes that salad or beans or brocolli or cucumber.. makes all the difference in the world. . I've been eating them with vinegar or hot sauce. . no dressing! I know plain is the way to go but sometimes a little flavor goes a long way. .

Has anyone tried to cook anything in vinegar? Like in a marinade or something. I find that I really like the flavor but never thought about putting it on my meat. . It is actually quit good sprinkled on plain ole dried chicken. . I love spice/sour soup and that has a ton of vinegar. . I suppose I could take to drinking pickle juice again but the sodium would kill me. . hehehe
Old 10-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

I want to hear how that works for you msgirl! Don't stop posting here!! We all have to adjust and tweak from time to time to shake things up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post

Old 10-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

Yay for you BP!! That's great! You will be so proud of yourself if you resist the halloween candy. It might taste good for about 5 minutes...and then you would regret it...it would set you back...so not worth it!!
When your clothes start getting looser...THAT will feel better than that candy will taste.

AND remember all the bad stuff sugar does in your body...it's truly amazing...we not only do not need that sugar...we will be in better health without it!!

Quote:
Day 3 and down 3lbs!!! Yay!!

I am getting scared though because Halloween is coming and I am a chocoholic! UGH!! I have 3 kiddos who want to go trick or treating.... oh boy maybe I should have hubby lock up the candy so it is out of sight and reach of me! Anyone eles in the same boat??
Old 10-27-2010, 08:38 PM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

I show weight big time in my face too...matter of fact, if I was one of those who always had a skinny face, I probably wouldn't care so much what my butt looks like...so it's a good thing I show it in my face! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi peeps! I'm back!! did ye miss me!!!!!!!! I haven't had a minute to myself in the past week-work is killing me! I read your posts quickly last night but was too tired to post, oh yeah and on someone's iPhone a few days ago!! I miss you guys! Work should be calming down after next week-well fingers crossed anyway!
I am back 100% on plan since Friday (I think!) and I feel so much better, so much more in control! I've upped the exercise and bought a new toning DVD. I've been getting up at 6.30 to do some before work but after the clock changes, I hope I'll be able to keep that up!!!!!!
I am all revved up again and can't wait to shrink, shrink, shrink (like Becky!) Seriously all your success stories spur me on!!
One of my coworkers said to me the other day "oh Summer really agreed with you, you look great, so healthy". Now peeps I dunno about the US but in Ireland if ya describe someone as healthy it's kinda the same as fat--well it's not thin anyway!! Kind of a back-handed compliment!! I'm hoping it's different in Germany!!! Actually my face is definitely rounder-carb-face!! But I do kinda prefer it-it had got a bit thin looking- hope I just shrink my body and my face stays carbed-up! He!
Also I got an IPL treatment a few weeks ago to get rid of my freckles (did I ever tell yall how much I hated them!!) The pain was unreal-like wasp stings--but sooo worth it! They're not all gone but lots are! Anyway I read that it also boosts your collagen so maybe that's it too!
Now I've nothing else to report only that I was gonna get my hair cut into a very short crop--I was really looking for a change and I was never confident enough to do it before, always hid behind long hair! (it's shoulder-length and layered now and I always wear it curled--to give my face width (obsessed or what! He!) Anyway I didn't do it and I am so so glad!! I think it was all the carbs that made my brain go fuzzy. Dunno how I ever thought I would like it!!
Ok my rambling is over now!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:31 AM   #450
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Girlies!!!

GT- Glad to see you back! I bet you looked cute with those freckles, but I would probably do the same if I had em. Good job sticking to plan and not chopping the hair off! i made a huge mistaqke a few weeks back and there is nothing I can do about it, but wait wait wait for it to grow!!! Problem is, its long on top and short in back, so as the back grows its gonna turn into a mullet- ahahaha. Gonna have to keep trimming it til everything else catches up! So glad to see you back!

So I stuck to plan and the results are in. changing stats from 131 to 127. I have a feeling Ive got my willpower back. Nothing is gonna stop me from getting to goal. Not even the halloween candy- bleck. Sooo not worth it, for that quick high and long crash and added 5 pounds for no reason..

Is it possible to catch a cold when you have a cold?Started coughing again last night! Im seriously sick of being sick!!! My ears are still blocked and I have to go back to work tomorrow. ugh. I havent been to work since 10/10. Thats crazy...2 weeks + vacation down the drain. Plus all the $$ wasted at the drs...

I feel so bad that I havent been around. still trying to get into the swing of things and feel like normal again. wishing everyone the best!!! You girls are doing great!! I promise I'll be back full force, soon enough!!

Big hugs!!!!

Oh, almost forgot- Ive been eating ground turkey and 2 eggs a day. Im cooking the eggs with a little Pam, and leaving the yolks a bit runny. its really good!!! (Im the one that never ate eggs on QWL) but times are changing!!! Also, Im still on coffee, CL and lots of meds. Now that Im back on meat, Im sure to get my health back!!!!

More big hugs!!! BBL
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote