Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 09:06 PM   #391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
OMG.. Beck.. you are the incredible shrinking woman. . You deserve a huge CONGRATULATIONS! You have got to be feeling like a winner! scratch that. . you are a winner. . Go. . go.. Go.. What an inspiration. . Make us a promise. .you will not leave until you are at goal. Promise? we shall hold you to it. . for you and for me . .Whew. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2010, 09:07 PM   #392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ms! Congrats on your new way of life! You will love these peeps. . they are the best. . stick by you through thick and thin..
Old 10-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CC! Do you think new shoes will give me the Umpfff I need? Boots? Yeppers.. boots it shall be. . I need me some. . NOW
Old 10-24-2010, 09:16 PM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK... The only thing I can say (again) is that carbs are not worth it. . Long day yesterday. . I walked over 22,000 steps but I ate my way through the whole park. . I really dont' know why except that I didn't ride anything.. the lines were incredibly long. (3 hour wait for anything good). . the weather was nice (sweatshirt material).. but the food was everywhere. . I guess I wasn't strong enough or committed enough to stick with it. I packed eggs/tuna but that just didn't seem to satisfy while the french fries invaded my nostrils.. I'm embarrassed to admit.. I ate a lot. . so much so that I was miserable the whole way home. Everyone else slept cuz it was 1:00 In the morning. . while I suffered with Carb - o- bloat! OMG. . .finally got to bed at 5:00 this morning and still felt like crapola. . only to wake up and eat more. . I have got to get this under control .. I cannot let this go on. . those 25 pounds will be back in no time flat and I know this. . Too easy to feel like crap and too easy to throw in the towel.. If I don't get it this time, I will forever leave LCF .. cuz I hate the fact that I am bringing anyone else down.. my only saving grace is I hope I can inspire someone who is thinking about cheating. . SO NOT WORTH IT. Really.. as soon as I've cheated, I remember how awful it feels... Nothing. . and I repeat. .Nothing. . tastes as good as thin feels.. I watched all the hard bodies walk by me yesterday and kept reminding myself.. I am worth it. . I do care and I can do this.. .So with little else. . I resign myself to the fact that. .it is time. .I can do this and so can you!!
Old 10-24-2010, 09:17 PM   #395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nighty, Nite.. My friends.. Lets have the losing-est day ever! I'm going to compliment someone tomorrow. I'm going to move a little bit more. I will wear my pedometer.. I will remember to smile and I will only eat meat!!! I Love Monday. . my new beginning. ..
Old 10-25-2010, 01:42 AM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 173/180/120
WOE: Atkins72 five days/Stillmans 2 days
Start Date: November 1st, 2014
Hi IM2fat,

I see your at 153,,,,I can't wait to see the scale say that to me. It's been sooooo many years.

Welcome to Mscina 22,,,,,we are gonna do this all the way. I'm gonna try to stay on the QWL for a month. Don't forget vitamins,,,,,
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:24 AM   #397
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Good Morning!

BECKY- OMG!!! Your stats are great!!!

IM2- Lets call it a do over. I'll be starting today!! All I can say is I hope we have what it takes to get there this time, once and for all! Im rootin for ya! I put on so much weight...its horrible.. the hardest part about today is going to be able to stay away from the huge bag of apples that hubby brought home....so, lets keep each bite a clean bite and we will be happy for it a few days from now. Until then, I may be grouchy and miserable..

gonna try to get down some ground turkey today. meat is the last thing i have been wanting since I got sick. Have to go back to the doctor today because my ears are still blocked. everything else is working again, I just cant hear!!!!

and on a side note, perhaps I would have never caught the flu had I been on my healthy meat kick. thats it! Carbs made me weak and made me get sick! blah! Carbs stink!

Welcome new members!!! Stillmans is the way to go to get the pounds off quick! Be strict, eat meat, be happy and the results will follow!!!

Hope everyone else is well!!! Have a great day!!!

and one more time... Becky. CONGRATS!!! You are awesome, Im so happy for you!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:28 AM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsMo30
Stats: 279/275/135
WOE: Atkins/Induction
Start Date: 10.10.10
Thanks guys!
My plan is to stay on until Thanksgiving...then transition into atkins induction...
I've got my lean meats, eggs and vitamins...ready to go!
MsMo30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just a quick shout out. . I'm armed and ready. . .Look out world. . .Im2 . . will be. . ImNot!!! Let's goo. .
Old 10-25-2010, 10:34 AM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

A big encouragement for me. Yesterday I started,, and today down 2 pounds. But the body is already telling me, fiber or else. I hated to do it but I took a 5 carb drink of metamucil. Well I wonder if anyone else has a solution to the constipation problem with straight meat?
Old 10-25-2010, 08:28 PM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/174/160 5'5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Hi Stillman Skinnies,
I'm in and starting today.....
Welcome It'stime!!! I've never had this much success with a plan before! And I've been on A LOT of plans! : )

I am free from carbs...and hope to stay here!

I look forward to hearing about your story!
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:45 PM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

IM, you sound like you are ready to be on a winning streak! That attitude is contagious!! Thank you for the compliments...I feel like a new person...so many aches and pains are gone. I don't know if it was the carbs making me feel bad or carrying the extra weight...but I feel sooooo much better!

I think I'd like to shoot for 150 as a goal...but if it takes awhile that's ok. It's been so long since I've been this small...I could never leave this group...I couldn't have had this success without it!

Mscina, welcome!!! I hope you love Stillman's as much as I do!!!

AL, I'm glad you are getting better...gotta get those ears better... Thanks for the congrats...

Folks it's posts like this one from AL that helped sustain me...
"Welcome new members!!! Stillmans is the way to go to get the pounds off quick! Be strict, eat meat, be happy and the results will follow!!! "

Also at the end of all of AL's posts are the simple Stillman's rules. That helped me a lot to see it over and over! Keep is Simple!!!

It'stime, about the fiber thing...i've found with eating meat, I just don't "go" that often...and I'm ok with that. I've read a lot of other VLC'ers who say the same. There's a lot of different thoughts about the need our body has for fiber...

When eating mainly meat, I find I'm not bloated, gassy...no indigestion...I may have a BM every 2, 3, maybe even on the fourth day...but it's not a problem...I feel so great... I guess you need to do whatever you feel is best for your body... Michael Eades has a nice blog article about the way our society freaks out unecessarily about fiber...I read it on LCF...somehwere! : )
Old 10-25-2010, 08:50 PM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Today I had

coffee w/davinci's w/cream

2 boiled eggs

swiss steak (hubby grilled a bunch and I keep it stored in the fridge as a grab and go...)

coffee w/davinci's w/cream

and a PorterHouse steak for supper

pumpkin spice coffee w/ davinci's w/cream

(I probably need to cut back on that cream...OMW, it's good! )

I drink lots of water throughout the day. Sometimes if I go to a restaurant, I'll drink diet coke...and about once every week or two I might go through Sonic and get a diet Dr. Pepper

Last edited by becky123abc; 10-25-2010 at 08:51 PM..
Old 10-26-2010, 04:10 AM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning fellow Stillmanites..

Had a better day yesterday.. even though I took my boy out for a long overdue Birthday Dinner. We went to one of those places where they grill in front of you. . I can report. I was good, good, good! At least. . as good as I could be. . had rib eye, chicken more rib eye and more chicken. mixed with a few onion, green pepper and celery. The only stray was they added some Teriyaki sauce. .Not exacty protocol but close enough for me! Today is gonna be tuna, chicken and boiled eggs. . strict! I stepped on the scale for a very brief moment this morning and Uggg. I'm not even going to go there today. .too depressing. .

The better news is I finally got enough sleep. Went to bed early and dreamed those pounds away ..they say a good nights sleep will help with weight loss..

working on just getting that "feeling" back . you know the one. .where you are in the zone and you are happy to be doing so well. . The becky feeling.. ya. .that's it!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 05:05 AM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey guys...Challenge time! for those who aren't exercising.. (and you know who you are). can we try for 10 minutes today? could be as simple as walking down the street.. taking an extra lap around the mall.. taking the stairs (3 times) intead of the elevator? I just read an article that claims women who do at least 10 minutes a day . .have less chance of suffering from demenia than those who don't. . so why would we take the chance?

Do a check list for yourself today:

Vitamins - check
Water - check
Meat - Check
Breakfast - check . .yes it's important!
6 small meals - check
10 measly minutes of exercise - check
hugs - check
more water - check
LCF - double check

Come on . let's make this the first day of the rest of our new lives. .

I'm on a live-it.. how about you?
Old 10-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Wow IM2fat, You are locked and loaded and ready to rock and roll. My inspiration.

Yes I awoke this morning thinking, why not a little exercise. So I'm aiming for the 10 minutes. I feel good, I lost 2 more pounds. Yeeee!

Becky, How long have you been able to stick with this straight meat?

I'm trying to find a best way to add fiber for me, because I get issues with the potty time. So I'm gonna try adding 2 tbl. of flax to some eggs and tuna and make me a muffin. That's only 4 gms of carb and from what I hear the fiber practically cancels that out. Plus all the health benefits of flax.

I am very pumped about this. I have the stillmans book and just read the QWL part. He is so funny with some of the things he says.

Frances
Old 10-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Aleriaaa,
You are so close to goal, congratulations.

Mcina22, How are you doing?
Old 10-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK . Peeps! I'm bummed. . here I was all anxious to check in and see what everyone has been up to and nothing! What the heck? Where is everyone. .Hey Time. . . I'm so glad you are here and that you were able to up the challenge. .I haven't had the opportunity yet today as i just got out of a 6 hour meeting marathon. . ugg. . but I am happy to report. .I stayed away from those wonderful looking peanut butter cookies with the big huge hershey kiss and the potato chips and the pretzels and the donuts and muffins. .that's not to say I didn't down 4 bottles of flavored water, one diet Pepsi. .and one Fruit2-0 but I call that a success. .no carbs and I'm eating my meat leftover from lunch. .!! Yay me. .

I plan to re-weigh tomorrow . .I just refuse to face facts right now. .
Old 10-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #409
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
working on just getting that "feeling" back . you know the one. .where you are in the zone and you are happy to be doing so well. . The becky feeling.. ya. .that's it!!!
I want the "becky feeling" too!!!

So, Im a bit late to the party again, but i survived day one! (day one being today - oops) but woohoo anyway! nothing but coffee, ground turkey, CL, and lots of antibiotics and antihistimines!!!

I cant wait to get back to normal, get back to stats, and get back to health!!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #410
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Hi Aleriaaa,
You are so close to goal, congratulations.
Thanks, but in all honesty, Im a bit father away.... weighed in at 131 today. I'm gonna change stats now.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:01 PM   #411
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
When eating mainly meat, I find I'm not bloated, gassy...no indigestion...I may have a BM every 2, 3, maybe even on the fourth day...but it's not a problem...I feel so great...
I absolutely agree to this! there have been times I would go once a week, and I never felt better and saved lots of $$ on tp....
Old 10-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I absolutely agree to this! there have been times I would go once a week, and I never felt better and saved lots of $$ on tp....
Lol!!!! Yes STillman's is saving us boocoodles!! TP, and carby junk...lol

I've been pretty strict since starting...and I"m not sure what would happen if I strayed. That scares me pretty badly!

I'm about to go to a dinner with my hubby...I'm filled up with water, meat and coffee...so I don't think Ill eat anything they serve unless it's clean meat.

There are two cakes here at the house...one is chocolate and one is birthday (DS turned 11) But I know I would feel like crap if I partook...
Old 10-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #413
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bphotomama3
Stats: 217/215/160
Start Date: April 17, 2011
Newbie here!

Hey Girls!!
I just started found this board yesterday and started up Stillmans! I lost 50lbs a couple years ago on Atkins but gained most of it back after I had my daughter...UGH! So this time I am hoping to try something a little more stricker and faster and keep it off for good!!
I love seeing how supportive you all are, it's so great!!
I look forward to doing this journey with all of you!!
Bphotomama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:00 PM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, I've never heard it put that way, but saving money on TP, sounds great to me! More money to spend on meat and saving the trees all at the same time.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #415
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bphotomama3
Stats: 217/215/160
Start Date: April 17, 2011
Becky you are so my inspiration!! Looking at your stats I am at where you started and want to be at your current weight again! Good job girl!!
Bphotomama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome BP.. You will love this group. . The support is awesome no matter what you are doing. .good bad or indifferent. . Mostly they kick you in the butt and get you in gear. . (and I need that right now).

Made it through day 2 Al!! I can say. .I am happy to say I am ahead of you. . .Hehehehe. . not for long but I ' m gonna enjoy it while i can. .I'm winning. . I'm winning. .I'm winning. . Wanna race? (Sorry. just a little "punked" for you. . ever watch it? that was one of my favorite episodes.. )

Becky. . while you sleep tonight. . make sure to send some of those great "feelins" Im2's way. . K? I need it. . My jeans still fit. . but my "tight" jeans are really, really tight. .hubby likes em but I hate 'em. . . (The feeling not the look!!!)
Old 10-26-2010, 07:10 PM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Beck. . just say no to those bad carbs.. I think when you are ready. . natural carbs from veggies are your best bet. . no cravings and you can transition to them slowly and it feels like a whole new world opens up.. I'm having a blast incorporating my 2 cups a day. . I decided I never gave it a fair shot last time (although I promised.. my bad. .). . I'm gonna try it again. . If I don't get them in, I don't fret but sometimes that salad or beans or brocolli or cucumber.. makes all the difference in the world. . I've been eating them with vinegar or hot sauce. . no dressing! I know plain is the way to go but sometimes a little flavor goes a long way. .

Has anyone tried to cook anything in vinegar? Like in a marinade or something. I find that I really like the flavor but never thought about putting it on my meat. . It is actually quit good sprinkled on plain ole dried chicken. . I love spice/sour soup and that has a ton of vinegar. . I suppose I could take to drinking pickle juice again but the sodium would kill me. . hehehe
Old 10-26-2010, 08:29 PM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Welcome mama3,
Inspire us!

Im2fat r u trying to incorporate the vinegar for it's health benefit or just flavor. I been hearing of all the benefits of ACV and have decided to just doing 1 tbls. with some water. Then brush teeth, so as to keep the enamel on my teeth. Well anyway, I think I'll try putting some on food too

Last edited by It'stime; 10-26-2010 at 08:38 PM..
Old 10-26-2010, 09:37 PM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm a sicko.. but I love vinegar. . just wondering if anyone else does?
Old 10-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dustin! I miss you.. check in, guy! I want the full report. . OK. I deserve a full report. .