Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
Haven't been on in a day or two- still doing well. Have not weighed myself in a while- I don't feel like I've lost any more weight this week (mostly due to eating more). I'm also retaining water like a mother-f'er. I might hop on the scale tomorrow though- just to get an idea of where I am.

Let's see, what's new? I got a job- I start training the wednesday after next. It's overnight, so I will be super tired going between class and the 8 hour shifts required. I wish I didn't have to work while doing school full-time, but I have to pay my next-semester bill (after loans) somehow.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
OMG OMG you said MF on the airpotty mouth like me!!!!!!!!!!

WTG on the job tho-Lord knows there ain't a lot of 'em out there
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2010, 06:25 PM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Ok emky and CC, y'all are crackin' me up tonight!

I don't know if it's psychological or real...but I've been so lethargic today! I came home and took a 1 and 1/2 nap...I rarely nap...but I was so tired today. I'm wondering if it was me missing the CO...or maybe it's just been a long week.

I'm hoping to see a loss in the morning but not feeling very hopeful. Yesterday I mentioned the fact that I have belly fat...I found the proper term for it... "pannus" ... there are some out of this world gross pics of people who have extra large pannuses...(gosh, that sounds bad, doesn't it??)

Well, for hte past two days...my tummy has felt uncomfortable there...it's like the flabby skin is pulling down, I don't even know how to describe it. I really feel it when I'm driving.

I hope things tighten up...i don't like the feeling. That's how it felt when I was really fat...so it makes me feel like I'm really fat again.

Gross, huh???

Well, in the whole scheme of things it's not that big of a deal...I'm just whining a little...

I'm thankful tomorrow is Friday!!! The weeks are flying by....

Love to all my STilly friends!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #363
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Hey gang, I'm sorry I have been silent again. I don't have access to a computer but this weekend I'll post. And catch up on what is happening with everyone! I promise!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:59 AM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Maybe that can be your sons' teams "secret weapon" - TUNA BREATH....just give the front line a package of tuna right before game time - they can breathe on the opponents and momentarily distract them

I can see the headlines now "Somethings FISHY with IM2's (insert real team name) sons Team as the win BIG over xyz Team"
IM2fat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:09 AM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Spending my day cleaning and catching up on paperwork. Then I have to run to the store and get stuff for our little trip tomorrow. I plan to take a cooler full of meat!!!

Becky: about the belly stuff. . I recall we had a conversation some time ago about that very thing. I think Gwn was experiencing it. . I thought the CO is what she did for it but I think she got sick, sick, sick. . .I don't know. . but isn't if funny. .we lose weight and start to feel better about ourselves and then it is so easy to slip right back into that comfort zone. Is it that we are truly happy when we are miserable? I think not, but why is it so darn easy to go back there. . I've really been struggling with emotions, feelings, . .food. . .and life in general. . I really feel like there are days when all I do is work, run, work some more and clean. ... this is temporary, right? I know I'll miss it someday. (just like I miss the days I used to be able to stay out all night and sleep half the day! Never again!!!!)

OK. gotta get back to work.. what else?
Old 10-22-2010, 09:19 AM   #366
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Im2: I hear ya! So true. I think we all feel that way at times. It's good to hear someone put it into words. Hang in there, though!

Becky: I know when I was doing the VCO every day I had lots of energy. Maybe you are right. Your body just has to adjust. Hey, maybe we need to buy Spanx for the belly fat thing. Have you ever tried them? I have not but would love to hear if any one else has. Since I retired I don't ever, ever even wear panty hose! If Spanx feel tight and squishy I probably couldn't stand them!

How did it get to be Friday already????? I have so much to do to get ready for this weekend. I feel like all I've been doing is running here and there, working out, trying to catch up, hamster in a wheel, lol.

I will probably be MIA here for a few days just because I won't have time to jump in. My BGF is coming to spend the weekend and I'm looking forward to that. Gotta clean and prepare the guestroom. I was taking the sheets off the bed in there to wash them yesterday and noticed the wicker trash container in the corner. No one ever uses it so I hardly ever check it. It's more of a decoration.

Surprise! It was full of rolled up dirty disposable diapers!!! I thought I smelled something funny but couldn't put my finger on where it was coming from!!! Ha! I was laughing about it on the phone w/ DD and she said, "Sorry, Ma!! When we were there last week for a few days I forgot to empty it!!!"

No worries. Just funny.

We don't have garbage pick up here in the boonies so I have to make a dump run once a week and today's the day. It's my most unfavorite job. Especially when I clean all the old yuck out of the fridge like I did yesterday. Gotta fill up the trunk in my nice clean car with stinky trash and drive all the way to the county dump and recycling center. Definitely not in the mood!!!

This is the weekend we will get to see the Fab Four with a couple of friends. I'm looking forward to that. Alas it involves dinner out. Then we have a brunch to attend and I'm taking BGF out to our club to celebrate her birthday. I eat out waaaaaaay too much. It's much harder to resist temptation and control content when at a restaurant!

OK, I'm rambling. Just trying to avoid all the work that I have to get to!!!

Now the phone is ringing. Gotta go!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:29 AM   #367
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps!! I've been lurking for a couple of days-felt too miserable to post!! He! I'm back at work-yuk! I'm missing my DF like mad. And to top it all off, I weighed this morning-I swore I wouldn't!!! And just lets say it wasn't good-like 12lbs over stats not good. It's my own fault, I know. But I feel crap about it. I swore I would never put the weight back on and I meant it. I wasn't really that bad with the food, but I suppose it was all the extras, they all add up!! And I did exercise-well up untill last week. i really thought exercise was the key to maintaining but it's only half the battle. And you know what I can feel every last pound. I def feel it in my waist and I really feel my thighs are bigger, tho maybe I'm imagining that!!! My "lovely" coworker said to me today-oh you look different, have you done something to your hair? Are your eyes bluer???(!!!!) I'm wondering was she really wanting to say you've put on weight!!!
I stated strict Stillman's today so I'm prob having carb withdrawal!! Ignore me , I'm just in a stinky mood!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:32 AM   #368
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post

but isn't if funny. .we lose weight and start to feel better about ourselves and then it is so easy to slip right back into that comfort zone.
:
Oh yeah, I hear ya!!!!! And then we feel bad all over again!!!!!!!

It's not even funny---but it's either laugh or cry---and I pick laughing every time!!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #369
Big Yapper!!!!

Becky, I'm just looking at your stats--they are truly inspiring!!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #370
Big Yapper!!!!

Sharon, Saying a prayer for your Dad. He really is having a tough time of it lately.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #371
Big Yapper!!!!

Al--you poor thing. So sorry you're sick. Get better soon---and get baclk to LCF--it's not the same without you. I miss the old gang. Come back peeps!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #372
Big Yapper!!!!

Gwn---you too!! Come back!!! We want to hear all about your trip!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #373
Big Yapper!!!!

<-----Ya think Dr. Stillman would approve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 10-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT. .are you trying to kill us here? OMG> . I just licked the screen a little bit. .
Old 10-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
OMG OMG you said MF on the airpotty mouth like me!!!!!!!!!!

WTG on the job tho-Lord knows there ain't a lot of 'em out there

What can I say? I'm a vulgar individual! Life's more fun that way!

Uh..today. Yup, good so far. I will get on that scale tomorrow as long as I keep my eating in check today. So far I've had:

-a small plate of turkey
-a cup of de-greased italian sausage
-a porkchop

Yummmmmmmm
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Have been super busy..super stressed....super depressed. I did stillmans 100% this week and no movement on the scale...I'm so depressed. I've been working out like crazy. I don't know what to do. I just want to break down. Everyday I think of a new diet to try and NOTHING is working. I want to just give up and not EAT! I went clothes shopping tonight which spiraled out of control because nothing fit. I feel like something is medically wrong...Im doing everything right. Over the past few months TOM hasn't been regular...last month I got it...like the 10th...the month before didn't get it...I'm going to the endo dr Nov 2nd...they've checked my thyroid twice before and they say its normal...but there has to be something... i'm sad

Sorry to be debbie downer

Ashley

9/17- 8.1 lbs down...37.4 more to go!
9/18- 9.3 lbs down...36.2 more to go!

Last edited by SquishyPunim413; 10-22-2010 at 06:37 PM..
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:23 PM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
Have been super busy..super stressed....super depressed. I did stillmans 100% this week and no movement on the scale...I'm so depressed. I've been working out like crazy. I don't know what to do. I just want to break down. Everyday I think of a new diet to try and NOTHING is working. I want to just give up and not EAT! I went clothes shopping tonight which spiraled out of control because nothing fit. I feel like something is medically wrong...Im doing everything right. Over the past few months TOM hasn't been regular...last month I got it...like the 10th...the month before didn't get it...I'm going to the endo dr Nov 2nd...they've checked my thyroid twice before and they say its normal...but there has to be something... i'm sad

Wish there was something I could say that would help the scale move. Maybe there is something out of whack with your system and it will be a simple adjustment..... Keep us posted, keep doing what you are doing and fee free to vent away........
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

I'm so sorry SP...doing everything right and not seeing results is so frustrating!

This is a safe place to vent...we all are there from time to time!

Being a woman with hormones makes it so much more difficult...I know it has for me and others on this wonderful thread.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Becky, I'm just looking at your stats--they are truly inspiring!!
Awww Gee thanks GT!!! Your stats impress me too...I can't imagine being as thin as you are!

I like your cupcake..I've noticed that I enjoy seeing carby foods...and I really enjoy carby food smells...all of these pumpkin spice autumn candles....I could almost suck them up my nose!! haha I have a coffee cake candle that is to die for! Smelling and seeing is very low carb!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Squish.. I hear ya loud and clear but you have to stick with it. . you just do. I've had some terrible luck lately too but I think mine is stress, lack of sleep and totally..lack of paying attention to what my body needs. . .lets stick it out for one more week and see what that brings.. . Frustrating as all heck but we can do it.. yes we can!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:04 PM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Won't be able to check in tomorrow. . taking the "Family" vacation we never got to take. .Please pray for nice weather. . we really deserve it ...worked hard all summer . .. I will be thinking of you guys as I avoid all the carbs and sugar.. packed tuna for the trip down. .I am sure everyone will be loving me!! I don't care. . I just want to be thin!! Al.. Qwn.. Dustin. .check in. and that's an order!!

Tell 'em . . Im2 sent you. . .
Old 10-22-2010, 09:13 PM   #382
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
All packed and ready to head out in the morning to pick up my dad and then a very LONG 12 hour drive for the Wake of his brother. I probably won't have much of a chance to check in until next Thursday. Wishing everyone a great weekend and a kicka** finish to October!!!
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:13 AM   #383
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hey girlies! Sorry Im out of commission. They switched all my antibiotics and now I have a whole new list of ailments. ugh.. I have not been on stillmans but Im not overeating..the new antibiotics keep me in a constant state of nausea. its awful, and I still cant hear anything. I missed another week of work, but I get to sleep all day today! hubby is taking the kids to two bday parties and then they are sleeping at grandmas house. Just took a shot of my super duper cough medicine, so I should be asleep shortly after I hit submit!

i miss you guys. Know that Im thinking of ya, and cant weight to come back and join you in dropping some serious pounds!!!!

big hugs!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Ugg, so I checked today and I'm up 1.5 lbs. I really do think it's water weight, so I'm not going to panic. I've done okay this week, and I felt like I would weigh less. Maybe next week?

I'm going to start adding some veggies back into my diet- I actually miss them. Not much- luckily I'm not a huge vegetable person anyway. Just enough to give me a little variety on my journey down the scale.

I'm a little nervous right now. I'm supposed to meet this guy at 8 tonight- we got to know each other through a mutual friend this summer/fall- and I think things will be a bit strange. He *really* wants to see me, but I'm just feeling "meh" about him. To complicate matters, our mutal friend is in love (yes IN LOVE) with me (I don't feel the same and have told him so on numerous occasions).

It's just- I'm not speaking to our mutual friend and last weekend was the first time I hung out w/ just new friend alone. Yeah, okay- we hooked up. We were both drunk, and it was fun...but I'm not sure if I want to continue seeing him. I guess I'll find out later, huh?
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:32 PM   #385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
GT. .are you trying to kill us here? OMG> . I just licked the screen a little bit. .
BWAAAAAAAHAHAHA carb porn! GT you slay me!

Quote:
What can I say? I'm a vulgar individual! Life's more fun that way!

Uh..today. Yup, good so far. I will get on that scale tomorrow as long as I keep my eating in check today. So far I've had:

-a small plate of turkey
-a cup of de-greased italian sausage
-a porkchop

Yummmmmmmm
a redneck girl.......I leave my christmas lights out on the front porch all year long..

Quote:

Aw, SP, ya gotta stick it out-Iv'e been stuck for almost two months now. At least you're not gaining! More water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Awww Gee thanks GT!!! Your stats impress me too...I can't imagine being as thin as you are!

I like your cupcake..I've noticed that I enjoy seeing carby foods...and I really enjoy carby food smells...all of these pumpkin spice autumn candles....I could almost suck them up my nose!! haha I have a coffee cake candle that is to die for! Smelling and seeing is very low carb!
scrathc n' sniff carbs...the only ones for me!

Quote:
Squish.. I hear ya loud and clear but you have to stick with it. . you just do. I've had some terrible luck lately too but I think mine is stress, lack of sleep and totally..lack of paying attention to what my body needs. . .lets stick it out for one more week and see what that brings.. . Frustrating as all heck but we can do it.. yes we can!!!
woot woot

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
All packed and ready to head out in the morning to pick up my dad and then a very LONG 12 hour drive for the Wake of his brother. I probably won't have much of a chance to check in until next Thursday. Wishing everyone a great weekend and a kicka** finish to October!!!
have a safe trip and prayers you and your dad's way

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hey girlies! Sorry Im out of commission. They switched all my antibiotics and now I have a whole new list of ailments. ugh.. I have not been on stillmans but Im not overeating..the new antibiotics keep me in a constant state of nausea. its awful, and I still cant hear anything. I missed another week of work, but I get to sleep all day today! hubby is taking the kids to two bday parties and then they are sleeping at grandmas house. Just took a shot of my super duper cough medicine, so I should be asleep shortly after I hit submit!

i miss you guys. Know that Im thinking of ya, and cant weight to come back and join you in dropping some serious pounds!!!!

big hugs!!!
OMG AL wassup wit all da meds? Out of work for a week holy cow! try some Vicks rub and under your nose-that's why the ear is stopped up, and be careful moving around as your balance may be off!

Quote:
Ugg, so I checked today and I'm up 1.5 lbs. I really do think it's water weight, so I'm not going to panic. I've done okay this week, and I felt like I would weigh less. Maybe next week?

I'm going to start adding some veggies back into my diet- I actually miss them. Not much- luckily I'm not a huge vegetable person anyway. Just enough to give me a little variety on my journey down the scale.

I'm a little nervous right now. I'm supposed to meet this guy at 8 tonight- we got to know each other through a mutual friend this summer/fall- and I think things will be a bit strange. He *really* wants to see me, but I'm just feeling "meh" about him. To complicate matters, our mutal friend is in love (yes IN LOVE) with me (I don't feel the same and have told him so on numerous occasions).

It's just- I'm not speaking to our mutual friend and last weekend was the first time I hung out w/ just new friend alone. Yeah, okay- we hooked up. We were both drunk, and it was fun...but I'm not sure if I want to continue seeing him. I guess I'll find out later, huh?
that explains the horrified cat avi LOL gawd there's nothing worse than a mushy puupy in love man that you just want to trap and neutercan you sick him on someone else?
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

AL, I hope today finds you feeling better! You've been sick way too long!!

I woke up to a TWO POUND LOSS this morning!!! Yippy Tie-YAY!!!

Maybe letting go of the CO was what I needed...who knows...

47 pounds gone!! Wahooooo!!
Old 10-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/178/130
WOE: medifast/Atkins
Start Date: June 11th 2014
Hi Stillman Skinnies,
I'm in and starting today.....
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's time: We can do this together.. I'm in. . and ready to roll. . ..

Monday is a new day and a new beginning. .
Old 10-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al! (((hugs))) hurry and get well . I can't do this without you!
Old 10-24-2010, 08:05 PM   #390
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsMo30
Stats: 279/275/135
WOE: Atkins/Induction
Start Date: 10.10.10
Hello all...
I'm starting Stillmans monday..looking forward to the challenge and w loss!
MsMo30 is offline   Reply With Quote