Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Everything's going well! As of this morning, my stick turned DARK purple! Yay! I love being in high-burn!
emky is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Good going on the turkey I don't know about carb/fat content of fresh mozzarella .... I usually keep some extra sharp cheddar for those SNACK ATTACKS

How was the rest of your day?

Sending good vibes your way.........
Not sure either
It went pretty well! I feel so stuffed. I ATE TOO MUCH!! My dad made me grilled c hicken tonight....

I'm so in the middle i dont know what to do...stay on Stillmans...or WW...IDK..I just feel fat and bloated and feel like nothing's working !! Grrrr
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
Everything's going well! As of this morning, my stick turned DARK purple! Yay! I love being in high-burn!
Make sure you are drinking enough water. My doctor told me if the ketostix was a dark purple it could indicate dehydration.
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Where do you get this strips?
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
Where do you get this strips?
Any Pharmacy will have them - usually kept behind the counter. Called "Ketostix". Tells you if you are in ketosis or not. A ketogenic state is bad for the kidneys unless you are drinking PLENTY of fluids to help flush them. Ketones are a by-product of fat burning.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Just checking in...

I hoped this day wouldn't come...but braced myself...

Tonight when I washed my hair I lost about 3 times as much as I normally do...

I've been taking hair vits and biotin for years...i was hoping that would ward off hair loss...

Oh well...hopefully I won't lose too much.

I had throughout the day 4 boiled eggs a piece of steak and some fajita chicken strips (I buy some of those precooked chicken and beef strips in the frozen food section...they are nice to heat up in a hurry and have a snack.)

swebb, congrats on getting into onderland!! WTG!!!

I'm going to go read those stories you posted...

Yam-Yam! I am so glad to see you back! I enjoy reading your posts! Thanks for the kind words too.

hang in there everyone!! We hold the secret that most of society thinks they could never do...I used to think I could never eat this way... now I am a slave to carbs no longer!!!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:03 PM   #307
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
YAAAAAAAAAAAAM GLAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woot!

Amazon, indeed! We went to a Renaissance faire a few years ago-I still have my Xena leather vest, shorts, sword and gladiator sandals (HA-before they were in style, too!) When we walked through the front gate one of the actors, a jester, leapt in front of me, bowed low and proclaimed, "Welcome, half naked barbarian woman!"
People came up to us thinking we were actors working the faire. Had their pic taken with me, too.

I could probably still bench 125 if I had my weight bench.......when I was 19 I could lift a 305 Chevy engine block up to my waist. No crank or pistons, of course.....
Zena!! Warrior Princess!!! I'm not worthy.....I'm not worthy..... Would LOVE to see a picture of that!!

Amazing your back survived the block!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:20 PM   #308
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Becky: Bummer about the hair. I've heard that can be a side effect of low carbing but have not experienced it any time I've done Stillman's. One thing I did experience the last time I stuck faithfully to LC for almost a whole week was grumpiness!!! Serious grumpiness!! And that's just not me. People always tell me I'm so positive and joyful but I wanted to bite somebody.

Then my dd got me into reading "A week in the Zone" and the author says that carbs are brain food and when we are not getting enough it can cause extreme irritability. He promotes mostly lettuce and green veggies as carbs. So, now I'm eating lots of green, leafy salads. I just put some EVOO and ACV on the greens and I'm a happy camper.

Our bodies must change over the years. When I was younger I could stay on Stillman's very strictly and not notice any difference. In fact, I felt energetic and happier because of what I was seeing on the scale.

Oh well. A bod's gotta do what a bod's gotta do.

Sorry! That is stuck in my head. My 2 year old grandson saw The Princess and the Frog and there is a part where the lightenin' bug says "A bug's gotta do what a bug's gotta do". Now every time he wants to watch that movie he says "BUG GOTTA DOOOOOOO!!!" And he thinks it's the name of the movie.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:02 AM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Just checking in...

I hoped this day wouldn't come...but braced myself...

Tonight when I washed my hair I lost about 3 times as much as I normally do...

I've been taking hair vits and biotin for years...i was hoping that would ward off hair loss...

Oh well...hopefully I won't lose too much.
Becky - I lose quite a bit of hair on a daily basis and the texture has changed

I also take biotin and other vitamins. At this point I will accept the hair loss as long as there is a weight loss as well!
Old 10-19-2010, 06:04 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Becky: Bummer about the hair. I've heard that can be a side effect of low carbing but have not experienced it any time I've done Stillman's. One thing I did experience the last time I stuck faithfully to LC for almost a whole week was grumpiness!!! Serious grumpiness!! And that's just not me. People always tell me I'm so positive and joyful but I wanted to bite somebody.

Then my dd got me into reading "A week in the Zone" and the author says that carbs are brain food and when we are not getting enough it can cause extreme irritability. He promotes mostly lettuce and green veggies as carbs. So, now I'm eating lots of green, leafy salads. I just put some EVOO and ACV on the greens and I'm a happy camper.

Our bodies must change over the years. When I was younger I could stay on Stillman's very strictly and not notice any difference. In fact, I felt energetic and happier because of what I was seeing on the scale.

Sorry! That is stuck in my head. My 2 year old grandson saw The Princess and the Frog and there is a part where the lightenin' bug says "A bug's gotta do what a bug's gotta do". Now every time he wants to watch that movie he says "BUG GOTTA DOOOOOOO!!!" And he thinks it's the name of the movie.
Yam - I have been seriously G R U M P Y this week and have had a headache as well - I know it is just me detoxing from the carbs. As soon as I am back to stats I am going to add a green veggies 2x a week.

LOVE the quote from your grandson
Old 10-19-2010, 06:11 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Another good morning with the scale - I am down 1.5 pounds and a pound away from my stats For those keeping track - that's 7 pounds in 6 days

I know it was mostly a water weight gain from my poor eating choices a couple weeks ago but I'll take it!

Headache is better this morning so I know I am almost finished detoxing - thank goodness.

Yam - how is your return going?? Squishy - hang in there today. Everyone else you all need to post what's going on - we want to hear from ya!
Old 10-19-2010, 06:13 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
Quote:

Yam-Yam - that makes total sense! I have been so um.......UNPLEASANT these last few weeks. I attributed it to the scale not moving or going down a pound then going right back up 4 lbs!!!!

I keep saying...here I am not eating what I want and still no significant loss.

To be honest, I am just perplexed because last time I was on QWL I lost quickly and steadily. Now it seems I am just stuck!

I am seriously considering adding a JUDD type lifestyle to QWL. As in, one day super lean, super low calorie, and low carb then the next day add in some ground meat or higher calorie and then just go up and down with those things.

At this point, I am willing to try whatever it takes. I have been so lean over the last two weeks, plus drinking water like crazy and there just hasn't been much budging on the scales

It's either that or I may do something drastic and just go back to JUDD completely. I lost on it but it required major will power - something I don't have a lot of!
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:14 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
I am also upping my stats

OH well, such is life!
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:32 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
Yam-Yam - that makes total sense! I have been so um.......UNPLEASANT these last few weeks. I attributed it to the scale not moving or going down a pound then going right back up 4 lbs!!!!

I keep saying...here I am not eating what I want and still no significant loss.

To be honest, I am just perplexed because last time I was on QWL I lost quickly and steadily. Now it seems I am just stuck!

I am seriously considering adding a JUDD type lifestyle to QWL. As in, one day super lean, super low calorie, and low carb then the next day add in some ground meat or higher calorie and then just go up and down with those things.

At this point, I am willing to try whatever it takes. I have been so lean over the last two weeks, plus drinking water like crazy and there just hasn't been much budging on the scales

It's either that or I may do something drastic and just go back to JUDD completely. I lost on it but it required major will power - something I don't have a lot of!
msgirl - About 4 months into Stillman's I stalled big time. I was eating lean and drinking lots of water as well. I started adding in coconut oil every day and 2 days a week I ate a higher fat meal (like hamburger/sausage mixture or a fatty fish). It took about a week but I broke through that plateau.

Now, I do have red meat 2 or 3 times a week - mostly steak but often a burger. Seems to keep me sane and the stalls don't last as long.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:33 AM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Just checking in...

hang in there everyone!! We hold the secret that most of society thinks they could never do...I used to think I could never eat this way... now I am a slave to carbs no longer!!!
AMen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Zena!! Warrior Princess!!! I'm not worthy.....I'm not worthy..... Would LOVE to see a picture of that!!

Amazing your back survived the block!
LOL I'm sure there is something out there on the web with all the photos that were being taken......unfortunately we had friends taking them but they got divorced after and we nver saw them.........DBF was a proud struttin' rooster with all the looks I was getting LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, youth..........my back has forgiven me

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Another good morning with the scale - I am down 1.5 pounds and a pound away from my stats For those keeping track - that's 7 pounds in 6 days

I know it was mostly a water weight gain from my poor eating choices a couple weeks ago but I'll take it!

Headache is better this morning so I know I am almost finished detoxing - thank goodness.

Yam - how is your return going?? Squishy - hang in there today. Everyone else you all need to post what's going on - we want to hear from ya!
Ugh I am so bloated......damn prepared food. I threw the chix salad out, it was quick but not goodso salty! Salt is everywhere, sugar, too. That's why clean eating=fresh homemade.

Don't forget potassium for those headaches....it really helps.

WTG I am jealous of your loss, please post your menus!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:40 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Thanks Yam...you are right...we have to listen to our bodies and adapt our lifestyle however best benefits. I can't say I'm going to eat Stillman's the rest of my life...because who really knows?? If I start feeling poorly or gaining, I'll have to readjust. I do eat brocolli and some salad from time to time...there is a place nearby that has the best brocolli...they must smother it in butter...it is soooooo good.
You are so right, "A bod's gotta do what a bod's gotta do."

Getting through the "carb-fog" isn't easy at first...but you will feel so much better shortly!

Swebb, I'm sorry you've had hair loss too. From what I've read, many folks who've lost a substantial amount of weight in a relatively short time, experience hair loss... regardless of what kind of plan they followed (WLS, low fat, low cal, low carb, etc...)
I'm with you...as long as I can be in good shape I can hopefully stand a temporary hair loss...I just hope it's temporary.

Congrats on your loss Swebb! 7 pounds in 6 days is amazing! It blows my mind how much weight carbs instantly puts on...and sometimes instantly takes off when we eliminate them. You are doing great...it sounds like we eat similar stuff...I'm very interested in what others are eating and losing with.

Msgirl, isn't it crazy to eat a particular way...lose great...and then eat that very same way and lot lose at all?!?!? That really freaks me out. I almost wonder if God knew if we ate one way and lost steadily...that we would not be able to stop...and it would make us sick.

Humans have those tendencies...the folks who can't get "tan" enough...the folks who overdo plastic surgery...

it almost seems to be some sort of built in safety measure...and of course there are those that develop serious eating disorders...

our bodies are "fearfully and wonderfully made."...so I guess we have to trust and just keep on doing what is healthy...and eventually, hopefully things will straighten out.

I do believe as long as you are getting enough calories and the good nutrients from the foods...the weight should come off. It definitely sounds like you are not overeating or getting too many carbs...

I dunno...my weightloss has slowed too...and I'm way above my recommended weight for my height (5'5")

I hesitate to say that I'm off of carbs (sugar, enriched flour, starchy veggies) for life...but that's what I want to say. I feel like the opposite of a vegetarian...you know how devout some of them are...and that's just the way they eat for life?? That's sort of how I feel about carbs...

But who's to say what tomorrow holds...so I'll just say, "for now..." I do love being control of my appetite...eating when my body says, "hey, you are feeling a little weak, you need nourishment...eat some protein!"

It is perplexing and frustrating...but just remember how miserable we felt AFTER eating like crazy! I would HATE myself...I don't hate myself for that reason anymore (but there are other reasons I do...ahaha..not really)

Sorry for the rambling...
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:45 AM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ugh I am so bloated......damn prepared food. I threw the chix salad out, it was quick but not goodso salty! Salt is everywhere, sugar, too. That's why clean eating=fresh homemade.

Don't forget potassium for those headaches....it really helps.

WTG I am jealous of your loss, please post your menus!
For the last week I have been eating the same thing

Breakfast: 4 slices lower sodium turkey bacon - done in the oven until crispy

snack : 14 raw almonds

Lunch: either grilled hamburger or baked chicken 1/4 (leg and thigh)

snack 14 raw almonds

Dinner: either grilled hamburger, 8 oz sirloin steak or baked 1/4 chicken

If I am still hungry later in the evening I will have a couple of cups of very hot coffee.

I drink a pot of coffee each day - throughout the day and a gallon of Crystal Light (I put a package that makes 2 quarts into an empty gallon milk jug and fill with water).

I take vitamins and 3 TBS Coconut Oil each day.

When Turkey goes on sale later this month I will be stocking up
Old 10-19-2010, 09:07 AM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
IM, have you had stuff like thyroid checked out? I imagine it's very frustrating to eat this way and not lose! How tall are you? Maybe you are getting so close to goal that it's just hard?? I dunno!
My weightloss seems to be coming off more slowly, but I remind myself of the freedom from cravings...(and the fact that we have no digestive problems, gas, bloating etc is nothing to sneeze at either!)

That helps me remember what a great plan this is.

Hang in there! You've been such a help to everyone on this list...we want to be here for you too!
Yes.. I'm on Thryoid meds. . .and I'm 5'4". . I would say a little on the smaller size bone wise. . if there is such a thing! I carry all my weight around my midsection, back, arms.. nothing on the lower half. . makes for a real interesting egg-like shape!! I'm going back for blood tests cuz I aint lost anything since I started meds and its been months and months. . . I'd have to look back but its been close to 8. .I went to docs right after the New Year cuz my good peeps here told me to. .
Old 10-19-2010, 09:27 AM   #319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
I'm Baaaccckkk!! Miss me?

Sorry, I abandoned everyone like I did. . I just couldn't get it together this week.. Seriously. . this was the worst melt-down (or should I say carb-up). . I've done since I started low carbing over a year ago. . I just told myself. . What the heck. I'm not losing anyway so why not enjoy what I want!! Wrongo!! Trouble is. .I didn't really enjoy any of it and I just kept eating cuz I already blew it that day/morning/evening/afternoon/weekend. . day/ . week. . .ugg. . it just kept growing and growing. . I'm so ashamed and so mad at myself, I could spit nails! Seriously. . It takes me 10 times longer to lose and I don't even know what the damage is at this point. So. . I'm drinking up, grilling, vitamins, doing what I can to get back on track and dreading the 4 days carb withdrawal. . (Seriously. . not one thing tasted as good as I thought and not one thing was worth it.. Nothing!!!). .I'm going to bypass the Friday weigh in cuz TOM is here and I don't want to be even more depressed. .I can tell. it would not be pretty. .

Mim/Yam.MS. . I missed you guys and I'm so glad to see you are back!

Dustin. . You are my new hero. . go. .go. . go

Becky. . I can tell by your posts that you feel 110% better. . good for you. keep the enthusiasm. . and share with us. . I need it!!

OK What did you guys do to Al? She needs to check in. Come on girl . lets get the losing gang back together. .

Squish. . I am joining you. . . 2 months! that is my new goal. . I want this stupid ugly fat gone by the New Year. . .

Going for another round of blood tests next week to see if anything new has cropped up. . I'm stuck at my lack of loss but I know I can exercise . .if exercise doesn't do it. . I'm checking into the fat ward. .

OK.. I snuck on during my lunch hour to catch up and get some inspiration. . worked.. off to eat my chicken. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:54 AM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post

Sorry, I abandoned everyone like I did. . I just couldn't get it together this week.. Seriously. . this was the worst melt-down (or should I say carb-up). . I've done since I started low carbing over a year ago. . I just told myself. . What the heck. I'm not losing anyway so why not enjoy what I want!! Wrongo!! Trouble is. .I didn't really enjoy any of it and I just kept eating cuz I already blew it that day/morning/evening/afternoon/weekend. . day/ . week. . .ugg. . it just kept growing and growing. . I'm so ashamed and so mad at myself, I could spit nails! Seriously. . It takes me 10 times longer to lose and I don't even know what the damage is at this point. So. . I'm drinking up, grilling, vitamins, doing what I can to get back on track and dreading the 4 days carb withdrawal. . (Seriously. . not one thing tasted as good as I thought and not one thing was worth it.. Nothing!!!). .I'm going to bypass the Friday weigh in cuz TOM is here and I don't want to be even more depressed. .I can tell. it would not be pretty. .
IM you KNOW we miss you when you aren't posting I have to agree with you 110% about the carbs just not tasting good - and SO not worth it....but WHY do we do it anyway???? Old habits die hard (like resigning oneself to the fact that "what the heck I have already blown it...:"mad

I feel your frustration at not losing - maybe the doctors can tell you why. But KNOW this....you are HEALTHIER than you were when you started this journey. You have done a GREAT thing for yourself, your family and friends (we want you around for a long long time!)

I am nearing the end of my carb withdrawal - it lasted 6 days this time

I will be your Friday weigh-in buddy next week - don't abandon me
Old 10-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
becky123; Try using a shampoo knock off of Nioxin. Nioxin is expensive, but if you go somewhere like Sally's beauty supply, they will have the cheaper version which works just as well. It will stop hair loss, as it has with myself and in older women who were losing their hair. It is well worth the shopping for it.

IM2fat; You may need to get to an endocrinologist who will do more than the typical physician in getting your labs and meds straightened out. I almost went to a Bariatric Doc since they know what labs to do regarding weight loss, and the other tests. But I started Stillmans and it began to work so I didn't. Bariatric Docs do not just perform bypass surgeries either. They are specific to metabolism and weight issues...

Yam Yam; good for you adding salads and losing. I have not had greens in three months, and that will be the first thing I eat when I hit goal, I already have a list of lo carb veggies and nuts along with the calorie count. I believe Stillman stated that after the diet, stick to 1200 calories and sloooowly add back. AS of today, I have 20 lbs to lose by November 22. That is when the Doc will weigh me to see if I qualify for my breast reduction to be paid for by insurance... I am praying and trying to be good!

I actually had some sugar yesterday because I was sick and weak (I had a bug) and needed to go out and see a client. Not too much, because I didn't crave it. But this was the first sugar I had had. (yogurt pretzels, 14 of them) Interestingly, my blood sugar was actually lower this morning than it had been. I have hit the 80's range (down from the 400's) thanks to Stillman. I do not crave any sugar at all still. Yesterday, it did get me off the sofa to my job... I also did not berate myself over it. I chose not to eat after 3 pm yesterday, and will again today... because that helps the loss. I only lost .7 this morning, but thank God no gain from those pretzels!!

I am hearing a few people getting grumpy. This occurs when there are weather changes, particularly if there is rain, wind and snow... so it may not have too much to do with the diet at all. Put on some happy music, light candles, enjoy calming scents and read a great novel (so you can live someone else's life for an hour or so... ) Prewrite your Christmas cards and give each one a compliment in them (you can mail them later). These are a few of my favorite things... la la la... : )
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:03 AM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Correction; I am not hearing a few people getting grumpy, I am hearing a few people who are reporting to feel grumpy. Big difference... sorry!!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Correction; I am not hearing a few people getting grumpy, I am hearing a few people who are reporting to feel grumpy. Big difference... sorry!!
I really AM grumpy (just ask my husband! ) I know it is from this nagging headache brought on by the carb detox. Told him to go visit his mom for the week and I will be in a better mood when he returns
Old 10-19-2010, 11:02 AM   #324
Senior LCF Member

I am cooking for dinner what was available in the freezer - Corned Beef.....I know it is WAY too salty but I have soaked and rinsed several times so maybe it won't be so bad.........

I really need to go shopping!
Old 10-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #325
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post

Mim/Yam.MS. . I missed you guys and I'm so glad to see you are back!

Dustin. . You are my new hero. . go. .go. . go

Becky. . I can tell by your posts that you feel 110% better. . good for you. keep the enthusiasm. . and share with us. . I need it!!

OK What did you guys do to Al? She needs to check in. Come on girl . lets get the losing gang back together. .

Squish. . I am joining you. . . 2 months! that is my new goal. . I want this stupid ugly fat gone by the New Year. . .

Going for another round of blood tests next week to see if anything new has cropped up. . I'm stuck at my lack of loss but I know I can exercise . .if exercise doesn't do it. . I'm checking into the fat ward. .

OK.. I snuck on during my lunch hour to catch up and get some inspiration. . worked.. off to eat my chicken. .
I am also amazed that when we think we want some of the old bad comfort food it just isn't as good and doesn't taste the same. I have read about food 'memories' and how things taste 'off' after going lo carb. Maybe it's our bodies responding to the true diet we were made for, essentially paleo.

this is me picking you up, dusting you off and handing you a heart shaped turkey burger........back on the train we go!
Old 10-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #326
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sharon the last time I did a corned beef I soaked it for almost three days.....the real flavor without salt was amazing.
Maybe a potato or turnip thrown in would help, supposedly they soak up excess salt
Old 10-19-2010, 06:18 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sharon the last time I did a corned beef I soaked it for almost three days.....the real flavor without salt was amazing.
Maybe a potato or turnip thrown in would help, supposedly they soak up excess salt
Mine was still a little salty but not too bad. Hopefully I rinsed some of the sugars out as well. Turned out really great in the crock pot. Even DH liked it (I am glad since HE was the one that bought corned beef instead of a roast )

Drinking extra water to try and counteract the extra sodium.

Where is everyone tonight???
Old 10-19-2010, 07:03 PM   #328
Senior LCF Member

Just got a phone call from my dad. 2 weeks after losing my mom his brother (and my godfather) passed away tonight. Please say a prayer for my dad
Old 10-20-2010, 05:22 AM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Well LC friends, no loss this morning. I was secretly hoping for another pound but I am very happy with holding steady....

I am sure this was due to my salt intake yesterday ....and stress

Today I will endeavor to get more liquids in to help flush the salt. I am also going to up my potassium for the next day or so as my muscles are cramping slightly.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:53 AM   #330
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Just needed to pop in to say hi!!! I am still recovering from the flu. Yesterday was the first day in over a week I felt like a person again. I have been soooo sick and my brain, I think, became disconnected. I have been utterly miserable. (hubby also had the flu which made this the toughest weeks of my life. the kids were ok, thank goodness but it was almost impossible to get through it.) So now Im left with an uncontrollable cough and an ear that doesnt work. I can live with that for a few more days, but enough is enough! I cant remember what its like to sleep laying down!!! Ok. pity party over.

Im actually gonna jump back on stills today. I am up to 134.5. Now thats depressing, but I know whwere every pound came from. all I ate for a few days was ice cream and sugar free fudge pops. (did I mention the tonsillitis??) hahaha

Ive got eggs, ground turkey, and meatloaf mix in the fridge. (ground beef, pork, veal) gotta stick with this so people arent shocked when I go back to work on Friday. My face is soooo round and my middle...ugh.... Im so disgusted.... OK. snapping out of it...

Um..sorry I cant catch up and see how everyone is doing but I will be back later. Gotta get some rest before I pick up my daughter at 11. Hoing to have lucnch in the park with her. I have been so depressed that we havent been able to do tanything with the kids. they have been really great and understanding though (at 3 and 5) they even ask me if I need my back rubbed..awwwwww...

quick question...when is Gwn due back????
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote