Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 07:11 PM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Woo Hoo! Your are on track for SUCCESS!!
Trying to be! I'm psyched. The weight came off so quickly the first time around... I hope the same happens again!! Weigh in is SATURDAY!!
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2010, 07:35 PM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Yesterday was my first full Stillman's day in 2 weeks. Scale this morning said I was DOWN 2 pounds

Now only 6 more to go to get back to Stats and SERIOUS losing. My mini goal is 75 pounds GONE by Christmas

Size 14's are a little baggy and size 12's are a little snug.....life is good.

I am up for your Friday weigh-in's IM2!! Let's Rock the rest of October!
YAY I'm so happy you are back in the game WTG!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
Thanks becky and ccgirl!

I am super happy today- I finally got around to checking my weight and so far I've lost 9lbs since Oct. 1st. I wasn't even doing Stillman's all that time either (just low-carb in general), so it makes me wonder how much more I can lose this month.

Only 7.5 lbs until I reach my summer weight!
GO girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Good evening! I just wanted to report that I lost a total of 16.4 pounds so far! I will be working tomorrow so that will help to keep me busy!

-Dustin
round em up and head em off cowboy WTG you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I'm back. No - really, I'm back. I decended into a place I never want to see again. My weight hit 249.5 and I woke up1 I've been low carbing for a week and this morning was at 243. I haven't been doing Stillman's, but as of today, that is my plan! I am still struggling with getting packed to move, taking care of DD and the two little ones while we wait for the birth of another little one, and finding time to take care of me. But I feel so much better after a week of low carbing! I'm ready to get strict and to exercise.
o Mim, I know life is a huge pile for you but at least do domething for yourself! You will thank yourself for it. glad you're back

Quote:
Mim - I am SO happy you are back I am sorry that life has handed you a very full plate right now - but maybe (like me and others), by taking control of what you eat, other aspects of your life will become more manageable as well.

Life has handed me a couple of curve balls lately, but I am SO glad that I am at least TRYING to manage my eating habits and weight. At least I feel that I have control over SOMETHING!

Please don't leave us again - lean on us for support
A few curveballs? That's the inning that I dread the most. Sharon, you are bouncing back like a woman on fire. Mom is proud.

"There is no normal life, Wyatt; there's just life."
-Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday in Tombstone

Quote:
One of the hottest selling Halloween costumes for adults..... Lady Gaga! Party City has 6 different Gaga looks........Al are you reading this??
she's been hiding for days....Al, whatever it is, drop it like it's hot and it won't hurt you anymore. Check in, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
Got my lunch all set for tomorrow! Went to the local farmers market and got low sodium bacon woo hoo. The little things in life...lol. Did well today!
Had bacon and eggs for breakfast.
Sliced turkey for lunch
and Steak for dinner!

Didn't drink as much water as I would have liked to. Generally on the weekends it's hard to get in that much water because I wake up late! During the week when I wake up at 6 it's easier to get in my water. Going to the gym after work tomorrow and will be home earlier than normal! I changed my schedule slightly...tutoring instead of babysitting. So instead of working 730-3 and 330-730...I'll be doing 730-3, then 345-515! It'll make my life much easier! Well that's it. Going to do my hair, put my rabbits to sleep and catch up on some TV!
go girl!
Put your wabbits to sleep? A LI city gal with a wabbit farm. Now there's something I never woulda thunk........ SP the bunny mommie!

OK crew, I have been studying really hard this week and I passed my test with an A+ I think.

Coach ASTRID BOOTIE $178.00
I couldn't do it....Mom would have in a heartbeat but I won't let her

Lauren Fareeda Suede Lace-Up Bootie 149.00
still couldn't do it...I'm too cheap

went to the factory outlets, nothing at Nine West but at Kenneth Cole I found the grey and black-got them both for 77 bux
retail 109.00

did I ace it or what?

Last edited by CCGirl; 10-17-2010 at 07:43 PM..
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:54 PM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well CSI Miami is finally on so I must go

hava good nite meat dream y'all

Old 10-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

go girl!
Put your wabbits to sleep? A LI city gal with a wabbit farm. Now there's something I never woulda thunk........ SP the bunny mommie!

OK crew, I have been studying really hard this week and I passed my test with an A+ I think.

did I ace it or what?
Yes You did!

And yes, I have a whole bunny condo in my basement! 7 of them!!! It all started because my BF and I wanted a pet..and we couldn't get a dog...so I found a rabbit!! Then we decided he needed a girlfriend...but we kept them seperated! Until one day he escaped for some....ehem.....and needless to say we ended up with 5 more!!! But I <3 them
Old 10-18-2010, 05:33 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Woo Hoo! I am back in ONDERLAND - just barely but I will take it Scale is down 1.5 pounds this morning. Hopefully I will be at Stats by the end of the week and can finish up the rest of October by scaring some more weight off - Stillman's style

Let's take each day at a time and post ofter. Seems we are missing quite a few of our regular friends
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:56 AM   #276
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Congratulations, Sweebb! It will take me a bit longer to get to my stats, but I will!

CC girl - great buy! I can't wear such heels as my left foot is fused. Sigh.

Squishy, you will do great today!

I am off and running. I haven't eaten breakfast yet, but poached eggs will be on my plate as soon as I take the girls back to their house. I'll be there most of my on plan day!

Thank you all for the kind words. It is good to be back!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:21 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

I find that I will lose weight faster and more consistently if I:

1) Take my vitamins (Al are you listening?? )
2) Drink fluids - at LEAST 96 ounces a day. I count coffee, diet coke, crystal light, unsweet iced tea and water all the same.
3) Eat 5-6 small meals a day

This does NOT mean I don't stall because I do, BUT the stall are shorter in duration and I tend not to go UP more than a pound or 2 during my stalls.

This was just some food (no carb, no fat, no cal, no sodium) for thought
Old 10-18-2010, 10:06 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Ugg! The Carb detox headache is still hanging around today Why do I do this to myself??? I think it would have been better to have been hungry last week than to go thru this yet AGAIN!

Note to self......Just say NO!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:16 AM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Some weight-loss stories and great tips for maintenance

Real Weight-Loss Stories: I Kept the Pounds Off
Old 10-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #280
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Good evening! I just wanted to report that I lost a total of 16.4 pounds so far! I will be working tomorrow so that will help to keep me busy!

-Dustin
Wow Dustin!!!! WTG you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #281
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
One of the hottest selling Halloween costumes for adults..... Lady Gaga! Party City has 6 different Gaga looks........Al are you reading this??
Hope she is!!!!!!! Dress up Al and post us a pick!!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #282
Big Yapper!!!!

Sharon, I'm glad you're feeling a little better...and that the weight is on the way down.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:53 AM   #283
Big Yapper!!!!

We4lcome back Mim!!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #284
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Some weight-loss stories and great tips for maintenance

Real Weight-Loss Stories: I Kept the Pounds Off
I need these!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I need these!!!
Did the link work for you??
Old 10-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #286
Big Yapper!!!!

Shelly Johnson and Dana Mc Keen look amazing----soooo thin!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 11:02 AM   #287
Big Yapper!!!!

For me I think exercise will be key!!! Even if I eat off plan and boy have I I still exercise every day. I really hope I'll keep it off--1 in 6 keeping it off is a very small number!! I feel as though I will but you never know....
I have to cos I have thrown out every single piece of old clothing....only size 4s and 2s in my closet...so even a modest gain and I'm naked!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 11:03 AM   #288
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Let's take each day at a time and post ofter. Seems we are missing quite a few of our regular friends
I know.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:04 AM   #289
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Did the link work for you??
Hi Sharon Yeah it did!! They are so inspiring!!
Old 10-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
For me I think exercise will be key!!! Even if I eat off plan and boy have I I still exercise every day. I really hope I'll keep it off--1 in 6 keeping it off is a very small number!! I feel as though I will but you never know....
I have to cos I have thrown out every single piece of old clothing....only size 4s and 2s in my closet...so even a modest gain and I'm naked!!!!!!!
GT - As much as I hate to admit it - exercise will become a necessity for me as well

You are my inspiration! Your beginning weight was very close to where I began and you are holding steady near where I want to be

I can't wait until there are 4's and 2's hanging in my closet - not sure if I ever REMEMBER that size before

Right now I have 14's and 12's - the 14's are a little baggy and the 12's are a little snug. Going through my closet today giving away the LAST of the 22,20,18 and 16's. For me I think this will be the KEY. I usually kept some of my "bigger" clothes that I liked - that made it all too easy to "slip into something more comfortable" when the weight came back. NO MORE!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 11:20 AM   #291
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
GT - As much as I hate to admit it - exercise will become a necessity for me as well

You are my inspiration! Your beginning weight was very close to where I began and you are holding steady near where I want to be

I can't wait until there are 4's and 2's hanging in my closet - not sure if I ever REMEMBER that size before

Right now I have 14's and 12's - the 14's are a little baggy and the 12's are a little snug. Going through my closet today giving away the LAST of the 22,20,18 and 16's. For me I think this will be the KEY. I usually kept some of my "bigger" clothes that I liked - that made it all too easy to "slip into something more comfortable" when the weight came back. NO MORE!!!
Thanks!!:blush: You'll get there don't worry!!! I know I never had 2s before!! And admittedly it's only in certain clothes and stores!!
Isn't it great tho to be getting rid of all the old clothes, like peeling off old layers to reveal a fresh new you!! Cathartic!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yes You did!

And yes, I have a whole bunny condo in my basement! 7 of them!!! It all started because my BF and I wanted a pet..and we couldn't get a dog...so I found a rabbit!! Then we decided he needed a girlfriend...but we kept them seperated! Until one day he escaped for some....ehem.....and needless to say we ended up with 5 more!!! But I <3 them
LOL......in '91 we moved up here with one cat. Now we are fifteen....

BTW retail on the shooties is 109. There's an old biker saying.....ride it like you stole it

Quote:
Woo Hoo! I am back in ONDERLAND - just barely but I will take it Scale is down 1.5 pounds this morning. Hopefully I will be at Stats by the end of the week and can finish up the rest of October by scaring some more weight off - Stillman's style

Onederful check in y'all, strength in numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Congratulations, Sweebb! It will take me a bit longer to get to my stats, but I will!

CC girl - great buy! I can't wear such heels as my left foot is fused. Sigh.

Squishy, you will do great today!

I am off and running. I haven't eaten breakfast yet, but poached eggs will be on my plate as soon as I take the girls back to their house. I'll be there most of my on plan day!

Thank you all for the kind words. It is good to be back!
LOL off and running with a fused foot. What is dat, anyway? Sometimes mine are fused, too.......like to my mouth

Quote:
I find that I will lose weight faster and more consistently if I:

1) Take my vitamins (Al are you listening?? )
2) Drink fluids - at LEAST 96 ounces a day. I count coffee, diet coke, crystal light, unsweet iced tea and water all the same.
3) Eat 5-6 small meals a day

This does NOT mean I don't stall because I do, BUT the stall are shorter in duration and I tend not to go UP more than a pound or 2 during my stalls.

This was just some food (no carb, no fat, no cal, no sodium) for thought
ugh, I just can't get in enough water......and I lose faster when I do. But nooooooooo don't let that be an incentive now
okay I will go get some now

Quote:
Thanks!!:blush: You'll get there don't worry!!! I know I never had 2s before!! And admittedly it's only in certain clothes and stores!!
Isn't it great tho to be getting rid of all the old clothes, like peeling off old layers to reveal a fresh new you!! Cathartic!!!
peel those layers littte onions! I love shedding.........maybe that's why snakes don't bug me?

GT 2s and 4s.......you must be a tiny mini! The smallest I ever got to was sz 7. Well, I bought a pair of 8s on sale for mom and tried them. I have a saying when it comes to jeans.
I'm in 'em, they fit.
Well, most of me was in them, some of my muffin top was making a break for it over the top, tho
but considering that mom was sending me 12s and 14s in February I am a happy gal
Old 10-18-2010, 01:08 PM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

okay the next test I am studying for is the cafe racer moto leather jacket. This is multiple choice, and there are no wrong answers.

A-Ralph Lauren Black Label Café Leather Biker Jacket 2598.00

B-Michael Kors leather moto jacket 275.00

C-Coach leather short jacket 698.00

The Lauren is out of the question. For that money mom said she would get me a fur. I don't think the cats would appreciate that. I can get the Coach for 150.00 maybe and the Kors for around 50.00. Both a steal. BTW I am prespending my birthday money.......is that what they call a payday loan?
Old 10-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #294
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Cloudy, rainy day here. And, I miss you guys!!! I've been gone for weeks, I know. 2 reasons. Crazy busy and it would take me pages and pages to tell it all. Then, the longer I didn't check in, the guiltier I felt so I did not even lurk!! And, I did not want to fess up that I was not sticking to Stillman's.

We have had several wonderful big trips and the food was soooooooo well, THERE! All the time! LOL. It followed me and taunted me!

Anyway, to update...I got a gym membership! Yay! I've been working out and it feels great.

Bad news is, I gained 7 pounds during my travels! So now, the challenge is to get back to my stats and start from there. Gotta knuckle down somehow.

Going to try to follow Dana Carpender's book with a little Zone mixed in and gradually work my way back to Stillman. My goal is to lose 20 pounds by Christmas.

I read today's and yesterday's posts. Welcome back Mim!!! Let's do this!

Becky: only read a few of your posts, but gotta say you are really inspirational!! Keep up the good words and the good work. We need you!

CC: You are as adorable as ever. (Laughing in my head after seeing in your details you refer to yourself as an Amazon Woman. lol. You and I are twins, except you are skinnier.)

Swebb and GT: Wowzers! You are doing great.

OK, I'm gonna really try to come back more often.

Love you peeps!! Seriously!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Cloudy, rainy day here. And, I miss you guys!!! I've been gone for weeks, I know.
Yam YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!! I would love to hear of some of your travels (minus the tempting food )

How are those grandbabies???

I need to lose 20 by Christmas as well........we need to stick together on this!

November and December are the months that I usually spend baking gifts for friends and neighbors - this year they are getting a card (or maybe a chicken leg)!

I will need all the help/support/motivation I can get.....

So are you game?
Old 10-18-2010, 01:48 PM   #296
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yam YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!
November and December are the months that I usually spend baking gifts for friends and neighbors - this year they are getting a card (or maybe a chicken leg)!

I will need all the help/support/motivation I can get.....

So are you game?

Visions of sending chicken legs for gifts! ROFL!

YES! I'm game! (but don't shoot me! game, get it? ha!)

I honestly think I can do it. I think I can knock of 5 lbs the first week. I'm starting today. It will take me over a week to just get back to my stats. Then it's downward from there. Let's go down hill from here. Whoosh! Strap on the skis!
Old 10-18-2010, 02:09 PM   #297
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yam YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!! I would love to hear of some of your travels (minus the tempting food )

How are those grandbabies???
Sharon: One of my favorite trips of late was Coeur d' Alene. Awesome! We stayed at THE resort. DH golfed and was so excited about #14 on the course. The floating green! You tee off, over the lake water onto a floating green. Then take a boat to do your putting. (Or, in his case, to hit it out of a sand trap near the green and then put!) The last time we were in Coeur d' Alene was in December of '06 and we went cross country skiing. It was a blast. It's beautiful at any season.

Last week we were in Las Vegas for a conference. We stayed at Mandalay Bay. The food was outstanding. Good speakers, good friends, good fun.

Sunday was my DD's birthday and DH and I kept the three grandkids all day so DD and her DH could go out on the town. We surprised her with some fun money and she knew we were coming over but didn't know she was getting "time off for good behavior". She was so tickled!

The kids were adorable but I have to admit that our 2 and a half yr. old grandson wore me out. He is such a cutie.

In a few weeks we will be flying south to visit our son and his family. We have 5 grandkids now and the youngest will be turning a year old soon. They are all bundles of joy. Have to say the 10 and 11 year old girls are adorable. My favorite thing is that all of the grandies adore their gramma yam-yam and Bappa!!!

Well, I have to go do some paperwork and then head over for a date with the Precor elliptical machine and some free weights.

Made a commitment to myself that every day, Mon-Fri, I'm gonna hit the gym!

Hugs All! BBL
Old 10-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAM GLAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woot!

The gang is getting back to bigger numbers again! We missed you!

Dang, you are one busy grammie glam! Have you considered getting an RV? Then you can just stay on the road forever!

Your trip(s) sound exciting!

Amazon, indeed! We went to a Renaissance faire a few years ago-I still have my Xena leather vest, shorts, sword and gladiator sandals (HA-before they were in style, too!) When we walked through the front gate one of the actors, a jester, leapt in front of me, bowed low and proclaimed, "Welcome, half naked barbarian woman!"
People came up to us thinking we were actors working the faire. Had their pic taken with me, too.

I could probably still bench 125 if I had my weight bench.......when I was 19 I could lift a 305 Chevy engine block up to my waist. No crank or pistons, of course.....
Old 10-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

I just RAIDED the fridge!!! But all I ate was turkey and some cheese!...Nothing beats a slice of fresh mozz...
Old 10-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I just RAIDED the fridge!!! But all I ate was turkey and some cheese!...Nothing beats a slice of fresh mozz...
Good going on the turkey I don't know about carb/fat content of fresh mozzarella .... I usually keep some extra sharp cheddar for those SNACK ATTACKS

How was the rest of your day?

Sending good vibes your way.........