Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 03:24 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Stillmanites Sweeties Unite! Get Slender in September!!!

Good Morning Everyone. Today is the day. You are going to be the biggest loser ever. Join us.. let us share your successes, help with your speed bumps, answer questions and offer support. Together, We CAN DO this! Let's show that fat who's boss!

Dr.Stillman's ~“INCHES-OFF DIET”
Dr.Stillmans ~14 Day Shape Up Program
Dr.Stillman's ~Quick Weight Loss Diet
Stillman Recipes

For those who are just joining us, please let us know your goals and for those of us who are "oldies", please revisit your goals or add some new ones. Why are you doing this? How do you want to feel? Think about what you want most and go for it! Let's make September the best month ever. Christmas is right around the corner!

Last edited by IM2fat; 09-01-2010 at 03:29 AM..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2010, 03:33 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everyone. . I left August in the dust and am ready for a do-over! September shall be the month we all achieve our goals.. .

My big one:

Stay on plan for 7 whole days. .No cheats, no tastes. no licks, no smells.. well.. .a few smells but nothing else, I swear.. I gotta get back to stats and fast! sick of being icky. ..

drink more water, less soda
take all my vitamins every single day
order more CO
exercise (a little) don't wanna rush things, ya know. .
feel better
look better
lose something, anything. ..
enjoy time with my family
Praise God!
Old 09-01-2010, 03:52 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Thank you IM!!!

I'm happy to be part of this thread...I've been here since the June one!

I'm always impressed by those who have been here since last year!

Makeme, congrats on your great stats!! That flat tummy feeling is awesome! After 3 c-sections, I don't know if I'll be there again, but hopefully it will get better for me! : )

I'm in my stuck at one weight week, but that's ok...I'll just keep truckin'...at 176...

Happy Wednesday to all!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:59 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Just putting this here. I posted in the August thread...did not see the September thread

Hello Girls. Well, my weight is now the same as my stats but I have been stuck there for two days...I feel much slimmer though...I wore a top that was snug around my tummy yesterday... and I have to tell you, my tummy is almost flat. I always lose weight from the top half first...I'll have a tiny waist with a pair of thunder thighs, lol. Anyway, I hope the scale drops for me soon. I know it's only a couple of days but the good man did say a pound a day and I want to lose a pound a day! Hope everyone is sticking to plan. Have a good day.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:01 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

See Becks/Make me. . .we can do this. . this is the month for losing and I ain't kidding. . the weather will be wonderful. .we can walk, we can talk and we can enjoy our meat! Welcome September. .I'm already feeling more slender!! course I haven't eaten yet today but who's counting. .I take it when I can get it. .
Old 09-01-2010, 04:18 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
See Becks/Make me. . .we can do this. . this is the month for losing and I ain't kidding. . the weather will be wonderful. .we can walk, we can talk and we can enjoy our meat! Welcome September. .I'm already feeling more slender!! course I haven't eaten yet today but who's counting. .I take it when I can get it. .
I have such a good feeling about September...I am having a little surgery on the 14th and I want to shed a load by then. I know it's only two weeks away but I believe I will do it.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:44 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: oldwoman123
coconut

what is coconut bark? the only Coconut bark i know is the melting choc with almonds and then broken into pieces. I know that surely is not what CB is here on Stillman's.
I am in day 2 and anxious to see what Sept. brings. Today will be easier I am sure. Thanks for a great board and a place to share and encourage. Hope you will be seeing less of me.
oldwoman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:57 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwoman123 View Post
what is coconut bark? the only Coconut bark i know is the melting choc with almonds and then broken into pieces. I know that surely is not what CB is here on Stillman's.
I am in day 2 and anxious to see what Sept. brings. Today will be easier I am sure. Thanks for a great board and a place to share and encourage. Hope you will be seeing less of me.

Coconut Bark is a "treat" that is made with Coconut Oil, Cocoa Powder and Sugar Substitute (like Splenda or Stevia). I make mine in a measuring cup and then pour into an ice cube tray and freeze. 3 of the cubes will give me the right amount of coconut oil for the day (if I don't use it in cooking as well). Some people make it in a bowl and then pour it onto a cookie sheet, freeze and break into pieces.
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:49 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hello peeps!!! Found September!! Thanks Im2!
....can't believe it's September already!....but on the bright side...soon we'll be able to hide under lots of layers!!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:50 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

I have to change my avi!!! See if I can do it here on the library computer-not sure you can save things!!! We'll see!!
Old 09-01-2010, 06:53 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Thought I'd go with the Back to School theme!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 07:09 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shsshh. . . I'm sneaking on during the day. .don't tell anyone. .

I was just too gosh darn excited to report that I made it through the morning! Pure STillmans! (Bear with me. .I'm celebrating the little things in life. . ) .Yay, me and Yay, you guys for logging in. Glad you found the thread 123! (sorry. I can't type Old. . my finger hurt too much when I do. . That and Fat. .Ugg. . )

GT love the new Avi.. I thought I would update mine, too. . celebration is what september is going to be all about. . I can tell Hubby is gearing up for losing (he's been sneaking and lifting weights when I'm not looking. .dang him!!). . so I have to be 100% pure so I can be thinner than him..I'm evil, I know. . but i can't have him beating me in anything.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:10 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Webb. ..would you make me some coconut bark and mail it off. . I'm too lazy to look for the ingredients.. Ahh. . better not. .I'd end up eating it all the day I got it. .
Old 09-01-2010, 07:11 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Makeme. .September is our month. . .We shall share!

Ok . .gotta get back to work . I just thought you would all like to celebrate with me. .

This month's theme shall be Party. .Party. .party. . Kids are back to school and we have all September to look hot ..and be hot. . Notice all my little friends in my Avi.. you are even there, Dustin. .(the bear. .grrrr. . .). . enough silliness. .back to work. .really this time. .I have soo much to do. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 09-01-2010 at 07:13 AM..
Old 09-01-2010, 09:27 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Webb. ..would you make me some coconut bark and mail it off. . I'm too lazy to look for the ingredients.. Ahh. . better not. .I'd end up eating it all the day I got it. .

I will be more than happy to make extra and send it You will just have to send me your address via Private Message.....

You would probably not eat it all in one day - it's too rich....
Old 09-01-2010, 09:31 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Ok I have changed my AVI as well. Jiminy Cricket will be hanging out at my house this month reminding me to stay on plan!

"Let your conscience be your guide" - Jiminy Cricket

Crickets are also thought to be Good Luck in Asian cultures.......I will take whatever luck I can at this point

Last edited by swebb; 09-01-2010 at 09:32 AM..
Old 09-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Ok I have changed my AVI as well. Jiminy Cricket will be hanging out at my house this month reminding me to stay on plan!

Crickets are also thought to be Good Luck in Asian cultures.......I will take whatever luck I can at this point
Love your new Avi. I'm trying to do a new one, but I'm not as clever as you all are! If this Cathy strip works out, you will have to click on it to make it bigger to read it. Sorry 'bout that.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
IM2: Thanks for starting the new thread! I'm thankful for a new month and ready to put old stuff in the past.

Focusing on goals and why we are here is a great idea.

Red: I agree with you! I'm grateful for my life and all I have. I just want to live my life as a thinner me!! You have been through so much and yet you are such a positive person and I love that about you.

So, I'm doing Stillman's because:

I want to be a better, more disciplined person.
To prove to myself that I CAN!!
Definitely want to lose 30 lbs by the end of the year.
Don't want to buy new "fat" clothes for sure!!
Feel more comfortable in my own skin...

In Sept. I will:

Drink more water
Join Curves and workout 3 Xs a week (made an app't for Tues. a.m.)
Keep my fridge stocked with Stillman friendly food
Check in here every day when possible!
Weigh every morning
Keep track of body fat%

I know there is more, but I have to head out. I'm going to DD's to hang out for a few days with her and the grandies. Taking my computer, so I can check in!

BTW: Scale was back down 2 of the 3 that it was up yesterday. So, I'm sure it was water weight. I just drank tons of water yesterday and ate lean ground beef and chicken.

Have a great September everyone!! We can do this together!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:18 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Darling Son is back to school tomorrow, so back to usual routine. Early mornings, lots of London traffic, noise etc, Grrrr...I can already feel the road rage!

Last edited by makemeslim; 09-01-2010 at 11:20 AM..
Old 09-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

I'm luvin it!!! Let your conscience be your guide. . .Let your conscience be your guide. . .repeat after me. . .Let your conscience be your guide
Old 09-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yam. . I love Kathy. She was born in my town! How funny that she has weight issues like the rest of us Michiganders!! Not really, though. .she's skinny in real life. .but I just love her relationship with her Mom.. too bad she's retiring! I was lucky enough to see her speak many, many years ago (and to catch a glimpse of her real Mom. . ). . a neat lecture!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. sneaking on. .now I have to sneak off again. . I gotta quit doing this. . it is a bad habit (OK . good habit for me. .not so good for the work thing. . ). . .Love ya guys!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OK. sneaking on. .now I have to sneak off again. . I gotta quit doing this. . it is a bad habit (OK . good habit for me. .not so good for the work thing. . ). . .Love ya guys!
IM2... GET BACK TO WORK OR I'M GONNA PHONE YOUR BOSS!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mustang810
Hi everyone! I'm still on vacation for a few more days but decided i better get back on board before I really get to far gone with my weight. Reading your Sept posts has gotten me energized to start again. I think my biggest problem was not having Stillmans foods ready to have so I eat the easiest thing I can find. So my first goal for Sept is to be prepared! Also I would love to lose 15 lbs this month. I know my starting weight was 210 so that would put me under 200 which I haven't been for a couple of years. I'm not even really sure about the 210 but I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow and see where I'm at. The doctor changed my thyroid meds so I'm hoping that helps me from being so tired all the time. He said it will take a little while to notice but I'm praying it works faster than that. I belong to a small gym by my house so my other goal would be that I go more than twice a week. Sorry I'm rambling but thanks for reading and I'm going to go thaw out my chicken breasts so I can grill for supper and have extras!
mustang810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Shsshh...I can tell Hubby is gearing up for losing (he's been sneaking and lifting weights when I'm not looking. .dang him!!). . so I have to be 100% pure so I can be thinner than him..I'm evil, I know. . but i can't have him beating me in anything.
remember it is your job to beat DHs into submission.

Quote:

LOL I always rescue them when they come in the house-DH thinks I'm nuts (like that's something new) I need some luck, too.
Redneck retirement plan...play LOTTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hello peeps!!! Found September!! Thanks Im2!
....can't believe it's September already!....but on the bright side...soon we'll be able to hide under lots of layers!!!!!
GT!!!!!!!!!! Ugh, the locals say winter begins up here the day after Labor Day. Layers-yuck! It's 90 outside just like back home in Miami.........tanks and shorts and flip flops 'til Christmas!I remember one year it was warm on Xmas day 32F. I was so siked about the warm up I washed the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I have such a good feeling about September...I am having a little surgery on the 14th and I want to shed a load by then. I know it's only two weeks away but I believe I will do it.
A little surgery? Like on a kiddie table and the doc's a dwarf?
Seriously-good luck with that. All surgeries should not be taken lightly. The recovery room, now that's the place to partay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Just putting this here. I posted in the August thread...did not see the September thread

Hello Girls. Well, my weight is now the same as my stats but I have been stuck there for two days...I feel much slimmer though...I wore a top that was snug around my tummy yesterday... and I have to tell you, my tummy is almost flat. I always lose weight from the top half first...I'll have a tiny waist with a pair of thunder thighs, lol. Anyway, I hope the scale drops for me soon. I know it's only a couple of days but the good man did say a pound a day and I want to lose a pound a day! Hope everyone is sticking to plan. Have a good day.
Go girl...I'm happy at two lbs./week! Like I said before, dinosaur metabolism-s l o w

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Thank you IM!!!

I'm happy to be part of this thread...I've been here since the June one!

I'm always impressed by those who have been here since last year!

Makeme, congrats on your great stats!! That flat tummy feeling is awesome! After 3 c-sections, I don't know if I'll be there again, but hopefully it will get better for me! : )

I'm in my stuck at one weight week, but that's ok...I'll just keep truckin'...at 176...

Happy Wednesday to all!
Go girl, you'll never know if ya don't try....Don't I know that stuck feeling too!
Mom has a little of that-yes, I was a breech birth and they did it the old fashioned way, cut her from North to South eek and I got her on the hand weights doing lateral pulls-she said it really worked the lower abs.

Quote:
Hey everyone. . I left August in the dust and am ready for a do-over! September shall be the month we all achieve our goals.. .

My big one:

Stay on plan for 7 whole days. .No cheats, no tastes. no licks, no smells.. well.. .a few smells but nothing else, I swear.. I gotta get back to stats and fast! sick of being icky. ..
lose something, anything. ..
enjoy time with my family
Praise God!
(big tire burnout sound as she leaves August in the dust)

gosh I would settle for five days OP but I still have all these damned vegetables from Mom being here...dunno if the horses would like them...I tried the cats but they are onto melike living with Stillmen buddies....meat and egg lovers they are!

quiet today.....I guess everyone's car is running good and noone needs parts...that's probably a good thing.....

back to work we go hi ho hi ho

Last edited by CCGirl; 09-01-2010 at 01:26 PM..
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:33 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

inspiration..........

Take pride in how far you have come and have faith in how far you can go.

Self discipline is remembering what YOU really want.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will only pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

"If you want to do something, do it. Life is too short not to." - Silvia Weinstock

"don't miss the chances that life is giving you to spend with people you love..remember, there are no rewinds..."

"When you need me, but do not want me, then I must stay. When you want me, but no longer need me, then I have to go."
Nanny McPhee

I fear this day the most......but, then, there will never be a time when I don't need those that I love so it will never happen, right?

Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again.
Sarah Ban Breathnach

"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel
Old 09-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

humor.........

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.

Coffee - not just for social deviants

The kitchen - where it's perfectly acceptable to have open flames and sharp knives.

WOE: A chicken wing and a prayer.

Divorced the scales May 2010
Old 09-01-2010, 04:56 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CRAP, SHE'S UP"!

Dear God, Goddess, Lord and Lady (we strive for full coverage here):
this is my friend, whom I love and this is my prayer for her

Help her live her life
to the fullest.

Please promote her
and cause her to excel
above her expectations.

Help her to shine
in the darkest places
where it is impossible
to love.

Protect her at all times,
lift her up when she needs
you the most,

and

let her know when
she walks with you,

She will always
be safe.

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps.
if you are not willing to move your feet.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

holy cow you have to check this out.....

The Benefits of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet: Index - Second Opinions, UK
more proof that low carb is the only way to live
Old 09-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang810 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm still on vacation for a few more days but decided i better get back on board before I really get to far gone with my weight. Reading your Sept posts has gotten me energized to start again. I think my biggest problem was not having Stillmans foods ready to have so I eat the easiest thing I can find. So my first goal for Sept is to be prepared! Also I would love to lose 15 lbs this month. I know my starting weight was 210 so that would put me under 200 which I haven't been for a couple of years. I'm not even really sure about the 210 but I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow and see where I'm at. The doctor changed my thyroid meds so I'm hoping that helps me from being so tired all the time. He said it will take a little while to notice but I'm praying it works faster than that. I belong to a small gym by my house so my other goal would be that I go more than twice a week. Sorry I'm rambling but thanks for reading and I'm going to go thaw out my chicken breasts so I can grill for supper and have extras!
Mustang! Being prepared is the key. . I get anxious and feel overwhelmed when I don't have meat in the refrigerator ready to go. . Of couse, Tuna is always an option (and boiled eggs are easy) but there's nothing more satisifying than having a few chicken breasts or pork chops ready to warm up. . I grill extra and go overboard when we actually fire up the real charcoal grill. .I throw frozen meat on it until the coals are done. .then I finish cooking in the slow cooker.. flavor is wonderful. .! Great goal. .let's be prepared to lose!!!