Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Oh my BFF in CT is a pure Irish lass with waist long thick red wavy tresses....she uses the John Freida serum to get it tame.

a forum for us Goldilockses? WHERE?

adding yews guys too my gallery permissions.......don't be laughin' now
Oh yes! longhaircommunity dot com . It's a fascinatin' place!! There are even guys on there!

I used to have pics in my gallery...but I cleaned 'em out. I didn't know you could make it private...hmmmmm...

Last edited by becky123abc; 09-06-2010 at 04:15 PM..
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
funny stuff from other threads......

"I'm allergic to carbs... I break out in fat."

Stats: fat/thin/fatagain/wearing a size 10

Stats: almost at birth weight

Location: Philippines Going low carb in a country where rice is eaten three times a day

WOE: A chicken wing and a prayer.

(screen name) Thick and Delicious

Stats: Too embarrassed to tell ya!
WOE: Mostly Atkins, but not as strick as I should be!!!
Start Date: Over and over and over and over...

CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A paraprosdokian is a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to reframe or reinterpret the first part. It is frequently used for humorous or dramatic effect, sometimes producing an anticlimax

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Evening news is where they begin with 'Good evening', and then proceed to tell you why it isn't.

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?

Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted pay checks.

A bank is a place that will lend you money, if you can prove that you don't need it.

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Why do Americans choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America ?

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won't expect it back.

A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Hospitality: making your guests feel like they're at home, even if you wish they were.

Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.

Some cause happiness wherever they go. Others whenever they go.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

I always take life with a grain of salt, plus a slice of lemon, and a shot of tequila.

When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

A bus is a vehicle that runs twice as fast when you are after it as when you are in it.

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The Hartz Mountain Corporation Recalls Hartz Naturals Real Beef Treats Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk
Sat, 04 Sep 2010 14:07:00 -0500

The Hartz Mountain Corporation is voluntarily recalling one specific lot of Hartz Naturals Real Beef Treats for Dogs due to concerns that one or more bags within the lot may have been potentially contaminated with Salmonella. Hartz is fully cooperating with the US Food and Drug Administration in this voluntary recall.

"Study Raises Questions About Osteoporosis Drugs And Esophageal Cancer," by
Scott Henly (_National Public Radio's Health Blog_, September 3, 2010).
Study Raises Questions About Osteoporosis Drugs And Esophageal Cancer : Shots - Health News Blog : NPR

ATTORNEY: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?
WITNESS: No.
ATTORNEY: Did you check for blood pressure?

ATTORNEY: Did you check for breathing?

ATTORNEY: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?

ATTORNEY: How can you be so sure, doctor?
WITNESS: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.

ATTORNEY: I see, but could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?
WITNESS: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law.

According to a news report, a certain private school in Washington was recently faced with a unique problem.

A number of 12-year-old girls were beginning to use lipstick and would put it on in the bathroom. That was fine, but after they put on their lipstick, they would press their lips on the mirror leaving dozens of little lip prints.

Every night the maintenance man would remove them, and the next day the girls would put them back.

Finally the principal decided that something had to be done.

She called all the girls to the bathroom and met them there with the maintenance man. She explained that all these lip prints were causing a major problem for the custodian who had to clean the mirrors every night (you can just imagine all the yawns from the little princesses).

To demonstrate how difficult it had been to clean the mirrors, she asked the maintenance man to show the girls how much effort was required. He took out a long-handled squeegee, dipped it in the toilet, and cleaned the mirror with it.

Since then, there have been no lip prints on the mirror.

There are teachers.. . . and then there are educators...............

"Diabetes impairs but does not halt sex among older adults"
(Eurekalert [American Association for the Advancement of Science], Aug.
27, 2010).
Diabetes impairs but does not halt sex among older adults

now, you knew I couldn't help myself on that one....what exactly is impaired sex? no, wait-don't go there.....

"Body mass index and thrombogenic factors in newly menopausal women"
(Eurekalert [American Association for the Advancement of Science], Aug.
27, 2010).
Body mass index and thrombogenic factors in newly menopausal women

"Insulin resistance may cause Alzheimer plaques," (Reuters Health, August
26, 2010).
Reuters Health Information (2010-08-26): Insulin resistance may cause Alzheimer plaques

yet another reason why low carb and sugar free is the true fiet for humans!

Last edited by CCGirl; 09-06-2010 at 06:34 PM..
Old 09-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
CCgirl; Thank you for all the information, very much appreciated!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:10 AM   #186
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ATTLASTT
Stats: 184/189/154
WOE: STILLMANS
Start Date: SEPT 2010
Thanks all for the welcome and CCgirl l love your posts.
Stillmans going well and it helps that I have been super busy with work.
ATTLASTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:44 AM   #187
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Aleriaa; Is the bike out of the basement and onto your behind yet?? Lol.
I am wondering why drop the sweet and low? I can definitely support your not drinking the crystal light or ANYTHING that has nutrasweet in it! People who ingest nutrasweet wind up gaining weight, and having some form of brain damage, even if it is not immediately apparent. If you are worried about the ground beef, go grass fed only without hormones. If you are going to eat ground beef, make sure that it is fresh and clean (of antibotics hormones, etc) The hormones can make you fat, like they did the cow! Really proven! And thanks for the Kudos on my first month run, it felt good! Better than carbs!!!
Thanks for the info! I have constant sinus problems especially when Im on carbs. Since Ive been back on meat for a week, I was hoping the allergies would come to a halt. Perhaps I havent given it enough time. Im not too particular about where my meat comes from, I just look for the best deal. haha.....i didnt make it through the day without the AS, hence, Im still stuffy....Not even sure if its s&l Im allergic too, just trying to figure it all out. THANKS!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:45 AM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I'm glad you posted ATTLASTT! I hope you like Stillmans. It was something I would never have considered a year ago...but I really like it so far. I just finished 3 months...wow, that's hard for me to believe!
Woohoo! Congrats on 3 months! Youve got the stats to prove it girl! Stills Rocks!
Old 09-07-2010, 05:47 AM   #189
Blabbermouth!!!

Im so jealous of you Rapunzels....My hair has never made it past my shoulders!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 05:53 AM   #190
Blabbermouth!!!

Becky, CC, Beth- click on my avi when you get a chance.:blush:
Old 09-07-2010, 05:55 AM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

Im not eating until IM2 checks in..... she better get in here asap.

and GT, not that I want you away from your man and your Mom, but I cant weight for you to get back home to the internet!!
Old 09-07-2010, 06:27 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

My sense of smell has greatly improved since starting Stillmans. I would say 3/4 of the time I couldn't smell anything...I could hold a bottle of vinegar under my nose and not smell at all.

Now, I feel like I have super human powers! I walk down the grocery isles and I can SMELL the sugar...yesterday my son ordered spaghetti and when he got it, I could smell the tomato sauce so strong...i couldn't believe it!!

I also am smelling the children at school like never before...that's not necessarily a good thing! haha...but I am so thankful to be able to smell the good stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Thanks for the info! I have constant sinus problems especially when Im on carbs. Since Ive been back on meat for a week, I was hoping the allergies would come to a halt. Perhaps I havent given it enough time. Im not too particular about where my meat comes from, I just look for the best deal. haha.....i didnt make it through the day without the AS, hence, Im still stuffy....Not even sure if its s&l Im allergic too, just trying to figure it all out. THANKS!
Old 09-07-2010, 06:46 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh wow!!! How beautiful you are!!! That is so inspiring to me!!
Old 09-07-2010, 06:47 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Woohoo! Congrats on 3 months! Youve got the stats to prove it girl! Stills Rocks!
THank you so much AL. This board really gave me the encouragement I need to stay on plan. Knowing Stillmans has worked for you and so many others...what a great testimony!!
Old 09-07-2010, 07:32 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

AL: regarding hair... try flaxseed oil 2x a day or Brewers Yeast to make hair grow?
Old 09-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #196
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Oh wow!!! How beautiful you are!!! That is so inspiring to me!!
Thank You! thank You! thank You!
Old 09-07-2010, 07:55 AM   #197
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
AL: regarding hair... try flaxseed oil 2x a day or Brewers Yeast to make hair grow?
My hair is very fine..I think it'll always be short, but htanks!
Old 09-07-2010, 07:57 AM   #198
Blabbermouth!!!

already cleaned the pool and watered all the plants! went to Bjs and got 18 lbs of ground beef, and 9 lbs of ground turkey. picked up some beef loin tips too (note: fatty) I am set for a while!! Its sooooo nice to have some time all by myself....its been at least 2 months!!! woohoo! but its sooooooo quiet here in the house! missing the kids already..well, just a little..

off to work on the basement! (Im going to stop the insanity now because I have the makings of a #1 hoarder.) I still have every note that I ever received in highschool..boxes of em! I always had in the back of my mind, I would invite all my old girlfriends on a camping trip and we could read them over and then throw em in the fire. Its been over 15 years....maybe its time to finally clean up. Not to mention every peice of clothing from the 8th grade up....so sad... hubbys been bugging me for years to get rid of everything. He said if I dont do something soon, hes gonna throw it all out while Im at work..
Old 09-07-2010, 07:58 AM   #199
Blabbermouth!!!

BBL Peeps!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #200
Blabbermouth!!!

well Im back...but no one else is...
Old 09-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #201
Blabbermouth!!!

Egg Noodles

From the recipe help section:

"I wanted to share with you a recipe I use for egg noodles for soup. My mother-in-law always made these for Passover(when we can't have any flour or leavened products.) So I am making them now.
I just made them with three dozen eggs.
Three dozen eggs beaten by hand
One tablespoon of potato starch mixed with a little cold water (It has 8 carbs but for three dozen eggs that is not bad. I didn't know if you could use xanthum.
Pinch of salt
Mix everything together.
Spray a pan with non stick spray
Put a very thin layer of egg mixture in pan (just like making crepes)
When it is set flip over for a few seconds then remove it from pan
Once I have a few stacked up I roll it like a cigar and cut very fine shreds
Keep doing this till the egg mix is gone.
They freeze beautifully.
I put these in chicken soup.
I have to hide them otherwise they are gone before the soup is ready!"

Somone else said you could use cornstarch too. 1tsp for 1 dozen eggs. Thats the way to stretch the carb if your willing to go there....
Old 09-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Has anyone ever eaten on plan at Olive Garden? I think I'm going there tonight...I was thinking about getting the salmon...I know it's fat...but I'm ok with good fat.

I haven't had a salad or veggies in over a week...and I've lost 3 pounds...I'm not sure if I want to get a salad or any veggies...I don't want to break my losing streak...cause when I get stuck it takes a week or so to start losing again...

So maybe just a big hunka fish.

I hope IM's doing fine...I'm not used to not hearing from her!
Old 09-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Becky123: Stick with the fish selection and make sure that they don't add anything else on your plate, unless others want to eat it. They have great fresh Iced Tea (Regular) and will keep your glass filled up.. my experience. They might add sugar to their salad, and I suspect they do, so maybe sans the salad, and just have a good piece of fish! You will be happier in the morning with yourself.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Aleriaa; Thank you so much for the egg noodle recipe! I love to make homemade chicken soup, and now I can do it Jewish style! Yeah!!!!! I wonder if the yolks can be reduced in th recipe??? And add more whites? What do you think?
Old 09-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Becky123: Check out the long hair community, was fascinated and will continue to check in now and then there! Thank you!
Old 09-07-2010, 02:49 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

I lost at least a pound this morning! Was soooo glad that I didn't give in last night to eating extra anything!! Drinking lots of water helps with those night time cravings! I have 37 more lbs to lose!! Yeah!! Can hardly wait to get to that 155 mark!

So far today I ate 2 hardboiled eggs with mustard, sweet n low and a speck of sea salt. Yum! And 2 Hebrew National reduced fat Hot Dogs with mustard, yummmmm!

My next yummy meal.... thinking about it! Most likely either another yummy deviled egg, or a turkey pattie with mustard... either way I am going to enjoy it! Exercise consisted of doing a lot of laundry today. Later i will most likely rebound because it is overcast and gloomy outside!
Old 09-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
CCgirl; Thank you for all the information, very much appreciated!
TY!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTLASTT View Post
Thanks all for the welcome and CCgirl l love your posts.
Stillmans going well and it helps that I have been super busy with work.
Laughter is the best medicine

Quote:
AL you are SMOKIN!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know you moonlighted as a Hollywood star...

Leighton Meester

Quote:
well Im back...but no one else is...

we're with ya gal-gallery is awesone!!!!!! Love the two pack abs-my DBF can't get enough of my flat stomach either! You look so young, your kids must still be in diapers!

Quote:
I lost at least a pound this morning! Was soooo glad that I didn't give in last night to eating extra anything!! Drinking lots of water helps with those night time cravings! I have 37 more lbs to lose!! Yeah!! Can hardly wait to get to that 155 mark!

So far today I ate 2 hardboiled eggs with mustard, sweet n low and a speck of sea salt. Yum! And 2 Hebrew National reduced fat Hot Dogs with mustard, yummmmm!

My next yummy meal.... thinking about it! Most likely either another yummy deviled egg, or a turkey pattie with mustard... either way I am going to enjoy it! Exercise consisted of doing a lot of laundry today. Later i will most likely rebound because it is overcast and gloomy outside!
WWTG!!!!!!!!!!!!

B-2 scrambled, 2 oz. london broil
L-3/4 c GY, then I got hungry and ate the last of the steak 2 oz.
D-egg salad made w. 1 whole 2 whites 1 tsp OO mayo (50 cals) and 2 tsp GY

I really must start posting menus that's how Gwn kept accountable...Miss her
Old 09-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al I think Nicole might be a bit closer to your structure........

Old 09-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Becky123: Stick with the fish selection and make sure that they don't add anything else on your plate, unless others want to eat it. They have great fresh Iced Tea (Regular) and will keep your glass filled up.. my experience. They might add sugar to their salad, and I suspect they do, so maybe sans the salad, and just have a good piece of fish! You will be happier in the morning with yourself.
Thanks Anything...I ended up eating only the 12oz steak...no breadsticks, no salad or veggies. I'm completely satisfied. I love, love, love being a carnivore!
Old 09-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on the loss!! I would love to hit 155 too...

Quote: