Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 06:20 PM   #151
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
ok, I'm a-lovin' the poetry!!! more! more!!!

I"m thinking the Beatles...instead of all you need is love...

All I need is meat...(da-dadadada)

All I need is meat...(da-dadadada)

All I need is meat, meat...

Meat is all I need......
Now that is the absolute BEST!!!! Sah-weeeeeet! oops I mean MEAT!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #152
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Having no kids helps a lot....you moms must really have it rough.
you dont know torture til your boy leaves the pb&j crusts on the plate, and you have to walk it over to the garbage all by yourself.... luckily, mines old enough to do it himself now! and my daughter, well she leaves no crumb behind. (im gonna have to keep my eye on her down the road)

I bet your carb king eats all the crusts too, CC!
Old 09-05-2010, 06:27 PM   #153
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
Please, if you are having horrible periods that are late and all over the place, and if you can't lose wt even on a very low carb diet, and if you gain wt. like crazy, etc etc do a Google on Insuline Resistance and PCOS. This might save you all the yrs. I suffered. I don't want anyone to suffer like I have.
Thanks so much for sharing Beth! I feel like I need to spread the word after everything youve told us.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #154
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
I have been on Stillmans over a month straight without deviation (is the one ounce of nonfat cheese deviant?), and am just now starting to get tired. But is was worth the 24 lb loss. Another 37 to go!! So I figure 2 more months... hopefully by Thanksgiving weekend I will be at goal, and still will only eat Turkey then.
Couldn't do it without my peeps!! Thank you for being there!
WOW anything!!! has it been a month already?Congrats! You have done fantastic! If the vitamins dont help with the fatique, try adding in a little fat. If you have been strictly lean, make sure to go slow with the fat. too much in one sitting can lead to upset stomach, vomiting, bm explosions. But you will feel like a new woman if you do it right.

Again. GREAT JOB on the MAJOR LOSS!!!!
Old 09-05-2010, 06:36 PM   #155
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2- Its after my bedtime and Im hanging around waitin for ya... how was your day woman?!?

Had my boring pouch of tuna for lunch, and a huge container of ground beef. Watched hubby eat ooey gooey cheesy nachos. ugh.. Im still drooling.. Gonna be cookin up that turkey bacon that I cant stop talkin about tomorrow morning... Should I or shouldnt I go there is the question...

stay tuned...
Old 09-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
you dont know torture til your boy leaves the pb&j crusts on the plate, and you have to walk it over to the garbage all by yourself.... luckily, mines old enough to do it himself now! and my daughter, well she leaves no crumb behind. (im gonna have to keep my eye on her down the road)

I have to make sandwiches every day for my kids' lunches too...I used to eat all the crusts and think nothing of it...now I throw those babies away!!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:07 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

You are so right AL...I started Coconut oil 4TBS a day...and I had some issues with feeling gross...but the good thing was it completely destroyed my appetite! haha... I probably should have gradually built up...but I'm not very patient!

My body is used to it now and I love my CO!!

Quote:
WOW anything!!! has it been a month already?Congrats! You have done fantastic! If the vitamins dont help with the fatique, try adding in a little fat. If you have been strictly lean, make sure to go slow with the fat. too much in one sitting can lead to upset stomach, vomiting, bm explosions. But you will feel like a new woman if you do it right.

Again. GREAT JOB on the MAJOR LOSS!!!!
Old 09-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

I had grilled chicken today...and a steak...and two cups of coffee with cream.

Quote:
IM2- Its after my bedtime and Im hanging around waitin for ya... how was your day woman?!?

Had my boring pouch of tuna for lunch, and a huge container of ground beef. Watched hubby eat ooey gooey cheesy nachos. ugh.. Im still drooling.. Gonna be cookin up that turkey bacon that I cant stop talkin about tomorrow morning... Should I or shouldnt I go there is the question...

stay tuned...
Old 09-06-2010, 01:54 AM   #159
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ATTLASTT
Stats: 184/189/154
WOE: STILLMANS
Start Date: SEPT 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hi guys just wanted to let you know that the whoosh fairy came last night and took 2lb with her. I've got 10 days until my op (including today) and I want to drop 8lb. That means I will weigh 11 stone 13lb (as I am now 12 stone 7lb) when the day comes. It's hard to believe that I used to weigh 14 stone 1lb... I am 5ft 11 but that was still way too much for me. Stillman’s really is the best weight loss diet I have ever tried and believe me I have tried them all. Since starting this diet I have had many cheats... in fact, I have spent more time off plan than on (I am not encouraging cheating or going off plan) and yet with regards to weight loss the trend is downwards. Of Course I gain a little when I go off plan but as soon as I get back to it I lose again and my weight gets lower still. When I did Atkins, I would blow up like a balloon when I went off plan...and with regards to weight loss the trend was upwards. If you are a lurker and considering Stillman's, please jump in and give it a try...Stillman's rocks.
As a lurker :blush:thanks for this message Makemeslim because its given me the encouragement and push to try Stillmans again/seriously esp as I have gained nearly a stone (14 pounds) more in weight and just hate it.

You would think I would know by now after losing and gaining weight that it is the deadly carbs that cause all the damage for me.

I would like to lose about 35 pounds in all and this is my second day.
Also I am loving the new people here and find them inspiring esp Martine.
I feel I can learn lots and have the support I need to get slimmer/healthier and hopefully I can inspire someone too.
ATTLASTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:42 AM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:

yup, no bread goes uneaten here......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTLASTT View Post
As a lurker :blush:thanks for this message Makemeslim because its given me the encouragement and push to try Stillmans again/seriously esp as I have gained nearly a stone (14 pounds) more in weight and just hate it.

You would think I would know by now after losing and gaining weight that it is the deadly carbs that cause all the damage for me.

I feel I can learn lots and have the support I need to get slimmer/healthier and hopefully I can inspire someone too.
WTG Att! Hang in there and hang out with us!

Quote:
Had my boring pouch of tuna for lunch, and a huge container of ground beef. Watched hubby eat ooey gooey cheesy nachos. ugh.. Im still drooling.. Gonna be cookin up that turkey bacon that I cant stop talkin about tomorrow morning... Should I or shouldnt I go there is the question...stay tuned...
is this the turkey bacon channel....when does the show start, inquiring minds want to know!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:23 AM   #161
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning!!! the kids let me sleep in woohoo! (I remeber when sleeping in meant getting up just up at noon, but I'll take what I can get!) It's 55 degrees here and that makes me feel so happy!!! I love sweatshirt weather! and not because I get to hide my problem zones, its because I get to get out and run around without sweating which lets me want to run around longer! Oh yeah that bike is making its way out of the basement tomorrow. You guys have to hold me to it!! I need some exercise buddies! Taking walks counts or hard core pilates peeps(GT). Dont let me make any excuses!

So the burning question on the turkey bacon tabackle.....should I have some? We'll find out after these important messages....
Old 09-06-2010, 05:25 AM   #162
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I have to make sandwiches every day for my kids' lunches too...I used to eat all the crusts and think nothing of it...now I throw those babies away!!
i think its every mom's right of passage! Who could blame us! So glad we pulled it together and banned the crusts!!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:28 AM   #163
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You are so right AL...I started Coconut oil 4TBS a day...and I had some issues with feeling gross...but the good thing was it completely destroyed my appetite! haha... I probably should have gradually built up...but I'm not very patient!

My body is used to it now and I love my CO!!
Have you noticed any other positive changes besides loss of app and weight loss? Im just curious if its the coconut aspect of the fat or the actual fat that helps. I find the same great things happen with fatty meats, but I could still be missing out by not taking the CO....just typing out loud here..
Old 09-06-2010, 05:33 AM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I had grilled chicken today...and a steak...and two cups of coffee with cream.
ooooo I get so excited when I see steak on peoples menus. I know I could get by on one big steak a day and be totally satisfied and feeling like a queen. I just dont want to spend the money on the meat I really want, and dont have time to go to the store every 2 days..I prefer not to cook frozen steak steak.

all I need is steak! da-dadada...
Old 09-06-2010, 05:43 AM   #165
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Hi ATLAST! Im so glad you decided to join us once again. We can do it this time. I know you can!! I swear if you can just get by the first week, everything will fall into place and the weight will go down down down. Even faster since you gained a little bit! This is my 7th day, this run, and Im telling you I feel at the top of the world. I may not have lost all the weight I wanted this week but I have the motivation to keep going without letting any cheats get in my way. I am over the carb withdrawal period and that is big time news! Yeah I want things and Im still daydreaming about cheese, but Im not giving in. I too find that Martine is a wonderful addition to our already wonderful group. Shes like the cherry on top! (thanks again Martine for joining us) and stick around ATLAST!!! Im looking forward to seeing your 35 pounds melt away. and if my calculations are correct, that will be before thankgiving. Halloween if you kick it up a notch. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:49 AM   #166
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
is this the turkey bacon channel....when does the show start, inquiring minds want to know!
back to the bacon..... and why its soooo important to post and check in here.

I had every intention of trying some turkey bacon today (even though my package does contain some sugar) But now, after waking up and checking in and getting another breath of fresh air. I'm not even interested in it any more. Im keeping it lean and mean and meat. Sugar free. Cause I wanna get this over with as soon as I can!!! Whos with me???!?!?!

and on another note....Im giving up my sweet and low as of right now, and Im cutting back on my crystal light. Im still having some sinus issues and am starting to think its the AS.... what else could it be? the ground beef? I hope not...
Old 09-06-2010, 05:52 AM   #167
Blabbermouth!!!

Strike one of my comments up there....I'll keep it kinda leaner but definitley meaner. I need some fat!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:54 AM   #168
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope everyone has the day off today! You deserve it!!!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:57 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Have you noticed any other positive changes besides loss of app and weight loss? Im just curious if its the coconut aspect of the fat or the actual fat that helps. I find the same great things happen with fatty meats, but I could still be missing out by not taking the CO....just typing out loud here..
Well I do wonder if I had an issue with Candida...I had several of the symptoms listed...
Cravings,
Fatigue
Skin issues

On thing I've noticed that is quite remarkable for me...and I'm a little embarrassed to say this...
My hair is very long...it reaches my behind...and it's dry and thick...so I only wash it once a week...

Before the CO...I would be miserable on day 4 or 5...my scalp would be so red and have these splotches...and incredibly itchy...

I do not have that problem anymore...I could probably go 2 weeks without washing my hair! (Ok, I know that's gross and I wouldn't do that...but that's how much better my scalp feels!)

I do not experience the pain in my joints like I did...but I'm not sure if that's the CO or the fact that I've lost 35 pounds...

And I'm not sure if the CO is helping me or the fact that it's a good fat...and that's helpful. So...I dunno...but whatever ....I feel great! : )

the scale finally moved after a week and a half of being at 176ish. I definitely see a trend in the way I lose weight...I still think when I ovulate or when its' TOM...my body holds on to that weight...so weird...
Old 09-06-2010, 06:54 AM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well I do wonder if I had an issue with Candida...I had several of the symptoms listed...
Cravings,
Fatigue
Skin issues

On thing I've noticed that is quite remarkable for me...and I'm a little embarrassed to say this...
My hair is very long...it reaches my behind...and it's dry and thick...so I only wash it once a week...

Before the CO...I would be miserable on day 4 or 5...my scalp would be so red and have these splotches...and incredibly itchy...

I do not have that problem anymore...I could probably go 2 weeks without washing my hair! (Ok, I know that's gross and I wouldn't do that...but that's how much better my scalp feels!)

I do not experience the pain in my joints like I did...but I'm not sure if that's the CO or the fact that I've lost 35 pounds...

And I'm not sure if the CO is helping me or the fact that it's a good fat...and that's helpful. So...I dunno...but whatever ....I feel great! : )

the scale finally moved after a week and a half of being at 176ish. I definitely see a trend in the way I lose weight...I still think when I ovulate or when its' TOM...my body holds on to that weight...so weird...
OMG I just cut about five inchess off mine and it's below the booty now instead of mid thigh length! Thick and strawberry legally blonde. You?

yay scale for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2010, 07:37 AM   #171
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ATTLASTT
Stats: 184/189/154
WOE: STILLMANS
Start Date: SEPT 2010
Quote:
Hi ATLAST! Im so glad you decided to join us once again. We can do it this time. I know you can!! I swear if you can just get by the first week, everything will fall into place and the weight will go down down down. Even faster since you gained a little bit! This is my 7th day, this run, and Im telling you I feel at the top of the world. I may not have lost all the weight I wanted this week but I have the motivation to keep going without letting any cheats get in my way. I am over the carb withdrawal period and that is big time news! Yeah I want things and Im still daydreaming about cheese, but Im not giving in. I too find that Martine is a wonderful addition to our already wonderful group. Shes like the cherry on top! (thanks again Martine for joining us) and stick around ATLAST!!! Im looking forward to seeing your 35 pounds melt away. and if my calculations are correct, that will be before thankgiving. Halloween if you kick it up a notch. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
CCGirl and Aleriaaa thanks for the v.warm welcome
ATTLASTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:38 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
CCgirl and Becky123: I have hair down to my booty as well. I haven't cut it in over 30 years. It could have been longer, but the water in metro areas made it brittle. I have mine long though for personal reasons. Keep your long hair! You should be proud Becky123, not embarrassed at all! I am glad the CO is working well for your scalp! I just tried Avena's Recontructor in the tube! WOW that stuff really works!

Welcome ATTLASTT: We look forward to supporting you! I love your name! Congrats on the whoosh fairy visit!

Aleriaa; Is the bike out of the basement and onto your behind yet?? Lol.
I am wondering why drop the sweet and low? I can definitely support your not drinking the crystal light or ANYTHING that has nutrasweet in it! People who ingest nutrasweet wind up gaining weight, and having some form of brain damage, even if it is not immediately apparent. If you are worried about the ground beef, go grass fed only without hormones. If you are going to eat ground beef, make sure that it is fresh and clean (of antibotics hormones, etc) The hormones can make you fat, like they did the cow! Really proven! And thanks for the Kudos on my first month run, it felt good! Better than carbs!!!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:42 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

My plan for eating today; no more than 3 eggs, a couple (2) turkey patties. Lots of mustard and no fake nonfat cheese. 100 oz of water.

Excersize: An hour long walk on the beach, or 45 minutes on the rebounder trampoline or both!!

I am hoping to find some carpet rugs for my living room!! Pray folks! I need a deal!
Old 09-06-2010, 07:46 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Martine; you have a blessed day on Stillmans today! Don't you give up girl!! You will make your goal, and if tempted to eat off plan, come back on the boards!
Old 09-06-2010, 08:50 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

I'm glad you posted ATTLASTT! I hope you like Stillmans. It was something I would never have considered a year ago...but I really like it so far. I just finished 3 months...wow, that's hard for me to believe!

I couldn't see myself doing LC without cheeses, sour cream and all of those yummy LC treats...I found my loss eating those was so very slow...

BUt my loss with Stillmans has been fast enough to keep me motivated to stay on plan. (varying a little with salad and a veggie or two...and a little cream in my coffee.)

Plus, I have no problems with feeling bloated and/or gassy...

But I understand different plans work for different people...so I hope you find what works for you!!

Quote:

Old 09-06-2010, 09:06 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Good morning (or afternoon actually!!) just woke up....gotta love the days I can do that. Off to the gym and starting Stillmans up again this morning. So excited to see the results
Have a great Labor Day everyone
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OMG I just cut about five inchess off mine and it's below the booty now instead of mid thigh length! Thick and strawberry legally blonde. You?

yay scale for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mine is red...not so many freckles...but a redhead through and through!!

I'd love to connect faces with all my Stillmans sisters...I'm going to post before and after pics when I get brave enough!
Old 09-06-2010, 02:53 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Wow! Another Rapunzel amongst us!! How cool! Do you ever read the long hair community forums? Every now and then I visit there...but I haven't in a long time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
CCgirl and Becky123: I have hair down to my booty as well. I haven't cut it in over 30 years. It could have been longer, but the water in metro areas made it brittle. I have mine long though for personal reasons. Keep your long hair! You should be proud Becky123, not embarrassed at all! I am glad the CO is working well for your scalp! I just tried Avena's Recontructor in the tube! WOW that stuff really works!

Welcome ATTLASTT: We look forward to supporting you! I love your name! Congrats on the whoosh fairy visit!

Aleriaa; Is the bike out of the basement and onto your behind yet?? Lol.
I am wondering why drop the sweet and low? I can definitely support your not drinking the crystal light or ANYTHING that has nutrasweet in it! People who ingest nutrasweet wind up gaining weight, and having some form of brain damage, even if it is not immediately apparent. If you are worried about the ground beef, go grass fed only without hormones. If you are going to eat ground beef, make sure that it is fresh and clean (of antibotics hormones, etc) The hormones can make you fat, like they did the cow! Really proven! And thanks for the Kudos on my first month run, it felt good! Better than carbs!!!
Old 09-06-2010, 03:52 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
Al, you're so sweet. I just love ya, girl. You know me. I want NO ONE to suffer like I have. Man, if I could help someone not to, that just makes my day. After doing all the Candida stuff and now finding out I have this, I'm so hopeful, God willing, that I will finally get to goal and be right as rain. I'm only 20 away so I should be there at least before the holidays. I'm only 10 away from where I was till the ol' body fell apart! tehe.

Happy day all!

Hugs,
Beth
Old 09-06-2010, 03:52 PM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Mine is red...not so many freckles...but a redhead through and through!!

I'd love to connect faces with all my Stillmans sisters...I'm going to post before and after pics when I get brave enough!
Oh my BFF in CT is a pure Irish lass with waist long thick red wavy tresses....she uses the John Freida serum to get it tame.

Quote:
Wow! Another Rapunzel amongst us!! How cool! Do you ever read the long hair community forums? Every now and then I visit there...but I haven't in a long time....
a forum for us Goldilockses? WHERE?

adding yews guys too my gallery permissions.......don't be laughin' now