Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 03:59 PM   #1201
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
Good idea SWebb - I just wish I would have thought of it before I had cottage cheese, and 3 sf jellos

Now I am working on the coffee. It's weird I am not really hungry but I feel empty. Does that make sense

Hopefully this will pass. I have been about to cave in on some brownies in the fridge but I have been strong and ignored them since Friday. I WILL BE STRONG!!!!
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2010, 04:04 PM   #1202
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/195/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
Good idea SWebb - I just wish I would have thought of it before I had cottage cheese, and 3 sf jellos

Now I am working on the coffee. It's weird I am not really hungry but I feel empty. Does that make sense

Hopefully this will pass. I have been about to cave in on some brownies in the fridge but I have been strong and ignored them since Friday. I WILL BE STRONG!!!!
Remind yourself that those brownies are no longer fresh...they may have a little mold growing on them by now! Tell yourself whatever you have to ---
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:51 PM   #1203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
Ok my friends...I REALLY need some help....
I'm really thinking of doing weight watchers again, although that was my diet of choice before this one...and I was stuck then too...*cries* I dont know what to do! I went to the gym tonight, finally, so I'm going to try and make that a more common thing!
It's just that a diet like WW is so much more convenient for me right now...I can grab a breakfast bar, snack on veggies, grab a yogurt, have a whole wheat sandwich for lunch, etc...I mean I can still do LOW carbs on WW, but Idk. ..It's just getting to the point where its too hard to manage with my schedule. When I was home during the summer and not working I think it was easier...Idk...I really need a confidence booster and some help...
Squish. .just my two cents. . you have to do what works for you or what you feel comfortable doing. .I am a lifetimer at WW. . and I maintained my weight for almost 5 years and then decided to have another kid or two. .been back and forth to WW ever since. .which is why I decided to try low carb. .honestly, though, you can do a combination of both. .you could do WW and just keep it low carb. . Whatever you decide to do. . we are here for you. . Im experimenting with SB right now myself ..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #1204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Peeps. . I was hoping for some great inspiration/stories! Seems like everyone is kinda blah this month. . let's rock it a little. we need to do something for inspiration . . bring some new life to the program. .

I'll think about it a while and get back with you. my back is really killing. .I pulled it out bending over the other day to button up my little one's pants! How stupid was that? I need stronger back muscles I guess. . it is really tight right now. . I hate it. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #1205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Squish. .just my two cents. . you have to do what works for you or what you feel comfortable doing. .I am a lifetimer at WW. . and I maintained my weight for almost 5 years and then decided to have another kid or two. .been back and forth to WW ever since. .which is why I decided to try low carb. .honestly, though, you can do a combination of both. .you could do WW and just keep it low carb. . Whatever you decide to do. . we are here for you. . Im experimenting with SB right now myself ..
I made the switch yesterday....but I'm still gonna do Low Carb as well!! Just adding some veggies...and stuff...but I think it will also keep me accountable for my calorie intake. There would be days where I would just snack on cheese because its "low carb" but 5 slices = bad...This way I can monitor the fat/calories as well as carb!

I'm going to stick around though because you all are such great support!! *fingers crossed for a drop on saturday!*

Went to the gym the other day for the first time in a long time with my sister and a friend...and we actually had fun WHILE working out. Who knew?! Of course I was a complete spaz and didn't know how to use the machines but my friend showed me and I was on my way! Hello Jello Arms....Goodbye!!

Ashley

9/17- 8.1 lbs down...37.4 more to go!
9/18- 9.3 lbs down...36.2 more to go!
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:57 PM   #1206
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
hey guys I was going to start my LC on the first but i decided to start today instead. I ate more of an atkins type diet today and was able to keep on plan for the most part. I say most part because I was at my office and someone had put a starburst in my box. I ate it without thinking!

Tomorrow I will do a little better and will try to eat leaner. I'm looking forward to getting this weight off and feeling healthier.

lisarenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #1207
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on your loss msgirl!! That is fabulous!!!!

Quote:
I kind of jumped at AL's challenge and went to lean meat. Since Sunday I have finally dropped 2.2 pounds. I am not sure if it water or what. I just know my body held onto those 2.2 pounds for a a little over a week and couldn't decide to let them go.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #1208
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
MSgirl; I am the type that has to eliminate fat and carbs both. I would literally gain weight on Atkins. So the pure Stillman works. There is little to no benefit hoping something else less stringent would work. It's better to lose weight (for me) on straight Stillmans and then use other plans for maintenance. (Just to let you know that you are not alone)
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #1209
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Becky123; I love your "mold" vision!! That should work for just about anything.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:39 AM   #1210
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Since Sunday I have finally dropped 2.2 pounds. I am not sure if it water or what.

Not water! Definitley fat!! bye-bye for good!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:43 AM   #1211
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
SP - just don't forget to get back on the wagon....we have all been there. The only detriment is when we don't climb back on and QUICKLY for some of us!
Im back on too! thank goodness! being off-plan isnt really all that fun. I feel much better right now knowing Im in control and excited about knowing Im gonna fit into my fall clothes that Ive been holding onto forever! (I think they are still in style..)
Old 09-30-2010, 05:46 AM   #1212
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
It's weird I am not really hungry but I feel empty. Does that make sense
this totally make sense to me! when Im on stillmans (or meat) I always feel empty. Could be good and bad. i always have room for more meat! but no matter how much I eat, I usually get bored before I get full.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:51 AM   #1213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Peeps. . I was hoping for some great inspiration/stories! Seems like everyone is kinda blah this month. . let's rock it a little. we need to do something for inspiration . . bring some new life to the program. .

Ok IM here's some inspiration

I have a meeting this morning to go discuss new health insurance. I had gone to Goodwill a few days ago to get a couple of smaller outfits (didn't try them on first). So this morning I pulled an Alfred Dunner size 14P out of the bag and it SLIPPED on. No tugging!!

I know this may sound like a very large size to some of you BUT when I started 6 months ago I was wearing a 22/24.

So even though the pounds are not coming off quickly the body shape is changing - SHRINKING
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:53 AM   #1214
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I'll think about it a while and get back with you. my back is really killing. .I pulled it out bending over the other day to button up my little one's pants! How stupid was that? I need stronger back muscles I guess. . it is really tight right now. . I hate it. .
Feel better soon IM2!!!

I dont have any ideas for inspiration except looking at Beckys stats! I must admit, i hate coming in here and talking about my cheats. So I promise it ends here! I know what i need to do and i just need to do it. For me, I need 2-3 solid weeks on plan, then it all falls into place and becomes quite easy...
Old 09-30-2010, 05:55 AM   #1215
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I'm going to stick around though because you all are such great support!! *fingers crossed for a drop on saturday!*

Went to the gym the other day for the first time in a long time with my sister and a friend...and we actually had fun WHILE working out. Who knew?! Of course I was a complete spaz and didn't know how to use the machines but my friend showed me and I was on my way! Hello Jello Arms....Goodbye!!
You must stay!!! Im glad you decided to make the switch. Gonna be sooo easy now for you since youve given stills a try. I look forward to watching your stats go down down down!!! AND GREAT job hitting the gym!!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:57 AM   #1216
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Ok IM here's some inspiration

I have a meeting this morning to go discuss new health insurance. I had gone to Goodwill a few days ago to get a couple of smaller outfits (didn't try them on first). So this morning I pulled an Alfred Dunner size 14P out of the bag and it SLIPPED on. No tugging!!

I know this may sound like a very large size to some of you BUT when I started 6 months ago I was wearing a 22/24.

So even though the pounds are not coming off quickly the body shape is changing - SHRINKING
That is total inspiration!!! By next week you'll be sending it right back to goodwill and heading for the 12s!!! Im so happy for you Sharon!!

the amazing shrinking sharon!!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 06:06 AM   #1217
Blabbermouth!!!

so, a few new rules are in effect at my house..

I will not be buying the super big bag of cheddar cheese.
I will not be making any comfort foods for the family (like chili, or lasagna)
There will be no more ice cream in the house.
I refuse to bring home cheezits anymore.

They will eat meat and like it. I can stay away from the veggies and other sides I make for them no problem and I am strong enough to keep away from the peanuts and goldfish. but that other stuff? Just cant do it.

I feel like a bad mom, but it'll hopefully make them healthier too. Not a bad mom, just a not fun Mom.

My son had a meltdown last night because he wanted nuggets and I was serving chicken. I shouldnt have to argue about dinner. I think nuggets are now on the no-buy list too. He will have to just get used to it.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:09 AM   #1218
Blabbermouth!!!

going in for another cup of joe!!!

BBL
Old 09-30-2010, 06:31 AM   #1219
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
going in for another cup of joe!!!

BBL
Me too girl!! Sipping Parisian Nights as I type!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:26 AM   #1220
Senior LCF Member

Coffee for me too! It is a rainy day here with a little Fall "chill" in the air

My daughter brought me back some specialty (no carb no fat no sugar) flavored coffees from her trip to Canada. I am sipping on a Maple flavored one - YUM.

Now if I could convince my husband to build a fire in the fireplace even though it is 75 degrees life would be more perfect!

BTW - the 2nd batch of no fat yogurt turned out great. It will be a while before I will partake but the DH and DD's will be eating it now.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:33 AM   #1221
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
ms girl- YAY for losing!
swebb- a 14 is awesome i'm proud of ya!
al- good thinking about the nuggets, there all processed anyway
anything-i cant lose on atkins either. I do start bk on it when i have done such a horrible thing like falling off the wagon for months! I just do it to get me past the sugar cravings, once their gone i hit the tuna packs and boiled eggs and the weight really comes off
squishy- there is nothing wrong with trying new things. if it wks for u thats great. If it doesnt then you know that stillmans might be a better option

well guys- so far so good except for the darn diet soda! 32 oz today of the crap.. i will try to get a smaller one tomorrow and then the next day maybe just a can then a mini can and by then hopefully i can get off it all together! the funny thing is a yr ago i never drank the stuff then i got hooked on it and i am really bad ... i know its going to take a little patience on my part is all!

keep up the good wk guys!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:51 AM   #1222
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
so, a few new rules are in effect at my house..

I will not be buying the super big bag of cheddar cheese.
I will not be making any comfort foods for the family (like chili, or lasagna)
There will be no more ice cream in the house.
I refuse to bring home cheezits anymore.

They will eat meat and like it. I can stay away from the veggies and other sides I make for them no problem and I am strong enough to keep away from the peanuts and goldfish. but that other stuff? Just cant do it.

I feel like a bad mom, but it'll hopefully make them healthier too. Not a bad mom, just a not fun Mom.

My son had a meltdown last night because he wanted nuggets and I was serving chicken. I shouldnt have to argue about dinner. I think nuggets are now on the no-buy list too. He will have to just get used to it.
I have similar rules

Maybe you could get your son involved in helping pick out groceries. Make it a game - have him read the labels (for carbs, fat, sodium and sugar). Maybe if he knows he is HELPING you then it won't be so bad. Get his nuggets on the way home from the grocery store as a "once a week treat".

I was guilty of fixing something "fast" for my daughters - even if it wasn't healthy. Time was always of the essence and "health" was something we would get to "later". As a result we are all overweight (me by a lot and my daughters, not so much).

When I did take them shopping with me they really enjoyed "helping" me read the labels. We even researched recipes for some of their favorite foods (like mac n cheese) so that I could make it at home in a more healthy way.

P.S. Yes he will get used to it
Old 09-30-2010, 12:33 PM   #1223
Senior LCF Member

Having another cuppa - this time with some CO in it - hoping it will make the growling tummy happy for another couple of hours until dinner.

May have to eat some tuna.

What is it about rainy days and eating
Old 09-30-2010, 12:49 PM   #1224
Senior LCF Member

Off to the gym!!! It is so humid and sticky and rainy here...and I feel FAT....Grrr....
Old 09-30-2010, 01:36 PM   #1225
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Off to the gym!!! It is so humid and sticky and rainy here...and I feel FAT....Grrr....
Trust me, we ALL have our "feel FAT" days Some of us (me) have more than others

Was today a better eating day for you?? Hope so.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:37 PM   #1226
Senior LCF Member

OMG they DO exist!!!!!:

Last edited by swebb; 09-30-2010 at 01:55 PM..
Old 09-30-2010, 01:38 PM   #1227
Senior LCF Member

Talking about my TOES!!! I haven't been able to SEE them for a long time!
Old 09-30-2010, 02:48 PM   #1228
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Trust me, we ALL have our "feel FAT" days Some of us (me) have more than others

Was today a better eating day for you?? Hope so.
It was!! It was so nice to have food all packed in my little lunch bag lol.
I wasn't starving. No extra snacking. AND I'm making dinner tonight, which I missed...so...so far so good, and even did low carb too...In the past on WW I used to buy all those "smart ones" meals...but they are so bad for you...full of preservatives and SALT! So none of that this time..just healthy eating...I think I can do it. Had a great towork out too...going back tomorrow and sometime this weekend...Saturday is weigh in day AGAIN...hopefully i see some loss...even if its .2 of a lb!!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:47 PM   #1229
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like you had a good day SP!! Congrats!

Quote:
It was!! It was so nice to have food all packed in my little lunch bag lol.
I wasn't starving. No extra snacking. AND I'm making dinner tonight, which I missed...so...so far so good, and even did low carb too...In the past on WW I used to buy all those "smart ones" meals...but they are so bad for you...full of preservatives and SALT! So none of that this time..just healthy eating...I think I can do it. Had a great towork out too...going back tomorrow and sometime this weekend...Saturday is weigh in day AGAIN...hopefully i see some loss...even if its .2 of a lb!!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:48 PM   #1230
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Talking about my TOES!!! I haven't been able to SEE them for a long time!
You are so funny!!!