Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 07:15 PM   #1171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,904
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
I'm fadin' fast y'all, if I don't respond it's the sleeping pills kicking in so hava good nite...
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #1172
Senior LCF Member
 
SquishyPunim413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 197
Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Ok my friends...I REALLY need some help....
I'm really thinking of doing weight watchers again, although that was my diet of choice before this one...and I was stuck then too...*cries* I dont know what to do! I went to the gym tonight, finally, so I'm going to try and make that a more common thing!
It's just that a diet like WW is so much more convenient for me right now...I can grab a breakfast bar, snack on veggies, grab a yogurt, have a whole wheat sandwich for lunch, etc...I mean I can still do LOW carbs on WW, but Idk. ..It's just getting to the point where its too hard to manage with my schedule. When I was home during the summer and not working I think it was easier...Idk...I really need a confidence booster and some help...
__________________

Ashley


9/17- 8.1 lbs down...37.4 more to go!
9/18- 9.3 lbs down...36.2 more to go!
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:10 AM   #1173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,904
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
SP, what do you miss most? Salad? Veggies? personally I think WW is all about deprivation, but that's just me. Is portability the issue? Girls on the run, we need suggestions.........

For most the key is prep. A big batch of chicken ready to go. Greek yogurt at the ready. I remember part of Gwn's success was the SF Jell-o cups, so I made a huge batch yesterday.

I am going to break out the lunch box for the weekly road trip-eating crap on the run isn't helping even tho the stuff is on plan. It's a pain but at least I know what's in it rather than guessing it's okay and then finding out fillers/salt/sugar are hiding in there.

Whatever you choose we will be with you all the way
__________________
Laissez les bon temps rouler!!!!
If you can read this thank a teacher; since you are reading it in English, thank a veteran.
“Enjoy the little things, for some day you may look back and realize they were the big things” – Robert Brault
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:37 AM   #1174
Senior LCF Member
 
swebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 929
Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
..I really need a confidence booster and some help...
Ok let's start at the beginning

From the 2 Week QWL list of things you CAN have is there anything that you DO NOT like to eat?

Once I see what you DO like then I will try to suggest some "meals on the go" for you.

I am sure others will post as well.
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #1175
Senior LCF Member
 
swebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 929
Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Trying a new thing today - making my own yogurt

No fat, no sugar, no preservatives

I will try and use a little vanilla for some flavoring....
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #1176
Major LCF Poster!
 
becky123abc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,900
Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 199/195/160 5'5.5"
Start Date: :::again::: December 26, 2013
Y' know...I'm not all that thrilled with my my weigh ins...I'm sorta stuck at 169...


But I have to remind myself...that I do not struggle with cravings...

That is huge...

So...until the scale moves again...I take comfort in the fact that this WOE pretty much keeps me sane. I have to make myself remember what it was like to binge...to be driven by some force that would propel me to the pantry and eat ANYTHING I could get my hands on...

I would pig out on things I didn't even care for all that much...I remember one time eating a half bag of not very fresh marshmallows...and my husband just couldn't believe I would pig out on that.

There is something to all that blood sugar stuff...insulin ...maybe candida...I dunno... But I am not dealing with those awful cravings and that is huge...

I guess I'm writing this mainly to remind myself of what I'm capable of...and if my weightloss is still slow...at least I'm not out of control...Right now my mindset is, "I'd rather be a little deprived than out of control"...

I'm not sure how long I will feel that way...but I hope it's a lifestyle change for me.

Love to you all!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #1177
Senior LCF Member
 
swebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 929
Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
I bought some LouAnna Coconut oil at the grocery store today. I will use it for cooking but NOT for the CO cubes. This product has NO coconut smell or taste which I really like It would be great for those of you who do not like coconut.

I was a little disappointed. Just saying.........

Last edited by swebb; 09-28-2010 at 11:35 AM..
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #1178
Senior LCF Member
 
swebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 929
Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Trying a new thing today - making my own yogurt

No fat, no sugar, no preservatives

I will try and use a little vanilla for some flavoring....
So the yogurt was semi successful. I like mine thicker and not so tart. I have found some remedies for the next batch...The dogs are going to love dinner time the next few days.
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:30 PM   #1179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,904
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Trying a new thing today - making my own yogurt

No fat, no sugar, no preservatives

I will try and use a little vanilla for some flavoring....
LOL are you goin' Amish on us, girl? That sounds like a lot of work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Y' know...I'm not all that thrilled with my my weigh ins...I'm sorta stuck at 169...

But I have to remind myself...that I do not struggle with cravings...

That is huge...

So...until the scale moves again...I take comfort in the fact that this WOE pretty much keeps me sane. I have to make myself remember what it was like to binge...to be driven by some force that would propel me to the pantry and eat ANYTHING I could get my hands on...

I would pig out on things I didn't even care for all that much...I remember one time eating a half bag of not very fresh marshmallows...and my husband just couldn't believe I would pig out on that.

There is something to all that blood sugar stuff...insulin ...maybe candida...I dunno... But I am not dealing with those awful cravings and that is huge...

I guess I'm writing this mainly to remind myself of what I'm capable of...and if my weightloss is still slow...at least I'm not out of control...Right now my mindset is, "I'd rather be a little deprived than out of control"...

I'm not sure how long I will feel that way...but I hope it's a lifestyle change for me.

Love to you all!
Looking back from where you came will propel you into what you can become!

I remember wanting mac n cheese so bad it was like crack....you betcha there's something about the insulin deal. I've never felt so empowered and in control in my life. Food is no longer the enemey-ignorance is.And I've smatened up quite a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
I bought some LouAnna Coconut oil at the grocery store today. I will use it for cooking but NOT for the CO cubes. This product has NO coconut smell or taste which I really like It would be great for those of you who do not like coconut.

I was a little disappointed. Just saying.........
I heard the LouAna is the cheap overprocessed kind. Thanks for the heads up!

Another lovely day on plan!
3 egg white omelette
12 oz. ground turkey with hot chili spice and a dollop of greek yogurt
heading for Jell-o..........
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #1180
Major LCF Poster!
 
becky123abc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,900
Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 199/195/160 5'5.5"
Start Date: :::again::: December 26, 2013
I'm wondering if I was shot at in our weekly newsletter today...the following was was included...maybe word's gotten out that I'm a meat-eatin' CO girl!

"WELLNESS FACTS:
Limit your intake of saturated dietary fats to prevent clogged blood vessels, elevated blood cholesterol, heart attack, stroke, and excess body fat.
Saturated fats are mostly found in ANIMAL PRODUCTS. Examples are: whole milk, egg yolks, beef, pork, and butter. Two more saturated fats, that do not come from animal sources, are COCONUT AND PALM OIL.
Better choices are MONOUNSATURATED FATS and POLYUNSATURATED FATS.
These will be our next topics."
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:28 PM   #1181
Senior LCF Member
 
swebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 929
Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I'm wondering if I was shot at in our weekly newsletter today...the following was was included...maybe word's gotten out that I'm a meat-eatin' CO girl!

"WELLNESS FACTS:
Limit your intake of saturated dietary fats to prevent clogged blood vessels, elevated blood cholesterol, heart attack, stroke, and excess body fat.
Saturated fats are mostly found in ANIMAL PRODUCTS. Examples are: whole milk, egg yolks, beef, pork, and butter. Two more saturated fats, that do not come from animal sources, are COCONUT AND PALM OIL.
Better choices are MONOUNSATURATED FATS and POLYUNSATURATED FATS.
These will be our next topics."

Hahaha - yeah it looks like you were the target!

The problem with this kind of reporting is that they are not looking at each individual thing. For example - Coconut Oil IS a saturated fat BUT its chemical makeup is far different - it is a medium chain fat and more easily broken down in our bodies. I think food company propaganda does a HUGE disservice to all of us.

We need to research the science BEHIND the words and make informed choices for US.

Becky - you have obviously made great choices for YOU lately. I know this WOE flys in the face of conventional eating but conventional eating is what led me to where I WAS!!
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:00 PM   #1182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,441
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
hey hey hey! I just got my glee-on!! Oh I am hooked! I was able to catch a few episodes on the fox site. (out of order) This show rocks! Definitely caught my attention now and I will have to keep myself up late at night and start from the beginning.

I really had no idea what the show was like. I thought Gaga would be guest starring but it was pretty cool to see the performances. Those kids have amazing voices!!!
I so told you, didn't I?!!! You know I know you by now. . I can't bring myself to watch the current episodes cuz I wanna catch up.. but I did see one of the Britney numbers.. rockin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm hooked, too..

Just for the record. . I've just started Nurse Jackie.. Mmm. .I love it. . of course, I was hooked on the Sapranos too. . and big love. . O . and I watched weeds. .that show cracked me up big time!! I love Netflix!

Last edited by IM2fat; 09-28-2010 at 07:01 PM..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #1183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,441
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
one more thought.. i know that CO is supposed to be really good for us and all, but maybe just maybe it should be eliminated for the first week or two so our bodies can get more adapted to protein only. Becky and Sharon have great results with it but they have been on plan just meat for a long time. just some ideas. have no clue if its right.
My two cents: I do believe the first few weeks you must de-carb and de-toxify.. really, I do! Afterwards, fat is important to lubricate and get things moving.. also for cell rejuv..(I'll admit.. I've been reading again). . I think the key to optimum weight loss is to keep the body guessing. .if you continually do the same thing..you get bored and so does your bod. . my input only.. I've been doing well on SB. haven't really charted any weight loss but I've had TOM to deal with. .bad back (yes.. killing me) so I'm giving it another fair week. .the only thing I can say is that this has been the easiest week in forever. . I may rotate Stillmans and South Beach..(and Glee. .)
__________________
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "O Crap.. She's up!!!
Please be patient, God isn't finished with me yet.
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #1184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,441
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I was looking into freeze dried meats (and fruits and veggies ) today. Like emergency food kits. The stuff lasts like 20 years. Probably more. Im real close to ordering a few cans to see what it tastes like. Would love to keep a big can of no refridgeration meat at my desk. Alls ya need is some hot water and bam - lunch! The ground beef and roast beef were 0 carb, but for some darn reason they add sugar to the diced chicken. I am very curious about this now...

Did I ever mention I have a thing for organized pantrys? One of my favorite hobbies is lining up and rearraging all my canned goods and pasta boxes and such. (and wine too when I used to drink ) I used to have a field day with the baby food jars!!! So much fun!! Now if I could just get hubby to let me order a years supply of emergency food cans, my life would be complete.
Me, too. Me, too. .. That is so funny.. I love order. . well..for the most part.. lately. I'm outa control.
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #1185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,441
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I was looking into freeze dried meats (and fruits and veggies ) today. Like emergency food kits. The stuff lasts like 20 years. Probably more. Im real close to ordering a few cans to see what it tastes like. Would love to keep a big can of no refridgeration meat at my desk. Alls ya need is some hot water and bam - lunch! The ground beef and roast beef were 0 carb, but for some darn reason they add sugar to the diced chicken. I am very curious about this now...

Did I ever mention I have a thing for organized pantrys? One of my favorite hobbies is lining up and rearraging all my canned goods and pasta boxes and such. (and wine too when I used to drink ) I used to have a field day with the baby food jars!!! So much fun!! Now if I could just get hubby to let me order a years supply of emergency food cans, my life would be complete.
Beware Salt!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #1186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,441
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Boy, this weather is causing havoc with my sinus! I spent the weekend coughing up my lungs and placing a warm bottle on my right ear to soothe the earache.

I have not really stuck with the diet.... when I feel like crap, I really have a hard time staying on the plan. I just went shopping and bought some more meats to stock up in the fridge.

I'm ready for Monday and sticking with this plan!!!

-Dustin
Dustin..If you are having a difficult time.. defect..join me on the beach. . you will love it.. the only thing you really have to give up are evil carbs.. but you can have lettuce, beans, cucs.. veggies..its all good
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:40 PM   #1187
Major LCF Poster!
 
becky123abc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,900
Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 199/195/160 5'5.5"
Start Date: :::again::: December 26, 2013
My favorite most recent CCGirl quote...

"Looking back from where you came will propel you into what you can become!"


Whooooo-Girl, that will preach!


Thanks swebb...I appreciate the encouragement...I strongly believe in cutting carbs...but I'm not good at explaining why...but like a lot of folks on here tell people that they are just cutting out sugar and white-processed foods...who can argue with that?!?!

SP, I know it's frustrating when the scale is staying the same...I hope you will find a plan you can be happy with...I know our bodies are all so different...so what works for one may not work for another...


IM, I'm glad you are enjoying the SBD...and I'm really glad you didn't leave this thread!! I'm so scared to add back in things...but one day I will...
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:42 PM   #1188
Senior LCF Member
 
SquishyPunim413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 197
Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Ok let's start at the beginning

From the 2 Week QWL list of things you CAN have is there anything that you DO NOT like to eat?

Once I see what you DO like then I will try to suggest some "meals on the go" for you.

I am sure others will post as well.
Only thing I don't really eat is fish and veal/lamb...not a fan of cottage cheese...thats pretty much it...

It's been so quiet here!!
Today I TOTALLY fell off the bandwagon...Did real well until I babysat and started making chocolate chip cookies with the little girl.....they smelled too good to resist...*sigh*...tomorrow is a new day...

I need constant reminders!!
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #1189
Major LCF Poster!
 
becky123abc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,900
Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 199/195/160 5'5.5"
Start Date: :::again::: December 26, 2013
Today I had 3 cups of coffee...
10 Tequila Lime Chicken wings (first time I've had those this time around...maybe a little more carbs than I should have had...and maybe a little more salt...but they were really, really good!

My CO/CL...and 2 HB eggs.

Sure would like to see a loss in the morning...but I don't "feel" it...
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:14 AM   #1190
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi Everyone!!!! You girls give such good advice!!

No worries Ashley- You are not alone! I caved too this week. Think it was a bad thing to try on the empire dress (that Im wearing this weekend. I figured heck, it looks okay, nice and flowy, I can afford a little of this and that.

But I feel lousy about it. I hate starting over again. Its so tough once I get a little taste of somethin evil yet delicious. BUT, I will begin again today. Coffee and meat. Im sure I can get back to stats by the weekend. That is if I can get through today and tomorrow...

wish me luck!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:17 AM   #1191
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Ive got 24 chicken breasts to grill! i will be prepared this time!

Have a great day peeps!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:56 AM   #1192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,904
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
Only thing I don't really eat is fish and veal/lamb...not a fan of cottage cheese...thats pretty much it...

It's been so quiet here!!
Today I TOTALLY fell off the bandwagon...Did real well until I babysat and started making chocolate chip cookies with the little girl.....they smelled too good to resist...*sigh*...tomorrow is a new day...

I need constant reminders!!
next time make a big batch of tuna fish or homemade chicken fingers, dredged in egg white and coated with parmesan then bake.........don't let the little ones eat that stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hi Everyone!!!! You girls give such good advice!!

No worries Ashley- You are not alone! I caved too this week. Think it was a bad thing to try on the empire dress (that Im wearing this weekend. I figured heck, it looks okay, nice and flowy, I can afford a little of this and that.

But I feel lousy about it. I hate starting over again. Its so tough once I get a little taste of somethin evil yet delicious. BUT, I will begin again today. Coffee and meat. Im sure I can get back to stats by the weekend. That is if I can get through today and tomorrow...

wish me luck!
every day is a gift, that's why it's called the present

I just had lean london broil for breakfast...........YUm!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:23 PM   #1193
Major LCF Poster!
 
msgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: TX!!!
Posts: 1,311
Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
Just finished catching up on the last three days posts! Sound like many of us have been in the same boat.

I kind of jumped at AL's challenge and went to lean meat. Since Sunday I have finally dropped 2.2 pounds. I am not sure if it water or what. I just know my body held onto those 2.2 pounds for a a little over a week and couldn't decide to let them go.

I have had only tuna, chicken, cottage cheese or sf jello since Sunday.

I have had my normal coffee w/cream - not giving that one up!

I also eliminated CO cubes. I don't really know if they were the culprit of the swelling and bloating or if the red meat was causing me to hang on to the pounds. I ate super clean last week and the week before but I did have CO and ground beef/sausage.

So, I am truly wondering if I am one of those who has to steer away from CO and fatty meats in order to lose.

Who knows I am just happy to be dropping and my TOM is next week so I should be gaining. So, all in all I am satisfied for a little while However, I am a little nervous cause I won't be getting on the scale again for another week. I leave tonight from my house and then won't be back until later Sunday. Then, TOM will be here and I refuse to weigh during that time. So......it should be fun
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:23 PM   #1194
Major LCF Poster!
 
msgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: TX!!!
Posts: 1,311
Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
SP - just don't forget to get back on the wagon....we have all been there. The only detriment is when we don't climb back on and QUICKLY for some of us!
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:24 PM   #1195
Major LCF Poster!
 
msgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: TX!!!
Posts: 1,311
Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
IM2 - I have always wondered about SB - I agree with becky - it may be a great maintenance plan
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #1196
Major LCF Poster!
 
msgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: TX!!!
Posts: 1,311
Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
AL - grill that chicken and get back to us!!!!

You are so right about one little bite being evil.....I just cannot do one little bite without FALLING off
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #1197
Major LCF Poster!
 
msgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: TX!!!
Posts: 1,311
Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Y' know...I'm not all that thrilled with my my weigh ins...I'm sorta stuck at 169...


But I have to remind myself...that I do not struggle with cravings...

That is huge...

So...until the scale moves again...I take comfort in the fact that this WOE pretty much keeps me sane. I have to make myself remember what it was like to binge...to be driven by some force that would propel me to the pantry and eat ANYTHING I could get my hands on...

I would pig out on things I didn't even care for all that much...I remember one time eating a half bag of not very fresh marshmallows...and my husband just couldn't believe I would pig out on that.

There is something to all that blood sugar stuff...insulin ...maybe candida...I dunno... But I am not dealing with those awful cravings and that is huge...

I guess I'm writing this mainly to remind myself of what I'm capable of...and if my weightloss is still slow...at least I'm not out of control...Right now my mindset is, "I'd rather be a little deprived than out of control"...

I'm not sure how long I will feel that way...but I hope it's a lifestyle change for me.

Love to you all!

You are an inspiration! Keep pressing on....not having cravings is a MAJOR thing!!! That is why I can sustain this lifestyle and why I always come back to it!
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #1198
Major LCF Poster!
 
msgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: TX!!!
Posts: 1,311
Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
Alrighty ya'll I had my cottage cheese (1/2 cup) for breakfast, about 5 oz. of chicken breast for lunch...and I am a little bored - not good So, I think I am gonna go poke some tuna down my throat....or coffee.

hmmmmmm.......what to do
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:07 PM   #1199
Senior LCF Member
 
swebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 929
Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
Alrighty ya'll I had my cottage cheese (1/2 cup) for breakfast, about 5 oz. of chicken breast for lunch...and I am a little bored - not good So, I think I am gonna go poke some tuna down my throat....or coffee.

hmmmmmm.......what to do
Hot coffee always seems to help me get past the "I'm bored" cravings. So that is my vote
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #1200
Senior LCF Member
 
swebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 929
Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
This is too funny. It is a good reason to eat MEAT!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=424190396386

Last edited by swebb; 09-29-2010 at 03:01 PM..
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:53 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.